• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Vashetti

Banned
I have had a Wilhelm's since anniversary (he was my garaunteed 5* pul). But I haven't used him since I had a reasonably geared WoL all ready to go.

What kind of gear does Wilhelm's need? How do you use him?

He's a better WoL.

DEF and HP is what he needs.

Here's mine

V9chkzE.png
bZIQoUU.png
QR26k6Y.png

Syntsui

Got CG Nichols within three 4* tickets, I'm really surprised they are giving out 10% moogles for every summon (gold or up) holy shit.

Also, I'm a idiot, I clicked on the 500 lapis summon button by mistake, but considering I got him so fast it was still worth it lol.

le.phat

Can someone PLEASE help me out with a bomb-ass A2? I'm so close with the Aigaion trial, but its taking too long because i lack DPS so eventually i run out of mana and wipe. My A2 'only' has 870 atk, but the only friends running A2 atm are running A2's that have less dps. HbomberGuy, i choose you!

Yeah the divide between global and JP needs to be closed sooner rather than later

Its getting ridiculous

No kidding.

Higher rainbow rates.
More freebies.
10% Moogles with gold or higher summon
Step system
Better EX rewards

I'm sure I'm missing more

What do we get? A trial against a giant cigarette that demolishes me because even with my 5* units like dualandu and Rem finisher I get demolished easily.

They make Global as frustrating as possible while discouraging pulling because our rates are pure shit tier.

Want this banner gold and have 10,000 lapis and 50 tickets saved up? Oh sorry, better luck next time.

NeoCross

Man, I'm really glad I pulled OK having a 5* chainer helps quite a lot. I just cleared Octopus trial and picked udca's OK to chain together with mine....the damage on his elemental chains is just so good. Now I do have enough moogles to get his TM...is it worth it to just dump it all on him or should I prioritize other TMs first? atm I only have Pod 153 and Genji Glove. I could get blade mastery, rikku's pouch or dark knight's soul maybe? or excalibur perhaps?

I should really start TM farming soon.

Vashetti

Banned
Man, I'm really glad I pulled OK having a 5* chainer helps quite a lot. I just cleared Octopus trial and picked udca's OK to chain together with mine....the damage on his elemental chains is just so good. Now I do have enough moogles to get his TM...is it worth it to just dump it all on him or should I prioritize other TMs first? atm I only have Pod 153 and Genji Glove. I could get blade mastery, rikku's pouch or dark knight's soul maybe? or excalibur perhaps?

I should really start TM farming soon.

His sword is BiS for him.

He has innate dual wield too so another powerful weapon like Excalibur would go nicely on him.

Kouriozan

No kidding.

Higher rainbow rates.
More freebies.
10% Moogles with gold or higher summon
Step system
Better EX rewards

I'm sure I'm missing more
And they got gifts for the Global Anniversary :p
Personally I'd want the materia tab filter QoL ASAP, when I switch units for trials it's a torture.

And they got gifts for the Global Anniversary :p
Personally I'd want the materia tab filter QoL ASAP, when I switch units for trials it's a torture.

They got gifts for OUR anniversary?

Did we get gifts for theirs?

Damn, we are a bunch of idiots aren't we? Treated like dirt and decide to throw money their way in an attempt to gain their affection.

No worries, we will get Ramza Enhancements next month and everyone will be happy.

Merc Ramza that is.

Doctor_No

Enhanced OK's gets really solid stats with just his standard Onion equipment; 1200+ ATK, near 10k HP, and basically a built-in Ribbon.

His Onion Slice and Cutter get a huge jump as well, as tested on Japanese sites, Onion Cutter does around ~700k damage on training dummy without enhancements to over 1.2 million Enchanced+2; Onion Cutter does around 900k damage to dummy non-enhanced, and does over 1.5 mil enhanced.

Oh shit, did that go live today or did I miss it yesterday?

Edit: OMG

that free summon went Gold to Rainbow!

Got S2 Nicol but it ate too many of my tickets. =(

Congrats guys!!!!!

eggydoo

One other thing, make sure you don't have certain Espers equipped to your units that make you weak to the elements that he is using. If that isn't the problem, then maybe just getting higher spirit buffs could help.

Soleil's enhancements are insane for buffing and the fact they use tech crysts and you only need to enhance two of them makes them quite affordable. If you have her, she can make the fight a lot more survivable with the 120% SPR buff.

I just realized soleil only buffs for one turn. After I was buffing each turn, it was pretty cake. I barely missed the 15 turn kill. He had a sliver left at 0%. Will try again later as now I know the strat.

Syntsui

Shouta/Visceir/fionel, can you guys translate what the hell Nichol's skills are? Nazta must be busy, I can't remember the last time he didn't datamined nor update the reddit with new content.

Edit: I guess translating won't really help at all without the datamined parameters >.>

Shouta

Datamine info is up for Nichol. He's basically the new buffing god, lol. I just tried Earth Veritas' status down guard skill and it prevents the debuffs from landing from Nichol's skills. Eiko's does will also remove them.

