• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

bonkeng

For those smarter than me with math in this game, which setup would do more damage?

Rem with Draco Spike and Second Knife for 800 MAG or Second Knife and Holy Rod for 752 MAG? She is fighting alongside two Orlandeau.

The 752 MAG setup should do more due to the the -50% light res correct?

Also should Holy Rod be in the left or right hand? With Orlandeau I put Excalibur in his left so light res is broken before he hits with light damage. Not sure if that matters with Rem.

Was thinking left, that way her 2nd hit is later in the chain. Does this make sense?

If you're talking about Rem finishing Orlandu chain, Holy Rod is better.

Weapon slot doesn't matter since she's not doing any break or imperil.

If you're talking about Rem finishing Orlandu chain, Holy Rod is better.

Weapon slot doesn't matter since she's not doing any break or imperil.

Thanks. Good to know I was somewhat on the right path.

She will definitely be finishing Orlandeau chains, or trying to hit at the end of his chains at least. I mainly use her for Dagger Boomerang.

She's so awesome. Hits so damn hard, and if I need auto revive or some healing, she's awesome at that too!

Now just want DW#3 so I can replace Second Knife with her event dagger. That brings her to 811 MAG, and the extra SPR is nice too since her HP is so low.

Alkez

For those smarter than me with math in this game, which setup would do more damage?

Rem with Draco Spike and Second Knife for 800 MAG or Second Knife and Holy Rod for 752 MAG? She is fighting alongside two Orlandeau.

The 752 MAG setup should do more due to the the -50% light res correct?

Also should Holy Rod be in the left or right hand? With Orlandeau I put Excalibur in his left so light res is broken before he hits with light damage. Not sure if that matters with Rem.

Was thinking left, that way her 2nd hit is later in the chain. Does this make sense?

1. Holy Rod
  2. Yes
  3. Left
Note that elemental weapons affect both attacks and not just the attack relating to the hand it's in. The only reason to put Excalibur in the left on Du is because you want the strongest weapon in the off hand to capitalise on the debuff on the first turn, and the extra chain damage going forward.

1. Holy Rod
  2. Yes
  3. Left
Note that elemental weapons affect both attacks and not just the attack relating to the hand it's in. The only reason to put Excalibur in the left on Du is because you want the strongest weapon in the off hand to capitalise on the debuff on the first turn, and the extra chain damage going forward.

Thanks.

Does that mean regardless, both hits by Dagger Boomerang will hit with Holy damage?

If so, I love her even more now.

For someone who's played since soft launch, I'm still such a noob. I basically just log in, spend energy and grab TMs when I can and try to build for highest stats.

across

Does that mean regardless, both hits by Dagger Boomerang will hit with Holy damage?

Yep. A weapon in either hand bestows that element to both attacks. Additional information: having weapons of two different elements means your attack will be split between those two elements, which means a reduction in damage if you are trying to target an elemental weakness (either native on the enemy or applied via an imperil), which is why it's generally a bad idea. There are some niche/situational applications, but generally, you want one element weapon in one hand and a non-element (or same element) weapon in the other one.

Yep. A weapon in either hand bestows that element to both attacks. Additional information: having weapons of two different elements means your attack will be split between those two elements, which means a reduction in damage if you are trying to target an elemental weakness (either native on the enemy or applied via an imperil), which is why it's generally a bad idea. There are some niche/situational applications, but generally, you want one element weapon in one hand and a non-element (or same element) weapon in the other one.

That's good to know. So when one of my Landu had Chinjawhatever with fire dmg, I was actually hurting his damage.

This is good info. Thanks.

Lyrian

5bAQLZE.png

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Elza DEF/SPR break + Fryevia Ice Imperil + Shiva via Garnet + undead dragon being 50% weak to ice = ROFLCOPTER for final boss. Sorely underestimated how much damage that combo would do. In hindsight, if I hadn't gone in cold turkey first thing in the morning, I could built around an ice elemental chain and used Shiva as a finisher. Shiva's finisher would then have easily one-shotted the dracolich.

Also, WoL 6's Light is With Us completely trivializes the dracolich's attacks and thresholds.

And with that, Elza's enhancements are now complete. Enjoy :)

Kouriozan

And done first try, that was a nice story event but I got TMs to finish.
Unfortunately, no T4 cryst drop for me.

C3Y8SG9l.jpg

The end boss was easy enough, took Rikku for her Reraise LB in case but nobody died.

