• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

nin1000

Banned
Every new page on 50ppp, you're going to go after a new person and then flee the battle near the end of the page.
Thanks for Quoting that flawed list of mine. At least that brought some attention to those that are missing or just posting to get by in order to be part of the 4 players that get to play in the party.

We are leveling up, those others are forever in the reserve list up to the point where they have to show up because of story related stuff.

nin1000

Banned
I saw it , waiting until I get off mobile.

I can say that my earlier comment was in response to the "multi game gambit" shit Darryl said though.

Like I said earlier, that 'list' was flawed but it had its purpose. To get everyone aware that the game started. Since you made your point about your earlier post and posted again how about you showing us what you can do?

nin1000

Banned
Not sure if you saw my earlier question, but what's your opinion on Darryl and Xam right now?

Darryl is being himself at the moment, not everyone is going to like his aggressive way of taking but I don't see anything that would be important atm. Sorian Darryl was their way of showing their shiny teeth. Xam did nothing to impress me at this point. Sorry but both of you are in the lower ends of my list in order to level up.

I've been thinking about the list, who generated, and the two people who were talking that got it going, but I'm going to table that line of thought until tomorrow (because I really don't want us to eliminate an active poster)

vote: Xamtheking

Where are the antics Xam? I figured a game with you, blarg, and all the high posters would make this game crazy!

Sophia

ENCOUNTERS ARE RANDOM

LIGHTNING NEVER STRIKES THE SAME PAGE TWICE

Hmm... so that's a no? x_X;

Darryl is being himself at the moment, not everyone is going to like his aggressive way of taking but I don't see anything that would be important atm. Sorian Darryl was their way of showing their shiny teeth. Xam did nothing to impress me at this point. Sorry but both of you are in the lower ends of my list in order to level up.

I agree that Darryl's being himself at the moment, but I'm still curious to hear her opinion regardless. And you don't need to apologize for pressuring me, that's the nature of the game.

Darryl

Banned
I saw it , waiting until I get off mobile.

I can say that my earlier comment was in response to the "multi game gambit" shit Darryl said though.

Why are you dragging me for that? Sorian literally said that was a multi game gambit he pulled. I'm not making this stuff up. Maybe some people could see why I think he's so scummy if they read what we were talking about. This is GAFIA cinematic universe weird shit, tie-ins and all.

nin1000

Banned
Why are you dragging me for that? Sorian literally said that was a multi game gambit he pulled. I'm not making this stuff up. Maybe some people could see why I think he's so scummy if they read what we were talking about. This is GAFIA cinematic universe weird shit, tie-ins and all.

I think we should start fresh, everyone should. What happened in the past, stays there.
No need for that shit

Sorian

Banned

lol no, I said that it tends to happen because I do this so often, I don't do it with the specific purpose of catching anyone, I just know that when someone responds the way you did, they are just looking for things to talk about. I'm actually planning to show up in the after credits scene to recruit Launchpad for this new group that I'm forming.

-------

Blarg is transitioning to phase two where he has become two players.

Since everyone is going to keep quoting Nin's list to figure out inactives, keep in mind that Nin crossed TheAwesomePossum off his list when TAP has done nothing this game too. Actually, Blarg is here now and will be doing whatever he is doing anyway.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

Except I did say something. That's why Nin crossed me off the list. It's just that no one responded to me except Nin.

Thoughts on Darryl vs You: The usual Day 1 "let's randomly give this person a bad time because day 1 is poorly designed with there being no leads" I like my Day 1 to have at least one interesting development to jump-start convos. So far, it's purely RNG.

Sorian

Banned
Except I did say something. That's why Nin crossed me off the list. It's just that no one responded to me except Nin.

Meh, writing off day 1 as having no leads is an easy way to look like you are contributing but really, you didn't say anything. Hyper did the same garbage but at least he pretended to talk about the potential sides of the argument from Darryl and I, you just wrote it all off completely.

You underlined a quote I made about Sorian deflecting. What, in specific, made you underline this quote? As I've already made clear multiple times (too many) my argument does not (has never) have anything to do with who Sorian has voted for or what his methods of RNG voting were. I called this deflecting by him making that his main defense, which it absolutely and undeniably is. Now, I want you to explain how this isn't deflecting. I need to know that you know what we are talking about.

I'm obviously reaching. We have to reach, Unless someone slips up and calls themselves scum on accident, you aren't going to make many arguments on day 1. This looks like feigning participation on your behalf.

I underlined it because it seemed like an example of you reaching. If you want a detailed runthrough of why your theory is shit, I can go through everything, step by step

1. Your original argument

I'm trying to understand this:

So, the motive behind this vote is either:

1. You want to generate discussion.
2. You have a reason to believe Hyperactivity is a warrior of chaos.
3. You're a warrior of chaos.

It's obviously not point 1, since you are vocally aware that one vote is meaningless in the grand scheme of things (even raising this point yourself).

If it is point 2, you haven't brought up any reasoning for this alongside your vote.

