• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

forgrim

Bracers are pretty much BIS for her accessories, Amelias Apron and if not that then Demon mail or anything with flat atk, Helm is Black Cowl, TM's anything that boost atk (these will be atk+30%, power of creation, etc. ) oh and also lvl her LB if you can as its great aoe damage.

Also one of the trials drops a bracer equivalent, to help you out. Really, just with her own tm and doublehand, shes beastly.

Grats sas.

Xion86

Guys, about the design contest, I'll give it a shot.

What do you think about his look?

Looks good! Best of luck :)

HOLY SHIT.... so i just finished the Story Missions...you get 2 tickets for the clear.

Used my first Ticket the on the FFXII banner....gold...im like plz Ashe, plz Ashe....turns into Rainbow...im like wtf....

BOOOOOM !!!!
My first Top Tier damage dealer...cant believe it !!!

Wow, congratulations :) I still haven't been lucky enough to get her.

Some really good pulls in the last couple of pages!

Ready for anything that doesn't need SPR or AoE coverage! Still need to do his shield, but I am already tired of TM farming again.

Holy crap :| and I was impressed that I managed to get one of those TMs by making the one unit I had to 100% :(. That's crazy.

Mipcgamer

Jeez, just finished enhancing Firion's abilities to have a nice finisher and got Luneth on today's free daily summon.
This guy is going to drain my power crysts! (Not complaining though).

Kouriozan

Jeez, just finished enhancing Firion's abilities to have a nice finisher and got Luneth on today's free daily summon.
This guy is going to drain my power crysts! (Not complaining though).
Getting Luneth a few days before his enhancement...that must be a sign :lol

Syntsui

I'm on the fence about Luneth and DKC, I was set on DKC because he is the most powerful finisher bar none forever and ever but he won't be very useful in important fights. Luneth doesn't need a dedicated healer and can adapt to a lot of elements.

This is so hard >.>

c-murph

I'm on the fence about Luneth and DKC, I was set on DKC because he is the most powerful finisher bar none forever and ever but he won't be very useful in important fights. Luneth doesn't need a dedicated healer and can adapt to a lot of elements.

This is so hard >.>

As long as your playing and grinding... They'll eventually be enough cryst for everybody.

Doctor_No

http://imgur.com/9TpE7MZ

Ready for anything that doesn't need SPR or AoE coverage! Still need to do his shield, but I am already tired of TM farming again.

Those are some nice stats. I'm so far behind my TM farm rotation that I don't think I can get my four Raiser's TMs before Aigarion trail.

Are you using Soluna Band in that build? I feel like an idiot as I fused all my cupid Artemios together to make space because I confused Soluna Band with Soluna Ring.

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their rainbows today!

And here I am drawing Heretics and Vivis all week....

/mutters loudly

Those are some nice stats. I'm so far behind my TM farm rotation that I don't think I can get my four Raiser's TMs before Aigarion trail.

Are you using Soluna Band in that build? I feel like an idiot as I fused all my cupid Artemios together to make space because I confused Soluna Band with Soluna Ring.

Thanks! Yes, 2x Soluna Band I made sure to keep enough of both the Cupid's to have 2 of each ring. I have 4 of Elle's TM's also so if I need a small SPR boost I can swap those out, and obviously his shield when done some day in the future when I decide to not be lazy again will boost it as well.

Celegus

BTW, Ultima+2 chain is trash, Hippo was right all along. Dark Fina is the hottest disappointment in the game.
Oh crap seriously? My wife has both Dark Finas so I thought getting the two Ultima +2s would be pretty sweet. Is it hard to chain or just crappy damage? I always heard good things about it. Really sucks Dystopia takes (a ton of) Power crysts.
Grats to everyone on their rainbows today!

And here I am drawing Heretics and Vivis all week....

/mutters loudly
I got Fran today!
What? She's arguably the best mage? Did I waste my resources on Sea Breeze Dark Fina then? Dammit! Well, Fina like ExDeath is useful for covering a spread of elemental spells so I suppose there's that but damn. After getting nothing but garbo from free pulls I recently got Ashe two days in a row. So the idea is to build them both up and save them for when there's a trial where you want to go with magic and then put them both in for magic chains?

Seabreeze Fina TM is amazing for Ashe at least! I really don't get Seabreeze Fina. She's more or less a carbon copy of Dark Fina but came out so much later than her without any extra power creep.

Alkez

Yeah congrats on all the rainbows everyone. Seems GAF luck was high today. Tempted to spend some of my tickets for no reason now lol. I need to break this damn blue crystal curse!

robotuw

BTW, Ultima+2 chain is trash, Hippo was right all along. Dark Fina is the hottest disappointment in the game.

That's a shame. I have TT and DF and was excited to eventually chain them together. Guess I'll save the black crysts for...some other thing that takes black crysts...someday.