Abylim

You'll have to wait 3h for that friend again, but another chainer would probably do the trick. Iirc if Ifrit dies first, Siren buffs up and ends her turn, dispel etc etc repeat and you should be good. If you want to play it safer, you can always do 1 round of buffs and 20-30% dmg, than go all out to smash Ifrit etc...

Yeah, they kill some of my guys after my first turn of just buffing.

I think I just need some TMR's

Limit

Less than week old player here. Need some guidance.

I'm playing this casually. Right now I mainly want to see through the story but cannot make any further progress because of lack of strong units and/or a cohesive team. My current team consists of Warrior of light, Rikku, Exdeath (6 star), cloud of darkness, and fina (5 star). The 6 stars are enhanced to 40s and 5 stars to 60s.My other 5 star units include Ashe, Vaan, Kefka, and Ace. Soliel, king, and firion are potential 6 star units that I haven't touched at all.

I'm currently at Dirnado and at this juncture the story bosses are wiping my team except for warrior of light and rikku. And these two survive until I run out of mp for them to continue doing dmg and revive the team back. Sometimes with the right friend helper I clear out a map like it's nothing. The notification of triggering elemental chain pops up when I do massive dmg but I don't have a good grasp of how this chain is getting triggered. What is the best team setup for me to see through the story? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rixa

Care to tell your friend ID.
I and other Gafers will toss you friend requests.

You want to change Cloud of Darkness (CoD) to Ashe.

When you can, you should use resources to Ace. He is very nice unit at 6* 100lvl. (Build him as MAG main stat). Iam using Ace as my friend leader. You basically want to use 2 skills and if needed some spell. This is what your Ace (before enhancements) should use:

Wild Card (as often as you can)
Jackpot Shot (Ace Limit break, it does single target damage).

If you use my Ace you should use these skills.

Tri-Beam (aoe damage + imperil when enhanced +2)
LB Jackpot Shot
Wild Card
Support Hand (when someone is short on MP)

Forget Vaan, Soleil, Kefka. They aint worth of resources. Only thing good for Vaan now is in Vortex where there is King Mog event going on, as Vaan gives 50% bonus currency. Fina is decent healer as 6*. There are man better ones tho.

Toss your friend ID (and be sure to have room in friend list) and GAF will help you more

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
@Limit

My ID if you or anyone wanna add me - 499.321.851...have like 30 free spots , go ahead.
Otherwise, Rixa said it all more or less xD
I'd say up to about the 7th zone (minus bosses and annoying objectives). One world is a bunch of the tombstones, and while hp seems pretty low, the mobs if given a chance actually start to hurt. Overall, I felt like all the zones were pretty easy, with bosses being a big jump and the final boss being a LARGE leap (it's like doing pro than elt on some of the events), he can and will kill those unprepared, outside of that I don't think you'll have any issues.
They are all very easy, only the 10th map final boss can be challenging.

Thanks, sounds good to me i will try to clear a chunk of those stages tomorrow.
Lets see if i can upgrade Firions Awakenings after im done with all Missions heh.

bonkeng

@Limit

My ID if you or anyone wanna add me - 499.321.851...have like 30 free spots , go ahead.
Otherwise, Rixa said it all more or less xD

Thanks, sounds good to me i will try to clear a chunk of those stages tomorrow.
Lets see if i can upgrade Firions Awakenings after im done with all Missions heh.

Hey, I sent you an fr. I hope you won't go AWOL again lol.

Rixa

Friend ID: 778.211.871

Will level up Ace. Thanks for the info.

You got friend request :).

Also if you have _any_ other Lapis (premium) gacha units. Please tell so we can tell are they worth something or just to collect dust in inventory.

cw_sasuke

Hey, I sent you an fr. I hope you won't go AWOL again lol.

Thanks man,
yes i dont see myself leaving anytime soon - been playing quite a bit the last couple weeks to catch up again. Really like it so far and the fact that they give out TM Moogles more regularly means that you can max TMs even without non-stop farming/macros. Sure takes a bit longer but still better than how it used to be.

Only regret is the bunch of event exclusive Gear i missed out on - if you miss out on some of these elemental weapons it can really limit your weapon/chaining options lol.
Then again im still trying to get my Setzer Chains working...if i get it done by tomorrow ill try Gilga Trial with it.

Rixa

Thanks man,
yes i dont see myself leaving anytime soon - been playing quite a bit the last couple weeks to catch up again. Really like it so far and the fact that they give out TM Moogles more regularly means that you can max TMs even without non-stop farming/macros. Sure takes a bit longer but still better than how it used to be.

