• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

Yeah, I'm only packing breaks when a character has nothing else to do (in this case, I'm carrying dances on Rikku who's really only there to cast her USB). Every little bit helps... in theory anyway.

Savage Earth Shaker in particular is piercing magic damage, so breaks are the only choice for mitigating it at all.

Earth resist accessories are a much better choice for mitigating it. Also magic blinks if you have them. Generally though since breaks are so ineffective vs. Magicites I think i'm going to be replacing the support spot in my party with a 2nd healer, that's how i beat Sealion.

I thought breaks were virtually useless against these guys?
Full break and power breakdown (14% reduction, I think) leads to nearly 10% less damage. It's not great. The huge break resistance means you're not getting their offensive stats down the enemy sortcap (~346 atk would you believe it*) which is why the atk drop % tracks ahead of the damage %.

*-I suppose at launch your party members had this cap but I guess it remains unchanged for enemies because it could break early DU bosses whose stats would be tuned with that cap in mind not to mention you would have to creep up damage mitigation methods.

Xetherion

Speaking of beating Magicites, i'm going to post some theoretical parties here, feedback welcome. If you guys feel like i'm cluttering up the thread too much, just let me know and I'll stop.

So now that I have the Sealion magicite, i'm going to try Fenrir next. Unfortunately I have very few Ice relics so my options are limited, this is what i'm going with so far:

Reynn: enIce bsb, c. blizzaga+blizzaja, +dmg rm
Celes: Holy/Ice bsb2, gaia cross+snowspell strike, lionheart rm
Onion: bsb, aff. break/pbd or maybe wrath/entrust, dmt rm
Yuna: bsb/usb, protectga+curaja, ace striker rm
Larsa: bsb, wrath+curaise, battleforged rm

The only other Ice dps options i have are Rinoa bsb1 or Squall enIce unique. I have Celes with full Legend Dive and with all her self-buffs i think she'll do better than Squall.

I also have Celes bsb1, so if i could get enough gauge to juggle both, I could replace Onion with Ramza for Shout. However, with Celes bsb1+2, she would already have hit the buff cap i think (30% atk/mag, 20% burst mode, 30% atk/def self buff from bsb2 entry, 30%+atk/-def cmd2), making Shout worthless, so i think it's better to stick with Onion.

I also could replace Larsa with Rosa for her ssb (don't have her usb sadly, but her ssb still gives magic blink).

Thoughts?

Edit: forgot, I also could drop Celes and bring more MAG buffs, have Raines bsb or Braska ssb

Earth resist accessories are a much better choice for mitigating it. Also magic blinks if you have them.

Yep, already wearing major and moderate earth resist accessories. Magic blink is probably my best bet for when he spams multiple Savage Earth Shakers in a row.

Rikku has access to five elements so bringing two dances on her to a magicite boss seems like a waste.

I tried her with Dash 'n' Slash and it's like sub 1000 damage against Golem (and none once he gets the shield up). Since I'm focusing on magic buffs (Alphinaud and Fujin are my damage dealers), I figure better to give her a dance even if it only helps minimally.

Xetherion

I actually tried Golem yesterday, but couldn't even get close so i definitely need to adjust my party.

Onion: bsb, aff. break+wrath, dmt rm
Larsa: bsb, protectga+curaise, ace striker rm
Zidane: enWind ssb/bsb/osb, life siphon+dash&slash, +dmg rm
Alphinaud: enWind bsb, shellga+curaja, +dmg rm
Fujin: enWind ssb/bsb, wrath+raging storm, battleforged rm

I got Golem to slightly under 50% hp before i wiped with this set up, but it took a long time (was already over 1.00).

I thought magic Wind was the way to go since Golem has a physical-only stoneskin, was only bringing Zidane for his imperil bsb. However, Alphinaud was doing crap damage, barely reaching 3.2k per hit of cmd1 after 2 imperil stacks were up.

I'm thinking of dropping Fujin and bringing Yuna for healing/sage buff bsb. Or I might switch to a physical party, as Zidane was popping Golem's stoneskin on his own fairly quickly. I could also try a wrath+entrust party with Zidane osb spam.

Balphon

I tried her with Dash 'n' Slash and it's like sub 1000 damage against Golem (and none once he gets the shield up). Since I'm focusing on magic buffs (Alphinaud and Fujin are my damage dealers), I figure better to give her a dance even if it only helps minimally.

Yeah, it won't do much but you can split the difference with that and either heathen frolic or stumble step.

