• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

robotuw

Finally beat the Hein trial (and my first real trial ever) after at least 6-7 failed attempts. I only started during the anniversary so no TMRs to help out, and limited gear options.

Ended up using:
EV
9S
Marie (single enhancement to the status resist)
T.Terra (500 mag)
DC Refia
and borrowed a GAFers T.Terra they had up with 900+ mag

Barely made it under the 15 turn limit.

Congrats! Beating that first real trial (and not just with a friend unit cheesing it) feels great. It'll help give you momentum to beat others too!

Vashetti

Banned
Our Fan Festa celebration keeps getting better and better! We wish to extend our heartfelt gratitude to everyone who attended our recent Fan Festa in Taiwan. It pleases us to know that you have enjoyed the festivities and you carried a smile even after the event.

Due to the success of our Fan Festa events, we are happy to inform you of the following giveaway schedules. Remember to mark your calendar!

• 9/15 1:00 - 10/6 0:59 PDT
- EX 3★ Summon Ticket x7

• 9/16 1:00 - 9/26 0:59 PDT
- 1 Daily FREE Rare summon
- 10,000 Gil per day [total of 100,000 Gil]
- 3 Metal Gigantuars per day [total of 30 Metal Gigantuars]
- 1 Star Quartz per day [total of 10 Star Quartz]

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you fail to log-in on 9/16 [day 1 of free summon and giveaway], you will no longer be able to get the reward for that specific day once you log in on 9/17 [day 2 of free summon and giveaway]. And so on. To get all the rewards, we highly suggest that you login DAILY.

• 9/26 1:00 - 10/6 0:59 PDT
- EX 4★ Summon Ticket x1

• 9/27 1:00 - 10/6 0:59 PDT
- 10+1 summon ticket x1

Never miss a day!

I really try my best not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I gotta admit that my excitement for the rewards goes way the hell down with this schedule. Not quite sure why they are spacing it out like that.

Vashetti

Banned
I really try my best not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I gotta admit that my excitement for the rewards goes way the hell down with this schedule. Not quite sure why they are spacing it out like that.

To keep you logging in every day.

Similar reason as to why when they give out cactuars, gil turtles etc. it's always in one big bundle in your mailbox. To get you to spend lapis to increase slot sizes.

Rixa

• 9/26 1:00 - 10/6 0:59 PDT
- EX 4★ Summon Ticket x1

• 9/27 1:00 - 10/6 0:59 PDT
- 10+1 summon ticket x1

Never miss a day!

So can we make class action lawsuit if we dont get daily EX 4* tix & daily 10+1 during that timeline?
Clearly everyone understands that post so that between 26.9 - 6.10 we get 4* tix & 10+1 once per day.

@Addie yo, lets do it ;).

To keep you logging in every day.

Similar reason as to why when they give out cactuars, gil turtles etc. it's always in one big bundle in your mailbox. To get you to spend lapis to increase slot sizes.

Yeah and to make rerolling less attractive.

Sorry, let me rephrase. I don't get why Gumi has to continue being scummy about stuff like this when they would generate so much more money and good will by throwing the community a bone.

Celegus

Eh, I'm probably not even going to use the upcoming 10+1 tickets since there's not too much out right now that I really want so it doesn't bother me. Gonna try to hold onto them for the rainbow change to at least have a slight chance of getting something useful.

vato_loco

I can understand why longtime players would scoff at those freebies. Me, on the other hand, can't even wait!

Also man, this game does NOT mess around. The difficuly spike goes way up all of a sudden.

I noticed most of you guys I've added have some... uh... thing that allows you to attack twice. Is that an item I'll be able to buy / craft / murder someone for later?

Vashetti

Banned
I can understand why longtime players would scoff at those freebies. Me, on the other hand, can't even wait!

Also man, this game does NOT mess around. The difficuly spike goes way up all of a sudden.

I noticed most of you guys I've added have some... uh... thing that allows you to attack twice. Is that an item I'll be able to buy / craft / murder someone for later?

Dual Wield is Zidane's Trust Master reward.

Genji Glove, Gilgamesh's TM reward also grants Dual Wield.

Doctor_No

I honestly don't see a problem with them spreading the rewards out over a short period of time. We're going to get two 10+1 tickets in a couple weeks after all, in addition to a bunch of tickets.

Also, the NY Fan Fest is also around the corner, and that means a whole other set of bundle of rewards I'm assuming. Making it feel like a long spell of free rewards.

Let's be honest, even if we got it all in one day, we are either going to horde it for later, or blow it all on the same day and it will feel like we got shit if we don't get the unit we want. Then we'll blame Gumi for the long gap between freebies.

The problem Gumi has it seems, in Nier, with 3% rainbow rates, etc is how they announced their schedule. It encourages hoarding, it always feels like there is something better coming around the corner.

Just to tack on to this, there are some units that have dual wield innately when you max them out (e.g. A2, Luneth, Lightning, etc.).

Also, there are some weapons that allow you to dual wield by equipping them, like Abel and Camille's TMRs.

The magic equivalent to dual wielding is dualcast. Most of the higher end mages have it innately, but you can also get it from Ludmille's TMR. Very, very handy, especially for healers that don't have the ability innately. It turns healers like Refia from "meh" to amazing.

Rixa

So Curaja -> Curaga. Where is the ingame message about this?

Name changes said:
Magic:

Curaga -> Curada
Curaja -> Curaga

I get it why they did this, but why can't they post simple info about it? How hard it is?

vato_loco

Just to tack on to this, there are some units that have dual wield innately when you max them out (e.g. A2, Luneth, Lightning, etc.).

Also, there are some weapons that allow you to dual wield by equipping them, like Abel and Camille's TMRs.

The magic equivalent to dual wielding is dualcast. Most of the higher end mages have it innately, but you can also get it from Ludmille's TMR. Very, very handy, especially for healers that don't have the ability innately. It turns healers like Refia from "meh" to amazing.

Awesome, I'm so so so far away from that, I won't even bother with it. I mean how many thousands of fights do you need to reach 100% trust?

Another supremely noob question: it hasn't been mentioned, but this being based on classic Final Fantasy and all, does the position of the fighters have any effect on their strength? Meaning, do the guys in the back hit for less damage because they're in the back?

Raika

Awesome, I'm so so so far away from that, I won't even bother with it. I mean how many thousands of fights do you need to reach 100% trust?

Another supremely noob question: it hasn't been mentioned, but this being based on classic Final Fantasy and all, does the position of the fighters have any effect on their strength? Meaning, do the guys in the back hit for less damage because they're in the back?

No, damage is the same regardless of position.

Though for some units positioning might matter when you're trying to chain skills.

Niahak

Most people either macro or wait for TM moogles (or both, I've done a little of the first but largely stopped) to max out trust. Each battle has 1/10 chance to increase each person's by 0.1%, so you need 10,000 fights.

I can't find anyplace it's mentioned on the wiki, but I recall reading that units in the "front" (top left) get covered by others more often than units in the back. So your squishiest unit should be in the front top, weirdly, while your tank should be in the 5th spot. I don't recall how drastic the difference is, though.

Otherwise, I don't think there is a difference other than animation speed (useful mostly for chaining purposes).

Vashetti

Banned
Unit positioning I just line them up depending on how cool they look.

Wilhelm is always at the front because his animations with his shield are insane.

100006106_limit_atk_animated.gif

Everyone that plays this game has the exact same attitude towards farming for TMRs at some point. And 99.9% of them eventually come around to the realization that TMRs are far more valuable and useful than any individual unit.

TM farming sucks and takes forever even using macros/switch control, but it's almost necessary. When you are ready to take it on, just ask here for plenty of guidance.

vato_loco

So, uh, what's a macro, exactly? Do you mean automatically playing the game, somehow?

EDIT: hol' up.

*goes to OT*

Oh, cool, using emulators for macroing the game. So how would that work? You just pick the cheapest fight and macro it to death, wait for NRG to come back, repeat? Also which tool do you guys use?

Xevren

Posting this while I'm on my break, hoping to go for the Aigaion fight later today. Would anyone be able to put up an elementless 2B for me? Just need one with highest attack you can really. Have a lot of time later and going to try and knock this out.

