• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Didn't think troll yellows were a thing, but then I got Hope on the shine banner...

Decided to reset my game and give it two more tickets. Shine! Lucky day today, shine in 5, Queen and 2 Eights in 4. Usually my banner luck is horrid.

Congrats! We somehow aren't friends?!

Sent you a request my man.

I just ran into a Golden Bomb in ELT. 200 white phantoms or whatever the hell. 2nd stage. Didn't try to steal but 200 on death

I tried to steal from it earlier. It gives you 2 lol. Don't bother.

Only need 77k for everything I want from the event, I usually try to get around 200k. I should be done with this by tomorrow I would assume. This event seems so out of place honestly the units aren't great, and even the event equipment, and materia except maybe the ATK 15% just seems not very good.

Alkez

Doing some Math to see what I can do with Queen. I think right now this is the best setup with what's available to me.

Queen 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Save the Queen +112ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Wisdom +30%ATK +HP +20%
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200

Total Stats: HP: 6405 MP: 258 ATK: 830 DEF: 304 MAG: 288 SPR: 228

Only need 77k for everything I want from the event, I usually try to get around 200k. I should be done with this by tomorrow I would assume. This event seems so out of place honestly the units aren't great, and even the event equipment, and materia except maybe the ATK 15% just seems not very good.

I think you and I are going for the same stuff, but I feel the Vitality Apparatus is decent for defensive units so I'm going for that as well.

Doing some Math to see what I can do with Queen. I think right now this is the best setup with what's available to me.

Queen 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Save the Queen +112ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Wisdom +30%ATK +HP +20%
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200

Total Stats: HP: 6405 MP: 258 ATK: 830 DEF: 304 MAG: 288 SPR: 228

I think you and I are going for the same stuff, but I feel the Vitality Apparatus is decent for defensive units so I'm going for that as well.

I am going for Tix, Cheap mats, Cactuars, and megacite and that is it. I would get the Vitality Apparatus but I already have 2 Arsha Talisman and 2 of Cupid Artemios's ring so it doesn't make much sense for me.

evangd007

Pulled for some event units this morning:

Daily: Gold - Snow
Ticket: Blue - Luna
Ticket: Blue - Exdeath
Ticket Blue -> Gold! -> Rainbow!! -> Queen!!!

I suppose that makes up for the 30+ tickets I spent on the first Type-0 trying to get Seven. Set her as my friend unit.

042 446 671

Pulled for some event units this morning:

Daily: Gold - Snow
Ticket: Blue - Luna
Ticket: Blue - Exdeath
Ticket Blue -> Gold! -> Rainbow!! -> Queen!!!

I suppose that makes up for the 30+ tickets I spent on the first Type-0 trying to get Seven. Set her as my friend unit.

042 446 671

Congrats on the Queen!

Kumquat

I have gotten all sorts of new characters and need to redo my team again. If someone could take my list and recommend the best team for me. My 6 star characters are as follows.

Ex Death (Pretty sure he makes the team)
Cecil
Chizuru
Refia
Mercedes
Bartz
Shine
Firion
Cerius
Medius
Xiao

All help is appreciated. If you feel like friending me my ID is 688,010,049

Alkez

I am going for Tix, Cheap mats, Cactuars, and megacite and that is it. I would get the Vitality Apparatus but I already have 2 Arsha Talisman and 2 of Cupid Artemios's ring so it doesn't make much sense for me.

Yup that's the same as me. I'm also going for Star Quartz as well. I know they come in abundance atm but it's something I always like to get because I never seem to have enough. Plus I want 2 more Earrings for a future mage team I'm building.

Ah yeah, see I still have my Arsha's Talismans to do that's why I'm getting it for the meantime.

I have gotten all sorts of new characters and need to redo my team again. If someone could take my list and recommend the best team for me. My 6 star characters are as follows.

Ex Death (Pretty sure he makes the team)
Cecil
Chizuru
Refia
Mercedes
Bartz
Shine
Firion
Cerius
Medius
Xiao

All help is appreciated. If you feel like friending me my ID is 688,010,049

Chiz and Firion can be replaced depending on content. You also don't have a breaker, but Cecil/Refia/Death should be a real solid trio to start.

Broseybrose

My lord, the Cactaur Dunes have been greatly improved. For the same 15 NRG you can get up to 6 Gigantaurs. Basically up to one Gigantaur on round 1, 2 on round 2, and 3 on round 3!

Much better than before.

H3xum

Guess I'll just take my champion belts off of my firion and put it on my Olive until my 2x Bracers are finished.

Not like I will be using him anytime soon anyway

Bumped my Olive up from like 840s to 930s

Still have a few open slots if anyone needs a friendddddd

My lord, the Cactaur Dunes have been greatly improved. For the same 15 NRG you can get up to 6 Gigantaurs. Basically up to one Gigantaur on round 1, 2 on round 2, and 3 on round 3!

