• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Trying to get back into this game (and collect all the NieR characters...used all my tickets and snagged Eve and 210 so far), but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Long story short, what's the best way to level up characters and upgrade their equipment?

Also if I were two get a duplicate of one character, and one is a 3 star and the other is 4 (as an example), an I supposed to feed the 3 star into the 4 star, or vice versa? Or does it not matter?

Raid coins can get you Cactuar Kings in the Raid Gacha.

That will the quickest way to gain levels right now?

Equipment? Farm TMs and do events.

This event eventually grants you a 105 ATK Katana.

I trounced the NieR INT raid but got creamed at ADV.

Should raising my levels take priority or equipment?

Ask for friend units that have Perfect Dodge characters

They can solo all levels of the raid

Try to build a DPS rush down team

Bring a breaker, Buffer and 3 DPS. Use carry friend summon

Just try to do as much damage as possible

I trounced the NieR INT raid but got creamed at ADV.

Should raising my levels take priority or equipment?

Use friend units with massive stats to put a dent in ADV.

Easiest way for now. Leveling will happen on its own. Just raid it up.

Speaking of Raid and reading this thread. Should I pimp the shit out of Reberta and share her? Someone said she can go at it alone just by Jumping?

My Khaleesi hasn't been used in forever.

cLOUDo

7500 lapis
49 tickets
1 ticket(4* star)
1 ticket (10+1)
10 ticket (ex)
1 ticket (ex 4* star)

Let's do this!
4ttQZt.gif

Unless something has changed, the 10+1 ticket and EX banners should have no featured units. New units do get added into the pool, but at standard rates.

I've been away from the game for a few weeks though, so maybe it's different now.

It has been confirmed on Reddit that they are in the ex and 10+1 ticket pool for the duration of the Nier banner.

tuffymon

Damn Tuffy, I woke up and immediately logged in to burn orbs and roll, and my first run through the raid I saw your A2. You're a madman, 1.1k attack and max level only hours from when the banner dropped. Used her and she was awesome

Thanks, I didn't know who I'd get, but assumed I'd pull at least A rainbow, so I had like 135 gigans in my inventory and a few kings too, used ALL my arena points, had 85 tickets (arena), and capped 1 to 100 (attack and some other stuff), and a 2nd is 6* with some attack~

So my current plan is just to TM farm with a macro when I can, sign in for the next few days to get the 10 +1 ticket and keep up with a few dailies. If I don't get anything to work it I'm deleting this game and focusing on games more worth my aggravation and time. This is getting stupid at this point. I shouldn't have to sink 100s of dollars into this game to feel like I'm advancing.

Pejo

Gold Member
Thanks, I didn't know who I'd get, but assumed I'd pull at least A rainbow, so I had like 135 gigans in my inventory and a few kings too, used ALL my arena points, had 85 tickets (arena), and capped 1 to 100 (attack and some other stuff), and a 2nd is 6* with some attack~

I wish I had the wherewithal to save resources like that.

I put up my Aileen for the time being for this raid. She's just so...boring. I also have a really hard time chaining with a second Aileen for some reason.

I'm going to work on getting my Dark Veritas, Orlandu, and A2 leveled up, hopefully with some Cactaur assistance from the raid summon.

Without Stop, besides dual-casting black magic, is there ANY way to hit a 100% evade unit twice for 999 with one character?

Magic abilities work

Like Ashes Heaven thingy

Umm single cast multihit spells like Toxic rain

But yeah you basically need to inflict a status, Death or magic

Use Setzers Slot with second knife. AoE Death does wonders

ALSO

Odin Esper summon is instant death attack as well. Dont forget that as an option if battle drags long

Also VANILLE DEATH BUILD

- Max her LB
- Equip Grappling weapon
- Equip Spear >>> Moogle Spear
- Aigion Arm
- and other materia gear that boosts LB. Kelsus TM, Jack TM, Rikku TM, Mog Materia, etc.....

You can get an 89% AoE death LB fast with the right setup

By Bye Max evade units

Magic abilities work

Like Ashes Heaven thingy

Umm single cast multihit spells like Toxic rain

But yeah you basically need to inflict a status, Death or magic

Use Setzers Slot with second knife. AoE Death does wonders

ALSO

Odin Esper summon is instant death attack as well. Dont forget that as an option if battle drags long

I use Ace's multi-hit beam and tank until I can summon Odin. Odin is the best way to deal with 100% units.

Alkez

I also have a really hard time chaining with a second Aileen for some reason.

Magnification gestures solve all things. Though since the update I've been having problems with chaining even when I use that. There's seems to be some weird input delay with this game atm.

Edit: yeah this is kind of annoying. I dunno what happened but I cant chain at all with her atm :( guess I'll use Fryevia until they fix this.

tuffymon

I wish I had the wherewithal to save resources like that.

I put up my Aileen for the time being for this raid. She's just so...boring. I also have a really hard time chaining with a second Aileen for some reason.

I'm going to work on getting my Dark Veritas, Orlandu, and A2 leveled up, hopefully with some Cactaur assistance from the raid summon.

I'll be pulling in 10k increments, did my first and got 2 gigan and a king, so we'll be ok within a day or two ;P... only trust moogle I pull and it's for who? oh ya B2 /eyeroll

EDarkness

Damn, what a day and it ended up being bittersweet.

I did my major pulls for this banner and I had over 85 tickets including EX tickets and 4* tickets. I also had a 10+1 that I had been saving up for a moment just like this.

In the end I walked away with one of all the Nier units EXCEPT 2B. Oh my god, I'm so disappointed about that. I even got A2, which is cool, but damn, man I really wanted 2B. The real sucky part is that I got two rainbows in all of those pulls. One of them was A2, which was nice. The other was fuggin' Rem! Rem? Ugh. For some reason, the RNG gave me almost every Type 0 character except Cise. I even ended up with 5 Nines. 5! I didn't even have one until today. Got a shit-ton of 210s, though. At least I got 9S, I guess.

Gonna have to do some spot pulls in the next two weeks to see if the RNG gods will let me have 2B. In the meantime, I'm gonna build up A2 and probably share her for the raid. Man, such a bummer this was, but I can't complain because I got everyone else.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sharing my 787 ATK Fohlen for people struggling with the raid. Use Sonic Blast and/or pair him up with your own Fohlen for a pretty great raid strat. Enjoy!

Damn, what a day and it ended up being bittersweet.

I did my major pulls for this banner and I had over 85 tickets including EX tickets and 4* tickets. I also had a 10+1 that I had been saving up for a moment just like this.

In the end I walked away with one of all the Nier units EXCEPT 2B. Oh my god, I'm so disappointed about that. I even got A2, which is cool, but damn, man I really wanted 2B. The real sucky part is that I got two rainbows in all of those pulls. One of them was A2, which was nice. The other was fuggin' Rem! Rem? Ugh. For some reason, the RNG gave me almost every Type 0 character except Cise. I even ended up with 5 Nines. 5! I didn't even have one until today. Got a shit-ton of 210s, though. At least I got 9S, I guess.

Gonna have to do some spot pulls in the next two weeks to see if the RNG gods will let me have 2B. In the meantime, I'm gonna build up A2 and probably share her for the raid. Man, such a bummer this was, but I can't complain because I got everyone else.

First Rem?

I use her all the time. She is awesome and hits hard as hell.

Marlboro trial also gives a reward that's HP20%, MAG30%. Perfect for Rem.

Muku

Well dailies were meh at best.

JP - Mustadio
Main GL - can't even remember .. just some blue crystal
Alt GL - Amelia

(JP) Daily - Duane 1 Ticket - Galuf 2nd Ticket - Rainbow - Aileen! 12 straight non banner rainbows...holy balls. Oh well, I now have Tidus, Aillen and Orlandu as chainers so I that is nice. FF 15 dragoon and FV for finishers.

Visceir

[JP] Daily was Onion Knight, funny how I'm slightly bummed by that rainbow while people here are eagerly looking forward to his banner.

c-murph

My Tm farming has been going all whack since the update again. I found it asking me to "please log in again", in the Tactics Love banner, and the app completely closed. lol?

Is there a new error screen or something?

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, I made it all of 4 hours without trying rolling again. did 3 more 10+1's and somehow got 2 more Rainbows. Both heart-breakers. While at least they're not dupes, I ended up with Knight Delita and Seabreeze Dark Fina. Funny thing, out of the 3 multi summons that I did, I only got 1 banner unit; a single 21O.

Going to hard stop pulling for today, I'm fairly sure my luck is done for the day and I don't want to push it.

Still would really like a 2B before this banner ends, though. Maybe I'll get lucky via tickets or something.

robotuw

Between my 8 Eves and the 2 Raslers TMs that are going to be done this week I'm about to have a LOT of 30% hp materias all of a sudden. With that and my new pulls it's probably time to try Aigaon. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new strategies open up with him now that we have A2 and 2B in the game.

Pejo

Gold Member
Between my 8 Eves and the 2 Raslers TMs that are going to be done this week I'm about to have a LOT of 30% hp materias all of a sudden. With that and my new pulls it's probably time to try Aigaon. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new strategies open up with him now that we have A2 and 2B in the game.

Yea I'm excited for this too. After I get A2 maxed out, I'm going to take her in there as my damage character. She can really use that fist weapon and mastery too, so it's totally worth it for me now.

Muku

[JP] Daily was Onion Knight, funny how I'm slightly bummed by that rainbow while people here are eagerly looking forward to his banner.

Why bummed? OK is awesome. Well... he doesn't really start getting there til close to 6* cap. Worth the power through it though imho

Got my Black Cowl for Orlandu this morning. 961~ Not sure what much else I can do for him right now. Decided with SERAPH's second 5% Moogle (after first one finished off Cowl), I'd start working on God Save the Queen for Luneth. After this I may work on stuff for Yun.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pls explain

Fohlen 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Crimson Blood +128ATK+Dragon Killer
Left Hand: Gungnir +90ATK
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Crimson Slayer +52DEF+25%Fire +30%ATK With Fist Weapon
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30%ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4300 MP:6000 ATK:1500 DEF:2300 MAG:5300 SPR:3100
Total Stats: HP: 5776 MP: 313 ATK: 823 DEF: 315 MAG: 212 SPR: 183
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 60% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 20% M. Counter: 0%

Mine is this exact build but only 787 ATK, not sure why.

Kouriozan

Yeah I was looking at using all I had for him but constant feedback from Japan (= he's pretty bad) bummed me out and I'll just skip it.

Visceir

Why bummed? OK is awesome. Well... he doesn't really start getting there til close to 6* cap. Worth the power through it though imho

By now I've got a wide variety of chain units to pick from and have also kinda just moved on to being more interested in TDH stuff.

OK has always seemed like a very bland unit to me, bland sprite, bland no-nonsense skillset, bland TM reward. It's all practical and he is prob still one of the better units for story events with his LB aoe def break, but I'd much rather be using other units.

Current banner unit is CG Lid who has a massive, useful, full break and is perfect for TDH setup, was hoping I'd get that.

Top Bottom