• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

evangd007

What the hell is this event? We get candy canes which are currency for the mog minister, but also are used to unlock the story.... which is just a cutscene... and needs tons of people to unlock the first one to get the second one...

EDarkness

What the hell is this event? We get candy canes which are currency for the mog minister, but also are used to unlock the story.... which is just a cutscene... and needs tons of people to unlock the first one to get the second one...

The whole thing sucks. I want that armor, though. So you guys keep getting candy canes!!

Veggy

So I've come back to this game after rage quitting months ago from not pulling Orlandu during his banner after my friend tells me I'll have a bunch of free pulls waiting if I come back + Cloud banner

I have enough for 2x 11 pulls and a bunch of ex tickets

My first 11 pull nets me....Mercenary Ramza and x2 Cloud's!

My second 11 pull nets me Summer Fina and....Orlandu!

Very happy overall

EDarkness

So I've come back to this game after rage quitting months ago from not pulling Orlandu during his banner after my friend tells me I'll have a bunch of free pulls waiting if I come back + Cloud banner

Very happy overall

Damn, congrats, man. Looks like a break was all you needed. Heh, heh.

Muku

Very happy overall

Welcome back! I guess Orlandu decided now was the time for ya. XD Congrats!

Shouta

JP is getting a big update on Tuesday. 15 new characters are getting 7-stars. New story, Odin and Phoenix are hitting 3-star and Alexander (up to 2-star) is coming.

I can finally clear up some inventory space.

LucaMac

Yea cant wait for it. Dissapointed there was no Basch in the update...trying to decide whether to use my unit of choice tickets on on Wilhelm and something else or two Basch...the wait is killing me. I've King Leo (and Tidus as a rough around the edges evaision tank) but reckon one of those will be the top end. Considering a Noctis even if just for RotL...

Will have 7* CG Fina joining the ranks soon so healer and magic/physical DPS are sorted with 7* Dark Veritas, Tidus, Trance Terra and Luneth (not used yet) so tank and buffer and I'm sorted across the board I think...have enhanced Roy and Lunera so could throw a ticket at 7*ing either or two for CG Nichols when the time comes. So my current (almost) 3 UoC tickets can go for 7* Tank of choice and 7* one of my Bards or 7* Wilhelm and double CG Nichol if he stays the top tier support with 7*...or I could impatiently wait and wait.

Choosing free 5* bases...who knew it would be tormentful...

PaulBizkit

This game and its UI is convoluted as hell. I started playing this game yesterday because of GAF hype but I just don't know what I'm pressing. I thought this game was more "instant action" oriented but it's filled with buttons for stuff and I don't know what to do to grind more levels.

I need to take my time but so far, it's been a bit overwhelming.

Pejo

This game and its UI is convoluted as hell. I started playing this game yesterday because of GAF hype but I just don't know what I'm pressing. I thought this game was more "instant action" oriented but it's filled with buttons for stuff and I don't know what to do to grind more levels.

I need to take my time but so far, it's been a bit overwhelming.

Yea there's a ton of stuff in the game, but the more important things are working through the story (for lapis, espers, access to materials) and grinding TMs to improve your units. Do your daily 5 arena fights at least, and try the challenges when you're ready and able, to get some good equipment and materia.

As far as the UI, it takes a bit to get used to, it's not really as bad as a handful of other Gacha games I've played. It'll take some practice to get chaining down, but otherwise, it's pretty "at your own pace" Every unit has a bunch of skills that you'll likely never use, so don't feel like you need to memorize every unit's skill list. Feel free to ask specific questions in the thread if you need help.

PaulBizkit

Yea there's a ton of stuff in the game, but the more important things are working through the story (for lapis, espers, access to materials) and grinding TMs to improve your units. Do your daily 5 arena fights at least, and try the challenges when you're ready and able, to get some good equipment and materia.