From what I recall Golem is supposed to be among the harder bosses in this set, if not the hardest.

Tidd

First off: I love how active the OT got just because of the magicite dungeons. See this is what I was talking about last week. Interesting content that is challenging and you can talk about.

Then: magicite dungeon number 3 cleared. Golem, Sea Lion and Fenrir are down.
Got 54 seconds against Fenrir! Pls nerf Squall's BSB2 or his LM2. I believe I got a dualcast on every Loewen's Roar hitting for 9k per hit. That's close to 120k damage in one round. :D

I actually tried Golem yesterday, but couldn't even get close so i definitely need to adjust my party.

Onion: bsb, aff. break+wrath, dmt rm
Larsa: bsb, protectga+curaise, ace striker rm
Zidane: enWind ssb/bsb/osb, life siphon+dash&slash, +dmg rm
Alphinaud: enWind bsb, shellga+curaja, +dmg rm
Fujin: enWind ssb/bsb, wrath+raging storm, battleforged rm

I got Golem to slightly under 50% hp before i wiped with this set up, but it took a long time (was already over 1.00).

I thought magic Wind was the way to go since Golem has a physical-only stoneskin, was only bringing Zidane for his imperil bsb. However, Alphinaud was doing crap damage, barely reaching 3.2k per hit of cmd1 after 2 imperil stacks were up.

I'm thinking of dropping Fujin and bringing Yuna for healing/sage buff bsb. Or I might switch to a physical party, as Zidane was popping Golem's stoneskin on his own fairly quickly. I could also try a wrath+entrust party with Zidane osb spam.

I don't know what your magic stat is. But mine was pretty low with Alphinaud (compared to dungeons with realm synergy). He has like 440 magic. With one faithga and his burst mode that's around 660 magic. The soft cap is beyond 1000. So yeah you aren't even close to that. And a dmg+ RM is only good if you can hit the softcap else I would prefer a magic+ RM. Maybe drop Zidane for another faithga and try it again. I used Fujin and Alphinaud with 2 faithgas (Rikku USB & Garnet's SSB2) as well as a magic+ RM. Time at the end was a little bit over one minute and two dead characters on my side. But overall I also felt like the damage was pretty low. Still have to try him with a physical team. Too bad that we can only do one dungeon per day.

evangd007

Magicite is proving quite difficult for me. Don't seem to have a lot of elemental resist armor and accessories for anything but Holy and Dark, and we don't have those yet, and my only Legend Dive is Vaan who is non-elemental and reliant on heavy breaking which these guys are nigh-immune to.

jcG5bvh.png

Needless to say, no mastery. Tried several times with Orlandu OSB as the sole DPS instead of Lightning, then figured Lightning's USB would do more damage after the first cast due to the en-Element buff.

Since I got water magicite, tried to do Liquid Flame with Rikku and Tidus BSB, but keep getting wiped about halfway through. Life and death seem to be binary states against him, either you are fine and taking neglible damage, or you got imperiled and are getting 1-shot. Should I just farm Bismark?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You bring your Alph and a RW Alph for 2 other Summoners, so you have some moves when it runs out...and you win, easily. The 8x wind Summon...that's the one I used. Really one of the easier Nightmare dungeons...second one I beat.
Hrm, gotta try to add some RW Alpha BSB friends I guess.

I kind of wish they expanded the friends list. I think a quarter of mine is filled with the Cloud one because everyone got it and switched to it. lol

Xetherion

First off: I love how active the OT got just because of the magicite dungeons. See this is what I was talking about last week. Interesting content that is challenging and you can talk about.

I don't know what your magic stat is. But mine was pretty low with Alphinaud (compared to dungeons with realm synergy). He has like 440 magic. With one faithga and his burst mode that's around 660 magic. The soft cap is beyond 1000. So yeah you aren't even close to that. And a dmg+ RM is only good if you can hit the softcap else I would prefer a magic+ RM. Maybe drop Zidane for another faithga and try it again. I used Fujin and Alphinaud with 2 faithgas (Rikku USB & Garnet's SSB2) as well as a magic+ RM. Time at the end was a little bit over one minute and two dead characters on my side. But overall I also felt like the damage was pretty low. Still have to try him with a physical team. Too bad that we can only do one dungeon per day.

Agreed, glad we have content worth talking about now. I suppose i will try taking out Zidane for Yuna before i give up on the magic Wind route.

