• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Dandte

Shame to hear about Valentus, he was an awesome part of the community; can't blame him at all after hearing what happened.

On the the plus side, I managed to clear the Hein challenge. Between enhanced Marie and Warrior of Light I wasn't in much danger. Ace + Friend Ace (both enhanced) chained for some solid magic damage to get the win in 9 turns.

Fan Festa stuff sounds nice. Always appreciate free summons and I hope the free crysts includes a bunch of alcryst; my current bottleneck for power.

1. 3★ EX Rare Summon Ticket ×7
2. Free Rare Summon for 10 days
3. 100,000 Gils
4. Metal Gigantuar × 30
5. Star Quartz × 10
6. 4★+ Guaranteed EX ticket × 1
7. 10 + 1 Rare Summon Tiket × 1

Rokuren

1. 3★ EX Rare Summon Ticket ×7
2. Free Rare Summon for 10 days
3. 100,000 Gils
4. Metal Gigantuar × 30
5. Star Quartz × 10
6. 4★+ Guaranteed EX ticket × 1
7. 10 + 1 Rare Summon Tiket × 1

Aww, so no crysts; still solid.

So FF11, then Kingsglaive. Was that the original Noctis banner in JP? ie, when we're expecting the Noctis buff?

Celegus

Hein was easy just using Trance Terra + friend copy Chaos Wave. Having a harder time on my wife's account though. She has both versions of Dark Fina but their Ultimas did a pitiful amount of damage (~800 mag each) and eventually ran out of MP. She also has Emperor so I tried that, but it took 33 turns because he never wanted to turn on his fire debuff. Tried to enhance Dark Fina's Ultima to chain with a friend, but ran out of gil...

Lyrian

Hein was easy just using Trance Terra + friend copy Chaos Wave. Having a harder time on my wife's account though. She has both versions of Dark Fina but their Ultimas did a pitiful amount of damage (~800 mag each) and eventually ran out of MP. She also has Emperor so I tried that, but it took 33 turns because he never wanted to turn on his fire debuff. Tried to enhance Dark Fina's Ultima to chain with a friend, but ran out of gil...

Yeah, as I found out yesterday, if you can't cheese Trial Heim, you're going to have a really hard time with him in a legit fight. The hard block on Meteor/Ultima really sucks, unlike ELT.

Have an enhanced Soleil, as other here have mentioned, as a way to make the fight managable?

RedZaraki

Banned
Yeah, as I found out yesterday, if you can't cheese Trial Heim, you're going to have a really hard time with him in a legit fight. The hard block on Meteor/Ultima really sucks, unlike ELT.

Have an enhanced Soleil, as other here have mentioned, as a way to make the fight managable?

Use 2 ashes, friend mage, and 2 supports (like Marie + Soleil).

Celegus

Use 2 ashes, friend mage, and 2 supports (like Marie + Soleil).
She only has one Ashe... maybe I'll try setting up my Ashe to chain with. Just have the 15 turn mission left so can take 6 people at least. Should be doable.

She does have Soleil at 100, but nowhere near enough gil to enhance her. Hope there's a decent gil source soon.

Broseybrose

Let me know if you want me to put my enhanced Marie up.

She makes Hein simple.

Lovely Guard (resist all status and boost DEF and SPR for 3 turns)

Love you All (resist all all elements and recover mad HP for 5 turns)

Right now I have Vicky with RoL up.

I can also put up an enhanced Soleil.

Kouriozan

A relic from the past.

TnxpSBFl.jpg

5* when?!

forgrim

Let me know if you want me to put my enhanced Marie up.

She makes Hein simple.

Lovely Guard (resist all status and boost DEF and SPR for 3 turns)

Love you All (resist all all elements and recover mad HP for 5 turns)

Right now I have Vicky with RoL up.

I can also put up an enhanced Soleil.

I could use your marie...and your friend code haha

Kouriozan

I don't know, but I really want to be there when you end up spending that lapis, good lord. Are you saving for anything in particular? I guess you ended up passing on Onion Knight.
Yeah, I'm waiting for that 3% but I'll use them for sure for Sage Sakura, she seems like the next step of power for mages.
Meanwhile I'm doing pretty good (I thought at first I would never be able to do Hein) so no urge to pull for now.

Edit : something that will be helpful for our first 10 man trial, O'Zack no 5* and no TM video https://youtu.be/q0zZIl8sspM
6* Garnet with Bahamut though, those will come later.

