• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

that's why gatcha games nowdays seems nonsenscal to me..
50$ for 8500 crystal, means that a 10+1 is worth like 41$..
41 freaking dollars for a PULL of (usually poor units) in a game?

the fad has gone a long way..
no offense, but gatcha at these price is pretty insulting, especially considering the 5* rates..
not gonna lie, i'm not giving them anymore money until the lapis price gets cut TO a third..
so 17$ for 8500 crystal, which is still a MORE THAN FAIR amount..

can you seriously justify those crystal price, when for that price you can get:
zelda? horizon? nier? niho? and instead you'll most likely get 10 poor 3* and 1 4*... just.. no...

On the other hand, we are not forced to spend on ffbe, unlike console games. The only reason we spend on ffbe is to get ahead of the curve, which isn't necessary.

There's a lot of f2p here who've managed to clear all current content.

Visceir

Yup, wouldn't mind dropping 15$ - 20$ to the devs for an attractive one time exclusive pack or something, but been f2p so far. Top 5k in raid ranking, so I'm doing fairly alright for couple months of playtime.

Celegus

that's why gatcha games nowdays seems nonsenscal to me..
50$ for 8500 crystal, means that a 10+1 is worth like 41$..
41 freaking dollars for a PULL of (usually poor units) in a game?

the fad has gone a long way..
no offense, but gatcha at these price is pretty insulting, especially considering the 5* rates..
not gonna lie, i'm not giving them anymore money until the lapis price gets cut TO a third..
so 17$ for 8500 crystal, which is still a MORE THAN FAIR amount..

can you seriously justify those crystal price, when for that price you can get:
zelda? horizon? nier? niho? and instead you'll most likely get 10 poor 3* and 1 4*... just.. no...
Exactly why I still haven't spent anything. What you get in return just feels insulting, even though I love the game. I'd throw them some money if there was ever something that felt reasonable, but for now I'd rather just roll with what I end up with (which in my case is quite a lot somehow).

Xion86

In the same way that the Player's Choice banner was timed to drain Lapis/ticket reserves before releasing Orlandeau, the Orlandeau banner is set up to drain the remaining reserves (and/or purchased Lapis) before more reasonable banners come.

Within the next three months: DQ. Aileen's FFBE banner. FF6. FF10. Potentially the second BF banner. FF12. And it's safe to assume there'll be at least one GL exclusive banner in that time period. (no, I didn't forget Type-0 3, I just intentionally left it out)

Our ticket intake is reduced these days. People with mature accounts are getting less frequent Lapis from ranking up. Before you break the bank, consider whether you're okay with arriving on a CNY-level banner with no tickets. Or only being able to eke out dailies for Rikku or Tilith. Or struggling to obtain the Loto Sword because you couldn't get enough bonus units for DQ.

Pull smart, not hard.

Wise words :)

I have to agree that the lapis prices are outrageous though, for a mobile game.

Ken

3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif
3XfRJ3A.gif

jXL6gcT.gif

0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif
0ZZIMGY.gif

ALLLLLLL Right Noobers

I just opened up a massive 12 slots

If you dont have the good doctor by now.... This is your moment

746 132 519

Get going fools

Xion86

So I think I'm going to have to finally remove Chilly and CCIE :(

QeAO8nDl.png

Along with the Dr above, I'm making some room, so add me GAF lurkers and newcomers:

o2kul2Ul.png

(Noctis currently geared for Raid)

Kouriozan

Cleaning my friend list as well, been 2/3 months since the last time I did it.

Here's my ID : 464,761,570

Just saw I have 298 consecutive login days, will be fun to be at 400+ for the 1st year anniversary in July, thanks to the soft launch.

6CVxPDtl.png

Celegus

Wife texted me at work that she finally got a rainbow on the players choice banner she dumped most of her tickets into... DKC. She's uh, let's say less than thrilled.

Wife texted me at work that she finally got a rainbow on the players choice banner she dumped most of her tickets into... DKC. She's uh, let's say less than thrilled.

Fucking DKC Troll strikes again. Outside of Death Bringer he's of no use right now. When enchancements become available that's another story.

Rixa

Fucking DKC Troll strikes again. Outside of Death Bringer he's of no use right now. When enchancements become available that's another story.

Hey Iam using mine...

In a TM team :(.

Atleast I have GIL ready for enhancements:

Screenshot_20170322-193502.png

across

My condolences to your wife... and my pre-emptive condolences to everyone who will pull Ace, Delita, DKC, and Queen tomorrow. Rest in peace, lapis.

Valentus

With raijin scroll (now thunder god plan) dkc is actually very good.

But again, if you have that TM means you have am orlandu and probably dont need dkc in your team xd

Rixa

My condolences to your wife... and my pre-emptive condolences to everyone who will pull Ace
Beside me, I think DRob is the only one who would like to get Ace :D.

