• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

eggydoo

For the Hein Trial...what am I doing wrong?
There are times that it seems he's casting 4-5 spells and just causing my support team to wipe even though I have the elemental buffs with Rikku. Not enough buffing/debuffing probably?

Better to do barfira, barblizzaga etc.?

Xevren

Think I'm about ready to try Aigaion, might have to pester someone for a 2b or A2 in a few days. Just about done with this round of tmr's and want to give it a shot.

Visceir

There are times that it seems he's casting 4-5 spells and just causing my support team to wipe even though I have the elemental buffs with Rikku. Not enough buffing/debuffing probably?

SPR stat is a thing and can be an effective way to reduce magic dmg. Likewise there is a lot of elemental resist gear out there that you could use. Be mindful of HP thresholds and maybe consider defending on those turns with key support units.

Simple option might be to just use friend Marie and build your team around that.

Also be mindful to keep your provoke up as the physical hits can hurt quite bad too on squishy targets.

Muku

While bored due to being stuck inside today because of Irma... I spent 5k lapis and a load of tickets. Sadly didn't feel guilty. Probably because I don't expect anything soon worth it. Anyway, ended up with my first 5* dupe. I spent to try to get a caster. Specifically one worth a crap. Since they keep making us rely on some caster. Which I don't have. But I got a second Gilgamesh. Can't complain. Will end up with a second Glove. Not sure for whom right now. Got enough Abel for a Bowie Knife plus a few points in next. Gave that to Yun since he was using Second Knife still.

Celegus

Overprepared a bit probably for the boss, but finished up the last story area finally. Got some seriously awesome music and then.... to be continued!

Camille and Earth Vertias TMs finished up, so 2 Tidus and Luneth can all have water swords now! Having enough equipment for a 1100 atk finisher and 2 900 chainers in the same party is pretty awesome!

Inspector Q

One other thing, make sure you don't have certain Espers equipped to your units that make you weak to the elements that he is using. If that isn't the problem, then maybe just getting higher spirit buffs could help.

Soleil's enhancements are insane for buffing and the fact they use tech crysts and you only need to enhance two of them makes them quite affordable. If you have her, she can make the fight a lot more survivable with the 120% SPR buff.

across

I'm confused. Why is nobody talking about Charlotte?

You're selling EV a bit short here - 3-turn break immunity and the massive DR on his Limit Burst are also selling points, as well as his substantial crisis buff if you aren't utilizing Soleil. If you are utilizing Soleil then Embolden isn't really relevant as a feature.

Lots of us have Rikku's Pouch by now, which lessens the uniqueness of Cleansing Light - which is Esunaga and doesn't clear Petrify, unlike Panacea. Patriot is also worse stat-wise than Genji Shield, so you're sacrificing something to get not much.

You're left with MP regen, death protection and a bigger party cover. You have to pay gil and crysts for all of these things to be meaningful. And then right now there's no content around where Charlotte is meaningfully better than either of her competitors. So that's why no one is talking about her.

She's crazy good for a 3* base though.

NomarTyme

JP FFBE!
Took me over 10 mothereffing times to beat the stupid hard spider in FF7 event! All praise Queen Lila! Got the nice clothes for Sephiroth!

Goddamn! I still got expeditions and energy to use in Japan! :( stupid maintenance.

Rixa

Charlotte is a big deal. She doesnt measure up to the tank trinity of Wilhelm, EV, and WoL, but she's better than Cecil now. She lacks breaks, and her equips are very limited.
I have her maxed and ready to mitigate some magic damage! I havent done her enhancements yet, but I will. Im severely lacking in Support Crysts :(

Nobody's talking about anything because we're all in mourning over Valentus leaving. I know there's no hope for Chilly returning at this point, but Im holding hope that Val returns once the he's had some time away.

Never really used cover until 100% dodge WoL (recently) became a thing on JP -- always just felt like there was a big chance to just get wrecked by the dmg otherwise.

Main reason why I was hyped for WoL was because he could do breaks and tank, main reason why I was interested in EarthV was because of his AoE debuff resistance and high counter rate and multi-turn provoke.

I'd generally favor innate draw attack tanks, but GL still lacks the accessories/armor/shield to bump that 50% attract up to 70%+

For dodge setup I might still favor WoL due to the larger equipment pool.

