• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Iscariot

Can't even beat the XII CM. Two 99s and the rest 80. You can't beat shit without haste in this game.

Bright side is that there are a ton of RW options with Hastega added in. You might try it again when the X banner drops and a hundred Rikku USB's pop up.

Personally, I've just come to accept that the major orbs aren't worth the hassle for realms I've got shit synergy for.

Bright side is that there are a ton of RW options with Hastega added in. You might try it again when the X banner drops and a hundred Rikku USB's pop up.

Personally, I've just come to accept that the major orbs aren't worth the hassle for realms I've got shit synergy for.

I could try something other than wall. Don't think that will work though.

Xetherion

I did it without Wall. I do have Larsa bsb and Penelo usb, though I don't think i ever used Penelo's in that fight. Could give a more detailed breakdown of my team comp if you want.

Also I left both Rooks alive to keep Cid from going into his more dangerous modes. The Rooks don't really do anything anyway other than occasional Drainga, but that's rare enough to not be a concern.

WarAdept

Scrapped together a desperate 50 mithril. One last pull on Awakening Cloud.

1/11. Force Stealer. Finally.

Now to do a desperate scramble for 25 mithril for Lucky draw.

Can't even beat the XII CM. Two 99s and the rest 80. You can't beat shit without haste in this game.

Maybe my setup can help. No native BSB/USB/SSB used and only one SB used.

Pawn Among Kings - U++ CM

Basch - N/A
Fran - Shatterheart (SB AoE -50% Atk/Mag)
Ashe - N/A
Larsa - N/A
Penelo - N/A

RW - Vessel of Fate (OK BSB)

I have Basch and Ashe's BSB. But they were never going to do super amounts of damage to be worth using here and Basch is way too busy constantly dispelling with Banishing Strike. Larsa and Penelo basically spam heals and Ashe and Fran do all the damage. Ashe was the one to RW, so she could take advantage of the +20% stats, and she was doing max damage with Chain Firaga/Meltdown when Shell wasn't on Cid.

FB/PB on Cid at all times and just PB on the adds was enough to keep me alive. Threw in a Shatterheart near the end for extra measure.

LnYAgdZl.jpg
5sOAC3Gl.png
p6g6PMQl.png

friz898

I didn't have any trouble with that one, but I'm sure it's because of my Synergy.

I had Balthier BSB. I killed it on release night, so it's been a minute, but I think Cid was weak to fire.

It would have been a lot harder without that.

Also, I had BSB/SSB for everybody. So basically I'm no help.

WarAdept, define "Scrapped Together" ... you still have story dungeons to do?

Xetherion

Maybe my setup can help. No native BSB/USB/SSB used and only one SB used.

Basch - N/A
Fran - Shatterheart (SB AoE -50% Atk/Mag)
Ashe - N/A
Larsa - N/A
Penelo - N/A

I have Basch and Ashe's BSB. But they were never going to do super amounts of damage to be worth using here and Basch is way too busy constantly dispelling with Banishing Strike. Larsa and Penelo basically spam heals and Ashe and Fran do all the damage. Ashe was the one to RW, so she could take advantage of the +20% stats, and she was doing max damage with Chain Firaga/Meltdown when Shell wasn't on Cid.

FB/PB on Cid at all times and just PB on the adds was enough to keep me alive. Threw in a Shatterheart near the end for extra measure.

LnYAgdZl.jpg
5sOAC3Gl.png
p6g6PMQl.png

I used a somewhat similar set up.

Basch - Gaia Cross r3, Banish Strike r4, HOTE & SSB
Vayne - Life Siphon r4, Fires Within r3, SSB
Ashe - Chain Firaga r3, Meltdown r2, BSB & OSB
Larsa - Wrath r4, Curaja r5, SSB & BSB
Penelo - Multibreak r3, Exhausting Polka r3, USB

Basch opened with Gaia Cross and then spammed Banish Strike, refreshing GC when needed. He had Lionheart RM so he built gauge quick, used HOTE as soon as first bar was ready, then saved gauge to spam SSB at the end.

Vayne spammed LS until gauge was almost full, using Fires Within to heal himself a couple times. His SSB i have gives a party noncharge 1, so i used it to give Ashe instacast BSB/OSB.

Ashe used RW, then spammed Chain Firaga for first half of fight, then refreshed RW and spammed Meltdown after that. After first Vayne SSB she used BSB, after second Vayne SSB she used OSB to end the fight.

Larsa opened with SSB (proshellga + stoneskin), then Wrathed up his BSB. Kept healing/wrathing.

Penelo danced. Had her USB on standby but don't think i ever needed it.

