• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I used to think the Thursday night raids were a waste of time for being too easy, but now I kinda prefer them to the Sunday night raids, and the reason is this: Leaders are more chill. You can bring unconventional characters like Prishe or Gogo or something, or even (gasp!) characters who aren't level 99, and you won't get kicked for it.

On the harder raids, there's like a list of 10 characters that are acceptable to bring. Irish, dogs, and non-level 99 need not apply.

friz898

If you can't control it then quit, or block in app purchases from the game or remove your CC info from the phone. Another extreme solution is selling all your relics, orbs and abilities, uninstall, get drunk and cry yourself to sleep lol.

I did something similar to quit Everquest in 2001. My first time ever being addicted to a game or putting it ahead of real life priorities. Good thing I found the MMO life before WoW mania came in or before marriage and kid.

friz898

I used to think the Thursday night raids were a waste of time for being too easy, but now I kinda prefer them to the Sunday night raids, and the reason is this: Leaders are more chill. You can bring unconventional characters like Prishe or Gogo or something, or even (gasp!) characters who aren't level 99, and you won't get kicked for it.

On the harder raids, there's like a list of 10 characters that are acceptable to bring. Irish, dogs, and non-level 99 need not apply.

Except it's too easy! Or you don't get to have your personal big moment because the boss died after two soul breaks!

friz898

Mental illness sounds weird, but I definitely do have a problem with these kinds of games. It doesn't create a financial burden luckily, but i can easily spend like $2k/year on these kinds of games.

Well going from a mini whale in 2015 to these days 100 gem pulls, 25 mythril DU pulls, and the once in a while 11pull -- it was a transition but fortunately your are already setup for the next 6months plus.

Just take out the chasing part.

Baseball cards lose their fun when you open the pack and just fan through as fast as possible to see if you got the Ken Griffey Jr rookie card. But don't even really care to sort trough what cards you did get in that pack that are completely new even if it's a member of a shitty team like the Giants.

Rubenov

FYI, in case anyone has used FFKReeper as their drop inspector, it's now working really good and fast (the developer made some fixes to it to handle the load).

SoulUnison

Banned
This game desperately needs the ability to auto-sell equipment you already have one of upgraded/combined to its maximum. I believe Mobius has something like this.

There's *nothing* that kills my motivation to keep playing like running out of inventory room and knowing I need to spend an inordinate amount of time going through everything to see what I can safely chuck in the garbage.
When I try to start a dungeon and see the "You've run out of space" thing pop up, 90% of the time I just shut my phone off right there and don't return to the game for days.

This game desperately needs the ability to auto-sell equipment you already have one of upgraded/combined to its maximum.
I believe Mobius has something like this.

There's *nothing* that kills my motivation to keep playing like running out of inventory room and knowing I need to spend an inordinate amount of time going through everything to see what I can safely chuck in the garbage.

Sort by level, ascending. You can batch sell all the level 1 crap that you acquire. It's honestly not that bad.

Now, if there were a way to figure out what equipment and Soul Breaks I had -- like, "show me all of my +fire equipment, en-Fire SBs, and Fire imperils" -- that would be so useful. I don't even know what I have anymore, and it's only getting worse. It's so damn unwieldy, and I don't want to make a spreadsheet for a mobile game.

SoulUnison

Banned
Sort by level, ascending. You can batch sell all the level 1 crap that you acquire. It's honestly not that bad.

Now, if there were a way to figure out what equipment and Soul Breaks I had -- like, "show me all of my +fire equipment, en-Fire SBs, and Fire imperils" -- that would be so useful. I don't even know what I have anymore, and it's only getting worse. It's so damn unwieldy, and I don't want to make a spreadsheet for a mobile game.

I usually sort by "newest," and just sell everything that's 3* or lower, but it's still an extremely annoying part of the game's day-to-day experience.

Anustart

Yeah I'm done with the game. I just don't have fun with it anymore, and I only ever pull 1/11 ssb. Fuck off with your guaranteed 1 piece of shit / 11 pulls.

Later guys, been fun!

friz898

I don't have any issue with the inventory. It can be made better, that's for sure. I usually use all the 3 star and daily 1 star stuff has upgrade fodder when I get a new 5 star. I also use the gained-newest.

I still could use 3 star equipment in ff1 and armor for ff2. Not counting beyond, 15, 0, and 11, there is nothing else that a 3 star upgraded to a 6 star could do for me.

As for things to add, ya imperil and en element would be nice. I do use the boost element option often.

I want a sort by HP selection in accessories since I often put +hp on any caster below 6k hps. Helped a lot with Edea and Vivi before they were 99.

As for needing more space, I had like 370 inventory slots before I sold off a ton of accessories I was never going to use. Also when I reached the point where I didn't need 3star gear anymore, that opened up a lot of room. Same with abilities, I had a ton of slots when I was keeping everything including 1star spells but when I shattered a ton, I opened up a ton of room.

