• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

Yeah, that's what I meant and no I didn't have those equipped. Thanks.

Took Aeris out for Relm, which seems to be working. Put Shellga on Strago which means he is in the game for sure. Taking Mog out for Vaan is really my only play. I'll try with your tip about IKO and if that doesn't work, I'll have to bring in Vaan.

With Kain and Relm in I'm down to about 10 percent.

OK is so weak. His buffs are nice. He does shit for damage. Maybe I'll give him chain waterga since Strago doesn't use it much. Yes, yes, this might work.

What are you RWing?

I'm assuming you don't have it native.

Vaan might be enough to push your DPS, but it'll put a lot more strain on your healer, even with his double magic break, since no secondary healing from Mog or his Mag/Mind buff from his BSB (I'm assuming he has it).

Vaan was the trick plus your tip of IKO which I put a couple of majors on Strago and Relm.

Almost had it with Mog and would have made it had some move not knocked out a couple of characters...was down to 3%.

Put Vaan in on the front line and eeked out a win on first try. My $30 investment on Banner4 of the last fest has paid off with Relm and Vaan BSBs plus good ole luck getting Strago's burst. Can finish Squall's RM off! HUZZAH.

Strago's burst solo Mblink doesn't work on Tsunami. Could have cast 5 of those(1 per a character) between the waves of Tsunami by the boss...shame, would have been much easier despite doing less damage with CMD1.

Team was Kain, OK, Vaan, Strago, Relm. I'll post a picture within the day. Thanks for the help.

I don't have Mog's burst. Kinda stupid to have him in there instead of Vaan from the get go but he's a Moogle! Moogle's are awesome.

Mog was quite valuable on the 200 and 250 breaking the attack/defense of all the mobs. Not needed for 300 obviously.

Jump Start down with the full CM, had to S/L a couple times due to really unlucky Stone Punch hits. Paine was only level 73 for this but her en-Water SSB + BSB was doing very respectable damage.

CKLAh3a.jpg

Tidd

Game, just give me Major Dark Orbs. :(

Edit: And done. 180 stamina, 9 Major Dark Orbs. D300 Torment farming is so much fun and it's not harder than the dailies.

Iscariot

Felt good to roflstomp the 200 CM and 300 CM after this Torment gave me so much trouble on release.

For the JS CM I went with Auron (USB/BSB), Rikku (BSB), and Lulu (BSB), Ramza and Ysh. Cloud USB as my RW.

Between FB, the mug command on Rikku's BSB and the tri break on Auron's USB it cut Geo's boulder bullshit down to nothing. The magic blink really helped with the tidal waves. Then shout/chant plus RW for Rikku made each hit on entry about 20k.

Glorious.

evangd007

How much more difficult is d300 compared to d250? I completed d250 just fine with OK, Vanille, Tidus, Ramza, and Vaan. I'd like to replace OK with Rikku, but her levels aren't there yet.

Iscariot

How much more difficult is d300 compared to d250? I completed d250 just fine with OK, Vanille, Tidus, Ramza, and Vaan. I'd like to replace OK with Rikku, but her levels aren't there yet.

Easier imo. You just have to plan around his water vulnerability not activating until 41% health.

friz898

Well more options since Mako Might and Mog Teaching doesn't matter.

Also you don't need meteor/bladeblitz etc for battles, you only fight the boss.

For the boss, like Bahamut (but not nearly as hard) you kind of turtle at the beginning and then destroy him at 40%

With the water weakness, if you have a physical water relic, then Cloud USB is working wonders for us.

If anything the 300s are generally easier, since you can let loose with your strongest buffs and OSBs immediately. Not always though.

Just completed my first Legend Dive-- Celes. I can't believe we haven't gotten any more Wisdom motes since the very first batch. Poor Tyro is still waiting to even get his first LM.

friz898

If anything the 300s are generally easier, since you can let loose with your strongest buffs and OSBs immediately. Not always though.

Just completed my first Legend Dive-- Celes. I can't believe we haven't gotten any more Wisdom motes since the very first batch. Poor Tyro is still waiting to even get his first LM.

I have Firion and Vaan done. Relm is at halfway mark with 38 RS.

Nobody else even close really. I mean Tyro kinda is, but I still need to finish Sage Sphere and haven't gotten any motes for him.

friz898

Yeah, all these Dex motes are really not helping me LD Shantotto.

I have this lingering thought in the back of my head that maybe I'm not thinking my LD'ing through very well.

Like maybe I should plan it way out so that I don't use something on one person that's going to block someone else who's more important even if it isn't obvious.

For example (which is not a real one).. say Relm is halfway and Firion wasn't done...

...I get a mote that helps both, but firion needs something else I don't have yet. If I don't really plan this out ahead, I may go ahead and raise Relm, then find out that now that firion has that "other thing"...he is now again waiting because I gave Relm something he needed.

Kinda like, you want to level up a chinga and you have everything except 10 wind. ...then you go level up dark zone, when you get your 10 wind for chainga spell, you find out you're still stuck because you're dumb ass didnt account for darkzone using up those black orbs that the chainga spell needed.

I wrote that out really unorganized, but that's what I was trying to convey.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't stress about it. It's like anything else in this game, in 6 months we'll have more legend motes than we know what to do with, and we'll be worried about min-maxing some brand new thing instead.

Balphon

All legend dives use only two mote types so it's pretty easy to tell who is competing with who. Firion = Dex/Vit & Relm = Spi/Wis, so no issue there. Those happen to be the two most common combinations (and the only ones that don't use Bravery), though.