Much better than before.

Oh so they changed that as well as the Gil Snapper cave! Nice! Now we just need the next tier which I am sure they will wait forever since they changed the amount you can get.

Much better than before.

Was just going to post this. Really awesome update.

My only sub on my current team would be Mercedes for Firion. Why Firion over any of the others?

He has a bunch of killer passives. Paired with a matching esper he can wreck most species.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Much better than before.

:-0

I'll probably just do only that this weekend.

Xion86

Real dick move removing bonuses from the first Type Zero units. They didn't pull this shit with FFXIII.

This is what I was thinking....not impressed at all. Just forcing you to pull more.

Used 7 tickets and none were banner units :( saving the 30 tickets left.

Good lord they nerfed Nimbus drops so hard, with him being essentially impossible to kill for most it's like.... why is he even there

Pejo

Re-upped a bit of lapis to do a 10+1 and hopefully snag a bonus unit or two. Definitely did.

cOTfVkN.png

Ironically, the unit I was hoping for the most was Cinque, just because I like her sprite.

I'll take it though!

Got Queen to 6* and put her up as my friend unit for the duration of the event.

The prices of the important things in this mog king event this time is really reasonable. I might skip grinding it this weekend and hammer down on the improved dunes instead.

Re-upped a bit of lapis to do a 10+1 and hopefully snag a bonus unit or two. Definitely did.

Ironically, the unit I was hoping for the most was Cinque, just because I like her sprite.

I'll take it though!

Got Queen to 6* and put her up as my friend unit for the duration of the event.

The prices of the important things in this mog king event this time is really reasonable. I might skip grinding it this weekend and hammer down on the improved dunes instead.

That is an amazing banner pull, if that's what you were going for. Nicely done.

tuffymon

No one at my Best Buy for Switch not sure I wanna wait here for 2 hours though. As for the event I did 30 pulls and got a single Nine and a couple of the 3*s. Type 0 banners hate me . Will get the tix...mats...cactuars and megacite and I'm out.

I know some places did a midnight release that weren't even open that late normally, hard to gauge something like that.

I just ran into a Golden Bomb in ELT. 200 white phantoms or whatever the hell. 2nd stage. Didn't try to steal but 200 on death

Mentioned it earlier, glad to know I wasn't the only one who's seen this.

Alkez

This is what I was thinking....not impressed at all. Just forcing you to pull more.

Used 7 tickets and none were banner units :( saving the 30 tickets left.

I still think they'll add bonus for the old units next week like they did with 13.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
New Dunes is awesome. It maybe better to just run it, then getting the Cacturs through King.

4 runs, got me 20 cacturs, mainly the Gigas with a few standard, I think I'm just going to run it today and level up my Luka. Then do the event.

For this event, same items as normal.
Cacturs, Megacities, Tickets, Sacred Crystals, and Elixirs. With the rest from the dailies will go to replace my lowest 6* mat.

eggydoo

This is what I am doing to level up some characters. Getting at least 3 gigantaurs so far. I have not seen this king cactaur yet....anyone know how much exp it gives?

Pejo

Has anyone encountered Nimbus with an Olive yet? Does her Mortar hit him and he retaliate?

I haven't seen him at all yet, got a few of the gold bombs though. From what I've seen of Olive's mortar, it seems to be treated as a "counter". Like it seems it can't be countered by other units, but still counts as physical damage. My guess is yes, but that's just a guess.

Broseybrose

New Dunes is awesome. It maybe better to just run it, then getting the Cacturs through King.

4 runs, got me 20 cacturs, mainly the Gigas with a few standard, I think I'm just going to run it today and level up my Luka. Then do the event.

For this event, same items as normal.
Cacturs, Megacities, Tickets, Sacred Crystals, and Elixirs. With the rest from the dailies will go to replace my lowest 6* mat.
A sound plan. Ill probably do the same.

Im also leveling up a random Luka i pulled, ever since I maxed my Noctis!

Also leveling the Cupid units. They seem like a fun combo to use with the awesome synergy between their skills.

across

I still think they'll add bonus for the old units next week like they did with 13.

Don't hold your breath on this one.

They didn't "add bonuses for the old units" for FF13. The event ran for two weeks and the JP FF13 banner came to us in two parts. Lightning wasn't on the first week of the banner because that would diminish incentive for you (the player, not you specifically) to pull on the first phase of the banner. Then when the second phase of the banner rolled around, Lightning gave a bonus... because she was on the banner.

