• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

They must think you're such a big whale you must have pulled not long ago, and didn't even bother to check. :p

lol. fwiw I didn't have it originally, it literally just came in when I posted that. So maybe it's being staggered out, or everyone has it now but just need to check again?

Shadow780

There's some pretty good stuff on it and it's solid overall. Ace USB and Deuce BSB are the standouts. Main downside is the rare synergy. Compared to upcoming banners it's probably about average.

There will be another event but not for a long time (6~ months).

IMO, no. The synergy is rare (no realm dungeons as of yet, and one additional Type-0 event coming up in 6+ months), and nothing here is so good that it overshadows other SB's from other realms.

The only reason I would pull here is if you personally just like the game/characters.

Thanks will save it then, what's the next hot thing later?

friz898

After making 4 8 stars items I am way broke and already sold several hundred each of equipment materials

If I wanted money now... should I go farm today's equipment daily or is there a better method until Gil daily

Rubenov

After making 4 8 stars items I am way broke and already sold several hundred each of equipment materials

If I wanted money now... should I go farm today's equipment daily or is there a better method until Gil daily

Gil daily is tomorrow! Hang in there....

Wow the event intro FMV actually worked for once. They usually skip when I try to play.

I also took down U Yunalesca trying out Garnet BSB2 and Lightning USB. Towing Vaan along I kind of ended the fight before I could do much with Lightning (I mm'd Garnet and Fran) except do about 50k with Army of one entry which was probably good because she had been dispelled. Had a lucky accident with RW. Picked Tyro USB for hastega so dodged Holy in Phase 2 thanks to astra.

Future King of DPS Math:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75581684

Ace is at #4, but is later upgraded to #3
The fact there are combos listed that don't use SBs at all surprise me though those are LM related.

friz898

The dps sheet is interesting and can learn from it but heavily incomplete, like he calls it. Version 5 but if you don't even have a base for each character then I would call it an Alpha.

I have made a lot of stuff like that for real life and video game things and I don't know, I would never bookmark it a resource.

Now something like Enlir or MisterP and some of the reddit resources are outstanding.

Not to criticize but just even reading the thread, it really isn't ready for public consumption.

Maybe though I should make something like that with the characters I use with the hones and tools and sb I have.

Balphon

Future King of DPS Math:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75581684

Ace is at #4, but is later upgraded to #3

Seems a little off. Ace's LMR doesn't add damage so I'm not sure why it's indicated if that's supposed to be a max damage calculation. In fact it seems to completely ignore LM2s like Ace's which would likely be ideal for the 30 second start-of-battle rotation he's calculating.

FAKE EDIT: I looked farther along and he seems to be amending the list based on that and other issues. Makes sense.

That said, even in the abstract Ace's USB is just a slightly worse version of Terra's already excellent one (trades 10s of buff time for a weak chase). It's tops.

Thanks will save it then, what's the next hot thing later?

There's a bunch of sought-after banners coming up quickly. Rubicante 1 (Edge/Rosa USB), Gladiolus/Iris, Faris 1 (Bartz USB/Faris USB2) & Gogo/Umaro 1 (Shadow/Setzer USB) will probably all get varying degrees of hype.

If you mean way later it's the FFTA banner in like 4-5 months.

Balphon

Why does Faris get a USB2 already? Huge in Japan

Little bit of that, little bit of her USB1 is on the underpowered side.

Did I hear right that TA has Tactics relics on it? Bleh why. It's a different world, different game.

Yes; the Agrias and Ramza stuff new to that first banner is particularly good.

If you want someone to distentangle the Ivalice timeline, try the TZA thread. :)

Then you can come back and we can argue that FFXII and FFT are the same world and should share synergy.

friz898

Little bit of that, little bit of her USB1 is on the underpowered side.

Yes; the Agrias and Ramza stuff new to that banner is particularly good.

If you want someone to distentangle the Ivalice timeline, try the TZA thread. :)

Then you can come back and we can argue that FFXII and FFT are the same world and should share synergy.

I am aware of all that... I just hate seeing Tactics tarnished with some b movie spinoff called Advance. This is from someone who beat ta1 and ta2. Even when I got Lufo in the psp added content it felt dirty.

