• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

NomarTyme

You 'll be missed in the FFBE community Val. Enjoyed your enthusiasm for this game and your videos. Maybe I"ll see you in another gatcha game.

Kouriozan

Just realized something... Are exploration events dead? Last one was Aileen Wilhelm iirc, like 3 months ago, story events completely replaced them.

Kouriozan

We had FFX after that, and that was after the story events started, but I can't think of one since then.
Ah yes, forgot about that.
It seems like JP MK events have an exploration stage nowadays but I don't know since when.

Edit :
We get some more later. FF7 and 15 both have exploration events that coincide with a MK event. FF 9 has an exploration as well. Probably some more that I am not remembering.
I see, thanks.

Just realized something... Are exploration events dead? Last one was Aileen Wilhelm iirc, like 3 months ago, story events completely replaced them.

We get some more later. FF7 and 15 both have exploration events that coincide with a MK event. FF 9 has an exploration as well. Probably some more that I am not remembering.

Shouta

Exploration only events are probably gone. They'll be mixed in with a few others but they'll usually be smaller for the most part. It's likely because of the more rigid schedule they're following now and the smaller development window for content. Explorations require much more time especially when they want to faithfully replicate them.

robotuw

Wait, so this doesn't integrate with the actual game/our accounts?

What's the point?

I thought this was a fan game? I could have sworn I saw a reddit post by the author but now I can't find it. Maybe it was deleted for promotion or something. Looks like it rips off the assets too so it may not be around for long.

robotuw

You mean this post. I had the same thoughts as you. Sounds like the poster edited his post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...asy_brave_exvius_tap/?st=J7CG70SC&sh=fcb0cd13

Ok strange, he made it sound like he made it earlier but now it's all passive.

There's branding all over it so I guess it's legit? If not it'll get taken down real fast. If it's real I really don't see the point. Even if playing it gave in-game rewards they'll probably suck and I'd have to go on Facebook so no thank you.

boy im glad i never spent a penny on this game, 130k lapis for nothing? That's just plain robbery. I barely do dailies nowadays after Nier but I saw 2 new bosses showed up.

lol what's with the focus on magic and status effects all of the sudden, I wanted to use enhanced Agrias(even then I don't want to take my gear off Firion) but nope. Also I want to say Delita is the most underrated 5 star.

Syntsui

boy im glad i never spent a penny on this game, 130k lapis for nothing? That's just plain robbery. I barely do dailies nowadays after Nier but I saw 2 new bosses showed up.

lol what's with the focus on magic and status effects all of the sudden, I wanted to use enhanced Agrias(even then I don't want to take my gear off Firion) but nope. Also I want to say Delita is the most underrated 5 star.
We had 14 months of physical dominance, it's time for the mages to shine.

Celegus

What a bummer, Val will definitely be very missed. That just sucks, but again, can't blame him. Just another tick mark for me never spending money on the game.

Syntsui

There's a difference between "on an equal playing field, they outshine the competition" and "make it impossible to use any other method"
Well that's exactly what will happen on the next trial, farm your Shanttotos and Zyruses, Blood Moon is coming for your asses.

Muku

We had 14 months of physical dominance, it's time for the mages to shine.

No thank you. I haven't been given a damn mage worth a flip. Terra (regular) and Exdeath are my best. On my main. My alt only has TT. :(

Husband and I kind of worried about Val during Nier. So quiet on that front from him. And now... I am sad but not surprised. I'm sorry Val. You were the hero this community needed. You will be missed. I think on your channel I'd say why I left. Just so folks can see you can spend a lot and still not get crap. ;_; Help keep others in check.

Thanks Gumi. You took away Chilly. You took away Val. How much more blood do you need ffs?

Visceir

+30% mag materia from Echidna
+50% mag rod mastery from Ultros
+30% mag/20% hp from Malboro
Last slot could be used for DW.

Siren's robe from Dark Espers, cat hood in exchange for SQ, +20% mag materia from Ariana event or just shell out the 50 SQ for earrings, ruler ring would work too, I guess.

Zyrus moogles were pretty much free, guess there's still a matter of pulling that 4* unit.

All that on Ashe with wizard rod+enhancer gets her to 800 mag. Getting a mage geared seems easy enough and a pair of Ashes could probably cover most of your mage needs.

I'm assuming we can do it with someone's friend unit, for example loads of people are sharing Trance Terra.

Just last a few turns.

I'm finding that Rem's Dagger Boomerang does wonders after a round of two of using it to power up.

He actually came into Discord today, and informed us he quit. He spent 130k lapis for OK, and didn't pull a single rainbow so decided it best to walk away.

Holy shit what

Man, I feel for him. That's beyond shit.

Broseybrose

He actually came into Discord today, and informed us he quit. He spent 130k lapis for OK, and didn't pull a single rainbow so decided it best to walk away.

Oh, that hurts.