From what i've seen on reddit though, osb spam through Entrust shenanigans seems to be the key to sub-30s clears. So actually i think i'll try to set up an Entrust party for Zidane next. Since I have his enWind ssb and have him fully Legend Dived (his Trance is great for farming d180 Nemesis!), I should be able to get pretty high damage with his osb. Party should be something like:

Onion: bsb, wrath+entrust
Ramza: shout, wrath+entrust
Larsa: bsb, protectga+curaja
Zidane: enWind->osb spam, life siphon+dash&slash

5th spot can be either Luneth with bsb or another healer, maybe Eiko with bsb. Or maybe another Entrust bot.

Edit: I will probably use Relm in 5th spot for party IC from her usb.

ZangBa

I did Bismark in one shot today with just TG Cid OSB as my damage lol. 56 something clear, not bad. Double Entrust bots with Ramza using Shout and Red XIII with his USB with extended duration on their buffs. 2 healers because damage is ridiculous in these. Cid was only hitting for 62k per OSB, but he was basically just spamming it over and over. By far easier than the others I've done.

Kain

Did Fenrir three times, tomorrow I'll tackle Golem with Luneth (BSB and OSB) and some entrust bots, see how it goes.

And I think my healer of choice for these dungeons will be Vanille. Need spirit motes, damnit

Saerk

Beat Living Flame. RNG has gifted me with pretty much all Tidus' relics, so he was fully dived. 99999 from his OSB. I'll have to tweak my party to get under 30, but I cleared him aroun 48 seconds.

Beat the whale too by mostly entrusting to Lightning (not dived) and spamming her USB (her only relic) and Thundering Twin Strikes. I also supplemented damage with Alphanaud's reflect SSB, and he acted as a healer after that. Time was just under a minute at 58 seconds.

My attempts on Bismark were a failure. I just can't survive a double Savage Breach Blast which happens after the 40s mark. 1 major, 3 moderate, 1 minor water resit (well the minor is omni) is not helping things.

Lightning USB, Shantotto CSB, Garnet BSB2 (mostly had to summon and release Ramuh for medica), y'shtola BSB and OK BSB (+battery).

An improvement I can see is Garnet BSB2 and OK are the same buff so Ramza? Medica-wise I could go with Vanille but she lacks a bubble. I really don't want to lose imperil or CSB. And no nobody is fully dived or anywhere close to it (I do have LM1 lightning damage up for Lightning however but apart from that I'm clean).

I could also do without the patronising "tip" to complete Wayfarer's mission whenever I retreat from a dungeon or game over. It's almost worth unnecessarily S/Ling just to not see it. Edit: In a related note you can flee before party wipe (no HnR here...I did try :p). This might be slightly quicker than S/L.

I kind of wish there was a login bonus with some 1* magicite so people and newer players don't feel left out if they can't clear this content. When motes first came along I remember login bonus (which I missed most of due to vacation :D)

Edit: 00:46.46. Champion get, KOd Garnet, Lightning's HP was 440/7445. I used Ramza instead of OK and had a few misfortunes (CSB+USB cast in that order USB comes out first so little less chain, Garnet BSB2 wore off before CSB re-use so a bit less damage there)

Would I not get that passive boost if it's not the main magicite?
I too want to know the answer but the in-game help says "you can still get the benefits of Magicite Effects by equipping a Sub Magicite without a Main Magicite but you will not be able to unleash a Magicite esper during the battle" and the fact the sub menu shows the effects implies these boosts still apply and are passive.

Keym

Fenrir down! And just when I thought it couldn't get any harder than that... screw you Golem and your phys absorving shield!

ultra7k

Got Bismark within an inch of his life, probably needed one more OSB cast from Lightning to do him in, but she bit the dust with about 15% health left to go.

OK was set up as entrust battery (first time I'm using this meta) with Aerith and Rosa on healing duties.

Ashe was doing serious damage with her BSB and legend dive, and likely would have finished him off if only OK could have survived and got one more cast of VoF...

Going to try next time with Lightning doing BSB2 x2 for Imperil, then SSB for En-Element and spam away to see if that works.

evangd007

Second kill on Bismark was a lot smoother, 1:01 with mastery. I have both of Lightning's SSBs and her USB; is it worth legend diving her? That would be the gateway to significantly reduced time on this fight.

Also, after XI's JS I'll have enough Spirit motes to dive a mage (Maria) or healer (Vanille). Vanille would be more universally used, but Maria could possibly open up new content or strategies. Which would be better?