My synergy here is strong and the fight was really easy even without Wall. It should be harder but doable with less synergy. Basch tanked all the ST hits easily, and Cid doesn't use his AOE much if you leave the Rooks alive. The Rooks are only scary if they cast Drainga which did like 2.5k-3k to one person, but I only saw 1 or 2 Draingas the whole fight.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll try again but my team is basically the 5 I already have leveled up(99 Ashe, 99 Vaan, 80s Basch, Fran, Penelo) with Balthier a bit behind(59?). If I could throw in another healer, that'd be great, but everyone else is level 1.

Not a big deal. Not the first or last CM I missed. IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX and XIII are my best synergy realms. I should give up on the rest of the game trying to pull for items from them because it will take like 5 draws from each, to get a full-fledged team. III, X and Tactics are half decent I guess. Need a lot of work with them.

friz898

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll try again but my team is basically the 5 I already have leveled up(99 Ashe, 99 Vaan, 80s Basch, Fran, Penelo) with Balthier a bit behind(59?). If I could throw in another healer, that'd be great, but everyone else is level 1.

Not a big deal. Not the first or last CM I missed. IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX and XIII are my best synergy realms. I should give up on the rest of the game trying to pull for items from them because it will take like 5 draws from each, to get a full-fledged team. III, X and Tactics are half decent I guess. Need a lot of work with them.

Hey man, we love helping. We aren't going out on a limb here, we love talking FFRK!

Beat it if you can, if not, then ya, no big deal!

Hardest trouble I ever had in this game was Nightmare first fight I ever did which scarred me for nearly 12 months. Then the recent Bahamut d300. But I'm crusing again, so happy. I mean, we can't all cheat like cpp and have 8star equipment and BSB/OSB for every boss!

If you have a specific question on something you arent sure of, post it. I don't think my knowledge is any greater than yours, just I may be thinking more clearly since no frustration on my side.

Side note to all lurkers, and yes they exist.

Post! This is a great community. We don't care if you don't know what we are talking about half the time, kinda like a new mmo, this game has a bazillion acronyms. Do you have a stupid question? Have you been playing long enough you're not a "dumb noob" but still don't know a couple things? Then post!

I can't remember the name of our newest poster who did his first pull recently and got an amazing result. Haven't seen them post since then.

Iscariot

Well, I've not idea what you're packing. But I did it with Terra's OSB mostly as a lark and it ended up working. I do have Larsa's BSB, but thats my big ticket item in XII.

Basically I went in with Penelo on dance duty with intermittent SSB heals. Larsa as my prime healer, Balth with the imperil SSB and Ashe with Chain Firaga and meltdown. Basch as my dispel bot. It got a little dicey but I think literally any other RW would have been smoother.

WarAdept

A lot of my posts are my set ups for CMs using fairly crappy SBs/none at all. Hell, my above post could of been a no SB run if I didn't use Shatterheart. I know that people in the past have basically copied what I've done and been able to beat the fights, so I'm happy that they are of use.

Just requires some decent hones.

WarAdept, define "Scrapped Together" ... you still have story dungeons to do?

Haven't done Awakening Cloud event, Cid XIV event, MP fights or the last 2 DUs. There are only specific days I actually do content. Need to maximise my Orb gains.

friz898

A lot of my posts are my set ups for CMs using fairly crappy SBs/none at all. Hell, my above post could of been a no SB run if I didn't use Shatterheart. I know that people in the past have basically copied what I've done and been able to beat the fights, so I'm happy that they are of use.

Just requires some decent hones.

Haven't done Awakening Cloud event, Cid XIV event, MP fights or the last 2 DUs. There are only specific days I actually do content. Need to maximise my Orb gains.

Aside from the orbfest distraction, the specific days thing, is it based on your real life getting in the way of these silly games? Or is there some super ffrk-nerd strategy I should dial into?

I currently do everything the second it's out. It's because I only play two phone games these days and I mean, like thats it for all of my gaming time. I bought FF9 for my iphone 7 last night so hopefully that fills up my free time. Plus I need to take a hard look at FF12 remaster for my ps4. It's one of my favorites but I've beat it 3 times, including recently on an emulator in 2014. I just can't stomach buying a game and then not finishing it.

WarAdept

Aside from the orbfest distraction, the specific days thing, is it based on your real life getting in the way of these silly games? Or is there some super ffrk-nerd strategy I should dial into?

I currently do everything the second it's out. It's because I only play two phone games these days and I mean, like thats it for all of my gaming time. I bought FF9 for my iphone 7 last night so hopefully that fills up my free time. Plus I need to take a hard look at FF12 remaster for my ps4. It's one of my favorites but I've beat it 3 times, including recently on an emulator in 2014. I just can't stomach buying a game and then not finishing it.