I hope you dont give up for good Val, this community needs you!

Take some time, clear your head, and come back to us!

Xevren

Really sad to hear about Val, and I really don't blame him in the least. Spending that much and not a single rainbow is utter insanity. Just wanted to say thank you for helping out as much as you did. Your vids were really nice as well.

Doctor_No

This game is absolutely cruel at times. Personally the worst I experienced was 265k lapis until a single rainbow. Which was my Lunera banner pull. It took me me over 700 pulls to get my first Lunera.

Then at times my luck is great. I've gotten two OKs in this banner; one of which was from a random daily, my GF's account too also got two OKs, one being from a daily pull on first day. Overall though, I do think it averages out to 1%.

Perhaps there should be a hidden algorithm to just give out the rainbow for when luck gets insanely bad, and the streak is horrible. In the long term, its better for business to just give out that rainbow then lose a whale.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This game is absolutely cruel at times. Personally the worst I experienced was 265k lapis until a single rainbow. Which was my Lunera banner pull. It took me me over 700 pulls to get my first Lunera.

Then at times my luck is great. I've gotten two OKs in this banner; one of which was from a random daily, my GF's account too also got two OKs, one being from a daily pull on first day. Overall though, I do think it averages out to 1%.

Perhaps there should be a hidden algorithm to just give out the rainbow for when luck gets insanely bad, and the streak is horrible. In the long term, its better for business to just give out that rainbow then lose a whale.

I'm going to note the opposite.

This is purely speculation, but it seems like newer accounts get more rainbows. I do think they have an algorithm that does account for spending habits.

Kouriozan

News from Tawain Fan Festa, getting updated until it's done https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Fan_Festa_2017

Current ones :

Everyone is getting seven EX Summon Ticket, one 4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket, one 10+1 Summon Ticket, and a bunch of crysts.
Metal gigantuar raid from the last fan festa is back, and they have internet this time.
Daily free summon for 10 days.
Next event is FFXI raid, and the event after that is FFXV Kingsglaive King Mog event.
Ayaka soon™.
FF Mystic Quest collab asked. Denied.
Secret of Mana collab asked. Probably in February with the release of the remake.
Next Chamber of Arms trial, Sheratan, announced. It's a new 10-man battle system.
The winner of the fan-designed unit is Myra, a singer/healer. Malphasie came in second, and should be shortlisted for the next fan festa.

Syntsui

When the Kingslave event comes and you pull some Cors (lol at you pulling on banner 4*) don't farm his TM. You will get them easily on XV raid event a few months later.

Vashetti

Banned
News from Tawain Fan Festa, getting updated until it's done https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Fan_Festa_2017

Current ones :

Everyone is getting seven EX Summon Ticket, one 4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket, one 10+1 Summon Ticket, and a bunch of crysts.
Metal gigantuar raid from the last fan festa is back, and they have internet this time.
Next event is FFXI raid, and the event after that is FFXV Kingsglaive King Mog event.
Ayaka soon™.
Secret of Mana collab asked. Probably in February with the release of the remake.
Next Chamber of Arms trial, Sheratan, announced. It's a new 10-man battle system.
The winner of the fan-designed unit is Malphasie.

WHEN

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Current ones :

Ayaka soon™.
The winner of the fan-designed unit is Myra, a singer/healer. Malphasie came in second, and should be shortlisted for the next fan festa.

Wait..is this 10+1 ticket in addition to the one we are getting from logins this months ?
If so...wow thats quite awesome.

Doctor_No

I'm going to note the opposite.

This is purely speculation, but it seems like newer accounts get more rainbows. I do think they have an algorithm that does account for spending habits.

I've actually been hard pulling on two accounts, so I have some anecdotal observations on this. My GF's account is pretty new, she's only started playing in earnest on Nier banner.

But I've already pulled at least a thousand units on it, and her rainbow rates are very high compared to mine (though not as high as Hippos). But then we had the Veritas of Light banner, which was just as brutal, or worse, then what I would usually have on my rank 150 account. It took 5 off-banner rainbows to get Vertias of Light, its up there in my most expensive hard pulls. But then the OK banner was cost effective for both of us.

Current ones :

Ayaka soon™.

I already got to see and use that event exclusive Lasswell on my friends list.

He looks really cool, and his moves are cool, but boy is he useless. Still want him.

I wish they would have announced Noctis buff with FF15 event, I would also be very happy for a buff to JP levels to his Ring of Lucii. And another Mog King event so soon is kinda lame.

Xion86

No way!!! :'(
That's horrible and I'm so sad to hear Val quit, I didn't see that coming, his contribution huge for our community and other players of the game too who viewed his videos. This really sucks. I think I'd probably feel like that when I blow everything I have saved up in-game on Cloud and don't get him at all during that banner. I can't see myself quitting though, but I'd still login to complete events, just not buy lapis.