Of the JP events that give currency bonuses from pre-existing units, we have FF6, FF12, and FFT, I believe. The units who give currency bonuses are the units that gained 6* (or 5*, in Penelo's case) forms, outside of Alma - an outlier because there needs to be a 3* base unit for the unlucky/poor and the FFT banners are very top-heavy (the only other option would have been Mustadio).

Trey, Jack, Seven & Ace aren't getting anything new on this banner. Adding them onto this banner disincentivizes people from pulling on the first week of the Type-0 #3 banner because then Gumi has trained people to just rely on the units they already have.

I'm neither an employee nor a soothsayer but I'd be gobsmacked if they made such a boneheaded (from their perspective) decision. As I said - don't hold your breath.

At 190ish average WPhantoma per ELT run, 200% bonus is all you need to meet the best possible Cactuar Dunes run... for less energy. I imagine you know this but just putting it out there for anyone else who may not be looking at the math too closely.

Pejo

Code:
Do	JP	        GL
Steal	500 Phantoma	350 Phantoma
Survive	1500 Phantoma	0 Phantoma
Kill	5000 Phantoma	2500 Phantoma

This is some shit.

Lol, good ol' Gimu.

At least we got the golden bombs that are easy to kill and give bonus phantoma. Maybe that evens it out a bit based on their appearance rate (I ran into 3 on 11 runs).

Rain: "Not bad! They defeated that magitek armor with a team of only 14!"

... I love his snarky meta-commentary so much. These events make me actually want to play FF: Type 0. The event rewards are so underwhelming, though, because I'd use none of the units.

Lyrian

Code:
Do	JP	        GL

This is some shit.

Was going to post this, but had to leave for campus.

So, adding to it:

-- There is a second invade, a Golden Bomb, that can appear on Floor 2, worth 200 phantoma.

-- Nimbus got seriously nerfed in drops and buffed at the same time. He's level 142 now on top of 10 million HP. Seriously not worth it for 2500 phantoma, as it requires a literally perfect maxed and whaled out chaining team and a bit of luck to win.

-- As noted in the table, Nimbus is worth **NOTHING** outside of the single steal for 350 phantoma. Normal single steal per enemy rule applies to Global Nimbus.

-- BUT, BUT, BUT.... You can steal from the boss of each floor for a whopping TWO extra phantoma per floor.

Love the new Cactaur Dunes btw.

Alkez

Don't hold your breath on this one...

Yeah that's a fair point. I mean I have queen and two eights so I'm good, but I am hoping they do add the rates for the old units so we know what to expect going forward.

Code:
Do	JP	        GL

This is some shit.

Yeah the nothing for surviving is what gets me. I had steal on the wrong unit and didn't do anything. Got to the end and was like where's my bonus? I get 1500 is a lot but at least reduce, don't erase it!

Visceir

Never quite understood why people bother to constantly compare JP to GL, only to then get unneccesarily get upset if things aren't exactly the same. It's 2 different versions that aren't directly competing or interacting with eachother.

It's not even like Gumi is royally screwing you over, it's just minor balance changes.

Never quite understood why people bother to constantly compare JP to GL, only to then get unneccesarily get upset if things aren't exactly the same. It's 2 different versions that aren't directly competing or interacting with eachother.

It's not even like Gumi is royally screwing you over, it's just minor balance changes.

With most things I would agree with you. However, having the same event essentially, and nerfing the drop amount of the exchange currency by that much is just stupid as hell. I mean going from 1500 to 0 by surviving the fight? That is bullshit. I am up to 30 clears and haven't even seen the fucker yet so it's not like you can farm the damn thing.

With most things I would agree with you. However, having the same event essentially, and nerfing the drop amount of the exchange currency by that much is just stupid as hell. I mean going from 1500 to 0 by surviving the fight? That is bullshit. I am up to 30 clears and haven't even seen the fucker yet so it's not like you can farm the damn thing.

I got him on the first ELT run. I sorta figured that he appeared there as part of the story blurbs...

Made a dent in him, but there was no way I could kill him in 3 rounds.

Syntsui

It's exactly the same event, how the hell would you expect people to not compare them?

There is nothing minor about buffing the special boss and severely reducing its rewards. Fuck this apologist bullshit, Gumi deserves all the shit in the world for this scummy practice.

Valentus

This is so slow... I only want the materia the moogles and the tickets.

Also the New dunes are amazing now.

SAVE US BAE QUEEEEEENNNNN

Kouriozan

Another disappointing event and no extra megacite drop is really awful.
Well it's Gumi trying to get money so I'm not surprised, will probably just aim for the tickets.

Visceir

As you stated -- the encounter rate of nimbus is so low that it'll hardly have any impact on you.

The event is still giving you plenty of phantoma and is balanced so that you'll be able to get mostly everything with ease if you have some bonus units and bother to do the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom