• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

wilstreak

free pull got me Trance Terra.
so happy, now i feel bad using all my minituar for Bran (WTF do i think at the time. lulz)

and damn she need 30 Black Giancryst for full enhancement.

LucaMac

[JP I'm definitely going to be able to beat the robot in Japan. However I'm half an hour in and I've only got the left arm down to 50% for the first time...see you next year.

I have a pretty much invulnerable set up though. Eiko (keeps spamming dispellga, summon when possible for extra damage) Lunera (Enhanced - just sings) Rikku (actually pointless unfortunately) Onion Knight (Just spams 45 mp ability on the left arm each turn) WOL (not fully enhanced - provokes, dies and reraises) Friend CG Fina (dualcast reraise on WOL and full heal the rest of the party)...and that's it. Thinking about dropping out to replace Rikku for more damage as CG Fina makes her irrelevant...but if I just keep pressing repeat I'll he there I guess.

c-murph

so happy, now i feel bad using all my minituar for Bran (WTF do i think at the time. lulz)

Congrats! I think I have around 15 in storage becuase I don't have any characters that use that cryst.

Doctor_No

Anyone with 2 (or more) Tidus, are you bothering to level up the second one's LB at all? I'm thinking not but haven't awakened him yet, since Brotherhood 2 will probably live on Luneth and he can take the turn while the 1st one LB's to use Jecht Shot or Blitz Mania.

I have only one Tidus with his LB at lv25, the rest I haven't touched their LB. Once you break the enemies by -100% resistance suing his LB the next turn you would want to be chaining Quick Hits. I would have all your Tidus carry Brotherhood if you are planning of utilizing his LB.

HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON
MY LUCK THIS MONTH IS ABSURD!!!

I did the daily and got Helena then I thought ''these 9 tickets are not nice, let me round them up to 5''. On the very first ticket... BOOM

http://i.imgur.com/5a2TBOd.png
This was my fourth rainbow this month, the second non troll, OMG.

Congrats! You are on a roll right now!

She's actually really awesome. Her Elven Song is solid, and I might still use her over Ramza when he's enhanced depending on the situation; if I need healing output or I'm using units that use a ton of MP per turn.

I've been using her Aureole Ray in Arena the last few days, and with the whole team AoE attacking she spark chains pretty much every move randomly as its a superfast 20hit move.

Great unit!

Very nice! Congrats! TT is a pillar for me in Arena. I have two of her set with near 100% evade and I haven't lost a single arena match in over a month.

Celegus

I have only one Tidus with his LB at lv25, the rest I haven't touched their LB. Once you break the enemies by -100% resistance suing his LB the next turn you would want to be chaining Quick Hits. I would have all your Tidus carry Brotherhood if you are planning of utilizing his LB.

Really wish I had a Camille! Luneth and 2 Tidus would preferably all have water weapons, but only have 2 Brotherhood so I was just going to use Jecht Shot on the second when the first one uses LB so that they'll all have water element. Since the LB damage itself isn't anything to write home about, I'll just awaken the second one now (still have all my moogle coins to use).

Daily was blue > gold, Amelia #2. I guess I can toss her some cactuars if I have extra sometime for more chaining options.

Nice! Enhancements are a loooong ways off for us, but they do look quite good. She's the only rainbow I've ever gotten from a daily as well!

Pejo

Grats on the pulls there Syntsui and Wilstreak!

Finally decided to try that new Cid trial. Easy peasy with Tidus. I (like a dumbass) used Deprotect to screw myself out of the Nethicite on my first run, so I had to do it twice.

I don't care that everyone seems to hate Zargobaath, he's my freaking MVP. 60% buffs and decent damage, and all kinds of utility on top of that. I hope his AoE buff gets enhancements down the road so I never have to use Ramza.

Doctor_No

Really wish I had a Camille! Luneth and 2 Tidus would preferably all have water weapons, but only have 2 Brotherhood so I was just going to use Jecht Shot on the second when the first one uses LB so that they'll all have water element. Since the LB damage itself isn't anything to write home about, I'll just awaken the second one now (still have all my moogle coins to use).

I just hit with Quick Hit when my other is hitting with his LB. His LB is 16 hits so it elemental chains fine, but not perfectly (chaining Tidus is always a bit tricky). Or I just use 'Get Pumped' to prepare them up for the chains to come.

You won't really need to be using his LB too often as the -100% water imperil last a good 5 turns. Once you have it on your target you can spam two Tidus on him. Most bosses will not survive two Tidus whaling on it for 5 turns with 100% Imperil.