I think it is point 3, you're a scummy warrior of chaos.

Except this really isn't an argument. The first thing is you never really make an argument here. Imagine if I said- "Oh hey, I'm town!", with making a single argument as to why. That's a STATEMENT. You do something similar. You state: "you're a scummy warrior of chaos." I don't really think you made a real argument for it. You limit Sorian's options to one of these 3 possibilities and possibilities alone, and dismiss the first one with some floppy reasoning.

On top of that, you make the mistake in assuming that scum act in a calculated manner. Scum might decide that they'll take a certain position on a certain issue, but in most cases, especially in day 1, when scum will have only had a few days to think over things, scum will likely not try anything too risky.

Sorian then responds:

RNG discussion

Now that the snark is out of the way. Of course the vote breeds discussion. I put in a whole disclaimer BECAUSE I know that one vote can get people all bothered and start spilling secrets. I want to see the reactions but I don't want someone to claim stupidly (hey there Darryl).

He talks about randomized votes, and then argues that votes, even randomized, do breed discussion. Not to mention that they act as prods to get people to participate more. Would you assume the same thing about Sorian had I remained unresponsive and inactive and he went on to then justify his vote?

I'll look back on his OG post

Welcome to Final Fantasy mafia everyone! (this is pre-typed, I have a work meeting a half hour before time starts that could last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour so hopefully this gets posted on time, I'm just going to post it when I get back and confirm day start.)

Most of the people on the list aren't new and past that most have played with me before so this is nothing new to a lot of you but we do have the one new face and some others that I don't think would hurt from this advice.

IT IS DAY 1. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLAIM JUST BECAUSE THERE IS ONE VOTE ON YOU. Votes on day 1 are going to fly around for what seems like no reason, you don't need to spill all of your secrets when you have a little bandwagon of three people, you are not in danger of dying until we are much closer to the deadline. These are 72 hour day phases, you don't need to claim to try and save yourself until that last day (don't claim in the last five minutes either, if you think you are going to die, you'll know it like an hour out, give people time to digest and figure things out).

With that out of the way, time for my RNG vote. Today we got lucky number 13:

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Sorian says:

Don't claim if you have 1 vote on you
Don't spill you secrets
Places a vote, because, that's how things happen

Now, I agree that rng votes hardly mean anything in providing a basis for discussion on WHY people vote, and again, one vote means little, but a vote still acts as a prod, and still gives us something to do. Would you rather we just wait sat around with no one voting, given that you criticize putting any votes out whatsoever for any reason other than thinking someone might be scum?

VOTES lead to PRESSURE. PRESSURE leads to POSTS, which are not DAY 1 CLAIMS. POSTS lead to READS, which lead to LYNCHING SCUM.

VOTES lead to DISCUSSION. We've had plenty discussion as to the reasoning behind Sorian's vote, even though I think that argument is ultimately fruitless. Votes also lead to people feeling the need to talk, and although the purpose of such a vote when rng is a little more limited, it still provides somewhat of a jumpstart to begin the day off

AS IT ACTUALLY MANAGED TO DO

judging by the role text, i doubt the neutrals are anything to worry about.

tumblr_m6z5y14iPN1qbn69no1_500.png

And let's not pretend you didn't do something similar to Sorian's disclaimer here

You literally need to stop arguing on behalf of other people. You also need to read the posts fully if you're trying to understand these arguments. If you're town and Sorian is scum, you're just giving him an easy out. I hope you realize that. Your defense of him doesn't even have an impact on my argument against Sorian. I do not care who Sorian voted for. He could have voted for you or me. I'm questioning his conflicting motives.

Then this post. Look, not everyone is going to waste their time like I'm doing right now to go through every single one of your posts. At a cursory glance, it seems stupid and flawed, and for some people, that's enough.

Xamtheking isn't giving scum Sorian an out here. You gave him an out with how ridiculous your "argument" is to begin with. More than 24 hours later, we're still discussing this shit, and honestly, we should be moving on

(Talking bout underlined portion) Also, I'm sort of tired of the same old intimidation schtick you always have. At this point, you're practicaly a caricature. Don't think you're all high and mighty compared to everyone else because nobody else understands any of your SICK READS

I don't care what inane methods you use for your sacred random voting technique. That's blatant deflecting, as I never cared why specifically you voted for Hyperactivity. I'm questioning why you're trying to preface your "pressure" votes with advice that actually deflates the pressure and makes the whole process arbitrary. That opening post appears very much like someone trying to look town. Giving arbitrary towny advice and a meaningless vote gesture meant to advance the game, which simultaneously conflict in purpose. You either want to pressure people or you don't. Right now, you are inbetween. Why are you inbetween?

arbitrary town advice

judging by the role text, i doubt the neutrals are anything to worry about.

tumblr_m6z5y14iPN1qbn69no1_500.png

I don't care what inane methods you use for your sacred random voting technique. That's blatant deflecting, as I never cared why specifically you voted for Hyperactivity. I'm questioning why you're trying to preface your "pressure" votes with advice that actually deflates the pressure and makes the whole process arbitrary. That opening post appears very much like someone trying to look town. Giving arbitrary towny advice and a meaningless vote gesture meant to advance the game, which simultaneously conflict in purpose. You either want to pressure people or you don't. Right now, you are inbetween. Why are you inbetween?

