• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Jarekx

Since I got everything I basically wanted from banner I decided to use the other pull I was saving on banner 2. Looking for Braskas BSB / SSB or either USB.

1/11- Wakkas USB

Now I'm only missing an ice imperil and an earth imperil.

Xetherion

Seymour Natus raid was really easy, took down both difficulties with PUGs. Having a max level Celes with bsb2 and fully dived (except for LM2, need a few more motes) is really nice for Holy weak bosses. With Shout, VoF, Celes' self-buffs, and a Holy Chain from a WoL, cmd1 was hitting 40k every turn, and 2nd entry of bsb2 was 80k.

sounds like torment X for tuesday, thank god! looking forward to another torment jumpstart, my X synergy is pretty decent led by Yuna's USB and I have rikku's bsb, so stack stack stack the imperils now.

Tidd

MP was easy. I learned to host the MP and kick everyone until you have the team you want. Less annoying than joining randoms and getting the "party is full" message.

JS was tricky because it's kinda hard to time the weakness if you want to cheese it with Cloud's USB. At the end I used Steiner for Imperil Fire and Refia as my main DD. Used ice weakness phase to set everything up including debuffs. And after that he switched to fire. Guess I need to count my attacks for the normal fight.

sounds like torment X for tuesday, thank god! looking forward to another torment jumpstart, my X synergy is pretty decent led by Yuna's USB and I have rikku's bsb, so stack stack stack the imperils now.

VITALITY MOTES!!! My Squall is ready! (if we get the JS fight)

Got about 70 or so iTunes for my birthday. Turn 38 today.

Happy Belated Birthday! :)

JS was tricky because it's kinda hard to time the weakness if you want to cheese it with Cloud's USB. At the end I used Steiner for Imperil Fire and Refia as my main DD. Used ice weakness phase to set everything up including debuffs. And after that he switched to fire. Guess I need to count my attacks for the normal fight.

yeah, I'm done with all but the regular. js was using lightning's bsb2 primarily and cloud's usb, but I never got the damage really that high due to the switches. it switched so often naturally I was only dispelled twice without counting. regular is going to be much trickier I think. may do mage meta since I have shan's multi elemental bsb.

edit: my lightning's relic legend materia kicked in a couple times in JS to do quite a bit of additional damage.

friz898

Just got the regular. d220

Took one try with current team but it was close and I had tried other teams 4 or 5 times prior.

Firion for mblink
Wakka for debuff bsb and full break

Tyro for Prot shell and Blink
Relm for last stand
Alphi for radiant shield

RW was Yuna USB

I will say once magic break down, Wakka bsb, full break, keeper tome debuff and shellga were all set up my guys could take 4 Chain hits. It took his magic down to about 2k

I have pics but you see what I used , mastered it

oh, let me add that I've been using Angelsong via tyro on the JS's since it was released. I don't think its ever saved me exactly, but it has allowed me to easily take them out with only one healer used.

friz898

JS was easy cheese after regular d220

Did a VoF, Ramza USB, Lenna USB, Minfilia Raise ATM large amount then did RW Cloud with my Vaan who did BSB

BSB hit for 18k x5, then mug bloodlust hit for 37k. Support abilities were hitting doe 24k took him down real fast.

Vaan is now fully dived and has Skybound. He was only missing the Bravery motes.

Firion still stuck at 49 RS

180 CM done with mage team. Native Hyper Mighty G helps here...

w3RGM03.jpg

The 220 was kinda rough. I tried juggling his weaknesses but what ended up working was just brute forcing him with non-ele and holy/dark spells. Setzer was there to debuff his magic as much as possible.

Same overall strategy for JS. Ignore mechanics and pound him with non-elemental and holy attacks. I used Relm USB for my RW here for party 0CT.

The raid was easy once I got a group that left Mortibody alone. Celes BSB2 was awesome here.

Balphon

oh, let me add that I've been using Angelsong via tyro on the JS's since it was released. I don't think its ever saved me exactly, but it has allowed me to easily take them out with only one healer used.

It's a pretty nice support ability and it doesn't require hones to be useful. Only problem is there aren't many 5* Bards and just two or three of them are true healers (though Deuce is another one and should be coming soon).