A Camille TM for each of your Tidus' isn't a bad idea either.

wilstreak

Just realized something, what's up with Aranea in JP.
Famitsu give her score 14 which is even higher than Onion, and Cloud.
But Altema giver her score 92 which put her as slightly better than Lightning and Chizuru.

Congrats! I think I have around 15 in storage becuase I don't have any characters that use that cryst.

Very nice! Congrats! TT is a pillar for me in Arena. I have two of her set with near 100% evade and I haven't lost a single arena match in over a month.

Nice! Enhancements are a loooong ways off for us, but they do look quite good. She's the only rainbow I've ever gotten from a daily as well!

Thank you guys. Now gonna work on black giancryst

Alkez

Grinding out story events in GL and JP while I watch the last ever Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tournament at Evo. Not going to lie, I don't really enjoy story events. I like the story parts but I just find them long to do.

Also Federer is the goat.

across

Just realized something, what's up with Aranea in JP.
Famitsu give her score 14 which is even higher than Onion, and Cloud.
But Altema giver her score 92 which put her as slightly better than Lightning and Chizuru.
Altema and Famitsu are both user-curated wikis IIRC, which means you're relying on people to give correct/good information. Practically speaking the unit rankings have vanishingly little value for the GL playerbase; look up units you're interested in on the Reddit wiki and draw your own conclusions. There's still some good information for future events and things like upcoming Star Quartz vendors there... though the former tend to change for GL and the latter is also on the subreddit, so...

I believe Shouta here on GAF has called the value of Altema into question a few times and I know the JP players on the FFBE subreddit tend to savage it when it gets used as any sort of argument or yardstick.

Thank you guys. Now gonna work on black giancryst

Toss me a FR if you want - 755,040,092 - I'm not sharing her right now but I have a decently stacked Trance Terra in my back pocket in case content ever comes out that requires her. She's not a common share, for obvious reasons...

Kouriozan

JP players often say that Altema ranking is weird, like they took a long time to upgrade Randi's score after enhancement just because he is a limited unit.

Kouriozan

Altema users hate CG Jake as well. 93/100

I2f3Cnb.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't overall pay too much attention to either. I still think the idea of numerical rankings turns it into crap. It's a lot of game ratings, the more complex the rating system, the more it feels like it becomes nitpicking rather than just saying if the character is usable or not. I liked what Val did with the excel here, with the S A B C... ratings. Sort of like movie reviews or game reviews that are like "Full Price, Matinee, Rental, Avoid"

Though, I guess all of them do relatively the same without saying it, but I view ranking systems should be specifically targeted at novice to mid range. Anyone whose been playing the game for a year already, should have enough knowledge to make decisions on their own, or better to say, they should be the types using discussion rather than a singular rating system.

Visceir

[JP] Elfried banner arrived. Spent my last four 4* tickets out of which the last one gave me...queen. Then did two 5k which finally got me Elfried.

Got 3 Clouds and 2 Elfried now. Together the TMs make 400% TDH -- which means I could make two Clouds with 300% TDH...or any other future unit with innate 100% TDH.

Glad I've got these new toys to play around with. Lots of new possibilities and options.

Kouriozan

I'm thinking of skipping Onion Knight, even more if Noctis gets buffed around that time, will try to get Ayaka and then wait for 3% rainbow rate.
Need to think about it, maybe if Japan gets Onion Knight enhancements before he's released here will help me decide.

I'm thinking of skipping Onion Knight, even more if Noctis gets buffed around that time, will try to get Ayaka and then wait for 3% rainbow rate.
Need to think about it, maybe if Japan gets Onion Knight enhancements before he's released here will help me decide.

Woah! Totally didn't think you'd flip like that!

Ayaka is on the top of my list of characters to pull hard for down the road. Basch is now on that list too. I feel like if I can keep obtaining the #1 healers and tanks, I'll be able to just wing it with the damage units. That said, I do have Orlandu and Tidus so I'm not so concerned about pulling big damage characters.

Kouriozan

Yeah I'm an hardcore hoarder, I do want to maximise the chances to get good stuff though.
As long as event are doable I'm in no urge to pull.

Syntsui

Aranea is probably the most powerful self independent unit, but don't count on her to finish anything. Dragoons need some tweaks to work properly >.>

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Setzer MvP - Damn just beat Gilga and Dark Siren/Ifrit back2back. Did a couple 1 stamina testruns to get the timing right with my squad and then went for it.

Messed up my first attempt but Gilga only killed one Edgar ...so i gave it another go - was enough to one shit him with only one Edgar. With Frit/Siren it worked on the first attempt, so good.