What do you use on Ashe? that damage/healing skill?

Heavens fury. With 3 or 2 ashe and ga spells you can wipe out any team.

Making annoying arena units is the real meta and a great joy in my life. Not sorry for my Noctis x2, Ashe x2, and Rem team. Also could be worse, could throw my D Fina in there.

Yup.

Right now I have 3 Ashe using Heaven's Fury and Tidus using Energy Rain. They chain together into the high 30's/low 40's every time and I oftentimes see over 1k damage to the enemies per hit. I would venture to say that I do ~6k-7k damager per unit using that skillset in arena, and I don't even have my Ashes equipped with anything.

You're selling EV a bit short here - 3-turn break immunity and the massive DR on his Limit Burst are also selling points, as well as his substantial crisis buff if you aren't utilizing Soleil. If you are utilizing Soleil then Embolden isn't really relevant as a feature.

Loaning bunch of posts.

Aside from making Arena more annoying, is there any point of doing 100% Evade Wilhelm, which I could do:

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%P.Evasion
Left Hand: Demon Shield +43DEF+50%Dark+5%P.Evasion
Head: Grand Helm +45DEF+100%Sleep/Silence/Confuse+20%DEF with Heavy Armor
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Mechanical Heart +15%HP/SPR+30%Counter w/Mechanical Heart
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 34 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Golem HP:6400 MP:4330 ATK:3335 DEF:4860 MAG:1630 SPR:1630
Total Stats: HP: 6116 MP: 261 ATK: 381 DEF: 458 MAG: 161 SPR: 259
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 100% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 84.25% M. Counter: 30%

I really need 2nd Ashe :p

Shouta

Messing with S2 Nicol right now and while I need the datamine to confirm, he could be the new go to buffer possibly, especially if you have a character that can protect against status down. Now I just need to pull him, lol.

Vashetti

Banned
Don't know if the rest are coming today, but the free summons is live. Look under the standard summons tab.

Got my 11th WoL, but hey... free is free.

Oh shit, did that go live today or did I miss it yesterday?

Edit: OMG

that free summon went Gold to Rainbow!

LjZJtgJ.png

3rK54im.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh shit, did that go live today or did I miss it yesterday?

Edit: OMG

that free summon went Gold to Rainbow!

Damn nice...thats the reward for clearing that Hein Trail after all...deserved !!!

My pull was a 3* blue unit which name i already forgot...lol.

fionel

Messing with S2 Nicol right now and while I need the datamine to confirm, he could be the new go to buffer possibly, especially if you have a character that can protect against status down. Now I just need to pull him, lol.

I tried Silt's skill that protects from status down but Nichol's 65% debuffs still applied. That being said this kid still seems pretty broken with his ST 130% buff skill and a potential 134% buff with his LB.

God I just cleared all the free contents I have left to have barely enough lapis for a 10+1 pull. I dunno if I should spend it on the 3rd step gacha or Nichol's banner :(

Shouta

I tried Silt's skill that protects from status down but Nichol's 65% debuffs still applied. That being said this kid still seems pretty broken with his ST 130% buff skill and a potential 134% buff with his LB.

God I just cleared all the free contents I have left to have barely enough lapis for a 10+1 pull. I dunno if I should spend it on the 3rd step gacha or Nichol's banner :(

Hmm, if status debuff protection doesn't work, then maybe the status buff clearing ones like from Eiko might? I'll try now that I have him even if it ate my ticket supply. I still have Lapis to pull but that goes fast.

Might be a good idea to save Lapis on your end for the anniversary though unless you really want Sephi or Nicol.

fionel

I gave up on chasing after Sephiroth but it seems like a huge wasted opportunity if I pass on the guaranteed rainbow on the 3rd step albeit the risk of getting a dupe.... decisions...!

Grats on the Nichol btw!

Shouta

I gave up on chasing after Sephiroth but it seems like a huge wasted opportunity if I pass on the guaranteed rainbow on the 3rd step albeit the risk of getting a dupe.... decisions...!

Grats on the Nichol btw!

Thanks! Depending on how strong he is, I might share him for awhile. It's been awhile since there's been a support/caster like this so he could be nice.