12 and Tactics Advance even share the Fran race is my memory of 10 years ago is correct.

evangd007

There's a bunch of sought-after banners coming up quickly. Rubicante 1 (Edge/Rosa USB), Gladiolus/Iris, Faris 1 (Bartz USB/Faris USB2) & Gogo/Umaro 1 (Shadow/Setzer USB) will probably all get varying degrees of hype.

If you mean way later it's the FFTA banner in like 4-5 months.

Is the upcoming FFVIII 1 any good? I'd like another shot at Squall's BSB2, but I haven't heard anything about Squall or Seifer's USBs leading me to believe that they aren't that good.

friz898

Is the upcoming FFVIII 1 any good? I'd like another shot at Squall's BSB2, but I haven't heard anything about Squall or Seifer's USBs leading me to believe that they aren't that good.

Hell when are we getting something ff1 or ff2... especially 2. I have almost nothing for both. Thank goodness for Firion BSB.

Rubenov

Seifer's USB solidifies him as the debuff God, but Squall's USB is nothing to write home about if you already have his BSB2.

Edit: Sorry, confused Seifer with Setzer

evangd007

Hell when are we getting something ff1 or ff2... especially 2. I have almost nothing for both. Thank goodness for Firion BSB.

Meia's FF1 event we skipped and it's still untranslated. Technically it was a collab with Mobius, so we may not get it at all. Scott's FF2 event should be coming around the next fest.

MrDaravon

I just got the free 10 mythril from pulling in KC 2 "right before" maintenance, but I only pulled on it once when it very first went up months and months ago. Whoopsie?

10 mythril goes a decent way towards me being less salty about missing the glitch (again I really just want Terra's BSB for waifu purposes mostly) so I'm pretty ok with this.

Balphon

I'd say no.

Squall's USB is poor by USB standards. His BSB2 is likely universally better.

Seifer USB is an En-Dark soul break in need of better physical dark skills.

Other stuff on it is okay to good but mostly old. Squall BSB2 is the highlight.

Banner 2 is better, has superior 6*s (Rinoa CSB, Fujin OSB) and the stronger slate of old items. Edea/Fujin BSBs are the highlights.

friz898

Something made my nose itch, it was crazy.

Then I realized nobody had posted here in 24 hours. Goodness, I'm here to the rescue.

Nothing tonight right? I love the new content so much I can't not beat things right away or at least in 24 hours, but it really leaves me in withdrawal for the days not Thursday or Sunday.

On a positive note, I farmed some gil.

Maybe I'll farm whatever the other daily is some.

Jarekx

I'm just farming the torment. With an inspector it makes it too valuable not to farm it. 3 MDO per 60 stam is fantastic.

Jarekx

An inspector can read data about FFRK. I"m not sure about everything it can see, but I know that drops are calculated when you enter a specific stage and the inspector can see that as soon as you enter and tell you what those drops will be. In the case of torments you can see what the drops are and back out since it doesn't cost stamina and repeat til you get what you want.

I remember using one back in the day to cut time when farming Humbaba for greater wind orbs. It would still cost the stamina but you wouldn't have the waste time with the fight if he didn't drop what you wanted.

Rubenov

Yep, currently using FFRKreeper inspector to farm Geosgaeno. My runs take about 3 mins and 10 seconds. I've tried but can't get it faster than that. I saw a video of 2:5? with a wind chain and Cloud USB.

friz898

well that's a good tip.

Did I read that right, I need to load this in a browser on my phone? or is this an app I can find that has eluded me before on iTunes.

Rubenov

well that's a good tip.

Did I read that right, I need to load this in a browser on my phone? or is this an app I can find that has eluded me before on iTunes.

The inspector is just a website (the one I use is ffrkreeper.com). To use it, you have to copy / paste your session id. There are several ways to do this, I use an app called "Packet Capture". There are youtube videos on how to use it. You find your session id using this, copy and paste it on the website, then just play regularly and check your drops. The session id lasts for days but I'm not sure exactly how long.

I think I'm to the point of needing to keep a spreadsheet to keep up with my soul breaks. A couple times recently I've wanted to know something like, what physical blink SBs do I have, or what SBs do I have that imperil a certain element. Mostly I can just remember this stuff but it's getting to be a lot. :)

Rubenov

I think I'm to the point of needing to keep a spreadsheet to keep up with my soul breaks. A couple times recently I've wanted to know something like, what physical blink SBs do I have, or what SBs do I have that imperil a certain element. Mostly I can just remember this stuff but it's getting to be a lot. :)

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, when I remembered some soul breaks I have that I forgotten about. On that note, ffrk central is a good tool to keep track of your SBs if you link your account, and we won't be able to link our accounts to it after they remove the one-time account link code in the coming days.