Genji Blade, ATK+30%, Bushido, Ifrits Claw, Large Sword Mastery, Siren Robe are mine. What a time to be alive.

Also its been a longtime sine ive had any real use for Lightning, but now im glad that i bought Thunderfall for her back then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats!
Did you know about the training dummy in the Farplane? It's a free battle to test some stuff, check the top left shrine on the map.

Oh i didnt know about that - thanks...perfect will check that out later.
I just did a couple Earth Shrine Exit runs...3 battles for 1 stamina, so i thankfully didnt waste too much on it.

Alkez

Anyone whose been playing the game for a year already, should have enough knowledge to make decisions on their own, or better to say, they should be the types using discussion rather than a singular rating system.

You say this but the majority of people here have played since day 1 and only a few people in this thread are ever open to any kind of discussion. After the backlash from my "GL Aileen can go over the 300% attack cap without exceed rings" post I learned to not post theory crafting discussions here, because it's less about how long people have played or the level they're at and more just the type of people they are. And most players aren't interested in doing anything outside of what JP says is viable. There's not really anything wrong with that though.

I'm thinking of skipping Onion Knight

How comes? You've waited so long :/

Lyrian

And most players aren't interested in doing anything outside of what JP says is viable. There's not really anything wrong with that though.

QFT.

You can't win one way or the other on that. Far too many people simply expect Global to be exactly like JP and protest anytime there's the slightest deviation from how JP received a piece of content.

I've long stopped caring too much into the "meta", because all that really entails is "how JP did this" and nothing more and ignores a very significant portion of the units in the game.

I'll do things my own damn way, TYVM.

Lyrian

So, NieR or Global exclusive content next week?

Can't be NieR, as Mog King will be in cooldown week.

Expecting story release week or some other exclusive one-off one-week event to stall things out for Global.

Expecting NieR as soon as the free daily summons for the anniversary stops, so the week thereafter.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Expecting story release week or some other exclusive one-off one-week event to stall things out for Global.

Expecting NieR as soon as the free daily summons for the anniversary stops, so the week thereafter.

Nier will be on the 28th or following week.

There was one thing they brought up which I could see it kick back, since they are bringing back Arianna again.

You say this but the majority of people here have played since day 1 and only a few people in this thread are ever open to any kind of discussion. After the backlash from my "GL Aileen can go over the 300% attack cap without exceed rings" post I learned to not post theory crafting discussions here, because it's less about how long people have played or the level they're at and more just the type of people they are. And most players aren't interested in doing anything outside of what JP says is viable. There's not really anything wrong with that though.

I feel theorycraft is different than just a pure discussion. I typically don't do theorycraft anymore, due to the large amount of time I spent on it between SWG, WoW, EvE, and more. Theory Craft to me is Excel spread sheets!

I do feel like after a certain time, these rankings aren't going to tell you much versus just asking other people. This character work with this one? This strategy is not working? These items should make sense for him? Basically, at a point your own ideas should start to flourish at how to proceed, rather than just reading a guide.

I know I've already stated my disdain for the strategies that are literally a step by step process, but I also recognize I have my uses for them too. I would have no figured out Echnida's Flare if it wasn't for reading one, but I do feel like if it didn't cost 40NRG per fight, I'd care a bit more. Heh.

Xion86

Ended up using some of my Trust Moogles to boost Rasler's TM to 100%! This one is going straight on my Warrior of Light:

eicNVU2l.png

Now time to decide which single unit I want to get from 0-100% next...(I usually get one unit to 100% which I only have 1 or 2 of, then use the rest of the slots for fusing). Edit: Realised I had another Shine, so that was a no brainier.

I also managed to clear up A Promise Beyond Time today which had some nice rewards.

c-murph

Pretty much similar to my plan. Ayaka. Dark Veritas, Wind Veritas. Would like Cloud but I can hold off. I already got enough 5*s and TMs to make whatever team I need. Ayaka and D.Veritas are just overkill for me. Maybe a couple ticket pulls for Neir because Waifu/Husbando.

Ken

C'mon bro. You are the GAF Onion Knight!!

c-murph

Setzer MvP - Damn just beat Gilga and Dark Siren/Ifrit back2back. Did a couple 1 stamina testruns to get the timing right with my squad and then went for it.

Messed up my first attempt but Gilga only killed one Edgar ...so i gave it another go - was enough to one shit him with only one Edgar. With Frit/Siren it worked on the first attempt, so good.

Genji Blade, ATK+30%, Bushido, Ifrits Claw, Large Sword Mastery, Siren Robe are mine. What a time to be alive.