Oh, that is true. The guaranteed rainbow is a good one. You'll get 3500~ lapis from this story event so you can use that as a base for the anniversary fund. It'll happen in late October so you'll have 160x30 days or so in daily/weekly ones as well.

So I guess you can decide which one you pull on tomorrow after the datamine though the guaranteed 5-star seems nicer. However, that isn't subject to the moogle campaign is all.

fionel

The RNG on my end has been real shitty lately. Barring the disaster I've had with the step gacha I've been getting straight blues from the free pulls, so I'm really feeling iffy about spending my last ounce :/ I saved up over 5k over the last week by getting all the remaining story lapis and by not pulling the dailies. Please RNG gods have mercy on the diliegent T_T

I wonder what took the datamine so long this time though. Tomorrow you said?

Shouta

I haven't had anything good from free pulls other than the Jiraiya at the start but there's still a lot of time left on it.

Datamine is probably delayed because the reddit people that do it are asleep, I bet. lol

wait since when there is free pull?

Don't tell me i miss several days of free pulls

I think GL just got it today? JP has a month of it ongoing.

wilstreak

I haven't had anything good from free pulls other than the Jiraiya at the start but there's still a lot of time left on it.

Datamine is probably delayed because the reddit people that do it are asleep, I bet. lol

I think GL just got it today? JP has a month of it ongoing.

Oh that's good. So how long did we get the free pulls?

I dont remember seeing any updates that say about free pull.

cw_sasuke

lol...."just the gear is worse" is what i said a couple of days ago before i wanted to switch main and alt acc. But yeah this isnt happening...im stuck to my main account. I could pull the best units ever my alt but the Gear difference is just too big. Would have to spend months to farm the TM needed....if i even have the units with those TM there.

Doesnt really make sense....especially since im only one pull away from my main being much better. I was a bit bummed because i didnt have enough Crystals to get the second Ability Awakening for Agrias...but ill get it on the next Storyevent and she will be fine. My Olive is looking good to as a finisher and she might get kickass enhancements.

Long story short my acc is pretty legit even without a Top Tier base 5* chainer. Though i hope to get one and a better healer this year....*believe*

PS. Anyone here invested in Fixed Dice ? I have 3 Setzers but dont really understand how this TM works....apparently you wont be able to Dual Wield with it equipped.

Damage range 120% - 650%
But the weapons has only +1 atk....wouldnt that still be pretty shitty ? Dont get it.

Rixa

I took some screenies after my pull (Ulrica) cause I did leave game to banner screen. Was curious to test what happens if I pull again from button, then went back and as said earlier ^^ banner is gone.

Screenshot_20170912-124351.png
Screenshot_20170912-124410.png
Screenshot_20170912-124428.png

Asked in Discord and Qon said he don't have banner (and he didn't pull). Maybe there was something "wrong" in that banner, like having increased rate to OK banner instead of having just neutral banner with no rateups.

So huge grats to Vashetti ;).

My will is too weak. Spent my last 10+1 on the 3rd step.

And got 2 rainbows!

Guess what.

I have 4 Lila's now.

Grats I guess. Hopefully you can do some nasty & fine shenigans with 4 Lilas. OTKO "everything"?

lol...."just the gear is worse" is what i said a couple of days ago before i wanted to switch main and alt acc. But yeah this isnt happening...im stuck to my main account. I could pull the best units ever my alt but the Gear difference is just too big. Would have to spend months to farm the TM needed....if i even have the units with those TM there.

Yeah gear is huge thing. We are getting 10 freebie pulls (nonbanner I think) + those 7 EX 3* tix + 10+1 tix + another from daily logins. There is decent chance you pull something good with those. Not saying great chance, cause rng and gumi.

I do have Fixed Dice. Do you want to test it if I swap FV to friend unit, go to some exploration to do tests with it.

fionel

Grats I guess. Hopefully you can do some nasty & fine shenigans with 4 Lilas. OTKO "everything"?

I know I said I'm not chasing after Sephiroth, but I don't think I'd ever need more than 2 Lila's. This just broke my heart and all my resources.

Alkez

My will is too weak. Spent my last 10+1 on the 3rd step.

And got 2 rainbows!

Guess what.

I have 4 Lila's now.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that man. That would break me tbh. I still have step 5 to do. I have 1 Lila, which I am happy about, but need a Sephiroth for general chaining purposes so waiting until the last day to pull.