Anustart, hope its only a break buddy.

Rubenov

If you're f2p then it's best to only pull on Lucky draws and fest banners, to avoid the 1/11 ssbs (or at least half price in the case of luckies) and the saltiness that ensues.

Tidd

Too bad, but yeah sometimes it's better to quit if you don't enjoy things anymore and I know that pulling good things is a part of enjoyment for these kind of games.

Looks like we will get another dungeon update next week. (Wednesday?)
Relics: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe..._in_realm_dungeon_lucky_35_relic_draw_no_lmr/ & https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6q8i78/du_35_ld_relic_listiii_xiii_t/

Probably gonna skip it. Only thing I really want is OK BSB & Lightning USB/BSB2. I should save my mythril for future banners which are better. And for the next six weeks literally every event from now on has one banner that is better than this.

II Torment is coming again. Think I beat 200 last time. Hope to get through 250 or maybe I did that too???. Broke Tifa and Ingus as I have their Earth Bursts which I guess they're weak to. So maybe I can work them into a team. Doubt 300 will be possible with no II gear.

Need some heals for tactics and any weapons, preferably Luneth's, for III. Will be pulling. Think I only have 12 out of 79.

MrDaravon

I've got 25/79 on that LD but will still pull. Outside of not being able to help myself on LD's I still don't have a lot of the top prizes on there and I still have nothing for Cid. Also I have all of OK's relics somehow but jackshit else in FF3.

Rubenov

I've been debating hard on who to give this last MC3 (the one we got as a gift yesterday), in order to both make the upcoming Multiplayer easier, as well as be better prepared for the upcoming FFII Torment D300. There's also another MC3 tonight, so I can level 2 characters.

For MP...

Physical blink and Last Stand/revive will be essential against the Tornberry King. Candidates:

- Edge w/ SSB (Last Stand + PHY blink). Bonus points for getting his USB soon which will make him top DPS in the game along with Shadow.

- Gordon SSB. Bonus for raising the team's MAG + ATK, along with the blink. Also, could help in the upcoming Torment.

- Fujin SSB (affliction break + PHY blink). Main bonus is that she will most definitely form a part of my Wind magicite team, since the boss has super high defenses to neuter Cloud USB, hence a magical team is more beneficial.

For the Torment:

- Tifa w/ USB, BSB. If I raise her, I get that +30% Earth damage RM. I'd use her to RW Cloud USB during Jumpstart and compete with other nerds for lowest clear time :p .

So anyway, 4 options and 2 crystals. Thoughts are welcome.

Rubenov

Edge is probably the most broadly useful so I'd go with him.

Ah, already leveled Fuijin since I'm planning on pulling tonight for her stuff + the Ice chain. Maybe Edge will take the 2nd MC3... but I'm worried about the II Torment tomorrow.

Anyway, pumped that multiplayer is finally returning after a long week without one. Good luck everyone.

Pulled on VIII-2 as I need better mage gear for the realm.

Got Edea's Burst, Rinoa's Earth plus Guise, Strago says hello, and a dupe pauldron which isn't bad as it raises Lightning for Kain while improving off realm stats.

Think I may skip IV and make my next pull VII-2. Would like some more wind besides Strago burst and I just whiffed on Fujin. Tifa Ultra would also be welcome.

Multiplayer is biggest BS fight ever, as expected

Yeah, it sucks. I got lucky and wound up in a team with Zack CSB/BSB and Cloud BSB2 (also synergized well with Fujin whom I brought), and Yuna USB. Geez, Yuna USB is the real deal.

To beat him you need multiple Last Stand sources AND big damage AND Song for Spira AND physical blink. It's freaking rough.

220 mastered.

The "lower resistance/defense" adds another layer of stupid artificial difficulty...

I went TGCid + Ramza (entrust battery) and build enough SB bar to cast Shout and entrust 1.5/2 sb bars. Agrias helped with imperil holy and Celes with an additional +atk.

I think going Wind team is easier but all the USB clouds I had in the team were idiots.

180 CM easily beaten with a full backrow team. Saving the rest for tomorrow.

2r00qRa.jpg

friz898

Ok just jumpstart and Raids left.

Did CM and the three battles. The archaesours were the hardest of the three fights since was using CM team but once I went full back row like was already mentioned then they were really easy.

Beat the regular d220 first try. In fact it seemed way too easy.

Normal A team of

Firion - breaks and mblink
Relm - last stand bsb
Vaan - breaks, bsb, OSB
Tyro - Wall and backup heals
Ramza - full break, banishing strike and Shout

RW was radiant shield.

Didn't do anything with elements was nonstop break abilities with everybody hitting 9999. Radiant shield did a good amount.

