• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

tuffymon

Zargabaath 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK+10%Evasion
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4300 MP:6000 ATK:1500 DEF:2300 MAG:5300 SPR:3100
Total Stats: HP: 5282 MP: 317 ATK: 393 DEF: 299 MAG: 264 SPR: 241

While lowering the attack a little, you could swap a quick assault for a first strike and give him even more countering.

Doctor_No

You're making me kinda want her. I think it'll depend on what the banner (if there is one) this week is. I haven't bought lapis since March for Orlandu (which blessedly only took two extra 10+1 pulls... for a total of three). That coincided with my birthday, only cost me $15, and I don't plan on starting again. But I could toss tickets... we'll see, though.

In TM news: I should have another Arsha's Talisman and my third Quick Assault tomorrow, and then I'll work on some Ingii. I'll likely just moogle Fry to 100 if she's needed for Robot.

I've gotta work on more defensive and +LB TMs, but Fry's thirsty...

Personally, there are probably better units in the near future that would be a better investment. I would hold on and wait for that. Also, I should stand as a testament as to the dangers of hard-pulling.

That said, she is a great unit both as a support and a magic attacker. As a support buffer she'll be outclassed soon by Ramza's enhancements, but her HP & MP healing output is around double Ramza's and when she gets her enchantments a long way from now she will be pretty amazing.

As a magic attacker she is fun. Those rapid succession 20-hits is fun to use in Arena. If you throw a bunch of random AoEs at enemies sparks fly. It makes quick work of enemies as long as they don't have high light resistance. She also goes pretty well with Ashe and Fohlen.

But in terms of an attackers, units like Fryevia, Orlandeau, Tidus et al- single target, single element chainers are probably much more practical.

5 Luneras from JP (I believe only one of them is enhanced):
1PqCV8g.gif

I just realized I really need some more equips to make my mages more powerful. I've woefully neglected them...can only get Lunera up to 700 or so.

Is her TM worth using moogles on straight up?

With her Bow, her BiS build gets her around 935 MAG right now. Whenever her enhancements hits she gets a massive +150% MAG/SPR with bow. Which means you're going to hit that 300% mag passive fairly easily (You can hit around 260% even before enhancements).

Personally I'm just slowly farming her TM via macro.

You can get her to around 988 MAG right now with dual rod build. But given the insane TM requirements (dual Mateus's Mace, Rainbow Robe, Dark Bond, etc) her own bow is easily the best, and cheapest, choice (plus you get Demon killer built in her bow).

What is really nice about her is that she doesn't really need rare 5* TMs to get her incredibly strong. Her own bow, Siren's Robe, Cat Ear Hood, 4 Shantotto TMs (or equivalent), and two decent magical accessories (Earrings/Magistral Crest) gets you near or above 900 MAG.

Syntsui

Here is a good example of how cheap it is to build a very strong Lunera (with enhanced passives):

ypaxVXs.png

91BUht7.png

You literally just need her bow + the usual event gear + four Papalymo's TM to get something close to this.

EDarkness

Two different elements are bad but one non elemental and one elemental is just fine. If the enemy has a resistance to the element, you're going to do poor damage to them. At least if it's a strong trial or final event boss enemy. It's better to equip a weaker weapon without the element they resist than to use a much stronger weapon with an element they resist. I for example took Brotherhood off of Tidus for Cid and used Enhancer which is shite in comparison as a weapon for him but it worked significantly better for that encounter.

Thanks for the information. I'll have to think about what to do with this information in the future. I'm looking at different weapons for my crew and with so many elemental weapons out there, I wasn't sure how that worked.

Lyrian

Fascinating Reddit Thread On Actual Datamined T4 Drop Rates in the Story Event

Common drop on all bosses is at 100% chance, so Lockes are useless.

Rare drops:

-- Stage 7/8: Game makes 4 rolls (1 for each cryst) at 16% chance each, until 1 drops (or none at all if unlucky).

Odds: 1 - (1-0.16)^4 = 50.20% chance of a T4 drop

-- Stage 9/10: Similar logic, but chance of each cryst is 25%.

Odds: 1 - (1-0.25)^4 = 68.36% chance of a T4 drop

Reddit is reporting that Xons DO affect these odds
(the question still is if additively or multiplictively). One Xon boosts the odds to 66% and 84% respectively. Three or more come close to almost a practical guarantee.

EDIT: Reading the comments, the linear table for stacking Xon odds is likely the correct one and not the exponential stacking table.

NomarTyme

I got two Xon, and I say I've been getting giantcryst about half the time. I probably ran through the story(The Promise one) about 10 to 12 times already.

Also the story been great for T3 crystals.

Syntsui

What I can say is, in only 1 run out of 6/7 so far I didn't get a Giancryst with Xon in my party. On JP I'm still waiting to get my first Giancryst with a similar amount of runs without the Raven Manteau, so yeah Xon is a thing.

Doctor_No

I've built four Xon's to Lv100. I should try it out. Honestly, I haven't seen a big difference in Chamber of Gems running 4 Xons.

Edit: Seems to work based on my small sample. Ran 08 (85NRG) 4 times. Got T4 Giancryst 3 out of the 4 runs. Meaning that it isn't 99% with four Xons as that Reddit post suggests. Still much more efficient than running Chamber and cheaper than Mog King for T4.

tuffymon

The Henne Mines event is going to end this Friday isn't it? Are Zwill Crossblades and Zodiac Spear worth purchasing?