Jarekx

I've only done up thru the cm. Wasn't too bad once I got Cindy? down. Rikku USB'd and danced. Wakka provided other breaks and then imperil when it was ready. Then tidus finished then with his BSB.

I'll try 220, JS, and MP tomorrow.

Hopefully we do get the JS in the torment dungeon. My squall is ready. Then I need to decide on whether I go with Cloud (USB/BSB2) or Vaan(USB/BSB/LMR) for my next dive. I'm leaning Vaan since he's basically irreplaceable for me at the moment.

Mastered everything, including CM, but solo 220 where I won but had too many characters perish for mastery. Probably some tinkering I can pull to work it out.

Iscariot

For those who might be having trouble with the 220 and JS, it's a million times easier to simply ignore the vulnerability mechanics (outside of maybe counting your hits per cycle) and roll in with your non elemental beast team and melt him.

It might be different if you have Fuujin or Vaan's BSB's or use a reverse wall, but I RW'd Wall with a full break, MBreakdown, and shell and that made the damage pretty manageable. Got the ice medal requirement, built up meter, then Shout/Chant with Eiko's BSB and a physical team mulched him in 2-3 turns.

Even easier with the JS.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the sisters are vulnerable to interrupt if anyone is trying for the CM. Makes Rikku's BSB much more valuable.

Mastered the 220. Not sure what brings about Ultima but beat him under the limit with everyone standing.

Vaan BSB
Tyro BSB
OK BSB Mako
Palom BSB Dr. Mog
Garnet SSB

friz898

For those who might be having trouble with the 220 and JS, it's a million times easier to simply ignore the vulnerability mechanics (outside of maybe counting your hits per cycle) and roll in with your non elemental beast team and melt him.

It might be different if you have Fuujin or Vaan's BSB's or use a reverse wall, but I RW'd Wall with a full break, MBreakdown, and shell and that made the damage pretty manageable. Got the ice medal requirement, built up meter, then Shout/Chant with Eiko's BSB and a physical team mulched him in 2-3 turns.

Even easier with the JS.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the sisters are vulnerable to interrupt if anyone is trying for the CM. Makes Rikku's BSB much more valuable.

To piggyback off you and Erasure.

I just went with Melee team. Had Hailstorm for medal but no magic. Radiant shield works nicely. The melee support made his magic turn into a tickle.

For Jumpstart I just abused Cloud USB as my RW.

Here's a question for your guys' consideration. I have 6 copies of Balthier's +Fire armor sitting in my vault. Yes, this thing was the bane of my existence on FF12 banners. I pulled it 9 times. I'm pretty sure one pull was a 3/11 with 3 copies of the same armor. So I've got one ++ reforged copy in my inventory, and 6 more in the vault. Just in case I ever have need of reforging this two more times to create the ultimate FF12 +Fire team, I guess. So the question is, is this stupid and should I just use them as Rosetta Stones right now instead of hoarding.

Here's a question for your guys' consideration. I have 6 copies of Balthier's +Fire armor sitting in my vault. Yes, this thing was the bane of my existence on FF12 banners. I pulled it 9 times. I'm pretty sure one pull was a 3/11 with 3 copies of the same armor. So I've got one ++ reforged copy in my inventory, and 6 more in the vault. Just in case I ever have need of reforging this two more times to create the ultimate FF12 +Fire team, I guess. So the question is, is this stupid and should I just use them as Rosetta Stones right now instead of hoarding.

Jesus.

Id probably do the second reforge and hold for a few months before rosettaing. Isn't there a machinist fire ability in jp now? I can see wanting a spellblader, a machinist, and a physical sber all liking the boosted damage....sorry

Jesus.

Id probably do the second reforge and hold for a few months before rosettaing. Isn't there a machinist fire ability in jp now? I can see wanting a spellblader, a machinist, and a physical sber all liking the boosted damage....sorry

Well I do have a few other +Fire pieces, across different realms.

Red Jacket (IV)
Heart of Gold (XII)
Red Hat (IX)
Red Armlet (X)
Shura Gloves (III)

So I've got options for assembling a +Fire team if necessary. I don't know if it's worth holding on to multiple copies of armor from the same realm.

Balphon

I'd just make the three 5*+++ armors. Light Armor is generally the best kind and +element armor is pretty valuable even without synergy. And running more than three damage dealers is unusual anyway.