The LMs are the big prize and though some LM are better than others but you're probably going to be fine just diving the characters you use a lot.

4* motes are still always an issue but that basically boils down to "Need Vit and Wis motes!"

Finished the FFX JS Torment first try. With my setup the hardest part was doing enough damage. I was never in any danger of dying. Now with the new motes, I'll probably LD someone. Ramza is probably the obvious candidate as I have Shout, Chant and his USB but I'll take a look and see what would work best for my team.

Tidd

It's quiet funny that I only use SSBs (besides some abilities) for my Cloud RW setup:
Ramza: Shout and Chant
Faris: Imperil Wind SSB x3
Zidane: EnWind SSB x3 (after this Geosgaeno is dead)

I guess I will judge some SSBs differently from now on. Especially Imperil and En-Element stuff.

You must be using that drop predictor thingy.

I beat it again and got 5 greater dark orbs.

Of course. There's no way I'm this lucky. Just started using it today. Was always too lazy to set this up. But it was pretty easy on my android phone. Without spending any Mythril I will get at least 180 Major Dark orbs until the torment dungeon closes. This also includes doing all the events. Better than any orbfest or daily.

Xetherion

d200 and d250 torments down, mega meta steamrolled them as usual.

Gonna try Celes w/ Cloud usb for JS once i have enough stam. Since Geosgaeno doesn't have 50% holy res like Seymour did i'm hoping to get bigger damage numbers this time.

Edit: yeah, Celes worked great in the JS. Agrias was also able to pump out damage too, I had her use the other cast of Cloud usb because she was almost capping damage on her 2nd cast of imperil bsb, so on her 3rd cast of imperil bsb she did 22k x4! Then she was still hitting 20k+ x2 with bsb cmd2, didn't get to see how much Saint Cross would do. Celes was also doing like 22k x4 with bsb2 cmd1, 34k x2 with Engulfing Twinstrike. Didn't get to see how much 2nd cast of bsb2 would do as Ceodore finished off boss with 3rd cast of his bsb, which was doing respectable damage itself at like 8k x8.

Finally finished Celes' Legend dive and got her LM2, looking forward to having an easier time building gauge with her. I think i'm going to start working on fully diving Agrias next, excited to see what kind of damage she can do with some more boosts, plus her LM2 has an imperil holy proc when using Knight abilities to push her imperil abilities even higher.

Rubenov

Optimized a few things and now I'm clearing D300 Geosgaeno in 3 min and change (recording time not game time); basically the boss goes down after one cast of Tidus' Water chain (powered by Cloud USB).

Can't wat to fully dive, and then Legend-dive Tidus. The DPS will be even crazier (Personal goal of 11 x 99,999 on entry).

ultra7k

Geez I hate Geosgaeno.

By all rights I should be able to beat him down, but I just can't get the mastery. Back to the drawing board.

friz898

1. Part 1 - Checking in:

Ok so we get Type-0 event tonight, with 3 new characters, questions:

1. So normal thurs/sun event, with easy raids tonight?
2. Any of the three new characters really good in this game? I enjoyed Type-0. Didn't love it though. I thought it was cool having a X-men Gambit like character for something different.
3. Anything real important on tonights banner? Lol, I got a 5star on the beyond banner. ... I still have never used it. I envision possibly the same for anything on this banner.
4. Is there anything else about tonight, I guess Nightmare is half, but for those of us who have it done, then nothing to care about there.

2. Part 2 - Motes/Record Spheres:

After my comments yesterday about not planning out the record spheres and blocking people unintentionally, when I woke up today I mapped it out.

Turns out for the 6 or 7 characters I truly am trying to raise, they are ALL waiting on a combination of the same 3 motes for the 4 star category.

Spirit and Wisdom mostly, Some Vitality.

Not a single thing else.

For the 5 star category, the only person who applies is Relm, she's waiting on..wait for it...

Spirit and Wisdom 5 star motes!

I was just curious, is this pretty much the roadblock for most people? Or is there people out there really hurting for Dex or Bravery motes?

Iscariot

My impression of the banner and the characters from Type-0 is a hard "meh". It introduces chase mechanics, but will get outshined shortly by the FF8, FF6, and FF4 banners expected in the coming weeks.

And yeah, the entire event is pretty low difficulty. I don't think it gets bonus battles Sunday, pretty sure it only goes to +++.

Balphon

Type-0 has a U++ fight but nothing above that.

Ace is good. Deuce is okay with a strong BSB. Nine is....eh. Like I said previously, they had a game with a cast of like 15 people and gave us another wind dragoon.

friz898

Holy fucking shit.

STILL WORKS as of 11:47am Central.

I GOT WALL

WALLLLLL WAALLLLL

Weird bug. Makes me want to do more paid pulls, but is there ANYTHING worth getting? (now that I have my wall)

Edit: Pic

8o6arUpl.png

Nah, 1 pull for a guaranteed Wall is fine the rest is outdated.

The worst thing can happen is dena refunds 50 mythril or gem to every player who pulled here and bye relics :(

Was worth it to round out a few characters. I have like 8 sentinel grimiores now. Definitely pull if you need it. Some of the free choice relics are ok for element boosts.

Even though it's sort of out of date, I finally own shout. Probably pulled on that like 20 times since it launched with no luck.

friz898

Sanchez, thank you. You have no idea how happy that made me. Wall, Shout, and just catching a glitch when I can.

Post someone when it gets found and fixed, curious how long the window will be..

Top Bottom