For funsies, below is my fastest JS300 3-man CM clear time so far, just under 3 minutes recording time (1 speed). Tidus chain did over 600,000 damage on entry after 11 hits. This makes me think about the potential for the upcoming Kain Lightning Chain.... since it's 20 hits on entry you could do well over 1,000,000 damage on entry with Cloud USB! (*and a bunch of buffs)

https://youtu.be/2l9HYK_plK8

That, and I want to know what Cmd1 and Cmd2 of various Bursts do that I have equipped - when I'm in battle. It's pretty indefensible that you can't pause and press to figure out what shit does.

And I completely agree about SB tracking. Things are starting to get a little unwieldy,

friz898

I have a list for elements, list for imperil and en-element, debuffs and buffs.... I don't have one for cmd bursts because afraid of overkill but I usually check before battle starts. I agree you should be able to pause and check party (like a real FF) at any point.

In other news, Ace, Deuce, and Nine all 80.

MVP updates:

■ Rebirth Dungeons
Rebirth Dungeons are scheduled to open at 5:00 PM 8/8 PST (1:00 AM 8/9 UTC).
Six particularly tricky foes from past events return stronger than ever! A different boss will be unlocked in each phase--overcome the Apocalypse+ bosses to earn 5★ motes as rewards! This event will last until 4:59 PM 8/31 PST (12:59 AM 9/1 UTC).

■ Mote Dungeons Reopened!
Previously released Mote Dungeons are scheduled to reopen at 5:00 PM 8/1 PST (1:00 AM 8/2 UTC).
You can obtain 4★ motes to raise the Sphere Level of your favorite heroes!

■ Half Stamina Realm Dungeon campaign underway!
The Stamina cost in the Realm dungeons is currently halved for a limited time. The event will last until 4:59 PM 8/09 PST (12:59 AM 8/10 UTC). This is a great opportunity to boost max Stamina and scoop up Mythril from dungeons not yet cleared.

■ DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII- event!
The Dirge Begins is the debut event for DIRGE of CERBERUS ?FINAL FANTASY VII-, and will start at 5:00 PM 8/3 PST (1:00 AM 8/4 UTC). Not only will you be able to recruit Shelke in this event, you'll also be able to go up against strong adversaries such as Heavy Mount Soldiers and Azul the Cerulean!

Mvp letter says rebirth dungeons are incoming. What are these?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5kcv0h/rebirth_dungeons_boss_guide/

friz898

Bout to head out so no time to Google but do we have anything before Thurs?

I usually Google then go to kongbakpao or whatever. Is that what most of you do?

On inspector, I really wanted it but haven't found he time yet to find a good iOS packet sniffer app in order to use ffrkreeper.

Oh and both battles done. Ace was 80 and used as a mage. Rest of team was support and Sephiroth and Thancred fire BSBs.

The Coeurl were a bloody easy ultimate for me. Waves 2 and 3 died without getting a single attack off.

Raines RW, native sheepsong and vivi BSB2 for three stacking mag boosts. BSB users spammed cmd 2 (AoE...fire element also for vivi though Exdeath was doing 9999x2 with Raines anyway), krille used summons to mop up waves.

Rubenov

Lol Dena keeps tumbling upon itself with this mythril apology thing. Can't complain about free mythril, though.

On other news, seems like the slow week drove everyone to farm Geosgaeno using FFRKreeper. As a result, the website has slowed to a crawl or has flat out stopped working. This will make the slow week even slower :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Lol Dena keeps tumbling upon itself with this mythril apology thing.

this reminds me of a friend i had who was trimming eyebrows, trimmed one side a tiny bit too far, had to trim the other side to compensate, trimmed that a tiny bit too far, repeat, repeat again, by the time it was even the eyebrows were like half gone so they had to be shaved completely off and drawn on with an eyebrow pencil

^

friz898

Discussion about 6 Star Abilities. Mostly the Nightmare.

(Not all of them of course)

I think the first I will hone up to r2 will be Curada and Meltdown. Possibly Affliction Break also.