EDIT: Missed the reforging bit. Reforging armor is kind of a low priority unless you just don't have any good 6* weapons to use the stones on. Though I did reforge my 6*+ Faris's Longcoat ahead of a few weapons myself.

EDIT: Missed the reforging bit. Reforging armor is kind of a low priority unless you just don't have any good 6* weapons to use the stones on. Though I did reforge my 6*+ Faris's Longcoat ahead of a few weapons myself.

The 6* Dark Matter to reforge 6* items doesn't exist yet. (As soon as it does, I will have myself a 9* Faris' Longcoat too!)

friz898

I now have one extra Cid Goggle and I have a FF9 Kuja Punisher that has been sitting in my vault forever. Is there any benefit to using it or is it simply just a Rosetta Stone.

Rubenov

I now have one extra Cid Goggle and I have a FF9 Kuja Punisher that has been sitting in my vault forever. Is there any benefit to using it or is it simply just a Rosetta Stone.

Did you combine them all already? Do you need the synergy, now or in the near future (in case you pull an additional one)? I know Cid Goggles have nice stats. Rosetta stones are for when there's no way you will be using those anymore.

friz898

Did you combine them all already? Do you need the synergy, now or in the near future (in case you pull an additional one)? I know Cid Goggles have nice stats. Rosetta stones are for when there's no way you will be using those anymore.

Ya I got this weird thing where I only want one copy of all stuff. I even have to shake it off when I see people on raids with two copies of life siphon.

ccbfan

Raijin BSB/Cloud USB meta is pretty insane.

Basically you charge Raijin BSB until full power and then detonate with Cloud USB and buff.

I have Shout and Chant with ramza as my buff and Vann BSB for debuffs, against Apoc+ its 55K+ damage per hit so 550K+ so you don't really even need to fully charge Raijin BSB.

You're basically keeping the enemy in not dangerous stage and then bam insta kill.

Xetherion

I have Raijin bsb, but don't have Chant or any other source of crit dmg+, nor Vaan's bsb. I do have Shantotto's Lightning Chain though, maybe that could take the place of Chant?

ccbfan

I have Raijin bsb, but don't have Chant or any other source of crit dmg+, nor Vaan's bsb. I do have Shantotto's Lightning Chain though, maybe that could take the place of Chant?

You're doing so much damage I'm not sure if you even need them. I was killing the enemy way before the ten hits.

Vaans not that's big of a deal. Its just an extra layer of def down, I was using three Vaan BSB, Armor Breakdown and Full Break. If you have any stackable def break (Pentabreaks) you should be fine.

Chant is super useful since so many Apoc bosses resist lightning and Chant + Non-Elemental is a good catch all for all bosses.

But again the damage is so high, plus the damage from before you release the bomb, I'm not sure many single player bosses can survive it. Also my Raijin is still in the 80s and only have the 3* spheres levelled.

Balphon

Full-charge Raijin Detonate is the strongest attack in the game and it synergizes particularly well with Cloud's USB.

The only problem it has is that it takes awhile to setup and the meta is becoming increasingly defined by speed.

Xetherion

You're doing so much damage I'm not sure if you even need them. I was killing the enemy way before the ten hits.

Vaans not that's big of a deal. Its just an extra layer of def down, I was using three Vaan BSB, Armor Breakdown and Full Break. If you have any stackable def break (Pentabreaks) you should be fine.

Chant is super useful since so many Apoc bosses resist lightning and Chant + Non-Elemental is a good catch all for all bosses.

But again the damage is so high, plus the damage from before you release the bomb, I'm not sure many single player bosses can survive it. Also my Raijin is still in the 80s and only have the 3* spheres levelled.

Don't have any Pentabreaks, but do have a couple ATK/DEF breaks. Mostly just 20% ones though (bsb commands), though I did recently get Auron's old ssb that i think is 40%. Don't know if that'd be worth bringing Auron though (don't have anything else for him).

Obviously I wouldn't bring Lightning stuff if the boss resists Lightning.

My Raijin is 99, but I also only have the 3* spheres done i think.

