• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Just read the strategy tips. For fire you have to bring water attacks/SBs.

I believe it's 25seconds just like the normal wall. No reason to bring Tyro for these fights.

Maybe Alphi for radiant and 610 then.

Ya I read and I mean, I'm setup with Water now, but that was after I opened it lol.

Ah well do have Tidus CSB/BSB coming

Well here goes!

Edit: Ah I see I can still choose to unlock some other dungeon. But' its ok, lets see what I can do.

Edit2: I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I see it's just a RW that you don't get to pick, but two uses etc.

That clears up the Tyro and how long does it last wall thing.

Edit3: LOL the way my dps was gonig with my A-team (with Alphi instead of Tyro) was similar to d300 Bahamut when he starts healing. I was at nearly 1 minute when i quit and he was at 80% life.

Alright, lets go do one vulernerable to Fire. I have 1 osb, 7 BSB, 5 SSB, and 2 SB for fire, including 5 enFire and 4 imperil fire.

Anyway, Elarra's ability in this one is Wall, but does it last whole fight or one time for a standard duration of a buff? Because I currently have wall loaded on Tyro....

30s buff according to the reddit link

I should probably get around to finishing the Nightmare dungeons.

friz898

Damn, using an Entrust -> Terra en-Fire to OSB strategy, I'm getting so close on Sealion...

Fixing to try now. Need to get a shower and wife will be home in an hour so not sure I'll get it done but...ya.

Can't believe we dont get even basic synergy for this stuff.

Oh and what kind of timeframe you looking at MCA for completion? I guess these will keep us busy for a while when we try to do them over to get all 30sec bonuses or something months from now

Tidd

God, this thing was so tanky... No mastery bonus. :/

Alphi and Fujin for the damage with their BSB, Garnet SSB2 for healing and magic buff, Rikku with her USB for Pro/Shellga+Buff and Rosa's USB for healing. Was kinda close in the end. Near the end I had enough bars to cast Alphi's radiant shield for some extra damage.

JIchdLM.jpg

r6R9hVC.jpg

Tidd

And Sea Lion done. This time I got the champion bonus. :D
Team: Refia BSB, Steiner BSB/OSB, Ramza Shout/Entrustbot for Steiner, Rikku USB and Rosa USB.

Is it just me or are some of these 3* magicite summons OP? Negate specific elemental damage up to 30% HP, increase elemental damage, blink against an elemental attack... They sound way too good.

Is it worth it to bring a debuffer to these fights? Now I'm not sure I can win..

Not really. The bosses have a 80% resistance to debuffs.

Another nice tip:
Focus on whichever one you can beat easiest, then the magicite you gain from that should be able to help you exploit the weakness in another dungeon.
You're kind of Megaman-ing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...only_beat_one_magicite_dungeon_a_day/dm289pa/

Going through these nightmares is interesting...

Feels kind of cheap that I got champion on Kaiser dragon first try given how much rage there was about the RNG of it all. Then again I took no action or damage medals so it's a matter or lightning or water and ignore the other condition, if you were losing damage medals or taking a lot longer to win I can see that being an issue (I nearly won in one hyper mighty G buff duration, my last hit was unbuffed)

Four to go; Curada, Affliction Break, Valigarmanda and Omega Drive. These either have annoying mechanics or are not suffered from power creep making them irrelevant.

evangd007

Surprise, magicite is out! Had to blitz Valigarmanda, Affliction Break, and Curada Nightmares to unlock them. Still don't have mastery on all Nightmares but I don't really care, those fights are stupid.

I have viable Holy, Lightning, Water, and Wind teams. Earth is only OK, Dark needs levels and is mixed Phy/Mag, and Fire and Ice stink. What is best to do with that?

There's really no reason to do more than 2 pulls on a single banner. Your returns will not be great. If the game wants to give you something, they'll give you something. Trying to force the issue is a good way to deplete mythril. #Acceptance

In addition, if there is a really powerful relic that you are chasing, it will recur. I pulled for Raines's BSB 4 times before I got it, but each time was a different banner so I didn't end up with any dupes.

Finally took out Bismarck. I don't have any lightning OSBs so Ashe's BSB was my main damage dealer.

My party was

Ashe BSB
Desch Imperil SSB
Ramza (Entrust battery but ended up spamming USB for instacast plus Mag boost)
Porom BSB
Yuna USB

With this party I got expert clear in about 1 min 10 sec. I tried using Shantottos BSB but just ended up short. My biggest issue with my team is that my haste it tied to Yunas USB which leaves me without haste at the start of the fight. I'll have to find some tweaks but
I'm just glad I was able to win.