The one downside is that it's a 2 turn duration for for his big AOE 130% buffs and his all in one 100% buff. His 110% single stat buffs are 5 turn though.

His damage reduction is also 30% and can be casted along with another buff making it super useful.

robotuw

Ok Gumi, the "free pull, but only if you're quick on the draw" thing has gotten real old now. You're not going to melt like the wicked witch for giving people a couple free tickets to make up for it. Hell, JP gave 10 tickets "on accident." They never addressed the extra 10+1 ticket some people got a while back either I think.

Totally off-topic, but is anyone else excited for Cook Serve Delicious 2 tomorrow?

Inspector Q

I just realized soleil only buffs for one turn. After I was buffing each turn, it was pretty cake. I barely missed the 15 turn kill. He had a sliver left at 0%. Will try again later as now I know the strat.

Hey, just a heads up, but if you enhance her dances they become crazy good. All you need to do is choose one offensive dance and one defensive dance then just flip flop between the two. By the third turn you will have a full 120% buff to ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR to all your party members. So not only will that help with survivability, but also increase your damage output a ton.

Kouriozan

Hey, just a heads up, but if you enhance her dances they become crazy good. All you need to do is choose one offensive dance and one defensive dance then just flip flop between the two. By the third turn you will have a full 120% buff to ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR to all your party members. So not only will that help with survivability, but also increase your damage output a ton.
Yes, you're supposed to enhance one of her offensive and defensive dance to +2. That's why I went with SPR and ATK, because we don't have magic cover yet otherwise WoL Light is With Us would be enough.
So you alternate between the 2 enhanced dances and have a constant 120% boost.

Celegus

Ok Gumi, the "free pull, but only if you're quick on the draw" thing has gotten real old now. You're not going to melt like the wicked witch for giving people a couple free tickets to make up for it. Hell, JP gave 10 tickets "on accident." They never addressed the extra 10+1 ticket some people got a while back either I think.

Totally off-topic, but is anyone else excited for Cook Serve Delicious 2 tomorrow?
That's tomorrow!?!? Omg wife is gonna be so hype! I knew it was supposed to be this year but kinda forgot about it. She loved the first one so definitely gonna grab that, and supports a fellow gaffer!

Niahak

Was on vacation for a couple weeks with sketchy internet, but still managed to do daily quests and some of the new stuff. Highlights:

• Got Onion Knight from a daily (like many here from the look of it). Woo! Seems like he's good with raw ATK.
  • Beat Hein trial except the 15% water resist. The trial was kind of annoying, but Ace was MVP as always
  • Beat Erinye trial with a super-tanky strategy (Wilhelm, Marie, Rikku on support, Ace MP battery/DPS and Trance Terra being not too useful as other DPS)
Still in stock-up mode and up to almost 30 tickets. Looking forward to the festa rewards. Maybe I can actually save *this* 10+1 ticket until the rainbow change...

Pejo

Crap I just realized I only have until Thursday to do the Hein trial. Is this basically just Green Mage + Zarg + WoL and non-elemental magic? Seems pretty straightforward from what I read on the Wiki.

Crap I just realized I only have until Thursday to do the Hein trial. Is this basically just Green Mage + Zarg + WoL and non-elemental magic? Seems pretty straightforward from what I read on the Wiki.

Pretty much, but you don't want your green mage to also heal. I had problem with Rikku/marie, so I had to sub Rikku for just healing. Could probably sub marie for healing and rely on hypernullall instead. But relying on her for both was impossible for me. WoL's rotation of provoke, light is with us, armor buster was critical.

If you have non-elemental dmg (Ashe, ace, alterna, enhanced ultimas ). They are the best.

I, personally, did not even try for the five man team. Just doubled on DPS to focus on getting that 15 turn (and it still took 13 turns.

Pejo

Pretty much, but you don't want your green mage to also heal. I had problem with Rikku/marie, so I had to sub Rikku for just healing. Could probably sub marie for healing and rely on hypernullall instead. But relying on her for both was impossible for me. WoL's rotation of provoke, light is with us, armor buster was critical.

If you have non-elemental dmg (Ashe, ace, alterna, enhanced ultimas ). They are the best.

I, personally, did not even try for the five man team. Just doubled on DPS to focus on getting that 15 turn (and it still took 13 turns.

Thanks!

Is full enhanced Ace enough to KO him within the 15 rounds if I want to try to get that and the 5 man achievement in one go?

evangd007

I used Soleil (enh), Luka (enh), WoL, and two Dark Finas (enh), so yes on the NE magic offense, but you have some latitude on the defensive side. I ran with no elemental resist magic or flat mitigation, but Soleil's 120% buffs made up for it.

_woLf

i think i'm getting burned out on this game. i've had no desire to do anything but log in and get the daily item lately.

Shouta

i think i'm getting burned out on this game. i've had no desire to do anything but log in and get the daily item lately.

Then just do that for awhile. No reason to push yourself unless the event interests you. Game isn't going anywhere for awhile, lol.

Gah, missing so much with being on vacation and all that! 10 hour grueling drive with an 18 month old is not ideal haha. Hoping we get Taiwan fan festa rewards soon as I could use some shadows and Artemios. Maybe even a Sabin or 2!

Thanks!

Is full enhanced Ace enough to KO him within the 15 rounds if I want to try to get that and the 5 man achievement in one go?

Not in my experience. I had a six person team, and used a full enhanced ace, Ashe and a friend fully enhanced ace to deal damage (Ashe was to get the chain up, double ACE was for spark chaining). That took me 13 turns, I did lose probably three turns to MP recovery (My ace could Refresh through the laser, friend Ace could not).

I would recommend taking it down for the 15 turn and then re evaluate if you want to attempt the 5 person trial.

Rokuren

Thanks!

There might have been some luck involved with the level of Tri-Beam I was getting; but I was able to 5 man it in 9 turns with a pair of Enhanced Ace's.

Team was:
Warrior of Light(Spirit break and guarding)
Marie(Element resist, ailment immunity, DualCast Cura when Tilith Stat buffed)
Tilith(Stat Buff,Healing,Occasional Team hp/mp heal)
Ace/Friend Ace(Tri-Beam chaining)

Pejo

Thanks for the tips all, I beat it in 10 or so turns with a team of 6 since I didn't know what to expect.

I took WoL, Zarg, Rem, Ace, Minfilia, and a friend Dark Fina. I could have easily left Minfilia out and it wouldn't have affected the outcome at all. Really never was in danger, just healed up with Rem and did Tri-beam and Ultima +2. I was hoping Minfilia's Protection of the gods or whatever the auto counter heal was, would proc and free Rem up to Dagger Boomerang, but I think WoL took all the physical hits so she was useless.

Debating if I want to bother with the Water Resist. On one hand, i'd probably never use it. On the other hand, I have all the other single element resists already so maybe...

Shouta

water resist will help with Leviathan when he gets added but not absolutely necessary as there are other options to up water resistance.

robotuw

Slow week like this without new event are the worst, I guess we're gettting a Global Exclusive soon.

Geez I hope so. We pretty much know FFXI is this week but some gl exclusive curve-ball soon would be great. If not, we know exactly what's coming for the next month or so and it's all boring.

Celegus

At least all this ho-hum content makes it easy to save and stockpile for the eventual rate increases because right now it just feels pointless. GE stuff is always fun though!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not too much going on to talk about right now. No doubt it'll pick up again eventually!

Next banner is FFXI, which is going to fall even worse than this one.

And I have a feeling we've simply hit the peak here. We lost a handful of regulars in the past month.

fionel

Ah damn, sorry to hear that man. That would break me tbh. I still have step 5 to do. I have 1 Lila, which I am happy about, but need a Sephiroth for general chaining purposes so waiting until the last day to pull.

Even though I got nothing except the guaranteed banner rainbow (Lila) on my step 5, I would still encourage you to do it. 3x rainbow rate is not something you want to pass on.

EDarkness

And I have a feeling we've simply hit the peak here. We lost a handful of regulars in the past month.

It sucks, man. We lost Val and I figured he'd be here until the end, but I ended up outlasting him and that's depressing. I enjoyed his videos a lot and Muku and I would watch them and discuss whether or not to pull for those units or how to use them in our group. I had no idea about 2B's mechanics until I watched Val's video about her. He will definitely be missed.

I can understand where folks are coming from, though. The game recently is starting to feel like work and it's not very much fun. I got A2 and 2B and I just want to smash some stuff and do some cool things, but the game just doesn't provide those kinds of things. Everything has to be super damn hard in order to get the most out of it and that just makes things boring because the fights aren't really all that fun. It used to be fun to see my little group grow into something, but now I feel like the game is just going through the motions and the developers aren't interested in making fun content for us to mess around in.

Oh well, I don't want to be all negative, but I'm a little bummed that we lost some cool folks lately and it just makes playing the game not as entertaining.

Rixa

Then just do that for awhile. No reason to push yourself unless the event interests you. Game isn't going anywhere for awhile, lol.

It sucks, man. We lost Val and I figured he'd be here until the end, but I ended up outlasting him and that's depressing.

I can understand where folks are coming from, though.

Not too much going on to talk about right now. No doubt it'll pick up again eventually!

These things have affected me too. At the moment, I don't have any crucial TM's I want to farm. So I stopped caring about nrg. I just let phone rest and game be, doing 5 Arena per day and daily q's and maybe some event running if I have time.

Basically taking BE very lightly as my standards.

tuffymon

It will be announced tomorrow

And this thread has slowed down tremendously since Nier

Such an understatement... between the people who dropped off the face of the world, or the huge negativity that went on for awhile. I've avoided the forums a lot lately due to it.

Rixa

XI Raid incoming, Totto gets 5*, Prische & Werei + some others.

Prepare to be disappointed about raid drops lol.

Top Bottom