• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

ftir1

Neo Member
I tried fighting Hein just now, he blocked everything OK threw at him and of course 1-hit murdered the rest of my team. Tried magic, regular blows, everything just bounced off. What am I missing?

You need a magic character that deals non elemental magic damage otherwise he will resist it. He resists physical damage as well, thus OK is rendered pretty much useless in that fight.

robotuw

I tried fighting Hein just now, he blocked everything OK threw at him and of course 1-hit murdered the rest of my team. Tried magic, regular blows, everything just bounced off. What am I missing?

Unfortunately OK and other physical attackers are useless against Heim. You need strong mages to do any sort of damage to him. Were you trying the trial or the regular mog king ELT mission? The trial can't really be done without a solid team, but ELT should be doable with just a strong mage friend carrying you. My Trance Terra can solo him with a little careful management for instance. 911,468,888 if you still need more OP friends.

Are we talking the Hein trial or elt version of the event? If the later, you need a friend with Ring of the Lucii who can dual cast Alterna. If the earlier of the two since you're new I don't think you can attempt the Hein trial at all.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am flat broke. I didn't really realize how much gold I was spending on all those expeditions. Yikes. Should I go to the vortex to earn $$?

vato_loco

The Final Fantasy III Castle Hein Event. In my ignorance I tried going in the Hein The Mage event and the game just played a "hahahahahaseriously?omgyouguyscomeseethisnoob.mp3" audio.

How can I know which friend has Ring of the Lucii?

Found a 900 MAG Why Are You Naked Terra, was gonna try with that one when Maintenance stroke again.

Vashetti

Banned
Uhhh. Just got booted from the game for maintenance.

The Final Fantasy III Castle Hein Event. In my ignorance I tried going in the Hein The Mage event and the game just played a "hahahahahaseriously?omgyouguyscomeseethisnoob.mp3" audio.

When you choose a friend to take with you, on the final screen before you depart, where you can see all your party and your friend's unit, you can click your friend to inspect their gear.

Xevren

Ask and you shall receive. I replace Excalibur with Beastlord just for you.

1054 ATK is the highest I can get right now.

Thank you! Will be getting started soon.

Or not since I guess maintenance is going to happen.

Fucking hell my week has been wrecked with games on weird ass maintenance times. My copy of Destiny 2 showed up Tuesday morning and didn't even get to play it.

Alkez

Even though I got nothing except the guaranteed banner rainbow (Lila) on my step 5, I would still encourage you to do it. 3x rainbow rate is not something you want to pass on.

I did my pull literally about an hour before the banner ended. I got 4 rainbows.

Elfried
Lila #2
Marie
Sephiroth!

I was playing one winged angel as I was pulling and got him as his name was said in the song. Was super lucky but glad I finally have a generic chainer after 3 months of playing JP. Made doing the exploration event a breeze.

Pejo

Hey guys! I finished farming Grand Armor and I now have a Wilhelm that can tank Aigaion. He can survive with Zarg's all stats +60% and nothing else, but he's close to death. I recommend damage mitigation though. Without the + to spirit he might not survive.

I shared him if you guys want to try him out.

Holy shit, 12k HP and 600+ def. What a beast. Can you post your materia page or just tell me what you're using there? I have a Wilhelm and he's sat on the sidelines completely in favor of WoL and EV for some reason. I need to change that.

udca

Holy shit, 12k HP and 600+ def. What a beast. Can you post your materia page or just tell me what you're using there? I have a Wilhelm and he's sat on the sidelines completely in favor of WoL and EV for some reason. I need to change that.

I have 2x Patriotic recall, Resentment and mechanical heart

Maybe someone else knows of a way, but I don't think you can filter friends based on particular gear. However, when you are at the friend unit selection screen, press and hold on the friend units to bring up their stats/gear screens. Just scan through them to find someone with the Ring of Lucii equipped.

Edit: just realized that Vashetti answered this already. My bad.

Muku

Interesting to play some catch up on thread. Been on vacation, visiting my folks, since last week. Don't get home until Sunday, but reading every few days.

Niger really took a toll on this community. I wasn't even into it but felt worn out at the end because what Gumi ended up putting us as a whole through. OK I waited forever for but ended up getting an 2B on main and A2 on alt. Where was I to fit OK? I did some pulling during Irma because I was bored. And I was really hoping for a good caster on my main. That failed. I got a second Gilgamesh though. Once I finish Power of Creation I will work on the second Genji Glove.

I felt the Mog King event in JP and GL, both occurring at same time ffs, just weren't all that interesting. I didn't bust my rear but still ended up with more than I had anticipated on main, alt, and JP. And wasn't going to take away family time to worry about that. The rewards weren't all that interesting. The community taking loses have made it difficult to care to go on. It's a bit depressing. I mean some days lately I have only logged in to get my daily reward. Today included. That and send friend rewards out. It feels sad and bad.

I'm in a total slump too and am only going on because of my investment to the game. I actually don't care anymore. So I'm spending my nrg on TM farming but not refreshing it. Nier , Malboro, and seeing what Japan got killed it.

You know what, i just decided I won't daily pull with lapis anymore either. Just going to save up and see where Gumi goes at this point.

robotuw

I'm in a total slump too and am only going on because of my investment to the game. I actually don't care anymore. So I'm spending my nrg on TM farming but not refreshing it. Nier , Malboro, and seeing what Japan got killed it.

You know what, i just decided I won't daily pull with lapis anymore either. Just going to save up and see where Gumi goes at this point.

Yeah I'm just in full save mode right now. I still give enough of a damn to TM farm and spend orbs but I'm spending absolutely zero resources. No tickets or lapis of any kind. That plus no $ is the best message I can send without quitting the game outright.

Nier was so strange. I even got everything I wanted from it and it still killed my enthusiasm for the game. Or maybe it's just because there's been no follow-up since then. They should have waiting a few more months to release it I guess. A2 certainly ate OK's lunch, and if I wanted to fiddle with complex ability chains I'd just use 2B rather than go for Prishe. The rewards for this raid are also undoubtedly going to suck after Nier's too.

I think getting nier and OK out of order is really going to mess with power creep.

Nier wasn't power shifted and is roughly four months ahead of where we are if going by Japan's timeline. FFXI is cycling back in after having shifted around for the anniversary raid (by my estimation it came when we got anniversary for Japan, nier came when anniversary came and imperial saga is being skipped).

I just see no reason to pull. Lots of desire but no reason to. A2, 9S, and 2B breaks physical wide open, to those of us lucky enough to get them.

I'm not surprised at the fallout post nier, the difference between the lucky, the whales and those of us who were not lucky will likely be more apparent than ever for months.

Interesting to play some catch up on thread. Been on vacation, visiting my folks, since last week. Don't get home until Sunday, but reading every few days.

Nier really took a toll on this community. I wasn't even into it but felt worn out at the end because what Gumi ended up putting us as a whole through. OK I waited forever for but ended up getting an 2B on main and A2 on alt. Where was I to fit OK? I did some pulling during Irma because I was bored. And I was really hoping for a good caster on my main. That failed. I got a second Gilgamesh though. Once I finish Power of Creation I will work on the second Genji Glove.

I felt the Mog King event in JP and GL, both occurring at same time ffs, just weren't all that interesting. I didn't bust my rear but still ended up with more than I had anticipated on main, alt, and JP. And wasn't going to take away family time to worry about that. The rewards weren't all that interesting. The community taking loses have made it difficult to care to go on. It's a bit depressing. I mean some days lately I have only logged in to get my daily reward. Today included. That and send friend rewards out. It feels sad and bad.

Going to assume you added a G in Nier.

I did get the whole banner from just tickets for Nier after first raging about how multiple pulls gave me nothing. But now? It feels like it's residual fallout. Everyone's feeling bummed probably because the anniversary was so good, then we got brought back to zero pretty quickly. Doesn't help that this Mog event feels like a chore and the banners we've been getting aren't exciting at all. So now we are all TM farming, probably the most boring part of this game. I think if there was events or something around building TMs, you'd see a bit of resurgence.

Also, the game is still in maintenance for me.

Syntsui

This is getting ridiculous now, it's pretty much the same problem we had at the end of 2016.

For some reason though, whoever was online can still play.

fionel

I did my pull literally about an hour before the banner ended. I got 4 rainbows.

Elfried
Lila #2
Marie
Sephiroth!

I was playing one winged angel as I was pulling and got him as his name was said in the song. Was super lucky but glad I finally have a generic chainer after 3 months of playing JP. Made doing the exploration event a breeze.

Lol Grats!! The thrill of 4 rainbows must be unforgettable and would be something I wish I get to experience some day =D

Rixa

^^

Havent looked raid info at all. What kinda of enemy we do have / what build?

Edit: Checked out. I guess my friend leader will be DV with Excalibur.

robotuw

Fryevia set, good luck to you guys,this raid definetely won't be a sweet ride for everyone.