Second kill on Bismark was a lot smoother, 1:01 with mastery. I have both of Lightning's SSBs and her USB; is it worth legend diving her? That would be the gateway to significantly reduced time on this fight.
Check who else that you might consider who uses the 5* motes she does (VIT+DEX). For example, me starting to dive her means I can not dive Fran or Zidaine for instance because there is a clash with VIT and DEX motes, respectively.

I only have her USB, a very old SSB and the first en-element ever (thankfully obsolete) and I dove her...at least up to +lightning damage part because I've not been doing torments so lack the motes. USB+Thundering twinstike is a very potent damage combo (unless a boss absorbs lightning) though in this age of omni resist I've not tried it without triple imperil on an A+ boss first (which might be overkill). I do however have an 8* +Lightning damage armour (Raijin's Pauldron) and did fully augment the 6* Razor Carbine (202 Atk).

friz898

Been busy today.

Trying to work on Sealion for my second one down.

I am looking to go with Vivi BSB and Locke BSB. I also have Auron and Balthier BSB's but they're level 80, not 99.

Who here has 3 down so far?

Been busy today.

I am looking to go with Vivi BSB and Locke BSB. I also have Auron and Balthier BSB's but they're level 80, not 99.

I have 3 Sea Lions down. Gonna build up magicite levels and wreck Fenrir. Also nice we can take Magicite to the other dungeons. Ice Resist is helping Mateus not kill me. Getting those 10 summon crystals got my Tritoch(Vali) to R2...which is also making that fight less of a pain.

=I too want to know the answer but the in-game help says "you can still get the benefits of Magicite Effects by equipping a Sub Magicite without a Main Magicite but you will not be able to unleash a Magicite esper during the battle" and the fact the sub menu shows the effects implies these boosts still apply and are passive.

Okay. So another question. Is there limits to the boosts and do they stack. I have a Ice Defend Lvl 1 on a toon and Lvl 3 Defense on Sea Lion. Do those stack? And what's the limit of these stacks if they do?

Balphon

Okay. So another question. Is there limits to the boosts and do they stack. I have a Ice Defend Lvl 1 on a toon and Lvl 3 Defense on Sea Lion. Do those stack? And what's the limit of these stacks if they do?

Identical effects stack with exponentially diminishing returns.

You get the full value from the highest level effect, half from the second highest, a fourth from the third highest, an eighth from the fourth highest, and a sixteenth from the lowest. All the values are then added together and rounded up to the nearest whole integer.

So if you have 5 espers with ice resist of levels 10, 8, 7, 5, and 2, you get:

10 + 8/2 + 7/4 + 5/8 + 2/16 = 16.5 -> 17% resist

Kenai

If there a way to do the Curada nightmare that isn't that annoying as f*ck ghetto hot potato? Should I just brute force it? Last one I need for magicite but never got around to it cause the mechs drive me nuts, especially when the UI hasn't been aligned properly with the buttons for the last 2 android updates.

Rubenov

Been busy today.

I've 2 Liquid Flames and 1 Sealion down. All low 40s in time. Gonna park here for a while and do these over and over to upgrade these magicites.

friz898

I've done bismark and I had Sealion down to 0%, but the built-in wall wore off the last 5% or so

Is it smarter to farm 1 or 2?

evangd007

Check who else that you might consider who uses the 5* motes she does (VIT+DEX). For example, me starting to dive her means I can not dive Fran or Zidaine for instance because there is a clash with VIT and DEX motes, respectively.

I only have her USB, a very old SSB and the first en-element ever (thankfully obsolete) and I dove her...at least up to +lightning damage part because I've not been doing torments so lack the motes. USB+Thundering twinstike is a very potent damage combo (unless a boss absorbs lightning) though in this age of omni resist I've not tried it without triple imperil on an A+ boss first (which might be overkill). I do however have an 8* +Lightning damage armour (Raijin's Pauldron) and did fully augment the 6* Razor Carbine (202 Atk).

I have more VIT motes than god so I'm not too concerned there. For DEX I would conflict with Luneth (BSB) or Tidus (BSB, OSB). Diving Tidus might help with Liquid Flame, but I lack the Bravery motes to do that anyhow.

Funny that you mention omni-resist bosses, because I've been targeting SBs with non-elemental attacks or backup because of that, but now I want all the elements because of magicite. Doesn't help that only Holy and Dark SBs keep falling into my lap.

Indignate

If there a way to do the Curada nightmare that isn't that annoying as f*ck ghetto hot potato? Should I just brute force it? Last one I need for magicite but never got around to it cause the mechs drive me nuts, especially when the UI hasn't been aligned properly with the buttons for the last 2 android updates.