Kouriozan

By the way, I did some spell stacking test with Firaja (in preparation to CG Sakura since her imperil is on a non stack spell) and you CAN mix non stack and stack spell, as long as you use the stacking one last.
Example :
Dual Firaja doing 300k each
Firaga + Firaja = 100k + 300k
Dark + Firaja = 60k + 300k
Firaja + Firaga = 120k (stack break) + 100k
Dual Firaja = 150k + 200k (building stack again taking last turn into account)

So with Sage Sakura, you can safely use her Thunder imperil spell + Thunder stacking one and start building/refresh the imperil while keeping the damage bonus.

Rixa

Dunno why I did this, but ehh what ever. Iam at a point where burning nrg for some tms rather than letting it just rot. Tidus can benefit from that some day.

DKS
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect:
Increase ATK (30%) when equipped with a sword
Increase ATK (20%) when equipped with heavy armor

I don't have Delita / Mooblade, my only decent sword is Brotherhood.

Vashetti

Banned
Really don't understand what I'm doing wrong with Hein.

WoL - Armor Eraser
Soleil - Shooting Dance (Enhanced +1)
Tilith - Rainbow Veil
Ashe - Meditate
Friend - attacks with some magic ability

Still takes my team down to 1/3 of HP and often just KOs Ashe first turn.

I've stacked my units with SPR materias and equipment. Is that not right? Should I be stacking HP?

across

WoL - Armor Eraser
Tilith - Rainbow Veil
Ashe - Meditate

I've stacked my units with SPR materias and equipment. Is that not right? Should I be stacking HP?

Hein does a fair few physical attacks. Have WoL pop Light Is With Us instead of breaking on round one and see if it's the physical damage that's doing you in. With elemental resist and SPR buff up, his magic damage should not be killing you.

Keep in mind that Tilith's Rainbow Veil does not give you dark resist so his Bioga is gonna sting a bit more than his other spells.

Vashetti

Banned
Hein does a fair few physical attacks. Have WoL pop Light Is With Us instead of breaking on round one and see if it's the physical damage that's doing you in. With elemental resist and SPR buff up, his magic damage should not be killing you.

Keep in mind that Tilith's Rainbow Veil does not give you dark resist so his Bioga is gonna sting a bit more than his other spells.

KO'd Soleil first turn

Getting sick of this :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

WoL - Armor Eraser
Tilith - Rainbow Veil
Ashe - Meditate

Do you have Rikku ?
If you can have Hyper NulAll and keep the dancing with Soleil you should be fine.

Also what friend did you use ? I needed to use robotuw OP Trance Terra to get it done.

Vashetti

Banned
Do you have Rikku ?
If you can have Hyper NulAll and keep the dancing with Soleil you should be fine.

Also what friend did you use ? I needed to use robotuw OP Trance Terra to get it done.

I do have Rikku, she would often be one of my first turn victims so not even able to get Hyper NulAll off.

Friends I've been using are Rix's Ace and Hippo and Zera's Trance Terras.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I do have Rikku, she would often be one of my first turn victims so not even able to get Hyper NulAll off.

Friends I've been using are Rix's Ace and Hippo and Zera's Trance Terras.

Hmm...thats weird, i dont remember him hitting this hard that you cant survive the first turns...can you use 9S Spread damage or something, to make that first turn until Hyper NulAll is ready, less deadly ?

wilstreak

WoL - Armor Eraser
Tilith - Rainbow Veil
Ashe - Meditate

HP shouldn't be a problem.
I think i bring 2 Trance Terra during that fight with around 3.5K HP both and they survive

If you have problem, better bring 6 team first rather than wasting NRG for mediocre reward. 15% water resistance won't break your future team.

Damage Mitigation is a must. If you don't have Rikku, try to bring 9S

Kouriozan

While GL is waiting for Noctis buff, JP gets enhancement!

Noctis

Code:
Chosen King -- +30% HP/MP (GL is 15% btw)
+1: DEF/SPR Up
+2: ATK/MAG Up, High Tide

Warp Break -- 52MP 250% ST Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -45% ATK/DEF Debuff & Grant Close Quarters Warp Break [58 MP] For 1 Turn (GL 250% ignore 40% and 30% breaks, no Close Quarters Warp Break)
+1: Damage Up (M)
+2: ATK/DEF Debuff Up (S), Amount of Turns Close Quarters Warp Break can be used Up (S)

Link -- 48MP 100% ST Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turn +45% ATK/MAG (GL : 30%)
+1: DEF/SPR Up
+2: Self LB Gauge Refill + Enables use of Close Quarters Warp Break for 1 turn

Fish -- 14MP 1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted
+1: Duration Up (S)
+2: Allows use of Close Quarters Warp Break for 1 Turn
Reminder that Close Quarters Warp Break is "525% ST Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -45% ATK/DEF Debuff"

Onion Knight too!