Syntsui

Oh crap seriously? My wife has both Dark Finas so I thought getting the two Ultima +2s would be pretty sweet. Is it hard to chain or just crappy damage? I always heard good things about it. Really sucks Dystopia takes (a ton of) Power crysts.
It gets up to 23 hits against monsters but I found it to be very unreliable as the finishing move sometimes break the chain due to its huge frames. It's a disgrace.

There is literally no point wasting cryst on her if Ashe exists.

Edit: it doesn't chain at all unless it is dualcasted, which is why it wasn't chaining at the Arena.

Kouriozan

Sage Sakura need to come ASAP and save mages.
Well I guess William (4*) is pretty good too with :

275% AoE 8 Hit Earth Magic Attack & AoE 3 Turn -50% Earth Resist

which is dual castable.

As long as your playing and grinding... They'll eventually be enough cryst for everybody.

Are you sure about that? They seem like ultra precious commodities to me. Like it'll take an entire year since their global release to do something like that.

Ashe is goddess in the arena. No more misses!

I can't wait to get Williams my self. Dude is crazy good chainer.

What's so good about her in arena. What are you spamming?

Doctor_No

Seabreeze Fina TM is amazing for Ashe at least! I really don't get Seabreeze Fina. She's more or less a carbon copy of Dark Fina but came out so much later than her without any extra power creep.

Two Dark Fina DC Ultima+2 chain gets around 2.3 mil damage on test dummy. Which isn't terrible, especially as its non-elemental magic damage; meaning it can guarantee damage on pretty much almost every enemy.

Then again, its not that great either compared to physical damage dealers, or if you get the element right. The Ultima chain will never get the elemental chain. The issue seems to be the high cost of upgrade of two Ultimas. Granted, there is very little right now you need Black cysts for.

Seabreeze Fina is weird. As she doesn't get the enhancements yet, she's actually way worse than Dark Fina atm outside of her really nice TM. Eventually her enchantments to Physical Fall makes it into a fairly power AoE Full Break(-45% to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR to all enemies). That makes her a top-tier debuffer.

c-murph

You only need two Ashe to cheese the arena. The 3rd one is for insurance.

Ashe is so easy to chain. 3 Ashe = 35+ spark chains and nothing left standing beside the Tanks.

I wish the game gave us defense rewards like FE Heroes for each time our team defeated someone.

Kouriozan

If you guys aren't sold on William yet, this will do :

giphy.gif

Also, one shotting Bahamut esper without equips (appart from some shoes to escape battles probably)

https://youtu.be/nlMcIq5n76o?t=1m29s

See how strong Garnet will be! 17 millions damage from a summon is preeeetty crazy. Global even got some EVO MAG exclusive enhancement making her even stronger.

Syntsui

William and Victoria are my number one 4* priority, William specially considering how powerful he is by himself. No need to worry about finishing stuff if he outright kills everything.

Really want to know what's up next...i would love a new global exclusive unit or something !

Beat ELT Memories today. Didn't actually have any crashing issues. Dark Fina was kind of a pushover. Amazing how far my team has progressed since the first run.

Doh! Looks like I already did ELT for Acropolous back when it hit. Thought I was about to get a 10% moogle :| Also, I take back what I said to Robot the other day, I can't for the life of me get the stupid mission object of killing the last story even boss with an esper attack. I join the camp saying make the person that chose this mission object burn! I want that moogle :( Complete bullshit that you have to do every stage all over again and instead of being able to just select that particular one after you unlock it. The crysts along the way are nice and all but 90NRG is really steep.

Lyrian

If you guys aren't sold on William yet, this will do :

giphy.gif

Also, one shotting Bahamut esper without equips (appart from some shoes to escape battles probably)

https://youtu.be/nlMcIq5n76o?t=1m29s

See how strong Garnet will be! 17 millions damage from a summon is preeeetty crazy. Global even got some EVO MAG exclusive enhancement making her even stronger.

These two things just made my night :)

Global exclusive +20% EVO MAG equates into roughly a 44% damage bump so... ~24.5 million + any additional equipped 10% EVO MAG materias, if you really want to go full glass cannon which would top out at.... 43.5 million with rough napkin math.

Yummy.

A global exclusive mage that is worth a shit would be great.

Second this, third and fourth even. Zyrus is nice and all that, but really looking forward to the chaining mages instead of everyone being a finisher.

Doh! Looks like I already did ELT for Acropolous back when it hit. Thought I was about to get a 10% moogle :| Also, I take back what I said to Robot the other day, I can't for the life of me get the stupid mission object of killing the last story even boss with an esper attack. I join the camp saying make the person that chose this mission object burn! I want that moogle :( Complete bullshit that you have to do every stage all over again and instead of being able to just select that particular one after you unlock it. The crysts along the way are nice and all but 90NRG is really steep.

Umm... bring a summoner to not make this such a headache?

Want me to load up my Garnet?

These two things just made my night :)

Global exclusive +20% EVO MAG equates into roughly a 44% damage bump so... ~24.5 million + any additional equipped 10% EVO MAG materias, if you really want to go full glass cannon which would top out at.... 43.5 million with rough napkin math.