Btw. Do Expeditions too :p. Send your not used units there. It seems we get 100 Lapis 1 tix per week and then every other week is hp pots and every other week 5% moogle.

_IF_ you get 120 relic per week. Its quite easy but one needs to be active.

cw_sasuke

Btw. Do Expeditions too :p. Send your not used units there. It seems we get 100 Lapis 1 tix per week and then every other week is hp pots and every other week 5% moogle.

_IF_ you get 120 relic per week. Its quite easy but one needs to be active.

Oh yeah i have all 4 Expeditions run active like all the time.
First i thought it was just a nice way to get some common items and level some of your units...but those Weekly rewards and the Adventure Gear you can craft with them really good.

Thats a cool feature. for sure.

damn, i got distracted and forgot to check the emulator..
and killed genji without using the limit...
ffs... 40 stam down the drain...
tuffy can you keep your noctis?
i'll try again in 3 hours when your helper refresh :|

Rixa

Oh yeah i have all 4 Expeditions run active like all the time.
First i thought it was just a nice way to get some common items and level some of your units...but those Weekly rewards and the Adventure Gear you can craft with them really good.

Thats a cool feature. for sure.

Yes it is great feature, we need HP pots so many. Also Iam hoping they really manage to bring coop to BE :).

NomarTyme

I got a question for the people that have fought the robot trial...is it more than 3 consecutive use of water attacks he will use his strongest attack or you only get to use 3 water attacks and that is all?

robotuw

I'm playing this casually. Right now I mainly want to see through the story but cannot make any further progress because of lack of strong units and/or a cohesive team. My current team consists of Warrior of light, Rikku, Exdeath (6 star), cloud of darkness, and fina (5 star). The 6 stars are enhanced to 40s and 5 stars to 60s. My other 5 star units include Ashe, Vaan, Kefka, and Ace. Soliel, king, and firion are potential 6 star units that I haven't touched at all.

I'm currently at Dirnado and at this juncture the story bosses are wiping my team except for warrior of light and rikku. And these two survive until I run out of mp for them to continue doing dmg and revive the team back. Sometimes with the right friend helper I clear out a map like it's nothing. The notification of triggering elemental chain pops up when I do massive dmg but I don't have a good grasp of how this chain is getting triggered. What is the best team setup for me to see through the story? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Welcome! The first things most new players should be working on is getting through the story (which you're doing) and getting a full team of max lvl 6*s. Since you're hitting a wall in the story I'd say switch to leveling your team for a bit. The exp vortex is always available but not usually the most efficient way to get exp. You need to take a single unit by itself and bring a friend unit who can carry them through the vortex for you. Instead of that though you should try doing the mog king event. Every 100 of the mote currency will let you buy a cactuar you can fuse into a unit for exp. Be sure to bring any bonus units (Ashe, Vaan, dupes are allowed) you have to increase the currency that drops. It's better to focus on getting one character to max level than spreading out the rewards to the whole team, since one strong character can typically carry everyone else.

As for team composition, the ones you are using now are pretty solid. Ashe, Ace, and Firion are also worth your time, probably in that order. Since your team seems to be magic-focused be sure to get the mag +10% recipe from a silver chest in the Miranda Coast exploration at the start of Dirnado.

Chaining is...kinda complex and you don't need to chain at all to get through the story content so I wouldn't worry about it for now. The basic idea is you need to have attacks come consecutively from different characters. If one character hits an enemy twice in a row before another one does, or takes too long, the chain breaks. Elemental chain is when attacks with the same element chain together. The most reliable way to chain is to use characters who have attacks with many hits and similar timing to their attacks. Rikku and Ashe have the best chain moves of the units you listed, though I'm not sure if they can chain with each other effectively.

If you want more in-depth guides check out the GAF playbook and the Exvius wiki in the OP. Both are super helpful.

Lastly, if you want more strong friends just share your code and we'll be happy to add you. We've got some crazy strong people here that can carry you through basically every story mission, and even a lot of the trials.

guys, can i propose something useful?
lot of times people (like me XD) ask for advice on char build..
I would encourage anyone that would be bothered to:
1) go to http://www.ffbedb.com/tool/unit-calculator
2) define a build
3a) save it, and send a pm to the topic creator
3b) add the link to a google spreadsheet that we can define online were just a few people can edit (again, topic creator? few others? just to avoid random joe dirtying the spreadhseet)

e.g.
Aileen - Pre Aigalon
http://bit.ly/2voPcQ5
Note: Variation for accessory: Champion Belt instead of Bracer
Variation for Materia: Best choice is "Wisdom", Second Choice "Quick Assault", Third Choice "Generic 30% atk"
Variation For Accessory: Genji Glove is Bis, if you have them change the Dual Wield materia with another 30% atk materia variant

Would this be useful ffbe-gaf?

