• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Rixa

Ok, Sakura skills & abilities make the difference, will pull.

SometimesBanned( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:
Noticeable from playing it:

Jake chains with Tidus.

Nichol doesn't stack with existing aoe cover buffs.

Grim Sakura chains with self.

CottonC said:
Christmas just came early for Tidus owners

EDIT: Feed the Fish is 6 hits only. Christmas is over :(
This makes new possibilities when doing 10 man trials. Must get Jake :p

wilstreak

I like how they are trying so hard to make Ramza buff irrelevant now.

Nichol is amazing. His AoE Cover can be dualcasted together with other Illusion based skill.

Grim Lord Sakura is our first Doublehand Mage. Expect amazing MAG stat without downside like physical counterpart, She can dual cast magic and skill.

Not sure what pirate Jake's main role should be.

Syntsui

This banner... No matter what happens, everyone should get one Nichol, he will be EXTREMELY important on the majority of future trials and 3* espers, two hits AoE evade is insane.

Rixa

This banner... No matter what happens, everyone should get one Nichol, he will be EXTREMELY important on the majority of future trials and 3* espers, two hits AoE evade is insane.

Illusion - Doppelganger description
Enable an Ally to dodge two physical attacks for three turn. So you can get 2 allies to dodge 2 hits (not aoe).

le.phat

Yes if you have multiple Fryevia, otherwise no not really. Sorcery is desired because it has a large magic value and triggers the condition for Letters and Arms. The main magic users that can equip swords are Fryevia, ExDeath, Ashe, and Trance Terra. All of them but Fryevia can also equip rods so just use Sorcery + Rod if you're running a L&A build. Fry is stuck with swords though so her TM takes up one slot and then you are limited to Enhancer or Sorcery (an 80 mag difference) for the other. So I guess if you wanted to run two L&A TT builds and didn't have Fryevia you would also want more than one. The uses are pretty niche.

I only have one Frey, so I guess i'm good, alltho my 5-ticket was a trance terra....
Thanks for the input, btw.

Alkez

I haven't run any numbers but I swear Sakura's natural HP (with her weapon) is going to be really high for a mage?

Also why were people saying her weapon was exclusive? I thought I misread the info or something but the datamine says only the LB aspect of it is exclusive.

Not sure how I feel about the unit as a whole. I feel like you should simply be using her LB every turn. The grim skills aren't as unique as I hoped. I would have liked Rise Again and Sacrificial Barrier to be grim skills. And the LB boosting mag for only the next turn means in my eyes it's the most viable play style with her on paper.

Nichol seems fine. I don't really understand his Illusionist Redirect though which seems to be the main use for him outside of his LB.

Edit: nvm, I understand now. It's not great. LB focused it is. He may have a place in my team though. Adds to my belief that white mages can be avoided completely.

Jake seems ok for Tidus users.

Rixa

he probably mean Nichol's LB

Ohh I didn't check LB at all. Good point, letsee base vs lvl 25.

Nichol LB said:
1/25
Heal (480 HP, 8x) split over 3 turns to all allies
Recover (12 MP, 0.2x) split over 3 turns to all allies
Negate 2 physical damage taken for 3 turns to all allies 1 16 LB

25/25
Max Heal (1200 HP, 14x) split over 3 turns to all allies
Recover (24 MP, 0.44x) split over 3 turns to all allies
Negate 2 physical damage taken for 3 turns to all allies

That's aoe Wild Card (evade part) :). Now the question is, does it stack with dual wield WC...

5 Ace + LB generating evade Nichol. Ace's spamming WC.

c-murph

Thinking about pulling for Nichol and Jake for their TMs. Ayaka might want them. Would like Sakura but not willing to exhaust ticket supply and not spending anything. Maybe the RNGods will bless me.

Alkez

Ran some calcs. A good SPR build for Nichol can heal back around 1600-1700 hp per turn, and 50 mp. When you factor in damage mitigation, mechanic heart, and the evasion he provides this could prove to be a sufficient amount, especially if you have ReRaise in the back.

Syntsui

This banner will be really tricky. Nichol is the best unit, Sakura is underwhelming and uses too much MP even though she is probably capable of some good damage in theory and Jake is the definition of TM fodder, but holy shit what a great defensive TM.

I don't know how should I behave. 4x Jakes and 1x Nichol would be the best possible outcome, but the odds are extremely low of getting that without huge lapis investment.

Kouriozan

Right when I click it to check if the maintenance was done, perfect timing

EDIT : Chilly would be proud.

t6U0NhYl.jpg

As I expected, only miss a little to get to 1000 MAG.

TT is setup, take her for a spin guys! Didn't enhance Ultima, everything else is +2.

LOL @ Demon Rain's enhancements, god damn!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...anthermits_should_you_enhance_batch_7_oct_19/

Demon Rain

Rarity: 5★ to 6★

Enhancements:

Name Enh Description Gil Type T1 T2 T3 T4 T5
Counter BASE Chance to counter Physical Attacks (30%) w/ 100% ST Physical Attack - - - - - - -
Counter +1 Chance to counter Physical Attacks (30%) w/ 200% ST Physical Attack & +10% Critical Chance 120,000 Guard 15 8 5 - -
Counter +2 Chance to counter Physical Attacks (40%) w/ 300% ST Physical Attack & +30% Critical Chance 120,000 Guard 23 12 8 2 -
Very interesting enhancement to Counter, providing a massive counter proc boost due to his Demon's Revenge passive. His final, standard physical counter chance goes from an already great 75% to a 100% chance, guaranteeing one counter at every physical attack thrown at him. Not only that, but the counter's modifier is upped to a pretty decent 300% and D.Rain gets a free +30% critical chance, which can further boost the counter's modifier to 450%! Due to his innate DH (and enhanced TDH!), D.Rain's counter damage won't be a joke like pretty much everything else we've seen at this point.

Doublehand BASE +50% Equip ATK Bonus when single-wielding (1-handed weapons only) - - - - - - -
Doublehand +1 +100% Equip ATK Bonus when single-wielding (1-handed weapons only) 250,000 Tech 20 15 10 2 1
Doublehand +2 +150% Equip ATK Bonus when single-wielding (including 2-handed weapons) GIL Tech 30 23 15 4 2
Oh boy oh boy, Cloud's been dethroned as the first unit with physical TDH. This enhancement is very heavy on the cryst side of things, but provides a massive ATK boost to Demon Rain and allows him to make use of the positive variance of 2-handed weapons. It turns his counters from puny LB crystal generators to extremely scary 1k+ ATK nukes.

Demonic Fury BASE +30% ATK when HP drops below 30% - - - - - - -
Demonic Fury +1 +60% ATK & +60% DEF when HP drops below 30% 500,000 Support 15 10 8 1 -
Demonic Fury +2 +120% ATK & +120% DEF when HP drops below 50% & +30% HP 500,000 Support 23 15 12 2 1
And it just keeps on coming. This enhancement turns Demonic Fury into one of the strongest crisis buffs in the game and gives Rain some solid extra HP to boot. These buffs are permanent and the triggering threshold is incredibly fair for a tank to reach with ease. Where it lacks in giving him SPR, it provides in ATK, further boosting his massive counter potential.

Demon's Taunt BASE Self 1 Turn +50% Physical Mitigation - - - - - - -
Demon's Taunt +1 Self 1 Turn +100% Provoke & Self 1 Turn +50% Physical Mitigation 500,000 Guard 15 10 8 1 -
Demon's Taunt +2 Self 3 Turns +100% Provoke & Self 3 Turns +50% Physical Mitigation & +12 MP cost 500,000 Guard 23 15 12 2 1
I'm already out of positive adjectives at this point, but holy crap Gumi, the favoritism here is real. Another expensive enhancement, but another great one. It turns a crappy Swipe-Down-For-8-MP to a significantly better version of WoL's enhanced Brave Presence

Ignite BASE AoE 3 Turn +40% ATK/MAG - - - - - - -
Ignite +1 AoE 3 Turn +60% ATK/MAG 250,000 Support 15 8 5 - -
Ignite +2 AoE 3 Turn +80% ATK/MAG & Grant Demon's Wrath & Inner Fire for 3 Turns to Self 250,000 Support 23 12 8 2 -
Okay Gumi, please stop, this is getting ridiculous. While the jump from 40% to an 80% offensive party buff is great, the unlocked skills completely seal Demon Rain's entire kit: Demon's Wrath (500% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack) is a fantastic nuke that allows him to forgo his tanking job and go nuts as a finisher and damage dealer and Inner Fire (Self 5 Turns +80% SPR & Self Recover 50 MP + 0.5x Split over 5 Turns) provides a great self SPR buff and MP sustain.

Round-Up:

I think it should be abundantly clear who's Gumi's favorite between the two main characters. Anyway, Demon Rain's enhancements are very expensive, but they turn a TMR-Fodder unit into an extremely relevant one. 150% innate TDH, 100% chance to counter each physical attack he takes with a 300% hit (450% 30% of the time!), a permanent 120% ATK/DEF crisis buff, a 3 Turn 100% Provoke with built in 50% Physical Mitigation and a goddamn AoE 80% offensive buff that grants him a 500% finisher.

Enhanced Demon Rain is freaking nuts. The only thing he really lacks are innate stat passives and AoE Cover, but his crisis buff and TDH more than make up for the first one, while the AoE Cover can be given to him by Illusionist Nichol, or you can simply use him as a provoke tank/nuker.

I don't think you really need priorities here, as you should be enhancing everything if you plan on using D.Rain, but his enhancements do depend on what you want him to do in your party. If he's to be a tank, priorities lie on Demon's Taunt +2 to provide a 3 Turn Provoke, then Demonic Fury +2 for the DEF crisis buff.

If you want to prioritize damage dealing, Doublehand +2 is the first on the list, followed by Counter +2 so his counter damage potential skyrockets, then a tie between Ignite +2 if you want him to have a reliable finisher to use on your own turn and Demonic Fury +2 if you're not constantly running Soleil on your team.

Kouriozan

Unbuffed, damage of Fire from Below +2 at turn 5 on the dummy / then turn 5 with Control +2

Il2dUtJl.jpg
Fc0a0Yvl.jpg

(it also crushed my best damage record haha)
Damn nice, wanna test it on long battles now.

Kettch

I'm getting itchy to use my 5* ticket, but I've gotta wait for Rain and Lasswell to be in the pool as well to up the odds a bit. We're expecting them next week right?

Actually kinda stoked for the Halloween event. Totally missed last year's for the most part. UI is cool too.

I'm also taking a long shot and asking support if there's any way I can get my black cat lid unit back. Hahahaha, probably not but I'm curious to hear the response. Not that she's great but I've always liked the sprite.

Celegus

I'm getting itchy to use my 5* ticket, but I've gotta wait for Rain and Lasswell to be in the pool as well to up the odds a bit. We're expecting them next week right?
Not sure if it's 100% confirmed but I'm pretty sure yes. Laswell still looks like a dud sadly but wow Rain got some serious love.

Celegus

Is 4* ticket gonna be affected by 3% rainbow change?

And why are you guys pulling now instead of tomorrow for Halloween banner.?
Was wondering that too, everyone using 4* tickets right before the limited banner?

Actually kinda stoked for the Halloween event. Totally missed last year's for the most part. UI is cool too.

I'm also taking a long shot and asking support if there's any way I can get my black cat lid unit back. Hahahaha, probably not but I'm curious to hear the response. Not that she's great but I've always liked the sprite.
She's on the banner tomorrow, not gonna be hard to get a new one.

Alkez

[JP] So
Wandering Rain
is given to event attendees. Does that mean there will be
another version for his season 2 form
or is this just it?

Was wondering that too, everyone using 4* tickets right before the limited banner?

She's on the banner tomorrow, not gonna be hard to get a new one.
Haha I know, I'm just very cheap and F2p exclusively now so I have limited resources. Have a 4* and reg ticket to use at least!

They denied my request, lol.

fionel

[JP] So
Wandering Rain
is given to event attendees. Does that mean there will be
another version for his season 2 form
or is this just it?

Well the one being given out in the event is him between S1 and S2. And the one on tmr's banner is him right at the end of S1. So I think it's a good bet there will be a S2 form.

Kinda scummy to make so many versions of him :(

vato_loco

Finished Season 1, hells yeah.

Who should I use my 100% Moogle with? Abel's Bowie Knife, Ludmille's Dualcast, Medius' Growth Egg, Camille's Aqua Blade? Some other one I should wait for instead?

Who should I use my 100% Moogle with? Abel's Bowie Knife, Ludmille's Dualcast, Medius' Growth Egg, Camille's Aqua Blade? Some other one I should wait for instead?

Wait for others the chime in, but I would focus on a dual wield over dual cast any day. (And growth egg is a definite NO!!!!)

Wait a day though, especially if you are going to burn the 10+1 ticket tomorrow. Another chance for that Zidane!

Pejo

Ashe with my 4* and dupe Crowe with reguar ticket. I really really wanted a Glauca, but I guess he'll have to come off-banner.

Alkez

Well the one being given out in the event is him between S1 and S2. And the one on tmr's banner is him right at the end of S1. So I think it's a good bet there will be a S2 form.

Kinda scummy to make so many versions of him :(

Yeah. I mean I liked the character, more towards the end of season 1, but I don't need 3 versions of him in the gacha lmao.

Wait for others the chime in, but I would focus on a dual wield over dual cast any day. (And growth egg is a definite NO!!!!)

Wait a day though, especially if you are going to burn the 10+1 ticket tomorrow. Another chance for that Zidane!

Agreed that you should save it for someone who's TM you'll want instantly. If you pull a zidane or a gilgamesh, or someone like Aileen or Tidus who need their own weapons, you'll want the moogle for them.

Syntsui

Killed Blood Moon, Glacial and Elaficellas on JP. Everything went pretty smoothly except Glacial, that fight is 100% RNG based and that's is some next level bullshit. I can't wait for it to come to global just to watch the meltdowns. You literally have to pray for it to not kill your DPS unit and the unit that will revive the rest of the team. Reseting the game does nothing, it will never change the target (wasted 100 RNG until I could do it, that with the half NRG event going on.

Blood Moon will be ridiculous easy with our buffed Emperor + two Victorias (Ashe is way too weak, I couldn't one shot him with her on the first phase.

NomarTyme

I haven't given out my friend ID in awhile...

824 856 420

Let me know in you tag that you're a GAF member.

Got Emperor to over 1k. My first unit with 1k stats.

vato_loco

What 10+1 ticket? Are we getting one?

Agreed that you should save it for someone who's TM you'll want instantly. If you pull a zidane or a gilgamesh, or someone like Aileen or Tidus who need their own weapons, you'll want the moogle for them.
Guess I'll wait for some of them, then. I can finally start TM farming, I'm not even close to my first TMR yet (Ace is at 69%) but, you know, gotta start somewhere.

I haven't given out my friend ID in awhile...

824 856 420

Let me know in you tag that you're a GAF member.

Got Emperor to over 1k. My first unit with 1k stats.
Sent, I'm Griever.

evangd007

Halloween banners might kill me. Nichol is nuts, and I want to go for WW Fina too because my mana regen options suck and her enhanced Entrust is an on-demand auto-revive which I still don't have.

robotuw

Well damn, Gumi delivered. Guess I'll save my 5* ticket for tomorrow. Sakura looks fun. Demon Rain seems nuts but I have no idea how I'd use him other than to destroy people in the arena. We're getting a 4* ticket from this event somewhere I remember so I might spend one of those and a pack of tickets. The 4* TMs don't seem as essential but that's ok, I prefer getting units for their abilities rather than their TMs. Hope you all like BCL because you're getting lots of her!

Syntsui

These enhancements just make me excited for Reberta, she has potential to be the supreme chainer of the game. I also have a feeling they will fuck up Fryevia because she is already too good.

Top Bottom