I tried doing it the puzzle way yesterday, but then got tired of it being too strict on timing (and it taking way too long in general) and just DPS'd the thing down instead. Had Selphie, Vanille, Yuna (SUM) BSB and RW Alph BSB for my other two characters.

friz898

Any of you guys in Texas? I was there for a year and a half, suburb of Houston, and whenever it rained there, the whole area flooded something crazy. Nothing like my home state Florida.

Anyways, hope everybody lands ok.

Yeah, thanks to Harvey, this might be my first daily mythril miss ever...shouldn't miss any events unless we're without power way longer than expected. Houston suburb, not in a flood plain,

friz898

Yeah, thanks to Harvey, this might be my first daily mythril miss ever...shouldn't miss any events unless we're without power way longer than expected. Houston suburb, not in a flood plain,

I was in Spring when I was a dispatcher for BNSF Railway.

Their main hub is in Fort Worth, my buddy still works in FTW, he said the company is talking about flying the Spring dispatchers out of there. Crazy.

But ya where I was, terrible flooding area.

Edit: And anybody who doesn't live in the US or anywhere near Texas, not trying to derail on our fun Magicite day. Just was shocked when I found out it was upgraded to a Category 4.

Kenai

I tried doing it the puzzle way yesterday, but then got tired of it being too strict on timing (and it taking way too long in general) and just DPS'd the thing down instead. Had Selphie, Vanille, Yuna (SUM) BSB and RW Alph BSB for my other two characters.

Yea, I just used Alph BSB as well. Anyone with WHM/SMN 5* seems to be MVP here, thx.

friz898

So I scoured back to someone talking about keeping multiple copies etc.

Is the only way to level them up Arcana or other Mackine?

I am trying to figure out the smart way to farm them. I googled and found a little bit on penny arcade and Reddit but not what I was looking for.

On my phone at moment.

MrDaravon

Hmm, so generally speaking I always run OK with his BSB and RW Wall if I need to. Lately I've been trying to RW Cloud USB instead since it's OP and works great with some options I have (ex. Lightning with her USB and BSB2) but in those situations I'm bringing Tyro for native Wall. Now that I've got Curilla's BSB though I'm almost wondering if I could instead run Curilla instead for the +50% DEF and bring a +RES SB instead, with my best +party RES option being Rapha's BSB entry. Maybe a team of something like:

OK w/BSB, OSB & SSB
Lightning w/USB & BSB2
Rapha w/BSB
Curilla w/BSB (and medica + Esuna SSB)
Relm w/BSB
RW: Cloud USB

I run OK and Curilla with Dr. Mog/Mako Might to immediately get those going with Curilla's BSB entry giving me one half of Wall. Once buffs/breaks are up and I have 2 meters Lightning uses Cloud RW into USB into BSB2, by this time Curilla probably has another bar and uses the 2nd Cloud RW into her BSB again, and Rapha has her BSB up for the team RES boost (which is only 30% compared to Wall's 50% fwiw) and also her BSB command helping out with any healing which isn't critical but nice.

Obviously not valid for Lightning resist/absorb bosses, and I could swap in anyone with a decent BSB option instead of Lightning as needed which I have a ton of options for, right now generally speaking her USB into BSB2 is fucking ridiculous buffed by Cloud's USB though for bosses that aren't strong against Lightning.

I mean that setup obviously works, but are we already at the point where enough bosses have piercing attacks where worrying about getting protective buffs up don't really matter? I feel like I've got a lot of good BSBs that are kind of going to waste that I'm trying to incorporate into my gameplan more, but I guess that's what the Magicite dungeons are more geared towards.

Identical effects stack with exponentially diminishing returns.

You get the full value from the highest level effect, half from the second highest, a fourth from the third highest, an eighth from the fourth highest, and a sixteenth from the lowest. All the values are then added together and rounded up to the nearest whole integer.

So if you have 5 espers with ice resist of levels 10, 8, 7, 5, and 2, you get:

10 + 8/2 + 7/4 + 5/8 + 2/16 = 16.5 -> 17% resist

Amazing. Thank you for the detailed and well-told explanation.

Xetherion

Fenrir kicked my teeth in. I got him down to about 5% life, but around the 1:15 mark he went berserk and started spamming his piercing attack with instant cast time. I just don't have the Ice dps necessary for this.