I only do events on Sundays (because XP daily is a waste for me, everyone is max level sans some Cores) and Tuesdays (I have a large influx of Power/Black Orbs and they're not used heavily in the future).

Every other day is a Orb farming day.

Story Dungeons are only done when it's Half Stamina and coincides with the above 2 days.

Yes, I go a little overboard when it comes to min/maxing in this game. But I enjoy it.

Jarekx

100 gem. 3 star

Did 1 50 myth pull
4/11
Jecht SSB
Paine SSB
Rikku LMR
And....
Rikku USB!!!

Between the lucky draw and this I feel my X synergy has come a pretty long ways. Still debating a second pull to try and get something for Lulu / Rikku's BSB

Balphon

Went 3/22

Paine BSB
Lulu BSB (dupe)
Auron SSB

Better than two rounds of Jecht/11 but I missed the big prizes. Oh well.

At least my elemental armor game is on point.

No idea what to save for. Wouldn't work out anyways. I'm always trigger happy hence my horrible roll today when I passed 50. I should probably roll for V since my gear there is horrible (Krile SSB FTW!)

evangd007

FFX - 1/11 - Rikku BSB

Not the USB, but I've had worse 1/11s. How do I leverage this with Tidus (BSB, OSB) and Yuffie (BSB) for a water team?

Balphon

FFX - 1/11 - Rikku BSB

Not the USB, but I've had worse 1/11s. How do I leverage this with Tidus (BSB, OSB) and Yuffie (BSB) for a water team?

Use it for the imperil to support the other water users. For doing damage herself you'd basically need to hone Sapphire Shot. The free Mug Bloodlust on the second command will help though.

Paine BSB falls into the trap of most multielement bursts and underwhelms. The AoE dispel is rare, however, and the item itself is great. Best use case is for elemental coverage where you don't have anything specialized (which will almost invariably be better).

EDIT: Rikku USB RWs are probably going to have a pretty big quality gulf since I think the only MND weapon she can equip is Garnet's BSB1 dagger.

friz898

Broke my 0-6 streak which is about normal with ratios/percentages and such.

Got a Jecht SSB that I won't use much, but it's another plus Dark item, and a 5 star to say the least so happy. Doesn't take much to make a person happy when you've been unlucky on 100gem pulls.

Would figure out a way to do a real pull of 11 if it had Yuna USB. Why NOT have her USB? Goodness. Does it make it more special somehow and DeNa knows something I don't? I mean, DeNa may have got my money tonight if it was on there, but nope. After glancing at Reddit on occasion, I know I'm not the only one who would have cashed in for a chance at Yuna USB.

Balphon

No idea what to save for. Wouldn't work out anyways. I'm always trigger happy hence my horrible roll today when I passed 50. I should probably roll for V since my gear there is horrible (Krile SSB FTW!)

There are a lot of decent to great targets coming up. In the next 2 months or so, there's:

Rubicante 1 (Edge/Rosa USBs)
Gladiolus/Iris (Noctis OSB & BSB, Gladiolus BSB, Iris BSB)
Faris 1 (Faris USB, Bartz USB, BSB2, BSB3, & LM)
Umaro/Gogo 1 (Shadow/Setzer USBs & BSBs)

If you want to look way far out (5~ months), there is the stacked Marche/Montblanc banner 1:

Agrias USB (Improved Cleansing Strike)
Marche USB (Holy damage via knight ability spam)
Ramza USB
Ramza BSB2 (Improved Shout)
Agrias BSB
Meliadoul BSB (3 stacking ATK debuffs)
Ramza LM (Start with full ATB & instant cast 1)

I'm eyeing FFXV and FFVI personally, depends on how much I can save and what pops up in the interim.

Kenai

Don't forget about the XI event. I believe both Ayame and Lion BSBs are on Banner 2 and rated pretty highly. Not sure on the Zeld/Aphmau relic strength. Is right after the XV event.

ccbfan

Rikku USB seems more like something you RW than use native.

1. Her mind is bad unless you have specific relics. (Much harder to deal with than shout)
2. She's terrible at building meter

If you want to look way far out (5~ months), there is the stacked Marche/Montblanc banner 1:

Ramza USB
Agrias BSB

Other than Lucky draws and fest. This is probably the next banner I'm drawing.

Did a couple of pulls that worked out pretty well, including a 5/11... wound up with both USBs, Paine BSB, and some dupe SSBs. I don't have either Rikku or Lulu's BSB, so the question is what abilities to pair with the USBs. For Lulu I guess I'll be honing Abyssal Shards and/or Chain Blizzara. Rikku I don't know... She really seems like a "jack of all trades, master of none" character. No way to build meter. Dancer is getting buffed in a few months right?