Also its been a longtime sine ive had any real use for Lightning, but now im glad that i bought Thunderfall for her back then.

I still don't know why I haven't beat the Dark Espers. I have several Edgars, two Setzers, Two 100% evade Lightnings and a 90% Evade Tidus... I must be able to tackle them by now.

Ended up using some of my Trust Moogles to boost Rasler's TM to 100%! This one is going straight on my Warrior of Light:

eicNVU2l.png

Now time to decide which single unit I want to get from 0-100% next...(I usually get one unit to 100% which I only have 1 or 2 of, then use the rest of the slots for fusing). Edit: Realised I had another Shine, so that was a no brainier.

I also managed to clear up A Promise Beyond Time today which had some nice rewards.

Sohze No.2, Rasler and Ashes x3 are currently around 40%. Was tempted to use a couple 5% on each of them but I'm holding out. Wanting to get my WoL's HP up to 9999. I have two Hilldiggers (30%) and Emperor's Majesty (20%), 15% HP and two Arsha's Talisman on him. I think his HP is around 99XX. I wanted a second Rasler instead of Sohze's TM but what can you do?

Basically waiting for his Enhancements to drop. I already have all the crysts needed to Enhance all his skills on day one.

Also, have enough Crysts to max out all of the enhancements on one of my DKC too!

Kouriozan

Man, why Golbez can't have his 6* yet, really want to use it, I remember hard pulling for this dude on his banner (Kefka/Golbez/Chizuru) and got too much Kefka before him.

Ken

NieR is raid summons though?

I really want NieR while Lunera banner is active, but the reality is probably that we'll get some trash "Robot Vanquishers" banner next week.

tuffymon

Sohze No.2, Rasler and Ashes x3 are currently around 40%. Was tempted to use a couple 5% on each of them but I'm holding out. Wanting to get my WoL's HP up to 9999. I have two Hilldiggers (30%) and Emperor's Majesty (20%), 15% HP and two Arsha's Talisman on him. I think his HP is around 99XX. I wanted a second Rasler instead of Sohze's TM but what can you do?

you CAN go over 10k, even if that's now how it worked in like every ff game

Lyrian

NieR is raid summons though?

I really want NieR while Lunera banner is active, but the reality is probably that we'll get some trash "Robot Vanquishers" banner next week.

/facepalm

You're right. No clue what I was thinking. Still don't expect it to show up while free pulls are occuring. Especially, as it was not mentioned in the Anniversary announcements (this week's Amazing Enhancements was though).

Looking at the update schedule, I can't really see what they can slot in here. It has to be a story week, as the next raid is either FF11 or Nier (but Nier was already revealed, so it must be the next raid). Mog is on cooldown, so nothing there.

What exactly would be on a "Robot Vanquishers" banner? How many units have innate machine killer on global? Olive, Aileen, um... Edgar via TMR, and who? I guess that would be an opportunity for a global exclusive banner, but I think that's a pretty big stretch to make a reality.

tuffymon

What exactly would be on a "Robot Vanquishers" banner? How many units have innate machine killer on global? Olive, Aileen, um... Edgar via TMR, and who? I guess that would be an opportunity for a global exclusive banner, but I think that's a pretty big stretch to make a reality.

Not looking good outside of global exclusives...

King Giott
Black Cat Lid
Summer Lid
Lid

Visceir

Aileen has machine killer, but so does 2B from Nier banner (the highest machine killer). If A2 or Eve come with auto-raise then that could pretty much be a "robokiller" banner.

Been thinking about making Snow a primary part of my arsenal. I'm a big fan of draw attack tanks and don't have Wilhelm on GL, Snow would work alright, I imagine. It's a shame GL doesn't have red nose or any other equips that increase innate draw attacks. If I could push his innate to 70% somehow then that would def solidify my choice.

Shouta

Did a 10+1 on the Elfried banner to get try and get her but nothing. Dammit JP. Choice banner but not even one of them for me. >=(

I've pointed out several times that JP ranking sites have quite a bit of user-input to them and that affects the rankings rather than proper analysis. They should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ken

It doesn't have to make sense!

Muku

Whew, took a while, but got Cid fight done. Only thing I didn't get was use Waterga. But considering I got everything I wanted this morning from Mog King before doing it, I don't care about the Motes. Anything I get from here on in is for 6* mats or maybe Powercryst.

First couple of tries brought Xon. This time though nixed him since didn't feel like the buff was worth the steal. Plus, gave me the chance at 5 or less requirement. Which I got. Win.

Edit: LOL Helen just got dogged on Valentus' video. Loved it.

Top Bottom