I'm playing this casually. Right now I mainly want to see through the story but cannot make any further progress because of lack of strong units and/or a cohesive team. My current team consists of Warrior of light, Rikku, Exdeath (6 star), cloud of darkness, and fina (5 star). The 6 stars are enhanced to 40s and 5 stars to 60s.My other 5 star units include Ashe, Vaan, Kefka, and Ace. Soliel, king, and firion are potential 6 star units that I haven't touched at all.

heya limit :)
weren't you playing like dragon blaze or fwt?
anyway...
wol and rikku are beastly unit when properly geared..
ace is serviceable, but will require some investment..
exdeath.. well if you have ace, you will soon drop him..
as of now i would invest into
wol (tank)
rikku (healer)
ashe (damage//support)
ace (damage// mana battery // elemental debuffer)
?? (for now exdeath, as you will be able to spam elemental spells with three mage, but as you get more gear, firion is a better fit for this spot)

the only issue i see with your currently available units is that you have a lot of mages dps//dps-y support but little melee horsepower..
unfortunately as is, ffbe global is not friendly on mages, so you will have an harsh start, but ultimately once you drop a few more units stuff will even out a bit..
notably a good 4* phys dps is chizuru if you manage to get her, as her tmr is also quite good..
the good part.. you have one of the best tank (wol) and a godly healer (rikku).. try to pour all your LB pots (item that will boost her limit burst level) into rikku :)

my advice is that you start by adding exivius gaf as friends and let us plough through the things for you..
Lot of exivius gaffer have strong units that can carry you through elt content (i can share a close to bis olive, missing like 30 atk from bis), or some "niche" builds that can carry you through content that will give you a VERY nice early boost (e.g. valentus and tuffymon can carry you through some trial like espers and gilgamesh to get some stuff which will serve you for a LONG time)..

just drop your ffbe global id and we can add you :)

second level of advice: the pulling..
this games has its own downside in the abysmall rate for the "proper" 5* natural characters..
the current banners are
1) ffbe stuff: is quite lackluster, as the "main" draw was lunera that turned out a poor "unenhanced ramza" upgrade, but unenhanced ramza is terrible so no dice here :)
2) ffxii stuff: you already have ashe... rasler is only good for his tmr, rest is un-necessary... you can technically do a few pulls in the ffxii banner for zagrabonzo-whateverhe'scalled, but i would rather pool your resources and hope to get something in the upcoming nier automata banner..
learn a lesson from us f2p.. you don't chase a 5*, you hope to get something decent (for tmr) and if a 5* comes, it's an added value :)
don't chase the 5* unless you're a whale, as valentus has proven over and over, a lot of the content can be beaten with the proper 4* units setup :)

Prototype

Hey man, welcome to the world of FFBE! You'll find tons of help from the guys here. Just make sure to log in everyday and always be working towards something.

My friend code is - 367, 125, 878 name is Winter.
Right now I'm sharing Zargabartfast for the Henne mines mission (100% bonus) bus usually I'll have 900+ Atk Orlando up. Should really help you clear some content : )

Feel free to add me, but make sure to put either GAF or Reddit in your profile message, and I'll add you.

Read the starter guides and you'll get in the swing of things pretty quickly. Good luck!!!

Syntsui

Just saw that we can actually berserk bosses. If they don't put a resistance on Aiagon it will be pretty easy to cheese him with WoL, Wilhelm or even Snow.

tuffymon

damn, i got distracted and forgot to check the emulator..
and killed genji without using the limit...
ffs... 40 stam down the drain...
tuffy can you keep your noctis?
i'll try again in 3 hours when your helper refresh :|

yep, going to sleep now~ gl on the next one (least you got rank xp, so its not a total lose right?)

Just saw that we can actually berserk bosses. If they don't put a resistance on Aiagon it will be pretty easy to cheese him with WoL, Wilhelm or even Snow.

ya, i posted it a page? back i think, interesting concept, but will it get fixed, and can you keep it up for the duration of the fight~ be interesting either way, the man few cared about helps cheese the trial no-one should win.

robotuw

ya, i posted it a page? back i think, interesting concept, but will it get fixed, and can you keep it up for the duration of the fight~ be interesting either way, the man few cared about helps cheese the trial no-one should win.