Iscariot

Did a couple of pulls that worked out pretty well, including a 5/11... wound up with both USBs, Paine BSB, and some dupe SSBs. I don't have either Rikku or Lulu's BSB, so the question is what abilities to pair with the USBs. For Lulu I guess I'll be honing Abyssal Shards and/or Chain Blizzara. Rikku I don't know... She really seems like a "jack of all trades, master of none" character. No way to build meter. Dancer is getting buffed in a few months right?

Probably the go to method now is to hit elemental weaknesses. She has Shooter and Machinist access along with Thief. Shooter is only 4*, the others she has 5*.

Ramza USB
Agrias BSB

Holy shit that banner looks extremely good, my only dupe there is Agrias's Excalibur :O

Balphon

Probably the go to method now is to hit elemental weaknesses. She has Shooter and Machinist access along with Thief. Shooter is only 4*, the others she has 5*.

Her Sharpshooter should go to 5* with a bunch of other characters' when we get the Sharpshooter buff, which should be very soon.

JP only just got the fire/ice Machinist skills so those will be awhile.

Xetherion

Got a 5* for my 100 gems!

... Lulu's LMR. I have no other relics for her so she will continue to sit on the bench.

I was considering doing some 11-pulls because X is still one of my lowest synergy realms despite being in the game from the beginning. Getting Yuna's medicas recently helped a lot, but I still have no native hastega or stacking debuffs in X, which means i'm forced to do CM's either without Wall and only proshellga, fb, and mbd/pbd for mitigation, or with Wall but I have to bring a Haste-bot.

However, we're getting 2 new realms soon (Type-0 & XV), and I want to do one 11-pull for each at least.

Then there's the target banners Balphon mentioned.

And I just saw this thread on reddit with the banners for Superfest which are insanely good for me. They are LMR or better, no SSB's. They have four 6* relics (csb/usb/osb), eight bsb's, and two LMR's.

Banner 1 only has one dupe for me and I would love to get anything else on the banner, even the LMR's, as I actually have good SB's already for Krile and Shantotto. I especially want Lenna's medica (nothing for her currently), or Squall's bsb2.

Banner 2 only has two dupes for me. I'd be happy with anything else except the LMR's, though the LMR's would be nice too if I pull any of the SB's for those characters too (especially Bartz). I especially want Zack's relics, because he's my favorite FF character, his csb is really good, and I've got a strong Wind team waiting for a Wind chain.

Banner 3 is the same as Banner 2 for me, two dupes and I'd like anything but the LMR's unless I get SB's for those characters too. I especially want Seymour's Dark chain as I have Raines' bsb and Nabaat's Dark imperil bsb. The Holy chain would also be great as I have tons of strong Holy options. I want Kefka's osb for the animation alone. Want Golbez bsb for Swolobez shenanigans. Want Arc's medica as I don't have one for III yet.

So yeah. Gotta save mythril. No pulls on X for me.

Balphon

It came at basically the same time as type-0 for JP, so most likely. Always the potential for it to get shuffled around for us though.

Beat the XII CM. Leveled up Larsa to 80 and took out Fran. Created and rank2 Steal Power for Vaan which I guess is Power Breakdown and attack up. Larsa then took control of FB and backup healed.

RW: Rikku's OP USB.

So I spent like 30 greater orbs for 3 major orbs. ha.

Kain

lol I just tried Tiny Bee for the first time since I got it and its fame is totally deserved, what a piece of trash lol

What the hell is the multiplier with the second command? It was healing for 700 hps a pop, it's a complete disaster xD

lol I just tried Tiny Bee for the first time since I got it and its fame is totally deserved, what a piece of trash lol

What the hell is the multiplier with the second command? It was healing for 700 hps a pop, it's a complete disaster xD
The medica is completely useless, but because it does NAT damage, it actually has its uses for damage against certain bosses that have high counter rates for physical and/or magic damage, or bosses with strange immunity patterns.

friz898

Got about 70 or so iTunes for my birthday. Turn 38 today.

I can't hold on to money long like a little kid. Which banner should I pull on, x-1 or x-2?

Edit: actually on any banner that is up.

Edit2: maybe I should try for thyrus

friz898

Did 5 pulls. All Bday money, not my own!

I chased Thyrus, did 3 pulls on the 14-1 banner, then I did one pull on the X-1 Banner, and 1 pull on the 12-1 Banner

Loot:

FFXIV Banner:

1/11 - Minifilia Last Stand SSB
2/11 - Cid BSB and Minifilia SSB again
4/11 - 4 Cid Glasses SSB (I mean really?)

FFX-1 Banner:

2/11 - Lulu LM, Auron SSB (dupe)

FF12-1 Banner:

4/11 - Penelo USB, Reks BSB, Reks SSB, Vaan SSB (dupe)

Looks like the last pull was the best one.

Top Bottom