My other option for Cloud USB is Celes with both bsbs, and Beatrix and/or Agrias with Imperil Holy. For JS battles I could use bsb1>bsb2>cmd2>cmd1 and that alone would give her ATK/MAG up, ATK/DEF up, ATK/DEF bargain, Burst mode, enHoly, and Spellblade dmg up. Not sure where to throw the USB RW cast in there. Maybe just use it after all buffs are up then use 3rd bar to cast bsb2 again.

Hoping to beat up to the 250. Haven't beat any of the X Torments. Have a Strago BSB and Tidus OSB this go around. Armor sucks so I'll probably equip Steiner and Snow's RM in my runs.

Xetherion

Tried out my Celes option on JS Seymour. Party was:

Cid Highwind - Shout Clone>Magic Break>Tempest Snipe

Setzer - Full Break>bsb>Armor Breakdown>cmd1, repeat

Ceodore - Shellga>damage+medica bsb>cmd1 spam>bsb again when needed

Agrias - imperil bsbx3>cmd2 spam

Celes - Snowspell Strike (medal condition)>bsb1>bsb2>Cloud usb>cmd1>bsb2.

Celes bsb2 cmd1 did 14k per hit, then bsb2 2nd entry also did 14k per hit (8x14k=112k, better than an osb!). Might have been able to get the damage higher if i used bsb2 cmd2 first, but Seymour was low on health already from Agrias and Ceodore spam.

Fight still went really easily despite barely breaking the damage cap, though Cid did die towards the end.

Edit: Beat Apoc Seymour. Had to S/L once as my first attempt I lost count of attacks and triggered a Dispel during his dangerous Weak phase. I ended up triggering a Dispel during Weak phase on my 2nd attempt too because the fucker didn't do his element shift for like 5 turns, but I had counted attacks so I knew it was coming and was prepared for it with Tyro usb ready to Hastega everyone again.

Tidd

Eh, DeNA won. Was looking at my FF X synergy for the 300 Torment fight and I was like "eh I could use some stuff from Banner 1". So I did a pull. Wish I had gotten Rikku's BSB but whatever pretty amazing pull. Guess I can bring Auron for ATK/DEF debuff and filling one more CM spot.

friz898

beat d250/mastered on first try. (edit: FFX Torment we got tonight)

Team was

Vaan - Breaks, BSB, OSB
Relm - Last Stand BSB
Tidus - CSB and BSB
Alphi - Backup Heals, Radiant Shield
Wakka - Breaks, BSB

RW: Cloud USB

I wanted to RW Wall, Yuna USB, or Eiko USB, but I saw $$$$ with using Tidus, Chain, Burst, and Cloud USB.

Sure enough, the only buffs I had was Alphi 610. Breaks were all there with Vaan and Wakka. Deploy Tactics also did a lot since no wall, Prot, or Shell.

I didn't have any type of perfect setup for Cloud USB, but during the water chain, Tidus was hitting 22k x?? hits on entry, and then 11kx4 with CMD 1.

Vaan did a lot of damage to with his naked 309 attack, and with Skybound where he was hitting 9999's everytime once debuffs were on.

Last Stand went off 3 times, Alphi died at the end. Had Arise, but didn't use it.

Now to go attempt d300, and I do d200 CM from long ago.

Tidd

And FF X Torment 300 CM with 2 FF X characters done. Ended up using my Cloud RW wind team with Luneth and Zidane. Tidus without an Imperil didn't do enough damage. FF X characters were Yuna with a shared medica (lol) and Rikku with her USB and the def debuff dance. And of course Ramza with Shout and Chant. Did forget to use the water attack at the end but still got mastery.

And my big reward:

Guess my 2nd character who will get his legend dive will be Zidane. Already have enough motes for him. Or maybe I should go with Vaan.... Why does he have to be this good in the game? :(

Xetherion

Bah, i've been trying to leave Torments for when I have the relics to do the d200 CM, but since the d300 of this one gives 5* Vit motes that i need to finish Celes, I'm going to have to do it with a non-CM team. Hate that i'm gonna have to waste 60 stam to do it again for the CM later, but i don't think there's any way I can do the CM now when my best SB for the realm is Yuna's bsb2. Maybe i'll just bite the bullet and pull on one of the X banners...