Blessed Crystal -- LB Fill Rate +100%
+1: Poison/Sleep/Confuse/Virus Immunity
+2: ATK/DEF/SPR Up when equipped with Sword/Helm/Light Armor

Splendor of the Wind -- 45MP 380% ST 12 Hit Wind Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turn +70% Earth Resist
+1: Self Wind Imbue
+2: Damage Up (S) and on the next turn only, damage of Onion Slice and Onion Cutter (his TM) increased (XL)

(then same for the 3 other elements)
Source and other info : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6z7069/ffbe_jp_maint_912/
Also contain CG Nichol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

WoL - Armor Eraser
Tilith - Rainbow Veil
Ashe - Meditate

You could try blocking with everyone first turn, except for Soleil who will use Cannon Dance. Following turn Soleil uses Shooting Dance, so the team can have 120% upped defenses. You'll lose a turn towards the mission goal but you'll be able to get over that initial hump.

Vashetti

Banned
OMG I beat him.

Gave up on the Water Resistance and did it with a 6 team.

Not stressed anymore lol

Thanks Rix for your Ace, got several lucky Tri-beam hits

Kouriozan

OMG I beat him.

Gave up on the Water Resistance and did it with a 6 team.

Not stressed anymore lol

Thanks Rix for your Ace, got several lucky Tri-beam hits
Nice!
15% resist is not a big loss, at worst you can make them (all resist) with multiple Minfillia TM in the next FF XIV raid.
As you can see here : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...xiv_garuda_raid_ffxiv_enh_limited_popularity/

Upgraded FF XIV TM
Y'shtola's: +?% SPR (w/ Staff) +?% DEF (w/ Robe)
Papalymo's: +15% HP +25% MAG
Minfillia's: +15% All Resists
Y'da's: +20% ATK + % Evade (still unstackable)
Thancred's: +15% HP/ATK

Vashetti

Banned
Nice!
15% resist is not a big loss, at worst you can make them (all resist) with multiple Minfillia TM in the next FF XIV raid.
As you can see here : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...xiv_garuda_raid_ffxiv_enh_limited_popularity/

Upgraded FF XIV TM
Y'shtola's: +?% SPR (w/ Staff) +?% DEF (w/ Robe)
Papalymo's: +15% HP +25% MAG
Minfillia's: +15% All Resists
Y'da's: +20% ATK + % Evade (still unstackable)
Thancred's: +15% HP/ATK

I may try again in a few days for the Water Resist, but mainly I wanted the Moogle and the exclusive OK gear (just in case)

I need to beat Lure of Echidna and Octopus Teacher for Rod Mastery and Echidna's Kiss. They'd both go great on my Ashe.

Any easy way to cheese?

wilstreak

I may try again in a few days for the Water Resist, but mainly I wanted the Moogle and the exclusive OK gear (just in case)

I need to beat Lure of Echidna and Octopus Teacher for Rod Mastery and Echidna's Kiss. They'd both go great on my Ashe.

Any easy way to cheese?

with how fast the powercreep is in GL, the 3rd last trial or older shouldn't be a problem.

In fact i am quite sure Echidna is even easier than Hein (both have Charm). Just bring Eve or 2B Friend with 1200 ATK and you should be fine.

Vashetti

Banned
with how fast the powercreep is in GL, the 3rd last trial or older shouldn't be a problem.

In fact i am quite sure Echidna is even easier than Hein (both have Charm). Just bring Eve or 2B Friend with 1200 ATK and you should be fine.

My own physical units are decent too. Tidus is over 900 ATK and Noct is close to 800, so should be easier I think.

Doctor_No

A relic from the past.

TnxpSBFl.jpg

5* when?!

Would be really cool if they actually went full out and gave her a a 6*. She doesn't need to be strong or anything, but maybe some unique skillset like Xon's increase drop rates, or Desche's reduced encounter, or maybe bonus chance for expedition or something. It would be a nice gesture to those of us that have been with this game for so long.

c-murph

C-Murph! I pulled the same today! Daily OK!

But now I guess we both have to figure out how to beat hein the mage

Wow...congrats to both of you...those are def OK pulls lol.

You guys almost convinced me to pull. Almost.

Congrats!

Congrats guys!!!!!!!! Such a good unit!!!

Crap, congrats to you! That's a great pull.

Yay! Thanks everyone! Hopefully next rainbow will be Ayaka. Then I'll be set for life. :)

...or until HD Fina... Maybe Sephiroth.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Guys, there might be something wrong with the game. I haven't done a daily in months; did one now because all those Onion Knight's didn't feel like a coincidence...

rR6fNwu.png

Top Bottom