As far as the UI, it takes a bit to get used to, it's not really as bad as a handful of other Gacha games I've played. It'll take some practice to get chaining down, but otherwise, it's pretty "at your own pace" Every unit has a bunch of skills that you'll likely never use, so don't feel like you need to memorize every unit's skill list. Feel free to ask specific questions in the thread if you need help.

Thanks, buddy! btw, Is it ok to summon lots of things right now that I've just started? I used the summon tickets and already have Shadow, Garland and Golbez. All 3 stars

Pejo

Thanks, buddy! btw, Is it ok to summon lots of things right now that I've just started? I used the summon tickets and already have Shadow, Garland and Golbez. All 3 stars

Those units are all pretty outdated by today's standards, but they'll be fine for the first few chapters of the story anyways. Yea, there's not really a need for you to save lapis or tickets yet until you get a strong core team. It's probably a better value for you to save up and do the 10+1 pulls with lapis instead of dailies because it guarantees a 4* base unit at least, and right now you're not that picky of who you're trying to get. A few key 4* base and below units that will go a long way for you:

-Warrior of Light or Earth Veritas for tanks
-Refia, Aria for healers (You're really going to want a 5* here - Ayaka - since the other best healers were limited time only). I'm not sure, but Santa Roselia might not be bad, on the upcoming banner. I didn't get her last year, so I'm not sure how good she is
-Rikku for stuff only she can do, mainly Reraise shenanigans and on-demand damage mitigation and elemental buffs. Her TM is great too.

Other than that, if you can get a pair of chaining damage dealers, you should be fairly good to go for most easier content. 2 Setzers and a powerful friend unit can get you a long way.

Any 5* you get will likely make a big impact on your team, so good luck in seeing many shiny rainbows.

Dunki

Just came back to the game after a little break and a lot of it feels overwhelming. I had so many ex tickets and did spend 5k lapiz and got cloud which is nice I guess. But the stuff I really lack is equipment. I do not really now how to get some nice stuff. I have some 80 atk weapons but I think its already pretty outdated as well.

Current Team is

Lightning level 100 atk 471
Cloud level 73/80 atk 232
Cecil level 100 def 377
Refia level 100 mag 193
exdeath level 100 mag 226

Also have Noctis on standby level 100 atk 266 mag 210

So while I have quite a good Team i guess I lack equipment. Any tips on how to get some nice stuff?

Pejo

Just came back to the game after a little break and a lot of it feels overwhelming. I had so many ex tickets and did spend 5k lapiz and got cloud which is nice I guess. But the stuff I really lack is equipment. I do not really now how to get some nice stuff. I have some 80 atk weapons but I think its already pretty outdated as well.

Current Team is

Lightning level 100 atk 471
Cloud level 73/80 atk 232
Cecil level 100 def 377
Refia level 100 mag 193
exdeath level 100 mag 226

Also have Noctis on standby level 100 atk 266 mag 210

So while I have quite a good Team i guess I lack equipment. Any tips on how to get some nice stuff?

Other than farming some 3* and 4* units for their TMs, you can always look for carries on some of the trials. The Gilgamesh trial has a 100+ dmg Katana and can be solo'd, also the FF7 event has that 2 handed mace right now that you should be able to get just by using friend units.

Actually, Intangir is a lower difficulty trial that you can get an 82 ATK sword from too. Check out this page:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Chamber_of_the_Fallen

Shouta

New batch of 7 stars just came out and they're pretty much all great The ones that need some testing are just Elfreeda and Gladio since they're tanks but also provoke/counter ones. They got stuff on that front so it's kind hard to gauge how viable it is until there's proper testing.

Dunki

Other than farming some 3* and 4* units for their TMs, you can always look for carries on some of the trials. The Gilgamesh trial has a 100+ dmg Katana and can be solo'd, also the FF7 event has that 2 handed mace right now that you should be able to get just by using friend units.

Actually, Intangir is a lower difficulty trial that you can get an 82 ATK sword from too. Check out this page:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Chamber_of_the_Fallen
I got the sword a while ago. But it seems like nothing is oing that much. I wonder how people can get to 600 with Lightning or I have some friend who has a 672 Cloud... I feel like something is missing for me here.