Should I even create Quadrupple Foul? What about Northern Cross. I already have that one, but considering shattering it. The only reason not to is simply because it's a 6star and by nature seems foolish.

Reraise. I'm not sure I'll ever use this. I do see if restores them with good life over a normal reraise, but with Last Stand and Arise and ReRaise Soul Breaks, how often do we see ourselves filling up a slot for a "just in case" spell. Even Life 3 or Reraise in normal Final Fantasies were hardly used.

Crushdown. I like that it hits all enemies, but like Northern Cross, how often is it ever going to kill anybody when we would generally only use a 6star ability in a raid or unkillable insta-k0 boss.

Penalty Snipe I haven't read up on as I haven't gone to the trouble of creating it yet. I think I read someone else just recently shattered it or passed on creating it? I imagine it's a machinist or sharpshooter status debuff deal that like other 6star abilities is rendered useless on 99% of bosses/raids.

Your thoughts folks? The gain is more crystals for Curada/Meltdown and some of the others I like. The downside is that whole remorse/regret thing on something that isn't yet able to be easily replaced.

Rubenov

I think the first I will hone up to r2 will be Curada and Meltdown. Possibly Affliction Break also.

Should I even create Quadrupple Foul? What about Northern Cross. I already have that one, but considering shattering it. The only reason not to is simply because it's a 6star and by nature seems foolish.

Reraise. I'm not sure I'll ever use this. I do see if restores them with good life over a normal reraise, but with Last Stand and Arise and ReRaise Soul Breaks, how often do we see ourselves filling up a slot for a "just in case" spell. Even Life 3 or Reraise in normal Final Fantasies were hardly used.

Crushdown. I like that it hits all enemies, but like Northern Cross, how often is it ever going to kill anybody when we would generally only use a 6star ability in a raid or unkillable insta-k0 boss.

Penalty Snipe I haven't read up on as I haven't gone to the trouble of creating it yet. I think I read someone else just recently shattered it or passed on creating it? I imagine it's a machinist or sharpshooter status debuff deal that like other 6star abilities is rendered useless on 99% of bosses/raids.

Your thoughts folks? The gain is more crystals for Curada/Meltdown and some of the others I like. The downside is that whole remorse/regret thing on something that isn't yet able to be easily replaced.

Quadruple Foul and Reraise are not worth it (you won't inflict statuses on high level bosses and Arise does the same thing as Reraise but cheaper). Crush down and Northern Cross are okay, but I wouldn't consider honing them either. Penalty Snipe has been power crept in the upcoming abilities balance.

Affliction Break is good, so is Meltdown. Chain Firagas will diminish Meltdown's value a bit when they get buffed to 4 hits, but Meltdown will still remain top DPS (I think it will be buffed to 5 hits).

I've personally honed Affliction Break, and will hone Meltdown whenever I get 2 more Black Crystals.

Xetherion

I've honed Meltdown and Affliction Break. Haven't even created Curada, never needed it.

Quadruple Foul is not worth it. Northern Cross gets buffed in the future i think. Also if you shatter it you can never create it again, as there's no way to get another Northern Cross record. I would never shatter any 6* ability that we got from Nightmare Dungeons.

Reraise and Crushdown are easy skips too. Some people have used Crushdown for clearing the regular mobs in Torments i think, but if you're clearing Torments without it there's no need for it.

Penalty Snipe does get buffed, but i'm not sure how much, don't remember the specifics.

friz898

I was thinking earlier about the Nightmare Shatter thing.

When you shatter (I haven't even brought up the screen to confirm) doesn't it give you back a nightmare record? I mean, on one hand, I see why not, on the other hand, I mean, you are getting back what you used to make it....

....surely there will be future (and not too distant either) ways to get these spells? I mean, I'm not ready to pull trigger either, but I'm looking for some reassurance here to be reckless like cpp!

Only 6* abilities I use are

Meltdown (R2)
Valigarmanda
Snowspell Strike (R2)
Omega Drive
Affliction Break (R2)
Sky High (R2)
Mug Bloodlust

I created Lifebane and Stitch in Time but they rarely get any actual use.

Never saw the appeal of Curada over Ultra Cure. (Although, now that I think about it, a healer could carry both if I've got Rikku on the team covering Protectga and Shellga...)

Top Bottom