• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its my first one but I dont have any room in the team for him. When i pulled for him and did not get him i wrote him off. When i was whaling it was hard to pull rainbows. Now that im not they are dropping like candy. 4 rainbows in the last 1.5 weeks lmao. Really wish i could give him to one of you.

Hah damn....first world problems xD
But i feel you...i just pulled Olive and kinda redirecting all my effort to max/level her. I dont know how i would react if would pull another Damage Dealer Rainbow now....actually im good for now and the next couple months.

Still Tidus bro....his LB animation is pretty awesome. And you will have him ready for the time we get his Ability Awakenings.

Alkez

And it happens again. 5 tickets from the raid rewards. 2 golds neither are Ashe. Last ticket is blue, gold - plz be Ashe, turns rainbow........

https://imgur.com/gallery/iKW4R

Why jesus....why?

I swear for as long as I've been a part of this thread you have had the hardest time pulling 4* bases. I still remember how hard you had to pull for Ling.

Though first Tidus is pretty awesome. Obviously you have stacked units but now you have choice. Boss has innate light weakness? Du. Innate ice weakness? Frye. Innate water weakness? Tidus. If there's one thing I've learned in this game it's that once you've built a solid main team it becomes about building solid role players that will give you the best advantages in different situations. I always think of it as a basketball team lol. You've got your starting 5, but now your bench is equally as strong which is a great position to be in.

I swear for as long as I've been a part of this thread you have had the hardest time pulling 4* bases. I still remember how hard you had to pull for Ling.

Though first Tidus is pretty awesome. Obviously you have stacked units but now you have choice. Boss has innate light weakness? Du. Innate ice weakness? Frye. Innate water weakness? Tidus. If there's one thing I've learned in this game it's that once you've built a solid main team it becomes about building solid role players that will give you the best advantages in different situations. I always think of it as a basketball team lol. You've got your starting 5, but now your bench is equally as strong which is a great position to be in.

Its insane bro! I really truly wish we could trade a unit like once a month. Id have so many give away. But you are right. Guess i will be appreciative of getting him.

Ling......the nightmares.

So I am starting up some TM farming and I think I'm going to start by getting Camille's and a few more quick assaults. Camille's blade will be very useful for my 2 Tidus as that will allow me to free up some dual Wields. Question is, what should I use my moogles on ...decisions decisions.

I have a bunch of 5* base TMs I could get/use, but I'm trying to be strategic with them and not just waste them considering I only have about 100% worth or so.

Also *Zera, what luck! I know the feeling all too well. Hope you get your Ashe soon.

[JP] Would someone be willing to put Titan as their esper please? One of the missions in the story event is summon Titan and I don't have it yet.
Was going to ask this as well. Hopefully if someone does I have you as a friend! Much appreciated!

cw_sasuke

Just realized that i probably wanna clear Gilgamesh as well as Dark Espers once more with a traditional team since i need those TM Moggles now...this would Fasttrack Sparky for Olive quite a bit.

#TeamXon ftw!

I have 4 lv.100s. I think they do something for the shit-tier crysts in the vortex. Not so much about the G-Crysts though.

Heh..i had more resources to level mine as well. If i can get the squad rolling farming those Vortex stages might not be that bad.

Doctor_No

The touch zoom trick on Android

Personally, as I use an iPhone, I've never tried it before. Though I've read about the trick on Reddit; makes me want to get an Android tablet to play this game. But I can spark chain Ultimas using macros, but I'm not really sure D. Fina's E2 Ultima actually spark in that way rather than just chain.

Personally, as I use an iPhone, I've never tried it before. Though I've read about the trick on Reddit; makes me want to get an Android tablet to play this game. But I can spark chain Ultimas using macros, but I'm not really sure D. Fina's E2 Ultima actually spark in that way rather than just chain.

Supposedly it's possible for iPhone as well. There's a few posts for the iOS guide for it on reddit as well.

I thought it worked for everything but IM not sure

I read that people were spark chaining ultima and that the trick was a gamechanger for mages

Doctor_No

Supposedly it's possible for iPhone as well. There's a few posts for the iOS guide for it on reddit as well.

My understanding was that on iOS its is not successful all the time; it works some times and doesn't work on others. It also looked really complicated, like you have to switch to low power mode, lock your phone and wait, etc. I can get Tidus to spark 100% using macros so I haven't tried it on my phone tbh. On Android it looked really simple and nice.

But I wish they made the timings simpler, where you can spark chain if you have the units and the right build, without using emulators, macros, and weird phone tricks.

I thought it worked for everything but IM not sure

I read that people were spark chaining ultima and that the trick was a gamechanger for mages

Spark chaining normal Ultimas is great, I do sometimes with macros in Arena as I usually run a team of 4-5 Ultima casting mages (though most of time time I just press 'repeat' over and over). But the video I just linked previous, did try two D. Fina's E2 Ultima with different timings, including a sped-up macro, and it didn't spark but rather became a normal chain. If someone could test it, it would be great.

bonkeng

I noticed that rainbows have been dropping like crazy since the 1st anniversary started.