Whoever discovered this should have kept quiet about it until Aigaon was released. Now they'll patch it out before we can abuse it.

Ken

Any JP players know if Robot's "instakill highest attack target" takes into account stat buffs like a Ramza song or Tillith buff?

Visceir

Any JP players know if Robot's "instakill highest attack target" takes into account stat buffs like a Ramza song or Tillith buff?

It does. Had constantly a different unit being targeted on my run, once someone got KO'd they didnt have buffs and were lower in atk than the others.

Rixa

Drive by posting. 3x Rikku (tm team) and 2x Locke and 135 nrg used.

After first Giancryst drop, I was after Heavicrysts, still need 2 of them.
This was first time me to use Lockes (2x 5* 80 lvl). Compared to all the earlier runs I was seemingly getting more shit than earlier.

Damn, somehow I convinced myself (not really) that Gummi was going to give me my first free daily rainbow as a birthday present but....Sabin :| Anyone else get funny feeling when you pull at certain hours that it might have been different if you waited until later? I did the pull a n hour or two after the daily reset and fell like I should have waited until around this time frame or a little later haha Superstition trying to set in.

Holy crap! How did I not notice that Laswell's armor is a better atk light armor option than black belt gi??? I've been clamoring for Ramzu for the Brave Suit as it was the only upgrade for Noctis but now I see this and yesterday's daily was Lawrence who has a poor man's Brave Suit haha didn't know about these two armors. Laswell's is a little lower stats than Lawrence's but one needs to be TM farmed and the other doesn't. I need to look into the "Training the Soul" event. I put it off because I haven't taken any of the main FFBE units to 6* yet, is any of it do-able with those units being max 5*?

How did it go?

I set it all up and it's ready to go but didn't run it last night since you need so much NRG for the story event and as it's the weekend, I actually have my phone on me to play more often. I'll either do it tonight or tomorrow night at the latest and am excited to test it out. It should be so much more efficient!

Vashetti

Banned
Damn, somehow I convinced myself (not really) that Gummi was going to give me my first free daily rainbow as a birthday present but....Sabin :| Anyone else get funny feeling when you pull at certain hours that it might have been different if you waited until later? I did the pull a n hour or two after the daily reset and fell like I should have waited until around this time frame or a little later haha Superstition trying to set in.

Holy crap! How did I not notice that Laswell's armor is a better atk light armor option than black belt gi??? I've been clamoring for Ramzu for the Brave Suit as it was the only upgrade for Noctis but now I see this and yesterday's daily was Lawrence who has a poor man's Brave Suit haha didn't know about these two armors. Laswell's is a little lower stats than Lawrence's but one needs to be TM farmed and the other doesn't. I need to look into the "Training the Soul" event. I put it off because I haven't taken any of the main FFBE units to 6* yet, is any of it do-able with those units being max 5*?

Lasswell's accessory from Training the Soul is a 15% ATK item too.

Doctor_No

Lunera is a pretty awesome Chainer. Her Aureole Ray is 20-hits (30-hits when she is enhanced later). The downside is that she basically only chains with herself given that she hits so fast and that its a Wind+Light dual element.

Note: the damage isn't representative as my Lunera (and the one I'm chaining with) has very low MAG and is purely built for SPR singing.

This was done by macro, but I've tested without and still got chains into the mid-30s. Basically the hits are so fast that you basically only get deducted for your delay, but everything chains.

bSm5qvK.gif

Lyrian

Drive by posting. 3x Rikku (tm team) and 2x Locke and 135 nrg used.

After first Giancryst drop, I was after Heavicrysts, still need 2 of them.
This was first time me to use Lockes (2x 5* 80 lvl). Compared to all the earlier runs I was seemingly getting more shit than earlier.

That's insanely lucky. Even more so because you are not using Xons.

Lockes = increased chance for a chest to drop
Xons = increased chance for rare/bonus loot to drop

T4s are the bonus drops from the last wave. To get two of them at base rates is fairly insane on one energy bar.

Syntsui

Fully enhanced Lunera is incredible, just used one as a friend on JP. She had around 600SPR only but it was enough to heal 2k HP/120MP every turn on top of the 90% buff.

Kouriozan

Conspiracy theory :
Gumi is adding 2 units to the Nier event because they know 9S TM is too good, and adding another 4* unit would make people having to pull more to get him.

Top Bottom