Granted, not sure if I want 2 Ace :D. But it wouldnt be end of the world.

i have this weird suspicion that after they introduced the crystal changes that they didnt leave the pool normalized like golds and blues are

im seeing a lot of off banner rainbows pop into dkc and marie

i cant prove one way or another since its already so rare to get a rainbow in the first place...

tricky fucks

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i have this weird suspicion that after they introduced the crystal changes that they didnt leave the pool normalized like golds and blues are

i cant prove one way or another since its already so rare to get a rainbow in the first place...

tricky fucks

On banner hits for Reddit are still being reported the same outside of Sheera Gate

On the cost, I do feel like a pull should be around 1$. Even using Amazon, it will turn out to be a bit of a buck for the daily and closer to 2.50 per pull.

H3xum

Is Reflect (Marie's) ever really a useful mechanic? I am sure it is but I don't understand how to use it. Is it the same as the full fledged games where I cast Reflect on my team then have everyone cast black magic off of it and it returns with amplified damage?

Is it ever key in upcoming trials or anything big?

Is Reflect (Marie's) ever really a useful mechanic? I am sure it is but I don't understand how to use it. Is it the same as the full fledged games where I cast Reflect on my team then have everyone cast black magic off of it and it returns with amplified damage?

Is it ever key in upcoming trials or anything big?

depends on the enemy

the last few tough bosses tend to use abilities or physical

its been awhile since we had some mage boss that uses reflectable spells and we likely wont

Takuan

Add me to the list of people who would pay if the value was there. Even considering all the time I've dumped into the app, I can't justify what they're asking for. I get that the whale model is tried and true, but I have to think there's a better way.

Anecdotal collected evidence pegs the drop rate of the rarest materials for crafting from this event at ~1% drop rate. So, 2 in 100 pulls is above average... Sorry :/

Also, from that running thread, Y'shtola's drop rate appears to be 0.25%, or 1 in 400 pulls.

Fun with odds time:

Odds of Pullinng Y'shtola (using the 0.25% rate):

In 100 points: 0.25%
In 100k points: 22.14%
In 200k points: 39.38%
In 400k points: 63.26%
In 1 million points: 91.82%
In 2 million points: 99.33%

Welp. I'm up to 1.1m and no Ysh. Glad I didn't pull on the PC banner, lol.
Guess I should consider myself lucky; I pulled Y'sh on my third raid pull of ~2500. I don't plan on stopping the grind until the moogle (about half-way there now), so I'll probably get there eventually.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I've looked at the 5* base units I have (Ramza, Randi) and ultimately concluded that Orlandeau is in fact the most valuable of the 'big chain' units I can chase for the next couple months. Tidus' MP regen and stat boosts won't be so relevant with Enh.Ramza online, and Aileen doesn't enable me to get a second powerful unit up to par like Orlandeau's TM will do with Randi. So I'm going all in.

I still don't think it's a good banner to pull on (because there are no consolation prizes), a good idea to spend resources before Rikku & Tilith (for those who missed the latter), or generally a good idea to chase rainbows. I like reading reasoned advice and ignoring it, so I'm just providing the opportunity for someone else to do the same.

And hey, apparently I'll have a bit over 50/50 chance to get him. What could go wrong?

You're totally right, I'm irrationally excited for the chance due to nostalgia and the wait.

I have a ~45% chance at him too, hoping lady luck favors me.

creid

tricky fucks
I did get a Delita from the PC banner yesterday -_-

I will not spend my tax refund chasing NoctisI will not spend my tax refund chasing NoctisI will not spend my tax refund chasing Noctis

Kouriozan

My long term goal right now is trying to hoard 35k+ lapis and as much tickets as possible for the Onion Knight, I have seen JP video and he looks incredibly crazy.
So I'll just do dailies for great 5* units and dailies/tickets for Setzer/Rikku/Ashe/Rasler.
Currently at 19k lapis and about 40 tickets, just hope I won't have rage pulls or YOLO moments like last year x)

across

Beside me, I think DRob is the only one who would like to get Ace :D.

I wouldn't mind any 5* base as a "surprise, your daily is a rainbow!" result, but if I'm dropping 10+1 pulls and my rainbow crystal is not Orlandeau, but Thunder God Aceidolfus, I'm gonna cry blood.

I wouldn't mind any 5* base as a "surprise, your daily is a rainbow!" result, but if I'm dropping 10+1 pulls and my rainbow crystal is not Orlandeau, but Thunder God Aceidolfus, I'm gonna cry blood.

Id bo ok with an off banner Ace as long as it didnt come from an 11 pull lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I wish everyone aiming for Orlandu gets one tomorrow. ^_^

You all deserve it. Only reason I kept with the game was you all.