You're questioning why Sorian put his disclaimer before his vote? What, would it have been acceptable had he waited an hour? Perhaps two separate posts would have been better.

Your arbitrary town statement means nothing because Sorian's original disclaimer meant nothing. What he said tells me nothing on him being town or scum.There's nothing to look at there. And so you reading into it means nothing.

The opening posts look like someone trying to look town? As in, the posts from every single player in this damn game? Or do town suddenly want to look like scum now?

Is trying hard bad behavior? I should just casually breeze-by with quips and personality insults. That's how we play mafia.

Your response doesn't answer any of my concerns, either. It only elevates them as it is more middling, meaningless text. You want pressure in the game but you're so scared of it.

Nah, you should actually try to get rid of that and base your argument on something based in reality.

Pressure is pressure, and nobody's going to be under much pressure on the first day. The general read I've been getting on everyone's reaction to your argument is a mix of exasperation, confusion, and amusement. I don't really see anyone taking this that seriously overall

And I'm seriously projecting when I say that. There you go, that's how I feel with this situation. Confused, exasperated, amused.

I'm curious about a system of name claiming on demand. If anyone asks, you have to out it immediately. Thoughts?

And then whatever the fuck this is

My final read? I don't think Darryl knows what he's doing

FAKE EDIT: If this post seems a bit disjointed, it's because I'd rather not go through and reorganize and stuff. It's more like notes on each individual posts and putting them together so they sorta I guess make sense

I'm not giving a genuine effort to you. I purposely do the same thing at the beginning of each game that I play because I know someone is going to come up with some ridiculous argument against it every once in awhile and when it's a vet who knows better, it tells me that they are reaching. I'm glad we have your permission to hear from other players, is it ok if I ask Nin about his vote?

Bruh you're reaching. Sorian doing stuff over multiple games means that it tells us nothing whatsoever. I think it's useless, and would gladly tell him that between games too so he doesn't suspect some ulterior motive for some fucking reason, but there's not much to read into it for

VOTE: Blargonaut

You posting a bunch of shit that means nothing doesn't count as showing up or being active, I might as well consider you as absent as people who haven't posted a thing

So Blargonaut, I've noticed that you've been uncharacteristically quiet, mind telling me your read on anything going on?

Also I don't want to deal with this bullshit anymore

VOTE: Blargonaut

You posting a bunch of shit that means nothing doesn't count as showing up or being active, I might as well consider you as absent as people who haven't posted a thing

So Blargonaut, I've noticed that you've been uncharacteristically quiet, mind telling me your read on anything going on?

PUT YOUR HEADPHONES ON

nin1000

Banned
From one game into the other. I thought you got used to his way of talking.
But i will have to agree that he is making less sense than in HP. I dont like talking through games since i would like to give everyone the chance to start fresh, but this is blarg and he wants the attention.

TL21xx

Banned
That awkward moment you realize you're in a game with Blarg...

I'm 2 pages behind (50ppp), will chime in shortly.

Sorian

Banned

"Blarg, tell me your thoughts but I don't want to deal with you anymore."

It comes as a package Hyper, gotta accept it and work with what you have.

Darryl

Banned
I underlined it because it seemed like an example of you reaching. If you want a detailed runthrough of why your theory is shit, I can go through everything, step by step

You wasted a lot of time with anything other than this. Simultaneously complaining about how that thread of discussion is still going on even though it's being perpetuated by you, too, multiple times now. It's yelling at clouds. You deflected this, too, with a long drama post. Clearly I hit buttons. I asked you to explain yourself, I didn't ask for an unnecessary meta strategy analysis. You can't go around underlining unrelated phrases and acting like it proves something. I'm not letting you get away with it. I'm glad you did go back and read. You read into it way too much, though. It's day 1 and we have fuck all. I'm trying to create something out of nothing and you want nothing apparently.

I don't think I'm being assertive or within any shtick. I think that's being projected onto me in a self-fulfilling manner. I almost dropped out of the game when StarSketch called me trolling for no reason. I think this largely exists externally and I wish people would grow past their preconceived notions. It obviously frustrates me, if anyone saw the Werewolf game.

"Blarg, tell me your thoughts but I don't want to deal with you anymore."

It comes as a package Hyper, gotta accept it and work with what you have.

Let me fix that

"Blarg, I don't want to deal with it anymore, so I'll just put posts that only inflate post count away as not actually being posts.

Why, it looks like Blarg doesn't have any posts in this thread. This is rather uncharacteristic, Blarg, would you like to tell us your opinion on some of the events occuring in this thread"

BOOM Easy peasy

Top Bottom