• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

SoulUnison

Banned
Does the FFXV victory music crackle really badly for anyone else?
It's so bad I thought something was wrong with my phone, but it's only that specific musical track that does it.

It sounds like it's playing through an old broken radio.
I can't believe nobody caught it before they let it go out like that.

Fauve

I looked it up in Enlir's spreadsheet, it's actually 40%. Don't know if that's enough for you.

I will say, the game is getting more focused on speed clears, so i think it's better to spend motes on DPS characters. Up to you though.

Thanks for the input, great nformation there. And yeah I think I'll save the motes for someone else. It's not even a sure thing and I'm not even sure if NAT attacks will render it ineffective.

Xetherion

Thanks for the input, great nformation there. And yeah I think I'll save the motes for someone else. It's not even a sure thing and I'm not even sure if NAT attacks will render it ineffective.

I think NAT attacks do render it ineffective, not sure on that though. However, do note that unlike taunts such as Draw Fire, it CAN proc during an aoe physical attack (only covers 1 party member still, but 3.5x damage to the party as a whole is significantly less than 5x damage to the party as a whole).

ultra7k

Both FFXII CMs down. Whew.

Have only got Ashe BSB (admittedly key) and Gabranth BSB for this realm. My synergy wasn't as good as I thought it was as I pulled a lot on XII banners in the early days before g5....

Ended up legend diving Ashe for that moderate chance to double cast lightning attacks. It was so key for the 5 man CM run, ended up saving my behind a few times.

No medica except for a shared one for this realm, somehow only Ashe and Penelo were left standing when it was all said and done.

Probably need to save some mythril for a XII pull to bring those characters to the present. Also seriously lacking Ice SBs, any good ones coming up? I whiffed on getting Squall's BSB2.

Kenai

Probably need to save some mythril for a XII pull to bring those characters to the present. Also seriously lacking Ice SBs, any good ones coming up? I whiffed on getting Squall's BSB2.

If Ayame's BSB is on the FFXI banner that's a good one, borderline top tier. Not sure of any others for awhile though.

Balphon

Ayame BSB should be on FFXI banner 2. It's up there with Squall and Edea for best ice burst.

After that the next fest is probably the best bet for ice stuff. Edea's BSB is in Kiros/Ward but that's a ways off. Umaro's BSB is soon and while decent for damage it's more focused on utility with its C1.

friz898

Morning Folks.

After deciding I didn't care about anything for FFXI banner(s), I went ahead and did pulls on the FF7 and FF13 newcomer relics.

I figure confessing is the first step towards recovery.

However, not all was lost! I went 5/22.

I picked up Cait Sith BSB, Sazh SB (at least new), Barrett SB (at least lightning imperil, and first Barrett item), Reno Light Rod (dupe, rank 6 now) and Vanile BSB (dupe, but took it to rank 8).

All in all, not good pulls, but was very happy to get Cait Sith BSB, and getting 5/22 for 50 mythril is plenty fine for me.

Kenai

Anyone have a friendly data spread or other resource that deals with element-boosting weapons/armor? I've noticed I have exactly 0 earth boosters for poor Gladiolus so I was wondering if any exist (I think Maria's bow does but that's all I know about).

Xetherion

Anyone have a friendly data spread or other resource that deals with element-boosting weapons/armor? I've noticed I have exactly 0 earth boosters for poor Gladiolus so I was wondering if any exist (I think Maria's bow does but that's all I know about).

Enlir's Spreadsheet is a great data resource for this game. Just do a search for "increases earth" on that Relics tab and you should be able to see all the earth boost gear.

Balphon

Dorgann's BSB armor is +earth. Another reason to pull on the already great Faris/Bartz 1 banner.

It's a good earth imperil burst, too.

Skybound is mine. :D

Defeated Geo with Tidus in party getting Vaan fully dived. Brought the worst RW in Rydia. Forgot about the high resistance. Strago left standing at the end...in 2 tries as Tidusd was stoned first run.

Diving Vaan up to the last node and having Mug Bloodlust was the diference from last time.

Time to start wrecking fools.

The next event is indeed XI and MVP newsletter says V is coming after...(though rather than being titled like the OST song four Hearts DeNA have gone with Four As One...I suppose we will see the graphics done in maintenance tomorrow)

DU on Sep 5th (T, VIII, XIII)

SOLDIER

Managed to grind another 50 mythril. Do I try my luck a third time with the FFVII chain banner, the DoC one, or FFXV?

I really want Cloud to have an awesome weapon plus relic, but Vincent desperately needs a new gun. On the other hand, I'd love Noct to win his father's sword, but I already got an amazing sword for Gladio.

This is a tough one. I'm leaning toward the FFVII one again, but I'm horrified at the thought of getting Barrett's weapon a fourth time in a row.

Managed to grind another 50 mythril. Do I try my luck a third time with the FFVII chain banner, the DoC one, or FFXV?

I really want Cloud to have an awesome weapon plus relic, but Vincent desperately needs a new gun. On the other hand, I'd love Noct to win his father's sword, but I already got an amazing sword for Gladio.

This is a tough one. I'm leaning toward the FFVII one again, but I'm horrified at the thought of getting Barrett's weapon a fourth time in a row.

It's up to you but IMO at this point, that 50 mythril would be better spent on the upcoming IV, V, or VI banners, all of which are chock full of significant relics, than any banner on which you already have some dupes.

Keym

If you're chasing Cloud's relics, just wait for the next fest, it's not too far off. In the mean time, save that mythril for other realms/the next dungeon update.

friz898

So happy to have an event tomorrow.

I am starting to feel the pressure of good banners coming up along with the fact I should be saving mythril for the fest. Either for pulls or refreshes or both.