Balphon

Best Bismarck in around 50s without that much trouble. These dungeons are fun.

Didn't get mastery but there will be time enough for that. Main question is whether to do Bismarck again or move on to Living Flame now; my water team is just okay.

Think I will sit down and figure out the magicite system later tonight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't bothered doing the Nightmares... but are these Magecite thingies required for new content going forward? Really don't want to do them...

friz898

I Haven't figured out which one would be easiest, but I was riding in a car and I couldn't remember who had which elements, for like Ice, I know I have Edea burst, but rarely take multiple of same element so I have to actually look at the list.

friz898

Man, I thought I was going to get Fenrir (slowly) but he took me out with 25% life left. My last stands and burst heals slowly got penetrated.

Kain

Hah, these are fun! Got raped by Golem and Bismarck and couldn't do enough damage for Living flame, but used a ghetto setup for Fenrir with Squall as the DPS and mastered! Now I see how broken Squall's BSB2 is, my God...

Now with all these wind goodies I'll try Golem again!

I haven't bothered doing the Nightmares... but are these Magecite thingies required for new content going forward? Really don't want to do them...

The Nightmares are powercreeped pretty majorly at this point. Several of them can be brute-forced without even doing the 'puzzle' aspect of the battle. It probably won't be as tough as you think to knock them out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Nightmares are powercreeped pretty majorly at this point. Several of them can be brute-forced without even doing the 'puzzle' aspect of the battle. It probably won't be as tough as you think to knock them out.
It's more not having all the required bursts and whatnot. Maybe I'll take a look at them in the future, but I would hate if Apocs required Magicites and are impossible to beat without them.

It's more not having all the required bursts and whatnot. Maybe I'll take a look at them in the future, but I would hate if Apocs required Magicites and are impossible to beat without them.
Ultima Buster can be done with RW for the most part. Just need some magic damage to get HP down untill the orb appears and use a single target Fire or Lightning RW (forced counter is x10 damage hit for those two element). Terra's USB or whatever Type-0 person here will do the trick.

Then again that is the first nightmare so likely long beaten and it leaves the other 11.

edit: Yeah Valigarmanda sure needs some hones. Maybe some patience could have allowed lower hones. Due to an accident I also now have an R2 and R3 copy of Fat Chocobo. Hooray for wasting 4* Summon orbs
edit: All done. Necrophobe was the most painful. Those barriers were doing a lot of damage even with a penta break on (but no other breaks) and the doom mechanic was annoying to manage. I suppose MBD may have helped. I cheesed with def ignoring Sephiroph BSB1 command but to be honest with one doom timer toggled on I was doing good damage anyway. I suppose the Omega weapon was pretty rough too.

friz898

Tried Bismark since you guys were all doing it. Got him easily enough. I also used Rapha Burst and Ashe Burst.

Beat him at 1:05, didn't master.

Keym

Hooray, I beat Sealion!

Boo, I have no idea how to manage these magicites. Do I want to have all 3 stars equipped in the sub menu? Should I use the lower stars ones as fodder? Which one is technically the best one to use as main? Or is it better to have one of each element?

Boo, I have no idea how to manage these magicites. Do I want to have all 3 stars equipped in the sub menu? Should I use the lower stars ones as fodder? Which one is technically the best one to use as main? Or is it better to have one of each element?

It seems like only the 3* ones can be summoned, so one of them should be your main. The 2* ones only have passives so they're the subs. Keep extra copies because you break a Magicite's level cap by feeding it another copy of itself.

Which one is technically the best one to use as main? Or is it better to have one of each element?
I may be extremely wrong but I think people like Gilgameshs' faithful companion Enkidu as it heals upon entry or something but I can imagine this is normally battle dependent.

2x 11-pulls, great results.

Shantotto SSB (dupe)
Zeid BSB
Aphmau USB
Aphmau BSB
Aphmau SSB
Curilla LMR

Told myself I would stop if I got either USB. I would have preferred Curilla's if given the choice, but I'm still very happy with this haul.

Xetherion

100 gems: trash

1x11 pull: 3/11, Zeid ssb x2 (-__-) and Aphmau ssb.

Hate when a 3/11 is still a disappointment. Not doing any more pulls when so many better banners are coming soon, so looks like i'm skipping this CM. Oh well.

MrDaravon

Decided to do a pull on FFXI since I have literally no FFXI gear and there's no recurrence of FFXI to date in Japan (other than appearing on one DU LD and any fest banners).

3/11 Curilla BSB, Curilla SSB, and Aphmau LM

Soooooo I guess I'm using Curilla now?