How many rainbows have you guys pulled since anni?

I noticed that rainbows have been dropping like crazy since the 1st anniversary started.

You are right. I've pulled 4. Which is more than I've pulled in the last 2 or maybe 3 months.

My understanding was that on iOS its is not successful all the time; it works some times and doesn't work on others. It also looked really complicated, like you have to switch to low power mode, lock your phone and wait, etc. I can get Tidus to spark 100% using macros so I haven't tried it on my phone tbh. On Android it looked really simple and nice.

But I wish they made the timings simpler, where you can spark chain if you have the units and the right build, without using emulators, macros, and weird phone tricks.

Yeah I saw what it required and was a bit turned off. First time it made me wish I was an android user.

Niahak

1 with my free 10+1
1 guaranteed
1 daily

I have done a bunch of tickets on FFXII banner.

I suspect we're just seeing the result of free dailies meaning people get more pulls on average, and not some kind of stealth rate up, and the usual "people are more likely to post an exciting rainbow than their 5th anzelm" situation. I'd like to see that 3% rainbow rate, but I'm sure if Gumi did it they'd be announcing it rather than stealth releasing.

(I'm f2p but have been pretty lucky with rainbows - this is only slightly better than my "usual luck", given how many pulls I've been getting and the fact that one was guaranteed)

Rixa

Just realized that i probably wanna clear Gilgamesh as well as Dark Espers once more with a traditional team since i need those TM Moggles now...this would Fasttrack Sparky for Olive quite a bit.

Reddit has this tip. If you haven't done Lure of Echidna:

Reddit AKCarl said:
Just a tip for anyone who might have tried the Echidna trial before and are still struggling with it, or just need to repeat it quickly to get the esper kill with minimal fuss, Zargabaath's Archadian Light basically trivializes the fight. I just cleared the trial last night, and the only status effects I was ever affected by were Poison and Charm.

I just wanted to remind people who haven't done it yet that now is an excellent time while people still have Zarg as their friend unit for the Hennes Mines event

1 Rainbow, made 2 multis for Tidus. This year totaling 3 Rainbows

- DKC
- Guaranteed Rainbow: Wilhelm
- Tidus

cw_sasuke

Reddit has this tip. If you haven't done Lure of Echidna:

1 Rainbow, made 2 multis for Tidus. This year totaling 3 Rainbows

- DKC
- Guaranteed Rainbow: Wilhelm
- Tidus
Hmm...thanks, hadnt even thought about approaching Echidna yet.

So Refia/WoL(orWilhelm)/Gilga/Firion + Friend Zargabaath would be good enough to take her on ?

Ilias was also mentioned in that Reddit post - i pulled him a while ago but havent leveled him yet, his 6* version seem to have a similar useful move. But it might be a while until i can level him....so ill try it with Zargabaath.

Edit:

Two. Wilhelm from the guaranteed 5* and Olive yesterday.

Celegus

2 Tidus in about 40 tickets. Nothing from the free multi or dailies, but that's dill crazy good. Wife hasn't gotten any in about the same amount though.

1 on a daily (lunera), not counting the guaranteed ones. That's after spending about 100+ pulls trying to get Tidus.

You guys took all my rainbows.

udca

2 on the guaranteed 5* banner, 1 on the Tidus banner and 2 a bit later on a 10+1 on Zarg's banner. Did the other free 10+1 in between.

So that's 5 rainbows on 4 10+1 pulls!

Fohlen
Dark Fina
Tidus
Zargabaath
Second Gilgamesh

Alkez

3 free rainbows for me. Ramza from guaranteed. Zarg from dailies. Aileen from tickets.

The fact you got like your 40th Ramza from the guaranteed 5* pull meant you kind of deserved some extra rainbows lol.

Only rainbow I've had is from the guaranteed which was Noctis (#1). Done dailies and spent 25 tickets on Ashe's banner.

bonkeng

The fact you got like your 40th Ramza from the guaranteed 5* pull meant you kind of deserved some extra rainbows lol.

Only rainbow I've had is from the guaranteed which was Noctis (#1). Done dailies and spent 25 tickets on Ashe's banner.

Lol. I get triggered every time i see 4 unevolved Ramza lining up my unit box. Very tempted to just farm and fuse 3 of them.

Doctor_No

I've done well over a 1,400 pulls since anniversary, and I would say the pull rates haven't really changed. My Lunera pull throws the entire math off, but I would say, overall its still a ~1% chance for a rainbow and 0.5% for banner 5*.

Dandte

I've done well over a 1,400 pulls since anniversary, and I would say the pull rates haven't really changed. My Lunera pull throws the entire math off, but I would say, overall its still a ~1% chance for a rainbow and 0.5% for banner 5*.

As in: total of 1% chance to pull a rainbow and a 0,5% chance this rainbow will be the featured banner unit?