I just tried the 3rd trial and it alomost one shots me.... While the story part is still easy (Veritas of light part) the extra stuff is really killing me..

Pejo

I got the sword a while ago. But it seems like nothing is oing that much. I wonder how people can get to 600 with Lightning or I have some friend who has a 672 Cloud... I feel like something is missing for me here.

I just tried the 3rd trial and it alomost one shots me.... While the story part is still easy (Veritas of light part) the extra stuff is really killing me..

Most of that is done by stacking passive attack boosts and dual wield. The number for dual wield units is sorta a lie, though. Like if you equip a unit with a sword and a katana, individually, you'll see what the actual attack is. Each hand is calculated separately for damage, but the ATK # is added together on the status screen. Units with only one weapon will get their true attack value, but only attack once instead of twice.

Gilgamesh trial has a 30% ATK boost and a genji blade, which will get you a lot more ATK than just putting a strong sword on a character. You can get a unit to solo that, but it needs to be built very specifically. I think it's status immunity and 100% physical dodge for that one in particular. The Dark Espers trial is similar, but you need +140% dark resist or something that like plus 100% physical evade, can't remember. If you search the FFBE subreddit, they had quite a few threads with builds for carries. If you post your friend code, I'll make a spot and add you, and if I can do any carry builds, I'll set them up for you.

Dunki

Most of that is done by stacking passive attack boosts and dual wield. The number for dual wield units is sorta a lie, though. Like if you equip a unit with a sword and a katana, individually, you'll see what the actual attack is. Each hand is calculated separately for damage, but the ATK # is added together on the status screen. Units with only one weapon will get their true attack value, but only attack once instead of twice.

Gilgamesh trial has a 30% ATK boost and a genji blade, which will get you a lot more ATK than just putting a strong sword on a character. You can get a unit to solo that, but it needs to be built very specifically. I think it's status immunity and 100% physical dodge for that one in particular. The Dark Espers trial is similar, but you need +140% dark resist or something that like plus 100% physical evade, can't remember. If you search the FFBE subreddit, they had quite a few threads with builds for carries. If you post your friend code, I'll make a spot and add you, and if I can do any carry builds, I'll set them up for you.
thx for the offer. I just looked into all this and it seems pretty specific for this. I have most of the Characters for non solo ones but the rest is pretty tough..

My ID is: 620 454 519

But man this game gets really complex beside the story stuff. Did not know it had such depth.

Pejo

thx for the offer. I just looked into all this and it seems pretty specific for this. I have most of the Characters for non solo ones but the rest is pretty tough..

But man this game gets really complex beside the story stuff. Did not know it had such depth.

Added you. Right now I have Dark Veritas up, but I can move stuff around if you need something specific.

With the 5* EX ticket they just recently gave... my alt got Gladio. -_-; But... my main got Tidus!!

Congrats! Tidus, Olive and Delita won't stop coming to me. I at least hope Olive gets a good STMR. I think Tidus is one of the worst ones, ; ;

Dunki

Added you. Right now I have Dark Veritas up, but I can move stuff around if you need something specific.

Thanks. right now, I do not really know what i need though. I just bought this 115 Attack mace and also 4 of these +10 atk and 10+ mag equipment from the event.

For the oter stuff It seems i really need some real specific stuff to get my resists upI have no idea to get right now. But I will look more into it tomorrow^^

Getting into the "end" game feels so much more different than the rest before.

Muku

Congrats! Tidus, Olive and Delita won't stop coming to me. I at least hope Olive gets a good STMR. I think Tidus is one of the worst ones, ; ;

Thank you! I wouldn't mind another Tidus. That way when 7* comes, I'll be ready. Considering he's spoiled me in JP, I'd love to be spoiled in GL too when the time comes.

Now my major "I want" list consists of Olive and Fryevia. DV on my main would be nice too. Tidus STMR is bleh. But that's okay, not caring too much for that anyway.

Shouta

Got a 4th cloud in JP today and got myself his STMR, lol. I was going after Rem for the ring so I could give it to S2 Sakura. =(

Shmuppers

New batch of 7 stars just came out and they're pretty much all great The ones that need some testing are just Elfreeda and Gladio since they're tanks but also provoke/counter ones. They got stuff on that front so it's kind hard to gauge how viable it is until there's proper testing.

Is Gilg any good???

Shouta

Is Gilg any good???

Yes and no.

His 7-star form now provides him with a ton of Killers and access to a bunch of new attacks through his Trust Ability and Limit Break. So on that front, he's very usable now and can be a relevant character. His new Excalibur move is 780% and a 7-hit so probably chains with the Holy Explosion/Divine Ruination family of attacks. He also has a -60% all elements imperil and a -55% Full Break.

The problem with Gilgamesh is that he has a very low base strength for a 7-star, even after pots. He maxes out at 233 where most are 250-270. He also doesn't have a lot of passives to help raise his attack like other characters. He doesn't have the equipment attack for dual-wield anywhere nor does he have any doublehand. He has a special Genji equipment passive which gives him 15% per piece that has the Genji name on it, I think, but that's not particularly viable. You have to have a lot of high level TMRs to max out his attack and even then, his low base kind of hurts him as well.

That said, if he's one of your only 7-stars or he's one of your favorite characters, he's still totally usable. He even has a set of moves that mimics his usual spiel followed by a powerful jump, lol.

Andvary

I sent you a FR. =)

evangd007

Popped my 5* EX and a 10+1 for fun.

5* EX - Aileen

10+1 notable pulls - 2x Tinkerer Carrie, Aria, Gilgamesh

Cashed in my 100% moogle on Gilgamesh.

Is Aileen still good? She's not talked about a lot lately.

Eidjinn

I think I'll be back to plying more regularly too.

Got Cloud and Tidus past two days... so finally the game became a little bit more interesting for me! XD

Muku

Bought both bundles in JP.

1st Ticket - Jiraiya (2nd one)
2nd Ticket - Araena (1st one)
3rd Ticket - Onion Knight (2nd one)

Was hoping for a Kunshira in that.

Shouta

Popped my 5* EX and a 10+1 for fun.

5* EX - Aileen

10+1 notable pulls - 2x Tinkerer Carrie, Aria, Gilgamesh

Cashed in my 100% moogle on Gilgamesh.

Is Aileen still good? She's not talked about a lot lately.

I don't think she has her enhancements yet in GL but once she does, she'll be relevant again.

I got the two packs in JP and used my 3 5-star tickets. Got my 5th Cloud, 3rd Duke, and 2nd Marie.

Muku

Doh, forgot to note that I used some regular tickets after the 5* EX ones. Ended up getting a dupe Araena. So now I have a 7* of her. :3

evangd007

Gingerbread man ended up being very easy. Gumi might be treading lightly after the overtuned monstrosity that was the Halloween boss.

Muku

Gingerbread man ended up being very easy. Gumi might be treading lightly after the overtuned monstrosity that was the Halloween boss.

For some. For some freaking reason took me 18 turns. I feel like I was jinxed on that dumb thing. But I did get it done.

Noticed the 3 day banner has Marie and Tidus on it. Told myself one ticket. Came down Rainbow. Well.... came out Marie. My first anywhere. :O So gonna work on finishing Araena up and then capping Marie at 6*.

EDarkness

Seriously. I'm okay with this. Trying to decide if I should do at least a couple of pulls for WKN. I vowed to not do anymore pulling until the Kunshira banner, but considering he's supposed to be cool with enhancements, I'm torn.

I finally got Tidus on JP on a lucky pull on one of my tickets from the Mog King event. Gonna use a Select Ticket to get another one so I can get him to 7*. After that, I don't think I'll really care about the 7* thing and just let the cards fall where they may. I'll save my last Select Ticket for anything going forward, though, it's a shame we can't use them for limited units.

evangd007

10+1 yesterday gave me Christine. Of course there was not enough time to drain my stamina pots to get enough candy canes for her TMR moogles.