CGwizz

I am getting tired of this game, when you start a new account is great but after a while you see you dont have units to beat the bosses, they are always putting bosses that need a particular mage that you dont have, or some support you dont have and it gets frustrating.
Expeditions failing all the fucking time , again this week and will not get the 5% moogle because all 90% plus expeditions are failing ...

Niahak

So, uh, what's a macro, exactly? Do you mean automatically playing the game, somehow?

EDIT: hol' up.

*goes to OT*

Oh, cool, using emulators for macroing the game. So how would that work? You just pick the cheapest fight and macro it to death, wait for NRG to come back, repeat? Also which tool do you guys use?

Yeah, it runs the 1-energy Earth Shrine dungeon over and over.

Most people use Android emulators like Nox with a script. A couple of us use FREP (android-only) on real devices. With FREP you kind of have to make your own macro, so it's not something you can share really... There might be some guides linked in the OT.

TM farming won't get you much until you're higher-rank (~40-50) since your energy is better spent doing story and things that will give you more rank XP and level your characters better.

Vashetti

Banned
I felt really ambivalent about this Mog King event at the beginning, and still do mostly mainly because all the bonus units are useless against Hein.

I'm surprised though as I've ended up buying pretty much everything I wanted.

All tickets
All Moogles
All star quartz
All cactuars
All Onion Knight gear
Both Desch/Aria materias

Got 15 of the Burst Pots, doubt I'll be able to scrounge up enough for the other 15, but I'll try.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is the exact quote about not spending lapis as a n00b from the playbook:

You will be tempted early on to spend lapis on tons of little things. Don't! Especially never use lapis on continues.

Basically: don't spend lapis until you know what you're doing. Don't spend it on pulls that cost 500. don't spend it on continues, ever. This is especially important for F2P types but is just smart gaming that you don't really realize until you fuck up and drop 2000 on 4 rare banner pulls because because?

Notable exceptions, also from the playbook:

Exceptions to this list are expanding your slots (unit slots, equipment, materials, items, friends list). Otherwise save your lapis. Please just trust us.

Note that this 'don't spend your lapis' thing is like, #3 on the getting started guide. Intended for people in their first week still getting their bearings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=740259696

vato_loco

This is the exact quote about not spending lapis as a n00b from the playbook:

Basically: don't spend lapis until you know what you're doing. Don't spend it on pulls that cost 500. don't spend it on continues, ever. This is especially important for F2P types but is just smart gaming that you don't really realize until you fuck up and drop 2000 on 4 rare banner pulls because because?

Notable exceptions, also from the playbook:

Note that this 'don't spend your lapis' thing is like, #3 on the getting started guide. Intended for people in their first week still getting their bearings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=740259696
Good point. I guess doing some pulls isn't such a bad idea after all. Even though this game is pretty damn cheap when it comes to giving 5* pulls...

Azuran

Banned
Posting this while I'm on my break, hoping to go for the Aigaion fight later today. Would anyone be able to put up an elementless 2B for me? Just need one with highest attack you can really. Have a lot of time later and going to try and knock this out.

Ask and you shall receive. I replace Excalibur with Beastlord just for you.

1054 ATK is the highest I can get right now.

Niahak

yeah i didn't follow that at all. that is not the conclusion one should be making either from the playbook or uh, reality.

I think the intention was to say that FFBE is stingy when it comes to giving out 5*s. "Cheap" in the sense that it doesn't give them out often, not that pulling 5*s is cheap.

Not sure whether I'll pull on the FF11 banner. It's been nice to build up a lapis stash again.

Good point. I guess doing some pulls isn't such a bad idea after all. Even though this game is pretty damn cheap when it comes to giving 5* pulls...

I think you are using "cheap" as in stingy, which is very true BE is very VERY stingy with their 5* base units. I recommend strongly daily pulling. I have pulled three of my 5* bases on daily pulls.

Now i have only on bannered three of my 5* bases (including the one I rerolled for). I can't stress that enough, reroll until you get a top tier chainer (OK, Freyvia or Orlandeau specifically).

OK is better "out of the box" for lower tier content, and scales well without additional items just by leveling him up, Freyvia has better potential AND breaks most of the JP originating trials, Orlandeau is easier to find chainer friends but may need more setup.

vato_loco

Yeah, sorry, I meant stingy.

Now i have only on bannered three of my 5* bases (including the one I rerolled for). I can't stress that enough, reroll until you get a top tier chainer (OK, Freyvia or Orlandeau specifically).

OK is better "out of the box" for lower tier content, and scales well without additional items just by leveling him up, Freyvia has better potential AND breaks most of the JP originating trials, Orlandeau is easier to find chainer friends but may need more setup.

What's an OK? Is there a character named Original Killah or something?

Also yes, I'm doing the 250 pulls every day, but only 3* so far.

Yeah, sorry, I meant stingy.

What's an OK? Is there a character named Original Killah or something?

Also yes, I'm doing the 250 pulls every day, but only 3* so far.

Onion Knight, just running shorthand.

250 pulls are nice in that you can get 90-100 lapis a day, so every five days you get two 1/2 pulls. Most of those will be 3*, but remember luck favors the persistent.

robotuw

So in addition to the log in reward 10+1 ticket we're also getting another from the fan fest rewards? That's cool. I'll be up to 6 multipulls between ex and 10+1 tickets. I'm saving them all for the 3% change. I could get quite a haul at the rate they are giving them out.

Weren't we supposed to get crysts as part of the fan fest rewards too?

vato_loco

Onion Knight, just running shorthand.

250 pulls are nice in that you can get 90-100 lapis a day, so every five days you get two 1/2 pulls. Most of those will be 3*, but remember luck favors the persistent.
A lot of you seem to favor OK. He's ridiculously strong, too.

I just checked a couple of Unit Rankings and man oh man, have I got nothing. Best I've got is a 5* Ace (which is admittedly pretty good), then no good healers, then a 4* Seven and a 4* Veritas of the Waters.

robotuw

A lot of you seem to favor OK. He's ridiculously strong, too.

I just checked a couple of Unit Rankings and man oh man, have I got nothing. Best I've got is a 5* Ace (which is admittedly pretty good), then no good healers, then a 4* Seven and a 4* Veritas of the Waters.

He is quite strong, although a lot of us are offering him for the bonus to the mog king event. After today I imagine a lot of people will switch back to A2/2B/Orlandu/etc.

Ace is really solid, I wish I had him. The nice thing is once you have a strong damage dealer you are mostly set. You can make do with 4* healers/supports/tanks you'll just get naturally with time and bring a friend as another damage dealer.

He is quite strong, although a lot of us are offering him for the bonus to the mog king event. After today I imagine a lot of people will switch back to A2/2B/Orlandu/etc.

Ace is really solid, I wish I had him. The nice thing is once you have a strong damage dealer you are mostly set. You can make do with 4* healers/supports/tanks you'll just get naturally with time and bring a friend as another damage dealer.

Can't wait to go back to my A2! Do hope most of you enjoyed having an OP TT for Hein, hope she helped.

Shouta

You don't need to TM farm to play the game though it'll speed up your power level pretty steadily. Personally, keeping it to a very minimum is way more interesting even if it takes longer to get super strong.

You don't need to TM farm to play the game though it'll speed up your power level pretty steadily. Personally, keeping it to a very minimum is way more interesting even if it takes longer to get super strong.

I'd say if you're going for the more standard content you don't need em, but the tough stuff is definitely balanced with tms in mind. Although, that makes sense as players with all the goods need a challenge.

udca

Hey guys! I finished farming Grand Armor and I now have a Wilhelm that can tank Aigaion. He can survive with Zarg's all stats +60% and nothing else, but he's close to death. I recommend damage mitigation though. Without the + to spirit he might not survive.

I shared him if you guys want to try him out.

vato_loco

Can't wait to go back to my A2! Do hope most of you enjoyed having an OP TT for Hein, hope she helped.
I tried fighting Hein just now, he blocked everything OK threw at him and of course 1-hit murdered the rest of my team. Tried magic, regular blows, everything just bounced off. What am I missing?

Top Bottom