Anyway. I'm going to try beat Hein today, I just went in with Warrior of Light, Dark Fina, Ashe, Tilith and a friend Trance Terra and got owned, got only 50% of his health down and then MP was an issue. Never used She before but decided to try her out, I was also expecting my Dark Fina to deal more damage than she did. I'm not sure if I should bring Rikku in.

Musings

Sucks to hear that Val has quit, he's such a great and helpful dude that has always been here to help anyone in the community. Shout out to him, he's a legend and it's such a shame to see him quitting.

Xion86

6qEV3BLl.png

Okay Rikku saved the day, that's the 5 unit done (made a few mistakes and wanted some rounds though), now I can relax a little more with the 15 round win and bring another unit to help.

Beat Hein, but he was a bit of a challenge.

Team was 2x Ashe, WoL, Tilith and Rem w/ Friend Terra packing Alterna.

Basically made sure units were safe from a stone and confuse, then hit him with Alterna, Heaven's Fury and Magic Boomerang while Tilith mainly healed and revived and WoL provided backup reviving and SPR reduction for Hein.

I barely came out of it alive. Rem landed the killing blow on Turn 15 while having just 200+ HP remaining and rest of the team was dead.

Used items, but not sure if I'm going to do it again for 10k MK currency and the 15% water res materia.

Sad to hear about Valentus, but this game literally fucks everyone. 130k Lapis must be somewhere around $700 USD.

That much and not even a single rainbow? Yeah, fuck Gumi and these rates. There are going to be many more Vals unless a change occurs.

I wouldn't even be able to stomach $100 spent with nothing to show for it. It's disgusting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thats why they need to implement those QoL updates faster for the Global release....this Val situation wouldnt have happened if we had the guaranteed banner 5* after like 5 Multis or so.

Thats just a combination of the worst....Val was dedicated as fuck and there was a bunch of pressure on him to pull the latest 5* so he can review them and provide tips and strategies involving them...so yeah he paid quite a bit for the community.

c-murph

Posted this on reddit also.

I want to gush about Soleil for a minute.

Okay, so I think Soleil might actually be the best unit for trials in the game right now.

HOLY CRAP.

Her enhanced buffs are no joke. **+120% to stats** You know that Embolden you used to love? And Focus? Or the +60% all stats buffs that are top tier?

Yeah how about we **DOUBLE THAT**. This stuff is crazy man.

This is like what we're looking forward to with Ramza's Songs.....only MORE. Sure, no MP or HP restore, but from a pure buff standpoint it's even better.

**OH DID I MENTION SHE DEBUFFS ENEMIES TOO?**

Yeah, she does, which can free up actions for other party members.

When Soleil was first released she was just another garbage unit filling the unit pool. Not worth a glance at. But now, for the low low price of **TWO TECH PURECRYSTS** You can upgrade your ass Cannon Dance and Shooting Dance and basically make any magic oriented trial child's play.

**Oh did I mention that it actually buffs ALL 4 stats once you get rolling?**

So actually just those two dances are good for physical stuff as well.

Also, she can get MP refresh and these dances only cost 18 MP a turn so she **NEVER RUNS OUT OF MP**.

Yeah, she's pretty frigging amazing but there's still the cherry on top of the pie you may or may not have forgotten as well:

**She's also immune to most bad status effects**

In fact, you can bring her into the Malboro ELT trial and the only status that will affect her will be disease, so she doesn't even use up one of your Ribbons or status resist Materia.

Yeah. She's 10/10 and deserves a spot on your squad. Don't worry about buffs with anyone else, she's got you covered bro.

Oh shit. Guess who just enhanced Soleil?! GUMI knew we didn't need Ramza all along. Thanks GUMI!

Been away a few days from the thread with Destiny 2's releasse and I see one of the staples of our community has left us. Valentus, thank you. Thank you for all that you have done for us. You will be missed my dear friend.

NomarTyme

Looking forward to the 10 man trial. Now I think I might upgrade Charlotte for her MP battery because I have absolutely nobody for that. Also looking forward to the Raid! got to get some more gils after all these goddamn enchantments.

[JP FFBE] Been trying many times in the FF7 explorations and I almost beat the bug(Even with 1K Sephiroth companions) but fall about 20 % short! I really want that clothes for Sephiroth.

Opened up a couple of spots if anyone here doesn't have me. 716.468.148

Also if anyone has a PS4 and is playing Destiny, or really anything feel free to add me. Name is same as GAF.

Rokuren

Shame to hear about Valentus, he was an awesome part of the community; can't blame him at all after hearing what happened.

On the the plus side, I managed to clear the Hein challenge. Between enhanced Marie and Warrior of Light I wasn't in much danger. Ace + Friend Ace (both enhanced) chained for some solid magic damage to get the win in 9 turns.

Fan Festa stuff sounds nice. Always appreciate free summons and I hope the free crysts includes a bunch of alcryst; my current bottleneck for power.

Top Bottom