Is he actually dangerous? I thought he was just going to be annoying with the whole random vulnerability gimmick. The last raid boss that provided any sort of challenge was the first: Irfrit.

Rixa

Is he actually dangerous? I thought he was just going to be annoying with the whole random vulnerability gimmick. The last raid boss that provided any sort of challenge was the first: Irfrit.

Soon we will see. I go in with this team and form it if needed.

- Ashe
- Dark Veritas with Excalibur (boss is 100% dark immune)
- Fire Veritas
- Ace
- WoL

* Ashe uses Heaven's Fury for healing and some chaining - IF needed I swap to Refia
* FV 1st turn Inspire 80% ATK MAG buff. 2nd / 3rd Turn use Heavy Stomp / Full Charge Stomp. 2nd turn can be Flaming Axe
* Ace Tri-Beam for that sweet -75% Fire / Lightning / Light resist
* WoL ATK/MAG debuff and tanking.
* DV Dark Punishment, chaining with Frolandu
* FRolandu Divine Ruination

So Ashe can be swapped to Refia if HF is not enough for keeping units alive due to rng of boss resist.

wilstreak

Why is this ELT raid so damn tough.

I run with 1000 ATK Randi, 900 ATK DKC, and 1100 ATK A2 friend. Also 900 MAG Ashe and 700MAG Lunera.

Both ATK side and MAG side didn't deal any significant damage (4 turn, hp still at 85%). Is there secret behind it?

And Gumi expect us to beat ELT 24 times a day.

Feep

Banned
Beat ELT, but the mechanics are eluding me. Damage from attacks wildly fluctuates by three orders of magnitude, at times.

Rixa

Raid Gacha seems to be absent of Moogles, also magicites are there...

Why is this ELT raid so damn tough.

I run with 1000 ATK Randi, 900 ATK DKC, and 1100 ATK A2 friend. Also 900 MAG Ashe and 700MAG Lunera.

Both ATK side and MAG side didn't deal any significant damage (4 turn, hp still at 85%). Is there secret behind it?

And Gumi expect us to beat ELT 24 times a day.

Beat ELT, but the mechanics are eluding me. Damage from attacks wildly fluctuates by three orders of magnitude, at times.

Not a fan of this rng:

- 1st ELT took 5 turns when I finally got that def debuff
- 2nd Elt took 10 turns when I finally got that def debuff

What a time consuming raid. Also as I pulled Tuesday that freebie pull. I DON'T have that free banner... (Relaunched 3 times after game day change) :p.

So Gumi's answer to accidentally pulling free stuff is to take it so that I wont pull free banner today.

Thanks fuckers.

7x Ex Tickets

"Increased great success rate" on Enhance Units

All trash here too. First EX tix was that new 3* Kupipi (lol), so newest banner is in EX pool. Last one was blue to gold -> WoL

Broseybrose

Not having Orlandeau, I enhanced my Agrias (Excal, Sun Barette, Demon Killer, Diablos) and am now sharing her.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow some of you will be sharing your Orlandeaus (or Agrias) to chain DR with!

edit - My summon page is all messed up. Rare summons tab is BLANK, while standard only shows Arena and FP summons.

Yes! I cant figure it out either. Turn 1 brought him down to 80%. Turn 2 Massive Overkill, using same moves. How strange.

Rixa

Not having Orlandeau, I enhanced my Agrias (Excal, Sun Barette, Demon Killer, Diablos) and am now sharing her.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow some of you will be sharing your Orlandeaus (or Agrias) to chain DV with!

edit - My summon page is all messed up. Rare summons tab is BLANK, while standard only shows Arena and FP summons.

Yes! I cant figure it out either. Turn 1 brought him down to 80%. Turn 2 Massive Overkill, using same moves. How strange.

Brose, swap to DV leader if you have Excalibur. Also restart your game.

Took this from Reddit:

1: AoE attack + Self dispel (starting from 2nd loop onward),

[AoE Physical + Self Def debuff (98%) + Silence] OR [AoE Dark magic attack+ self Spr Debuff (98%) + Blind],

Broseybrose

Brose, swap to DV leader if you have Excalibur. Also restart your game.

Took this from Reddit:

I dont have Dark Veritas, I meant chaining Divine Ruination! I messed up and put DV instead of DR

All I have is Agrias and Excalibur. But thank you for reminding me that DR chains with DV (Dark Veritas)!

Restarted and Rare Summons is still empty...

Top Bottom