Pejo

10+1 yesterday gave me Christine. Of course there was not enough time to drain my stamina pots to get enough candy canes for her TMR moogles.

Damn, congrats. That's some crazy luck!

I pulled all my resources and never got her. At least I stayed strong and didn't spend a dime. The real heartbreaker, I had 2 regular tickets left yesterday at the end of the day. First one was gold -> Vanille, second was blue -> gold -> rainbow (is it a christmas miracle??) -> Fire Veritas. God dammit.

That's 5 off banner rainbows for that banner, which in itself is pretty ok, but double 5* banners should have a higher on banner %. That's just total bullshit. I almost uninstalled after FV popped out of that rainbow.

Muku

Damn, congrats. That's some crazy luck!

I pulled all my resources and never got her. At least I stayed strong and didn't spend a dime. The real heartbreaker, I had 2 regular tickets left yesterday at the end of the day. First one was gold -> Vanille, second was blue -> gold -> rainbow (is it a christmas miracle??) -> Fire Veritas. God dammit.

That's 5 off banner rainbows for that banner, which in itself is pretty ok, but double 5* banners should have a higher on banner %. That's just total bullshit. I almost uninstalled after FV popped out of that rainbow.

Damn dude, that sucks. :( I'm sorry.

Other day when I got Tidus, I was pulling on Christmas banner. Already had bonus units. Rainbow... Tidus. I guess they're saying I should be happy with my WKN they gave me last year without wanting him.

Pejo

Damn dude, that sucks. :( I'm sorry.

Other day when I got Tidus, I was pulling on Christmas banner. Already had bonus units. Rainbow... Tidus. I guess they're saying I should be happy with my WKN they gave me last year without wanting him.

Yep, desire sensor is a very real thing, lol.

Side note - what's common BiS for Fryevia? I finally have her potted out and wanted to start using her.

evangd007

Yep, desire sensor is a very real thing, lol.

Side note - what's common BiS for Fryevia? I finally have her potted out and wanted to start using her.

Genji Glove to dual wield, 4x Letters and Arms, 2x Fryevia's Needles

Then fill with as much MAG as you can.

Muku

Do you have a Gilgamesh, Pejo? As far as two Fryevia's Needles... I think some of us would be lucky to pull one. LOL. Do you have two?

Edit: Son of a... this avatar thing won't crop right. Won't upload anything other than what I initially tried. (Since cropping isn't working...) I hope this gets fixed. I hate half showing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Do you have a Gilgamesh, Pejo? As far as two Fryevia's Needles... I think some of us would be lucky to pull one. LOL. Do you have two?

Edit: Son of a... this avatar thing won't crop right. Won't upload anything other than what I initially tried. (Since cropping isn't working...) I hope this gets fixed. I hate half showing.

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing anymore with this layout, lol.

Anyways, yea I have a Gilgamesh, and only a single Fry's needle, but I can use that Sorcery sword TM as a budget 2nd option. Got all 4 L&A done too, so I guess it's just filling in the rest of the slots with MAG.

Pejo

So I forgot to mention, I actually went through the story this weekend building my lapis stockpile back and seeing the new stuff. A few thoughts:

-Don't like Lassworm as a new MC. He has absolutely no Charisma and it looks like they're going to be jacking off Rain all season 2 until they find him. "Rain is better. Rain would do this, so I'll do it too! Rain this, Rain that." I get that they're looking for him, but it's so heavy. Maybe the story diverges a bit in the future, I certainly hope so. (being critical of a mobile game story, i know, i know) I like the way it switches back and forth to the "other" perspective though, that's a neat touch.

-Glad most of these "kill X with an esper" missions are gone. Worst mission types in the game.