Because so far, except for orleandeau..i hate your ramza...i always got the banner unit as my rainbow.

c-murph

Ramza on Guarantee 11 pull (wanted Ramza or Marie)
Tidus dropped on X banner
Zargabaath and Zargabaath No.2 on the XII banner

bonkeng

Since Anniversary

3rd Dark Fina
Fohlen
3rd and 4th Aileen
2 Zargurburbles
Lunera
Tidus

If you exclude the Lapis pulls and 5* tickets except for the 5* guaranteed 5k pull, how many free rainbows you got? I assume at least 5.

With paid Lapis pulls (25k total) and 5* tix, i got:

Tidus
2nd Marie (together with Tidus)
Fohlen
Rem
2nd Tidus
Fryevia

Free rainbows were 5th Ramza, Zarg and 2nd Aileen.

across

DKC from the 5* banner, Zargabaath on my second 10+1 on FF12.

My account is clearly keyed to units wearing black armor. I don't think 2B's clothing qualifies as armor, though. :coffin:

If you exclude the Lapis pulls and 5* tickets except for the 5* guaranteed 5k pull, how many free rainbows you got? I assume at least 5.

Tidus
Fohlen
Rem
2nd Tidus
Fryevia

Hrmmm

I probably won't remember all of them but off that top of my head.

2 Dark Fina
Olive
1 Noctis
1 Orlandu
Fohlen
2 Aileens
Ace
1 DKC
1 Queen

I may be missing one or two. Those all came from either dailies, tickets minus 5* guaranteed which I have only had one and it was another Aileen. Also free summons and the 5* Anniversary summon.

Or did you mean since Anniversary? If so the only free ones I have had are the Dark Fina, an Aileen and Fohlen.

bonkeng

Hrmmm

I probably won't remember all of them but off that top of my head.

2 Dark Fina
Olive
1 Noctis
1 Orlandu
Fohlen
2 Aileens
Ace
1 DKC
1 Queen

I may be missing one or two. Those all came from either dailies, tickets minus 5* guaranteed which I have only had one and it was another Aileen. Also free summons and the 5* Anniversary summon.

Or did you mean since Anniversary? If so the only free ones I have had are the Dark Fina, an Aileen and Fohlen.

Bingo!

Tidus
Fohlen
Rem
2nd Tidus
Fryevia

Free rainbows were 5th Ramza, Zarg and 2nd Aileen.

goddamn

Pejo

Hmm, now that you guys mention it, it seems rainbows have been a little more plentiful as of the anni. Though, I haven't hard pulled for any units yet.

I got:

(Guaranteed) - 4th Olive
Single 4* EX ticket - Tidus
10+1 - Zarg

So far I've only spent a handful of tickets and 10000 lapis though. That's pretty good odds.

Still haven't gotten lucky of regular tickets or dailies like you lucky S.O.B.'s though.

not for me..
1 rainbow from guaranteed..
spent around 30 tix, 2 4* guaranteed.. 0 rainbow
used the free 10+1... 0 rainbow..
daily everyday... 0 rainbow..

yay?

Kouriozan

And Echidna done!

rNg54qPl.jpg

Went in without any prep and still did it, had to deal with constant Death though. With Noctis and Tilith, that drain to 0 MP move is a joke.
Zarga strat is legit.

I guess in GAF we don't need to hurry. You can always ask someone to put it back :D.

But. IF one is in hurry to get some friend unit. Join our ExviusGAF Discordchannel #begeneral

You could @Kourio join there too. Nice place to hangaround and idle :p

Yeah I join from time to time, used Yoshi's Zarg this time so thanks Doctor_No!

Pejo

I hate kill with Esper requirements!

I demand the Gumi employee who keeps coming up with these is fired!

Esper requirements are my 2nd least favorite, only losing slightly to "use max ascension shitty story unit skill". I have them all leveled now, but it really chapped my ass when I didn't, and I would run through story missions and get one of those.

Muku

Someone mentioning getting Fryevia for daily. As I was doing daily summon I was like "I'm not that lucky." Blue. But was surprised to see it go Gold. Just Xon though. :(

Doctor_No

As in: total of 1% chance to pull a rainbow and a 0,5% chance this rainbow will be the featured banner unit?

Because so far, except for orleandeau..i hate your ramza...i always got the banner unit as my rainbow.

Those are the numbers being thrown around, particularly by Reddit, but I'm sure there are deviations, but they seem fairly accurate from my experience (Hippo's account I think is on JP rates).

I have to go back and sit down and do a more thorough look at what my exact pull rates were (as I forget what I've gotten, and which were 5* ticket pulls or free pulls). But for me it was good deal below 1% primarily because that horrid Lunera experience, where I go only 2 rainbows in 704 pulls (one of which was a Lunera)

As far as banner pulls, anecdotally it does feel banner units show up more, but it may be a bit of Baader-Meinhof going on (fallacy illusion). But looking back I think I get a lot of non-banner rainbows as well.

Syntsui

I've pulled:
Seabreeze Fina
DKC
Zargarbanzo
Zargarbanzo
Lunera

Three trash out of five, I don't consider this luck as dupe DKC, Fina and dupe Zargarbanzo have the same value as Clyne for me.

Top Bottom