Both are if you can afford it, but at this time the crossblades are more useful due to the 5% dodge on them. Spear is 2 handed so its uses are a bit more limited, still a great weapon for expeditions.

Prototype

The Henne Mines event is going to end this Friday isn't it? Are Zwill Crossblades and Zodiac Spear worth purchasing?
Pretty much the default answer to these kinds of questions going forward will be, are all your units equipped? Thanks to expeditions (if you're maximizing efficiency) even non-party units should be equipped as well as possible. MK pickups are perfect for this.

Syntsui

Oh my fucking God they made a banner out of the new enhancements. RIP robot killer banner, RIP Aileen, RIP NieR, RIP dailies worth a shit, RIP the entire next week.

across

I'm giving myself 2.75 out of 3 on this prediction: story, Aigaion, and a shitty GL-exclusive banner. I predicted it would be themed around Aigaion instead of enhancements, but hey, you can't win them all.

p.s. lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I get why people are laughing at the banner, but it's a good banner for new players since it has Cecil, Exdeath, and Refia. Which they probably have quite a few of after the Anni. Any of those three would make a fairly big impact. I'm seeing a lot of new players still using Fina or a max 5* has their healer.

robotuw

Huh, I just got the next week's announcements?

More story and Aigaon next week.

Gumi just trying to burn time so we don't get free dailies on any more good banners.

Interested to see if any of the enhancement abilities/costs are tweaked for this batch.

Rixa

I get why people are laughing at the banner, but it's a good banner for new players since it has Cecil, Exdeath, and Refia. Which they probably have quite a few of after the Anni. Any of those three would make a fairly big impact. I'm seeing a lot of new players still using Fina or a max 5* has their healer.

Then you pull 5 Rosa's. The troll unit, even for newbies.

Rixa

it is a pity that DKC need Brotherhood to reach 1K ATK (+ enhancement).
or so i though

Wrong thought. Bro Hood is a sword.
With BH + QA - GB - BM you get this:

Screenshot_20170719-104136.png

Also you have dual element, that is definitely not good.

Wow... on the very small plus side more story means more lapis... I guess that's a win >.>;

Yup and that stupid banner is 2 weeks long :p. Not sure if we get new banner in one week or not.

Shouta

Hmm, it looks like Cecil got new enhancements to his Saintly Wall? He got his Light Resistance and Refresh but his Proc Rate and damage mitigation while using it has increased a little bit as well. That should make him a little more usable.

Alkez

I actually thought the robot would come next week. My initial plan had Nier units so that's a bust. Will need to rework.

Slightly OT but there's a new Distant Worlds album that recently came out! It's soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!! Highly highly highly recommend seeing it live if they ever stop in your city.

It's coming to London in November. And I have tickets! Looking forward to it.

Syntsui

Hmm, it looks like Cecil got new enhancements to his Saintly Wall? He got his Light Resistance and Refresh but his Proc Rate and damage mitigation while using it has increased a little bit as well. That should make him a little more usable.
Good call, both levels increase the already very high chance/mitigation a little, so he will probably have 100% chance to defend an ally + 75% mitigation with the +2 enhancement.

There wouldn't be any need to waste turns provoking so he could focus on double casting Curaja while taking all the heavy damage. This could be incredible for bosses with no AoE/Magic attacks, which unfortunately are pretty much non existent.

tuffymon

It's coming to London in November. And I have tickets! Looking forward to it.

Lived in a place for years and years and it never showed up, moved to the middle of nowhere several states away... and ofc it comes to where i had lived... one day...~

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily: Trey

Looking at the events....guess ill be able to farm some more of Olives TM.
Donkey Kong Country is ready for tomorrow.

Needs HP pots (260/max) and 1 small SPR (25/26) pot.

Ha....the wait is finally over !!
Time for the Dark Knight to shine.

Alkez

Good call, both levels increase the already very high chance/mitigation a little, so he will probably have 100% chance to defend an ally + 75% mitigation with the +2 enhancement.

There wouldn't be any need to waste turns provoking so he could focus on double casting Curaja while taking all the heavy damage. This could be incredible for bosses with no AoE/Magic attacks, which unfortunately are pretty much non existent.

If that's the case I will enhance him without hesitation. I ain't using guard any time soon anyways.

Lived in a place for years and years and it never showed up, moved to the middle of nowhere several states away... and ofc it comes to where i had lived... one day...~

Ah man that sucks. I swear it's always the way things go as well.

tuffymon

does robot have elemental attacks? i know the attack you can debuff with water is typed but dunno about others

Also what did we all miss the bravely default banner announce for jp

https://v23.notice.exvius.com/lapis/content/201707/20170719_bdfenewunit_6g6f1qe6.html

Link on reddit with a bunch of their skills and such, its a raid event and another free unit not listed for just logging in

That's a game that's on my list that I have yet to get round to playing. Still pretty cool though.

good game, beat the first, just havent gotten around to the second, too much other stuff on my gaming plate...

ffs..
friend got this anniversary "period":
tidus (guaranteed)
tidus (daily)
friyevia (daily)
rem (daily)

in the meanwhile, my lone aileen (guaranteed) for this anniversary is screaming....

smh...

Top Bottom