She cast and missed sleepga on my three front liners. They had major and moderate sleep resist.

Balphon

I thought the MP was simple with enough sources of raise, last stand, and regen. Might be easier said, though.

Regardless, it's a silly fight. The only way to do it is with brute force and it inevitably devolves into a total shitshow. Kinda like Nemesis, in a way.

Rest of the event was pretty trivial.

friz898

I have to agree with Balphon.

Event overall was very easy. Got it all done.

I found this last stand fest to be easier than our last - last stand battle, the tree that stomped.

Anyway with Arise and Last Stand, it's easy. It is very boring though as most groups are going to turtle it.

Best thing about this event was vitality motes. I forgot however that Tyro is waiting on 4star spirit to open up LM grid and Relm is waiting on 5star spirit to get her halfway point LM.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This Apoc was surprisingly easy, after the meatgrinder of the last one.

The raid was stupid though. It feels like yet another gear check, where you need Eiko/Yuna USB/BSBs to make it work.

Finally beat this shit with a sorta Lightning team. Shant Chain, Lightning Imperil Lightning and Kain Burst(me). Also brought Mog for protect, SSB and D down. Yuna and Eiko did a great job healing.

Looking ahead on Kongbakpao, it looks we will get MC3s for Shelke, Rubicante, Gladio, and Iris in the events in which the characters drop. Is this the way it goes from now on? We won't need to save blank MC3 lodes for any future characters?

Junahu

Invincible Galuf strategy came so close to victory. It's so simple too, Galuf turns invincible at 100% HP, becoming the target of Tonberry's single target attacks. Everyone else blitzes the boss. No need to heal
No need to heal...
Deuce didn't seem to get the message (the literal message I wrote for the room), and thought that keeping everyone fully healed should be her top priority. Her healing killed everyone, and I'm really salty about it.

So here's what happens.
I mistime my last Unshaken Resolve and Galuf suffers damage from Ultimate Junk. But that's okay, I timed a heal from Yuna to activate right before Unshaken Resolve happens. Unfortunately, Deuce had healed Yuna one turn prior. So Yuna gets a faceful of knife, and the Instant Death procs through my Major resist accessory.

Dead Yuna, no heal. Yuna also happens to be the only source of Revive in this fight; Deuce bafflingly didn't bring one.

But even THAT'S okay, because Deuce also has an attack lined up, and since Galuf is the most damaged ally, surely he'll be the one healed. We can still save this. Right? .... right?

Hahahaha. It's not a heal. It's a Regen + Last Stand, when the party already had Last Stand

Galuf becomes invincible with less HP than the rest of the party. Tonberry goes to town on everyone. The end.

Rubenov

Looking ahead on Kongbakpao, it looks we will get MC3s for Shelke, Rubicante, Gladio, and Iris in the events in which the characters drop. Is this the way it goes from now on? We won't need to save blank MC3 lodes for any future characters?

Is that what it means, or just that their MC3 appears at the Hall of Rites during the event? I think it's the latter, otherwise they will just push these characters down on you at the expense of everyone else.

Balphon

Torment JS 3-man Cid Mission was way easier than I thought it would be. Vaan/Alphinaud continue to be an extremely effective non-realm combo for these.

Never did the 200 CM on this one, might save trying that for later in the week though.

friz898

Got the 250. Never had done it before. The initial wave of damage is brutal but I got them on my second real try.

Was something like take my A Team, decided radiant shield would be useful so after died replaced Ramza with Alphi.

Took 2 s/l after that but then very smooth fight. The s/l was about getting Wall in before a one hit kill sinde I didn't cast Wall the round before.

This realm is really hard for me, I only have one single relic for the realm. Going to go try d300.

Is that what it means, or just that their MC3 appears at the Hall of Rites during the event? I think it's the latter, otherwise they will just push these characters down on you at the expense of everyone else.

Ah, yes, I think you're probably right. I pulled up the last FF12 event and there's a datamined picture of Reks' MC3 though I'm pretty sure that wasn't an event reward. I thought the last time I remembered seeing one like that was the Noctis event, where we did get his MC3.

Got the 250 down with ZERO II equipment. Unbelievable.

Steiner BSB and OSB, Snowspell, LifeSiph
OK BSB, PBD, Shell
Mog Att-Def Down SSB AOE, Multibreak, Heathen Frolic
Palom BSB, Chain Bio, Chain Fire
Relm BSB, Ultra Cure, Protect

Relm BSB has gotten me through everything. Steiner OSB also huge that I got from last Lucky.

RW wall, used at start and near end of Lightning. Take down order: Lightning, Ice, Fire

Also got up to 21 black crystals, so Meltdown R2. :D

Will probably put in Terra for Palom for Jump Start. With improved stats on bosses will be tough.

Top Bottom