Rixa

PS. Anyone here invested in Fixed Dice ? I have 3 Setzers but dont really understand how this TM works....apparently you wont be able to Dual Wield with it equipped.

But the weapons has only +1 atk....wouldnt that still be pretty shitty ? Dont get it.

FV is up, go and test FD in some exploration :p

I know I said I'm not chasing after Sephiroth, but I don't think I'd ever need more than 2 Lila's. This just broke my heart and all my resources.

Damn thats rough :(.

Its like me when I got from my first (and only) EX 5* ticket dupe Lightning. I guess I will level it someday to use it in expeditions...

Kettch

JP

I picked up Nichol as well with about 30 tickets. Didn't have a buffer, so even if he's mediocre it should be a nice upgrade for me.

So many nice characters on there, I need to get myself to play more.

Lots of us have Rikku's Pouch by now, which lessens the uniqueness of Cleansing Light - which is Esunaga and doesn't clear Petrify, unlike Panacea. Patriot is also worse stat-wise than Genji Shield, so you're sacrificing something to get not much.

You're left with MP regen, death protection and a bigger party cover. You have to pay gil and crysts for all of these things to be meaningful. And then right now there's no content around where Charlotte is meaningfully better than either of her competitors. So that's why no one is talking about her.

Her 100% single Target magic block and 60% aoe cover makes her one of the best tanks against magic based attacks

Which is overwhelmingly being used against us

And death resist is better than crisis buff. She is a top pick against Marlboro imho and likely future bosses since I doubt they will build another boss that's susceptible to perfect evasion

cw_sasuke

Yeah gear is huge thing. We are getting 10 freebie pulls (nonbanner I think) + those 7 EX 3* tix + 10+1 tix + another from daily logins. There is decent chance you pull something good with those. Not saying great chance, cause rng and gumi.

I do have Fixed Dice. Do you want to test it if I swap FV to friend unit, go to some exploration to do tests with it.

Yeah..Gear is pretty much everything - when you have units like Ashe who are nice suddenly realize that you still need Dual Wield, Dual Cast etc. for them the hype dies pretty fast again....lol.

And yeah cant wait for those good...if i could just pull one of those 5* suckers...Tidus, DV, Oldman, Fry, OK...

Just wann stop chasing them - makes saving up/hoarding so much more difficult.
FV is up, go and test FD in some exploration :p

Thanks man...i will give it a try in a bit.
But just without testing and hearing it from you...is the TM worth farming ?
So:

Wilhelm
Tidus
Tilith
Noctis
Onion Knight

is a pretty solid team right?

Meh.... :)

I have had a Wilhelm's since anniversary (he was my garaunteed 5* pul). But I haven't used him since I had a reasonably geared WoL all ready to go.

What kind of gear does Wilhelm's need? How do you use him?

Rixa

Yeah..Gear is pretty much everything - when you have units like Ashe who are nice suddenly realize that you still need Dual Wield, Dual Cast etc. for them the hype dies pretty fast again....lol.

And yeah cant wait for those good...if i could just pull one of those 5* suckers...Tidus, DV, Oldman, Fry, OK...

Just wann stop chasing them - makes saving up/hoarding so much more difficult.

Thanks man...i will give it a try in a bit.
But just without testing and hearing it from you...is the TM worth farming ?

Maybe this Reddit post | Can someone explain to me why Fixed Dice are so good and why they work well on Veritas of Flame? clears things.
Read the comments, very good stuff there and one link to Setzer FD discussion.
Again it all comes to eq's one has and not.

Reddit discussion said:
[–]WayneJarvis:
One of the reasons that the weapon works better with FV too is his ability to both imperil for multiple elements while adding that element to his attack. This means FV can take advantage of the high variance and make fixed dice an elemental weapon. So this means with luck you can do his 500% finishing move have a 6.5x variance multiplier, a 1.5x imperil multipler, and a 4x chain multipler for a 195x hit.

[–]TemporaMoras:
Forgot to add the killer too :D

[–]WayneJarvis:
True, I also forgot about his counter abilities that can give 100% imperil and 1000% damage. So with 1 killer you can get up to 780x damage.

Top Bottom