Tried Golem again next. Zidane osb spam did not work, too many stoneskin bubbles. Switched back to Wind magic party, replaced Zidane with Yuna, and got Mastery! Finished at 1:02.

After that i did Hydra, and this one was so much easier than the others. No status ailments, blinks, or stoneskins to worry about. Mastered and finished around 0:50 mark for my first sub-60 clear! My party was:

Onion: bsb, meltdown+wrath, dmt rm
Yuna: bsb/usb, shellga+curaja, ace striker rm
Relm: usb/bsb, protectga+curaise, mm rm
Maria: bsb, chain stonega+quake(unused), +dmg rm
Yang: bsb, meteor crush+life siphon, +dmg rm
Magicite: Shell Dragon (imperil earth)

Once all buffs were up Maria was doing 36k with cmd1. Yang was doing 15k with cmd1, or 20k with Meteor Crush, with quick cast speed thanks to his cmd2 buff.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try Bismark. Same team as above but replace Maria and Yang with Shan and Ashe, and replace the Magicite with some of my new Lightning ones.

Shan: csb/bsb, Thunder witch abilities, +dmg rm
Ashe: bsb/osb, chain thundaga+vali, devotion rm

Oh, also gonna have Onion bring entrust instead of meltdown. Gonna try to feed Ashe some gauge in between VoF casts. Any entrust users out there know a good timing for balancing entrust with keeping buffs up? One person on reddit said they were entrusting when they had 1.5 bars, does that seem good?

Xetherion

Bismark mastered in 0:45! Party was:

Onion: bsb, entrust+wrath, dmt rm
Relm: bsb/usb, shellga+curaise, ace striker rm
Yuna: bsb/usb, protectga+curaja, mm rm
Shan: csb/bsb, Thunder witch abilities, +dmg rm
Ashe: bsb/osb, chain thundaga+vali, devotion rm
Magicite: Hydra (imperil thunder)

Read on reddit the way to use entrust is to build 2 gauges, cast buff, then entrust. Worked like a charm.

Ashe was capping her osb easily. Actually might try dropping Shan for a dedicated entrust bot so i can get Ashe spamming osb's quicker and maybe get a sub-30 clear.

Kain

Beat Golem! That was HARD. I was starting to lose interest in the game but these dungeons and the next fest are keeping me hyped.

Setup:

Luneth, SSB, BSB, OSB main damage dealer: one BSB for the en-wind then OSB spam
Ramza, Shout and Entrust-bot (do LS and Wrath generate the same amount of SB bar?)
Alph, SSB, BSB. Cast Deployment tactics, then BSB, then DT again
Selphie, BSB. The main difference with my previous attempts. She can heal, she can dispel and she buffs mag and mind. Selphie GOAT
Vanille, BSB. Yep, ditching Ysh for these fights as the bubble interferes with DT and I feel I'll use that A LOT.

Tomorrow I'll try Bismark or Liquid Flame. I'll leave Hydra for last because I have literally zero earth relics. It's funny because for water element I have ALL imperils and zero en-water. I suppose it'll work out ok lol

friz898

Xeth or anybody else.

What do you guys think about farming 1 or 2 vs beating everybody once (at least to start out)

These keystones being rare that is.

Xetherion

If you can beat everybody once, i'd do it. You have to beat all 6 to unlock the Holy and Dark magicites. Beat those as well and you'll have a magicite for every element except Poison, which you can use to boost your teams for other content. You also get to level up various magicite for different elements this way, since they get xp from being used in battle as well.

That being said, i don't have the water relics necessary for Living Flame (only worthwhile water sb i have is Yuffie's bsb, which i know won't be enough dps). I might not be able to do Fenrir either, but i'm going to try one more time with a different party set up before i give up on that one.

After i'm done with Fenrir one way or the other, i'm going to farm Bismark until i get some more water relics.

If you really want to focus on just 1 or 2 i don't think it will really matter, unless high end content starts being tuned to need magicite. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon though.

ZangBa

I redid Sealion because I just don't have the relics to do the Ice, Earth and Wind bosses. Managed it in 44 seconds with a pretty meh team. Refia is such a beast. What I don't understand is how my Bartz did 20k more damage on his last OSB cast, I have no idea how he got his damage so high, can OSB's crit? Pretty sure it didn't though.

friz898

Alright, I've done Bismarck twice, but of course I have 2 keystones as of this morning.

I'll try Flame next, and if successful, will try Sealion again. Sealion I already took to 0% in about 4-5 tries, so with Flame's gear I'm sure I can get him pretty easily.

Top Bottom