Kenai

Dorgann's BSB armor is +earth. Another reason to pull on the already great Faris/Bartz 1 banner.

It's a good earth imperil burst, too.

I probably will pull on that banner if I have the mythril. FFV is one of my weaker realms despite pulling on the Gogo banner last time (Faris BSB, Bartz BSB1, Exdeath BSB and Gilg OSB). That isn't terrible but definitely not ideal, especially since Bartz BSB1 is pretty outdated and the realm is common. I'd like to keep pulling on 15 but Iris BSB is on the next 15 banner and I'm not holding my breath on any OSBs.

I'd like that +earth stuff for Gladio, I love the guy but the BSB's entry dmg is kinda bad. The commands are good enough since non ele and Pep Talk is awesome but I feel like he'll be much better dps wise with them. Plus I could use him, Dorgan and Maria together easy enough. Earth ele weakness is pretty rare but resistance is pretty rare too (outside pre-Ruinga dungeon trash).

SOLDIER

Despite this thread's advice, I decided to roll on the FFVII banner one more time. There was still a lot of relics I didn't have, and my FFVII characters are still the strongest in my whole party by a wide margin. I felt the odds were still in my favor.

dvfxWef.jpg

.....are you fucking shitting me? Five of the same relic in a row?

Fuck you, Barret.

There's really no reason to do more than 2 pulls on a single banner. Your returns will not be great. If the game wants to give you something, they'll give you something. Trying to force the issue is a good way to deplete mythril. #Acceptance

friz898

The only time I've ever done anything like chase a relic, was during the last fest where banner 4 I think it was had wall.

I pulled on that banner four times, no wall.

It worked out though, I caught that Keepers choice glitch, and one of my 11 relics was wall making Tryo permanently in my team.

There's really no reason to do more than 2 pulls on a single banner. Your returns will not be great. If the game wants to give you something, they'll give you something. Trying to force the issue is a good way to deplete mythril. #Acceptance
Or worse still actual money:
Fw3yxRhl.jpg

They wanted Apocalypse and had to call it quits at this point.

Going into the thread you hear of 29 11 pulls needed for lightning USB and 20 for Rosa USB and of course someone who got three Apocalypse in a single 11 pull.

In short if you chase relics it's a very expensive time but on the other hand festivals, lucky draws and a few banners here and there is good for a f2p player.

Good news from the maintenance:

-Bard Motes finally coming.
-We're getting the Dissidia event with the Cecil & Terra Wardrobe Records.
-Partial translation of the next Mobius event (Meia's BSB) but not fully translated yet. (Probably waiting until she is actually playable in Mobius.) At least we know it's coming eventually now.

Why did I not hear of full dungeon unlock sooner? Yeah I won't ignore boring early parts of events because free mythril but it's nice to know I can jump right into the more interesting parts.

Fest banners are coming up now and apparently Meia's BSB is in the FFI-III banner which might be why it is translated. edit: apparently, they're not actually real or were the Japan ones but global always makes changes.

Of course the main question following maintenance is will super fest even happen? Global does skip elemental themed banners for some reason and super fest was basically a series of those. On the other hand elements are pretty important to magicite dungeons.

-Bard Motes finally coming.
This is based on a translated FFIV torment, right? They could always change the rewards if they really wanted.

Tidd

Wow, wut? Are the fest banners unchanged? At least that's the case for banner 3.

30th anniversary next month? Woah, now I don't know what to do regarding my pulls for IV, V and VI.

Tidd

That would just be mean.

They don't know yet. It might be a false alarm.

Oh, you're right. The guy who datamines the stuff just updated it! Because I really hope they change some stuff for banner 3. No one needs Squall's USB. And I wouldn't mind if they change Steiner's, Sephiroth's and Quistis' BSB.
Because fuck dupes!

What ability can bards make with the new motes?
Allegro Con Moto - 3 turns of Magic QC (like various SSBs out like e.g. Braska). To be honest some wanted the motes to shatter into crystals.

Wonder where the 5* anthem and warsong abilities are at (these are stacking mag and atk boosts...stacking as in times ability is used not sure if they clash with buffs form other sources).

The stacking boostga/faithga Bard skills are really nice. It would be wonderful if we got them at the same time as the Bard Motes. (Particularly since we've had to wait so long.)

Sarah's Legend Materia that was just announced for Japan would work so amazingly with them.

SOLDIER

Or worse still actual money:
Fw3yxRhl.jpg

They wanted Apocalypse and had to call it quits at this point.

Going into the thread you hear of 29 11 pulls needed for lightning USB and 20 for Rosa USB and of course someone who got three Apocalypse in a single 11 pull.

In short if you chase relics it's a very expensive time but on the other hand festivals, lucky draws and a few banners here and there is good for a f2p player.

Ironically, Apocalypse was the first relic I ever pulled, and it was back when I wasn't totally invested in the game.

friz898

That's what I did, I started out with Fire, but I misunderstood how that worked, I was thinking Fire was my best element other than Holy, I didn't realize that's the resist I need.

Does anybody know? The first fire one is flame, the one that changes forms.

Anyway, Elarra's ability in this one is Wall, but does it last whole fight or one time for a standard duration of a buff? Because I currently have wall loaded on Tyro....

Tidd

That's what I did, I started out with Fire, but I misunderstood how that worked, I was thinking Fire was my best element other than Holy, I didn't realize that's the resist I need.

Does anybody know? The first fire one is flame, the one that changes forms.

Anyway, Elarra's ability in this one is Wall, but does it last whole fight or one time for a standard duration of a buff? Because I currently have wall loaded on Tyro....

Just read the strategy tips. For fire you have to bring water attacks/SBs.

I believe it's 25seconds just like the normal wall. No reason to bring Tyro for these fights.

Top Bottom