Rubenov

Murdered Geosgaeno in like 3 team turns with Cloud's USB as RW, Tidus water chain and a water team. It was so beautiful I want to repeat it.

200 CM team. Not much to say on this one. Tidus and Paine hit him with water attacks, Rikku used Hyper Mighty G, Wakka for debuffing, Yuna for healing.

250. Kept Tidus and Rikku, subbed in Vaan for damage, Tyro for wrathing between Sentinel Grimoire and Warder's Apocrypha, and Penelo for healing/dance debuff.

Out of stamina, I'll tackle the Jump Start tomorrow.

Beat the 200 and 250. Oh so close on CM but 2 Ice Crystals for something coming back is nothing to worry over since I have a crap ton of those anyways.

Will attempt the 300. Don't think I have the fire power in a jump start. Could probably do it straight up 300 fight however. Wrecking stuff with Tidus, OK, Mog, Strago and Aeris.

friz898

Ok just got the d300 jumpstart with all 3 CM missions.

Took 4 very long tries.

Titus - CSB/OSB
Relm - Last Stand bsb
Wakka - Breaks and debuff bsb.
Alphi - Heals and Radiant shield
Jecht - mostly for CM but he did provide SSB with raise atk large amount.

RW: Cloud USB

Was not too hard. I had Rikki instead of Jechrt

How can my Squall OSB be hitting D300 Torment dude for 53k while Tidus hits for 66k even though Squall eclipses Tidus in ATK(even considering Tidus synergy boost) by 13 ATK?

Had D300 down to around 20% and the extra 40K I'm losing or 5% of the dude's health isn't helping. They're wearing the exact same gear! Squall's ATK is 292 unequipped while Tidus is 279 Synergy blue.

Is it their multiplier difference for OSB? Wear do I see this multipliers on the web? Tidus is hitting 20% more. Makes no sense.

WarAdept

How can my Squall OSB be hitting D300 Torment dude for 53k while Tidus hits for 66k even though Squall eclipses Tidus in ATK(even considering Tidus synergy boost) by 13 ATK?

Had D300 down to around 20% and the extra 40K I'm losing or 5% of the dude's health isn't helping. They're wearing the exact same gear! Squall's ATK is 292 unequipped while Tidus is 279 Synergy blue.

Is it their multiplier difference for OSB? Wear do I see this multipliers on the web? Tidus is hitting 20% more. Makes no sense.

Tidus sword grants +20% Water damage.

It's probably from the water damage boost from Tidus 6* sword. His OSB sword is special as it always has the elemental damage boost while most other weapons just have the elemental boost with synergy.

Tidus sword grants +20% Water damage.

It's probably from the water damage boost from Tidus 6* sword. His OSB sword is special as it always has the elemental damage boost while most other weapons just have the elemental boost with synergy.

Ahh, thank you both. Was quite baffled. Tidus has crap abilities so Squall seemed better as I have 10 spell blades(6 water, 4 Wind). Maybe if I hone Icicle shot Tidus will be legit.

That or I can bring in Kain's burst. Think I can pull this off. I'm so close!!!!

WarAdept

Ahh, thank you both. Was quite baffled. Tidus has crap abilities so Squall seemed better as I have 10 spell blades(6 water, 4 Wind). Maybe if I hone Icicle shot Tidus will be legit.

That or I can bring in Kain's burst. Think I can pull this off. I'm so close!!!!

Sapphire Shot would be more appropriate to take advantage of Geos weakness and Tidus +20% water damage.

Also IKO accessories nullifies the majority of damage from this fight if you haven't been doing so already.

Sapphire Shot would be more appropriate to take advantage of Geos weakness and Tidus +20% water damage.

Also IKO accessories nullifies the majority of damage from this fight if you haven't been doing so already.

Yeah, that's what I meant and no I didn't have those equipped. Thanks.

Took Aeris out for Relm, which seems to be working. Put Shellga on Strago which means he is in the game for sure. Taking Mog out for Vaan is really my only play. I'll try with your tip about IKO and if that doesn't work, I'll have to bring in Vaan.

With Kain and Relm in I'm down to about 10 percent.

OK is so weak. His buffs are nice. He does shit for damage. Maybe I'll give him chain waterga since Strago doesn't use it much. Yes, yes, this might work.

Top Bottom