I have saved up some lapis for Orlandu but a lot of you guys have put me off pulling tomorrow. I think its wise not to and wait for a banner that actually is worth it with more than one unit that is good.

evangd007

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I've looked at the 5* base units I have (Ramza, Randi) and ultimately concluded that Orlandeau is in fact the most valuable of the 'big chain' units I can chase for the next couple months. Tidus' MP regen and stat boosts won't be so relevant with Enh.Ramza online, and Aileen doesn't enable me to get a second powerful unit up to par like Orlandeau's TM will do with Randi. So I'm going all in.

I still don't think it's a good banner to pull on (because there are no consolation prizes), a good idea to spend resources before Rikku & Tilith (for those who missed the latter), or generally a good idea to chase rainbows. I like reading reasoned advice and ignoring it, so I'm just providing the opportunity for someone else to do the same.

And hey, apparently I'll have a bit over 50/50 chance to get him. What could go wrong?

My odds are pegged at 62.8% (74 tix/35,000 lapis)

I'm not pulling on this banner beyond getting 1 or 2 units for the event. I want to keep eking out a ticket profit bit by bit until Tidus/Rikku banner, then go all out. Hopefully I'll have enough left after that for Ashe and Rasler.

If I land all 4 of those, I'm set for life, right?

I have saved up some lapis for Orlandu but a lot of you guys have put me off pulling tomorrow. I think its wise not to and wait for a banner that actually is worth it with more than one unit that is good.

Its a really bad banner

Ill be ticket pulling and dailies only so i have some bonus units

Lyrian

To be fair, Orlandeau is an outstanding unit for a very long time.

The problem is that to "balance" out how outstanding Orlandeau is, the rest of the banner ranges from very mediocre to outright awful.

-- Soleil is only situationally good **after** enhancements. Right now, she only has a very niche argument for use as a very "poor person's" Ling for her debuffs, as a consolation unit for those who didn't pull her during her limited banner. In terms of her buffs, Refia/Luka, and the absolutely **free** Minfillia blow her out of the water.

So, for the upcoming banner, Soleil is only useful as an pretty-to-look-at bonus unit.

-- The 2 3*s are quite bad, and only Lawrence has a marginally useful TM as a "poor person's" Brave Suit.

To sum it all up, there's a 0.5% chance of pulling a Hope Diamond, and a 99.5% chance of pulling a Korok Seed. That's why people are posting the warnings about the banner starting tomorrow.

across

My odds are pegged at 62.8% (74 tix/35,000 lapis)

I'm not pulling on this banner beyond getting 1 or 2 units for the event. I want to keep eking out a ticket profit bit by bit until Tidus/Rikku banner, then go all out. Hopefully I'll have enough left after that for Ashe and Rasler.

If I land all 4 of those, I'm set for life, right?

Yes. This is a much better call than spending everything - or, honestly, anything - on this banner. Even if you subtract Tidus from that equation, you will be sitting very pretty for the foreseeable future. I still believe FF10 or FF12 are the best banners to go all-in on, inasmuch as any banner merits that strategy.

Just always try to go into things with a clear mind. Is this lapis I'm spending better used towards (5/10/15/20/etc.) TMs? If I've cleared Gilgamesh and I'm done with Ifrit, am I going to have any need for Orlandeau for the next month? Would I rather buy NieR:Automata instead of a lapis bundle to replenish my stocks after I bottom myself out with nothing to show for it but 75% towards Lawrence's TM? Shouldn't I save my tickets for Easterakshasa?

The ultimate question to ask yourself before going all-in on any banner is this one: am I okay with receiving nothing of value for my expenditures? On other banners, silver and even bronze exists. On this banner you have gold and then three serrated soup can lids.

Goodluck to all pulling during Orlandugeddon. 1 10+1 all my tickets and a daily everyday is all they will get out of me this time. Those other units are just too ass for me to waste resources on. At least the PC had those moogles that got me like 30 more TMs done.

To be fair, Orlandeau is an outstanding unit for a very long time.

The problem is that to "balance" out how outstanding Orlandeau is, the rest of the banner ranges from very mediocre to outright awful.

-- Soleil is only situationally good **after** enhancements. Right now, she only has a very niche argument for use as a very "poor person's" Ling for her debuffs, as a consolation unit for those who didn't pull her during her limited banner. In terms of her buffs, Refia/Luka, and the absolutely **free** Minfillia blow her out of the water.

So, for the upcoming banner, Soleil is only useful as an pretty-to-look-at bonus unit.

-- The 2 3*s are quite bad, and only Lawrence has a marginally useful TM as a "poor person's" Brave Suit.

To sum it all up, there's a 0.5% chance of pulling a Hope Diamond, and a 99.5% chance of pulling a Korok Seed. That's why people are posting the warnings about the banner starting tomorrow.

Exactly!

Its insane just how bad the banner units are given the units you can get for free from the Raid

Hell these units arent even good for new players. This was an opportunity to keep global banners interesting and they dropped the ball in favor of hosing players chasing orlandu

this is a trap banner in the perfect sense of the word

I will do Dailies and use tickets but nothing more until next banner.

Once the next really good banner arrives there is still a chance to pull Orlandu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom