• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Yes but it's a materia and not an accessory.

My reasoning for wanting the proper Genji Glove accessory is so that Dual Wield isn't taking a materia slot.

That's true. I guess it depends on what weapons you are using in the end and if you are using greater than 30% materia in every slot. If you have 40-50 in all 4 then it's not worth it, however if you have a quick assault/wisdom etc in one and use any 2 of the weapons that her TM boosts it is better to use that, and put a Bracer/Desch Earring or whatever in the accessory slot. It also depends on % to cap as well and if you can hit it with just non accessory equipment and materia.

RedZaraki

Banned
Posted this on reddit also.

I want to gush about Soleil for a minute.

Okay, so I think Soleil might actually be the best unit for trials in the game right now.

HOLY CRAP.

Her enhanced buffs are no joke. **+120% to stats** You know that Embolden you used to love? And Focus? Or the +60% all stats buffs that are top tier?

Yeah how about we **DOUBLE THAT**. This stuff is crazy man.

This is like what we're looking forward to with Ramza's Songs.....only MORE. Sure, no MP or HP restore, but from a pure buff standpoint it's even better.

**OH DID I MENTION SHE DEBUFFS ENEMIES TOO?**

Yeah, she does, which can free up actions for other party members.

When Soleil was first released she was just another garbage unit filling the unit pool. Not worth a glance at. But now, for the low low price of **TWO TECH PURECRYSTS** You can upgrade your ass Cannon Dance and Shooting Dance and basically make any magic oriented trial child's play.

**Oh did I mention that it actually buffs ALL 4 stats once you get rolling?**

So actually just those two dances are good for physical stuff as well.

Also, she can get MP refresh and these dances only cost 18 MP a turn so she **NEVER RUNS OUT OF MP**.

Yeah, she's pretty frigging amazing but there's still the cherry on top of the pie you may or may not have forgotten as well:

**She's also immune to most bad status effects**

In fact, you can bring her into the Malboro ELT trial and the only status that will affect her will be disease, so she doesn't even use up one of your Ribbons or status resist Materia.

Yeah. She's 10/10 and deserves a spot on your squad. Don't worry about buffs with anyone else, she's got you covered bro.

robotuw

Well, beat Hein without too much trouble. I went full defensive with Zarg, Rikku and Tilith backing up two TT. Never in any danger really but it took too long. Now I have to decide if I go back with 6 people for the Onion Gauntlets. Probably not.

That's the week then. Guess I go back to TM farming. Snow just finished so A2 is above 1100atk now, which feels great. It took 9 months for me to pull a Snow and I TM farmed him in less than a month. I still need another one of him. Queen is the next closest at 70% so I may get her done this week.

Kozmo

My reasoning for wanting the proper Genji Glove accessory is so that Dual Wield isn't taking a materia slot.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I'm always compared at the stacked units on my friends list to my own, and most of times, the Genji Glove is the difference maker.

Okay, so I think Soleil might actually be the best unit for trials in the game right now.

HOLY CRAP.

Her enhanced buffs are no joke. **+120% to stats** You know that Embolden you used to love? And Focus? Or the +60% all stats buffs that are top tier?

Yeah how about we **DOUBLE THAT**. This stuff is crazy man.

This is like what we're looking forward to with Ramza's Songs.....only MORE. Sure, no MP or HP restore, but from a pure buff standpoint it's even better.

**OH DID I MENTION SHE DEBUFFS ENEMIES TOO?**

Yeah, she does, which can free up actions for other party members.

When Soleil was first released she was just another garbage unit filling the unit pool. Not worth a glance at. But now, for the low low price of **TWO TECH PURECRYSTS** You can upgrade your ass Cannon Dance and Shooting Dance and basically make any magic oriented trial child's play.

**Oh did I mention that it actually buffs ALL 4 stats once you get rolling?**

So actually just those two dances are good for physical stuff as well.

Also, she can get MP refresh and these dances only cost 18 MP a turn so she **NEVER RUNS OUT OF MP**.

Yeah, she's pretty frigging amazing but there's still the cherry on top of the pie you may or may not have forgotten as well:

**She's also immune to most bad status effects**

In fact, you can bring her into the Malboro ELT trial and the only status that will affect her will be disease, so she doesn't even use up one of your Ribbons or status resist Materia.

Yeah. She's 10/10 and deserves a spot on your squad. Don't worry about buffs with anyone else, she's got you covered bro.
I've really taken a liking to her myself as well!

Good thing it's cactuar weekend. I might need to level up another Ashe and will definitely max victoria this time.

Planning on maxing another Ashe myself as well. Want to get back into arena.

Decided I'm going to start running Memu as much as humanly possible so I can get some TMs maxed, especially magic stuff. My mage gear is severely lacking!

across

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I'm always compared at the stacked units on my friends list to my own, and most of times, the Genji Glove is the difference maker.

This is literally the gacha equivalent of 'keeping up with the Joneses'. Realistically I don't think it's going to be the deal-breaker in a fight.

The value proposition of pulling hard for Gilgamesh at 1 year, 2 months into the game's lifespan is not really there, especially on a banner where you are likely to derive no practical benefit from the 3* and 4* units. In the near future we'll be getting 5* bases who not only have good (not top-tier, true) TMs but are useful units themselves - on banners with useful 4* units you'll likely acquire on the way.

If you're a whale or whatever, then do your thing, chicken wing: you don't have to choose between chasing Gilgamesh and chasing Ayaka or CG Sakura or [upcoming GLEX unit]. Elsewise I think this banner is (as I've mentioned) more of a way for fresher accounts to access some useful TMs with a chance at winning the Genji Lottery.

Kouriozan

Yes Soleil is amazing and finally had to enhance her for this trial (wanted my boy Ramza to be first T-T), 120% all stats is no joke. I even have her Battle Hoop.
Now can we get Ramza enhancements next month please, it's "only" 100% stats! :')

Muku

[JP] Is there anywhere I can find a map for the FF7 challenge event? I am curious about overall layout.

I did easy last night by just winging it. Was no problem. Iwant armor from Hard but not sure I can do that yet. ;_; Probably going to miss out on that. Just last few things haven't had much in way for gear. That is my hold up on JP right now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For soleil, which of her skills should I enhance? I read that I only need to enhance two but not sure. My mats are limited!

Dandte

[JP] Is there anywhere I can find a map for the FF7 challenge event? I am curious about overall layout.

I did easy last night by just winging it. Was no problem. Iwant armor from Hard but not sure I can do that yet. ;_; Probably going to miss out on that. Just last few things haven't had much in way for gear. That is my hold up on JP right now.

Maybe this helps?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ation_map_boss_libra/?st=J7C2ZD6M&sh=1f2a7ad7

Looking it..maybe not :(

RedZaraki

Banned
For soleil, which of her skills should I enhance? I read that I only need to enhance two but not sure. My mats are limited!

I like Cannon Dance + Shooting Dance. Best for Mage team vs. Magic dealing foes.

Just need one of the offense dances and one of the defense dances.

Visceir

famitsu got you covered

full_upload.jpg

Kouriozan

I used to watch Val's video when I was bored, hope he's all right.
Also waiting for some nice news from tomorrow's Tawain Fan Festa.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I
*** Fuck you for making every goddamn fight that's worth a damn in the last two months be slightly-lesser versions of the Malboro trial with mass AoE status effects being spammed every frigging turn.

I def feel like this is the part that might drain my willingness to continue the game down the line. I know why they have to design these challenges these way, but they just arent any fun....

robotuw

I used to watch Val's video when I was bored, hope he's all right.
Also waiting for some nice news from tomorrow's Tawain Fan Festa.

If they're smart they've cobbled together some nice bonuses to placate the disgruntled fans.

Let's see, if I were Gumi and really wanted to impress people I would:
Announce a date for the 3% rainbow rate or at least give an upper limit when it will happen (eg within 3 months)
Say both Ramza and WoL are getting enhancements next month
Confirm Noctis is getting a buff to his JP version for free (not enhancements) along with his TM
Announce some nice unexpected QoL upgrades coming with the next maintenance

Of course this is Gumi so if they do even one of these I will be pleasantly surprised

commish

I like Cannon Dance + Shooting Dance. Best for Mage team vs. Magic dealing foes.

Just need one of the offense dances and one of the defense dances.

I only have one mage, so I'm guessing I should pick the physical ones!

RedZaraki

Banned
I only have one mage, so I'm guessing I should pick the physical ones!

Offense:

Schwert - Physical DPS team
Cannon - Magical DPS team

Defense:

Panzer - Incoming physical damage
Shooting - Incoming magical damage

Turn one you get one of the 4 stats at 100% for team. Turn two you have 2 more stats (opposite of the first turn stat) at 120% for team. Turn 3 you have all 4 stats 120% for whole team. You can maintain that just alternating 2 dances. Such as Cannon -> Shooting -> Cannon -> Shooting. Etc. The only difference in dances is what stats do you NEED on turn one and turn two.

I like to do Offense first turn, and second turn defense so I have 120% DEF/SPR on turn 2. So only one turn where maybe I die, haha. But can fill in the hole with buffs and shields from other teammates on the first turn at least. Like Tilith buff turn one for 40% buffs at least.

Damn, just got confirmation that I "won" tickets, or whatever, to the NYC Fan Festa...though really, I don't think I will be able to attend.

I signed up thinking I'd never get them.

robotuw

Damn, just got confirmation that I "won" tickets, or whatever, to the NYC Fan Festa...though really, I don't think I will be able to attend.

Nice! I'm nowhere near NYC but maybe someone else here is close enough they could use them? It'd be great to hear a first-hand account of how it goes.

Nice! I'm nowhere near NYC but maybe someone else here is close enough they could use them? It'd be great to hear a first-hand account of how it goes.

Definitely, I think I will RSVP them and make a decision by this week. Not sure of the logistics of how it works but if it's something I can hand over to an Exvius GAF who wants to make the trip and didn't get in, I'll do it.

Gotta talk to my wife, but I'd also have to take off work and figure out travel. It's about 7-8 hours drive for me. Wish it was in Toronto!

Shouta

Her materia grants DW and 15% attack with Sword, Large Sword, or Katana each for a max of 30% attack. It's an excellent one and worth the slot unless you absolutely need a Killer or a defensive materia. =o

That's assuming you have her of course, lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Just got the e-mail too, definitely plan on going. Looks like it overlaps with the Friday of New York Comic Con.

commish

Offense:

Schwert - Physical DPS team
Cannon - Magical DPS team

Defense:

Panzer - Incoming physical damage
Shooting - Incoming magical damage

Turn one you get one of the 4 stats at 100% for team. Turn two you have 2 more stats (opposite of the first turn stat) at 120% for team. Turn 3 you have all 4 stats 120% for whole team. You can maintain that just alternating 2 dances. Such as Cannon -> Shooting -> Cannon -> Shooting. Etc. The only difference in dances is what stats do you NEED on turn one and turn two.

I like to do Offense first turn, and second turn defense so I have 120% DEF/SPR on turn 2. So only one turn where maybe I die, haha. But can fill in the hole with buffs and shields from other teammates on the first turn at least. Like Tilith buff turn one for 40% buffs at least.

Ah, ty so much, makes more sense!

Hey, I'm in NYC if you aren't going to use them :)

Just got the e-mail too, definitely plan on going. Looks like it overlaps with the Friday of New York Comic Con.

Yea the more I think about it, the more it is looking like something I could do.

Parents live about halfway between me and NYC. Thinking I drive the night before, stay over, leave early in the AM on Friday, and do the same after the event. Wouldn't have to worry about hotels or anything. But I will let folks know in the thread if I decide I won't be going and will definitely give my ticket to someone, but that's tentative. I'd really like to go!

creid

Definitely, I think I will RSVP them and make a decision by this week. Not sure of the logistics of how it works but if it's something I can hand over to an Exvius GAF who wants to make the trip and didn't get in, I'll do it.

Gotta talk to my wife, but I'd also have to take off work and figure out travel. It's about 7-8 hours drive for me. Wish it was in Toronto!
It was linked to a SE account and used your player ID, so I'm not sure it's very transferrable. I got accepted and will def be there.

Vashetti

Banned
Thanks to this thread I've taken my unlevelled 4* Soleil to 6* level 73 through Cactuar Dunes.

We'll see if she can help me beat Hein!

FUCK. I just spent 2 hours , YES TWO HOURS , manually earth shrine TM farming. I had a unit at 97.7% and just wanted a mere .3% increase so I could cap them out with two 1% trust moogles.

AFTER TWO HOURS HE'S AT 97.9% WTF!?!?!??!!!?

THIS IS INFURIATING. I almost deleted the fucking app right now over something so trivial. I'm throwing this piece of shit off my team. I don't need this stress. Going back to macro farming because this is a fucking broken and shit system in place.

Whizkid7

He actually came into Discord today, and informed us he quit. He spent 130k lapis for OK, and didn't pull a single rainbow so decided it best to walk away.

H-Holy crap...That much lapis and not even a pity rainbow?! I don't blame the guy one bit. If that doesn't convince us all to stop pulling from now on then nothing will.

robotuw

He actually came into Discord today, and informed us he quit. He spent 130k lapis for OK, and didn't pull a single rainbow so decided it best to walk away.

Damn, I was afraid it was something like that. Good to know when to get out but we'll feel the loss of him around here. Another vet steps down. Damnit Gumi, hurry and pick up the pace!

Kouriozan

Ah damn, that's a lot of money, totally understandable (and yes I joined Discord earlier trying to find him)
Greedy Gumi claim another victim, hope he can find happiness elsewhere, just like Chilly we will not forget you Val :)

huh i pulled a Rikku and a Chizuru
also a couple Abels
wonder if Rikkus as busted in this game as she is in 10
also a Seven(dunno if shes good or not)
oh and a Kefka and a Desh
still no fucking tank -_-

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ugh that's just awful. He was so into it I didn't expect that sort of thing to bring him down. His insight will be missed!

Why? That's exactly what is hurting this game. The abysmal rates. That would put us with 4 long term players who quit, 2 I knew who spent money on the title. And I do believe a few others may have too, judging by my FL or may have posted and I missed.

Our current state is the 1% Rainbow alongside half the on banner yellow rate as JP. It's shit, so why reward the company anymore who clearly doesn't have an interest in improving rates. I highly doubt it was Squeenix that said you need to add another GL exclusive 4* unit into the Nier banner.

Why? That's exactly what is hurting this game. The abysmal rates. That would put us with 4 long term players who quit, 2 I knew who spent money on the title. And I do believe a few others may have too, judging by my FL or may have posted and I missed.
Well of course they're shit, guess I just meant he had his channel and all that so he was the last person I expected to go. But we're all affected by it differently so more power to him. Since Nier he didn't seem to post as much, and if he did, I don't recall him mentioning all the shitty luck he was experiencing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Think about the value that someone like Val brings to the game, the community, the ecosystem of this stupid gacha. Think about how bad it has to be to get him to quit.

130K lapis. That's 60 10+1 pulls, or 660 pulls. Holy shit, gumi.

Love ya Val. You're already quitting better than I did.

Lyrian

Ah damn, that's a lot of money, totally understandable (and yes I joined Discord earlier trying to find him)
Greedy Gumi claim another victim, hope he can find happiness elsewhere, just like Chilly we will not forget you Val :)

Wow. That's disgusting. Can't blame him, honestly.

Sooner or later, no matter how much one spends, the house will win.

We've lost another, just like Chilly and the others to the void.

/salute Val

We will not forget you.

Think about the value that someone like Val brings to the game, the community, the ecosystem of this stupid gacha. Think about how bad it has to be to get him to quit.

130K lapis. That's 60 10+1 pulls, or 660 pulls. Holy shit, gumi.

Love ya Val. You're already quitting better than I did.

Actually, it's 26 (130/5=260) for 286 pulls, but your point still stands.

Definitely sorry to see Val go, as he offered tremendous insight to many players of the game and to me personally many times over. Plus, he was just a good dude.

I have not spent much money on this game at all, especially given how long I've played it, but Val leaving and the reason for it has officially put the kibosh on me ever spending another dime on this game. 100% F2P from now on.

RedZaraki

Banned
Which of these teams would have the easiest time beating all missions for Malboro ELT Trial? (Assume ribbons/status resist on everybody)

Wilhelm
Tilith
Veritas of the Flame (Fixed Dice)
Soleil (Enhanced)
Ace (Enhanced)
Friend Ace (Enhanced)

OR

Wilhelm
Tilith
Firion (9S TMR and Fire weapon)
Firion (9S TMR and Fire weapon)
Ace (Enhanced)