-Finally went back and got Bahamut. Those stages were a pain but surprisingly fun - except the mission "no KO's" in a level where enemies can strike first and spark chain firaga or Iai Strike (1hko). That's just bullshit. Also, have any of you actually done the final mission to kill all the bahamut shadows and bahamut in the same run? It's the only one I didn't complete yet. That's going to take a while and the 1 round KO bahamut team isn't necessarily a good survival team. I like challenges like this that exist though, it's something to strive for. Wish the reward was a little better but meh.

-Zyrus truly is an insane monster beast against dragons. Holy shit the damage. I actually built him up for the first time just for Bahamut and liked him so much I left him as my friend unit for the rest of this raid.

-No Mog King event has me leveling a bunch of units to 6* level 100 for fun, mostly 4* bases and 5* dupes for chaining purposes. I have a few more to do, then probably back to TM farming. I gotta get started on TM'ing out any worthwhile 5* bases in anticipation of the eventual 7* merges. I don't want to waste out on good TMs by merging them away before they're completed. Wish I'd get a Loren or Gilgamesh because I'm sitting on a few 100% TM moogles just waiting to use them.

-Next steps on my horizon are to Finally Finally try Aigaion, Blood Moon, Malboros, Ice Bird, and Sheratan. Anyone willing to share any updates to strategies with the current unit pool would be welcome. I'm nearly done potting out A2 for Malboros, probably will use a friend A2 instead of leveling and potting my dupe.

Muku

Lassworm is an awful main character. 0/0 don't want to do again. Please find Rain now.

Tried Bahamut end of last week. Hasn't gone well both times I tried it. I am pretty much done with it though. it's just stupid mechanics and I play games to have fun. Though, I have a feeling a lot of this stuff is headed that way, in which case I might have to make my exit at that point. Meh.

Pejo

Lassworm is an awful main character. 0/0 don't want to do again. Please find Rain now.

Tried Bahamut end of last week. Hasn't gone well both times I tried it. I am pretty much done with it though. it's just stupid mechanics and I play games to have fun. Though, I have a feeling a lot of this stuff is headed that way, in which case I might have to make my exit at that point. Meh.

If you have a SPR breaker, buffer, and 2 chainers, my Zyrus will 1shot him. You just have to start the level, go back and fill the LB gauge and then go fight him. Super easy. Also, to get the other missions, you just have to do them when you start at the summit, you don't have to actually do them in the bahamut fight (summon esper, etc). Also, if you forget to equip your rat tail, you get credit for clearing the quest, lol (but you don't get bahamut).

Muku

I've read about the LB Gauge fill thing, but I feel like it's just going to be too taxing on my group overall to maintain. Especially with shit going first a ton of the time right off the bat. It's far too much trouble than it's worth. It's not that I don't have resoures, it's just I'll be spending most of them just to stay alive. Just not my idea of fun. And I play games to have fun. I just feel like it's more chore based these days. Fact you should go back to LB fill is stupid to begin with, to be honest. Can't even just have an honest fight with Bahamut. No thank you.

Pejo

I've read about the LB Gauge fill thing, but I feel like it's just going to be too taxing on my group overall to maintain. Especially with shit going first a ton of the time right off the bat. It's far too much trouble than it's worth. It's not that I don't have resoures, it's just I'll be spending most of them just to stay alive. Just not my idea of fun. And I play games to have fun. I just feel like it's more chore based these days. Fact you should go back to LB fill is stupid to begin with, to be honest. Can't even just have an honest fight with Bahamut. No thank you.

I get what you're saying, but it's at least some unique content, something that's not mog king grinds or a grind at all, really. Felt like a traditional challenging dungeon from old FF games. Anyways, I believe you can just use a tent after you're done building LB so as long as none of your units are petrified or whatever, you can essentially start the Bahamut fight fresh with a full LB. I can understand if it's not your thing, I get it. I can always throw Zyrus back up there someday if you need it, it's not like he disappears.

Last edited:

Pejo

So for those of you that play JP, is this double 5* base banner thing something I should just get used to for the future of the game? It really annoys me, especially given the fact that I think Off-banner Rainbows are too high %. It's really frustrating

Top Bottom