So... as someone who generally skips Apoc+, multiplayer stuff, Jump Starts, Torments (some), and Cid Missions...

How are the Magicite dungeons?

I keep up with this game and still enjoy it considerably, but damn, I generally find it so repetitive (hence why I'm never going to be that guy S/L a boss). I generally enjoy puzzle dungeons (Nightmares) more than USB/BSB-check dungeons.

The Rebirths are a good balance of what I enjoy, for instance.

I've got lots of relics -- too many to list -- but no fully Legend Dived character, though I have Legend Sphere access for a couple of guys, like Tyro.

ZangBa

I did Living Flame and Sealion. Living Flame is such an RNG filled asshole. I must have wiped like 3 times in a row at <1% HP to some nonsense bullshit. Sealion was a joke in comparison with a weaker team. One of my guys died almost immediately and I kept going just to see how it would be and still won.

the Ice one, it isn't too too hard, but I only tried it one time using ViVI, didn't succeed and didn't put much thought into it

Thanks.

I mastered it in 1:01:00

Steiner BSB to OSB LifeSiph, Draw Fire Tyro exploit weakness
Terra BSB to OSB 4x Meltdown, Six Chain Fire Battleforged
Garnet shell, cure Divine G #Dr. MoG
Celes Burst command fire. Had faith for Terra but I think I forgot...oops. #Mako
Relm cure, protect BSB Ace Striker.

Key was setting it up like that. Relm can target heal til burst up. Would have cleared 1 min if I used faith on Terra.

B.K.

I haven't played the game in months, but I saw the push notification that a new XI event started. I logged in and had enough Mythril for one 11 pull. I got:

Aphmau USB
Curilla BSB
Curilla SSB
Zeid BSB
Zeid SSB

I got majority screwed on pulls.

2/22: Aphmau and Curilla SSB.

At least that's probably enough healing for the Cid mission, but I'm bummed. Last event did the same thing. I've done 4 11 pulls and have 4 ssb to show for it. Ugh.

Rubenov

I haven't played the game in months, but I saw the push notification that a new XI event started. I logged in and had enough Mythril for one 11 pull. I got:

Aphmau USB
Curilla BSB
Curilla SSB
Zeid BSB
Zeid SSB

One pull? My God.

Loving these magicites. This game needed a challenge like that. Beat my first one (Liquid Flame) in 43:06, so lots of room for improvement.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For nightmare Neo Bahamut, when it says you can't use black magic, that includes BSB commands that are listed as black magic, right?

I was hoping to be able beat it using BSBs, but I guess it's not possible since I only have Alpha's summon BSB. Strangely all the other summoners have black magic-based BSBs...

Wow, Fenrir is an asshole. Blink and slow? Not sure what I can do against him.

Gotta sacrifice a move to get rid of the blink. Quite annoying.

Almost had him but re-did Ice Sea Lion under a minute instead...56 something. Put in OK for Celes.

Got two magicite over 50 now a 2 and a 3 star. Are 1 stars even worth leveling up that much?

Not really sure on the magicite moves. Do sub magicites just count for stats or do they do their moves as subs as well?

Sea Lion gets a bonus move...4x attack Ice which is useless vs Sea Lion but also gets Ice Defense boost as a passive I guess.

Would I not get that passive boost if it's not the main magicite?

It appears the order is clockwise for your best path to clearing them all as the magicite you get help with the next in line.

For nightmare Neo Bahamut, when it says you can't use black magic, that includes BSB commands that are listed as black magic, right?

I was hoping to be able beat it using BSBs, but I guess it's not possible since I only have Alpha's summon BSB. Strangely all the other summoners have black magic-based BSBs...

You bring your Alph and a RW Alph for 2 other Summoners, so you have some moves when it runs out...and you win, easily. The 8x wind Summon...that's the one I used. Really one of the easier Nightmare dungeons...second one I beat.

So I noticed we have one quality of life improvement a few months early. Downtime in animations lowered. Ruinga is a good example though I think that is also a change.

In multiplayer raids party ATB bar now starts at 100%. No idea if that is ahead of schedule.

When collecting post-battle rewards you can tap anywhere on the screen not just next.

They are, the Magicite bosses have 80% break resist, making breaks pretty much worthless.

Yeah, I'm only packing breaks when a character has nothing else to do (in this case, I'm carrying dances on Rikku who's really only there to cast her USB). Every little bit helps... in theory anyway.

Savage Earth Shaker in particular is piercing magic damage, so breaks are the only choice for mitigating it at all.

Top Bottom