Yummy.

Second this, third and fourth even. Zyrus is nice and all that, but really looking forward to the chaining mages instead of everyone being a finisher.

Umm... bring a summoner to not make this such a headache?

Want me to load up my Garnet?

Oh it's cake to get the meter charged, it just won't give me credit when I feel like I"m timing it right.

Lyrian

The thing about Garnet is the damage output, she hits VERY hard. You don't have to time anything if you are sure the summon will kill.

Yup. For the stage 10 boss here, depending how much of a glass cannon I build her to be, she can one-shot it from 40 to 60% of its life alone using Shiva. Pretty much foolproof under half life. Fire and forget.

The thing about Garnet is the damage output, she hits VERY hard. You don't have to time anything if you are sure the summon will kill.

Ohhhhh I didn't think about that! I was actually wondering if it was a mistake to use Ifrit but I wanted to make sure the enemy died so I chained Quick Trick with my Tidus who has Odin with friend Tidus. Probably overkill and could have used Odin but Noctis' Warp Break takes too long with DW and I knew it'd finish after the summon. Maybe enough damage from the summon would do the trick. I have a maxed out Garnet but I guarantee Lyrian's destroys mine with gear and materia haha I'd be willing to try that, Lyrian! You don't have to do it yet though if you don't want to as my NRG is only at 30 right now so it will take a while to get back to 90 ha

Oh it's cake to get the meter charged, it just won't give me credit when I feel like I"m timing it right.
I had this issue. Basically had to make sure I was actually killing using the Esper rather than some sort of tricky overkill nonsense. I used Garnet as well with Shiva and got it after 5 runs of missing it when I thought it was perfect!

Lyrian

Ohhhhh I didn't think about that! I was actually wondering if it was a mistake to use Ifrit but I wanted to make sure the enemy died so I chained Quick Trick with my Tidus who has Odin with friend Tidus. Probably overkill and could have used Odin but Noctis' Warp Break takes too long with DW and I knew it'd finish after the summon. Maybe enough damage from the summon would do the trick. I have a maxed out Garnet but I guarantee Lyrian's destroys mine with gear and materia haha I'd be willing to try that, Lyrian! You don't have to do it yet though if you don't want to as my NRG is only at 30 right now so it will take a while to get back to 90 ha

Ifrit (because Gumi WTF logic) is a poor choice for summoning damage, because outside of their boosted modifiers, their damage is hybrid MAG and SPR, which isn't exactly Ifrit's strong suit. That's the reason why Bahamut's stats are perfectly balanced, to max out the hybrid damage calculation perfectly.

Why physical espers use caster stats for damage is beyond me (probably because a summoning was thought of as a "spell", but still that's stupid logic).

Most effective damaging espers are Shiva > Ramuh/Odin >>> all other espers right now.

Extra bonus on this event, as the undead dragon is weak against ice (never heard of an undead being weak against ice, but whatever).

The only summoning gear that exists on Global at all are the craftable EVO MAG +10% materias. Garnet gets an enhanceable EVO MAG, which is ridiculously cheap at the cost of a single support T4 for +2. That's serious long-term value right there, especially once Bahamut and her 6* form is released. Extremely underrated.

Two Dark Fina DC Ultima+2 chain gets around 2.3 mil damage on test dummy. Which isn't terrible, especially as its non-elemental magic damage; meaning it can guarantee damage on pretty much almost every enemy.

Then again, its not that great either compared to physical damage dealers, or if you get the element right. The Ultima chain will never get the elemental chain. The issue seems to be the high cost of upgrade of two Ultimas. Granted, there is very little right now you need Black cysts for.

Seabreeze Fina is weird. As she doesn't get the enhancements yet, she's actually way worse than Dark Fina atm outside of her really nice TM. Eventually her enchantments to Physical Fall makes it into a fairly power AoE Full Break(-45% to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR to all enemies). That makes her a top-tier debuffer.

why didnt you do the spark chain trick then

NomarTyme

Ifrit (because Gumi WTF logic) is a poor choice for summoning damage, because outside of their boosted modifiers, their damage is hybrid MAG and SPR, which isn't exactly Ifrit's strong suit. That's the reason why Bahamut's stats are perfectly balanced, to max out the hybrid damage calculation perfectly.

Why physical espers use caster stats for damage is beyond me (probably because a summoning was thought of as a "spell", but still that's stupid logic).

Most effective damaging espers are Shiva > Ramuh/Odin >>> all other espers right now.

Extra bonus on this event, as the undead dragon is weak against ice (never heard of an undead being weak against ice, but whatever).

The only summoning gear that exists on Global at all are the craftable EVO MAG +10% materias. Garnet gets an enhanceable EVO MAG, which is ridiculously cheap at the cost of a single support T4 for +2. That's serious long-term value right there, especially once Bahamut and her 6* form is released. Extremely underrated.

I seen Japan players use this strategy during the bloody moon trial. Ashe(s) chain plus Bahamut as the finisher. Very effect strategy.

Top Bottom