• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

You're a damn master MCA!

I -just- died to Flame on my 2nd or 3rd try period and first today.

Took him to 5%. That's with only Tidus water CSB (which I should have saved for another BSB cast) and his BSB.

Sapphire Shot was doing 9999x2 when he was en-watered.

I had Ramza in to stack shout and USB on Tidus, but I think I may switch Tyro in.

Also, Ramza Phantasm (not a plan, just to give him something besides using Soul Breaks) was doing 8k at the very start. Later with the buffs, he was doing 9999 every time. A single 9999, but just saying if you (anybody reading) have to fill another slot, consider the Ninja magic.

Also, Seph's BSB with Despair cmd might be good on some of these Magi-Bosses.

Edit: I'm sure the answer is no, but you can't extend a chain with a chain can you? I only have 2 CSB so it's never come up, but my chain was still running when Tidus has option of using CSB again or BSB.

4 Sea Lions down. Have gotten 2 Sea Lions and 2 Takarta or whatever. No Wendigos. Gonna beat it one more time, tomorrow, and then I'll try Fenrir again on Monday.

Balphon

I redid Sealion because I just don't have the relics to do the Ice, Earth and Wind bosses. Managed it in 44 seconds with a pretty meh team. Refia is such a beast. What I don't understand is how my Bartz did 20k more damage on his last OSB cast, I have no idea how he got his damage so high, can OSB's crit? Pretty sure it didn't though.

All physical attacks can crit, so if he went from 40k to 60k that'd be one explanation.

Keym

You know, having seen what most of these magicite bosses are like... I can't even imagine how hard the upper tier ones will be like.

Tidd

Also, Ramza Phantasm (not a plan, just to give him something besides using Soul Breaks) was doing 8k at the very start. Later with the buffs, he was doing 9999 every time. A single 9999, but just saying if you (anybody reading) have to fill another slot, consider the Ninja magic.

Edit: I'm sure the answer is no, but you can't extend a chain with a chain can you? I only have 2 CSB so it's never come up, but my chain was still running when Tidus has option of using CSB again or BSB.

Ninja magic is a valid tactic against magicite bosses. Due to Ninja magic ignoring resistance it's pretty easy to hit for the damage cap when hitting weakness. You don't really need fancy Soul Breaks for it.

Golem sub 30 clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_hFa1icYdo
Sea Lion sub 30 clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLnEFQH75Q

And no the chain resets when you use a CSB again.

friz898

Ninja magic is a valid tactic against magicite bosses. Due to Ninja magic ignoring resistance it's pretty easy to hit for the damage cap when hitting weakness. You don't really need fancy Soul Breaks for it.

Golem sub 30 clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_hFa1icYdo
Sea Lion sub 30 clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLnEFQH75Q

And no the chain resets when you use a CSB again.

Right, what Ninja magic can do is something I learned a while back watching a Phantasm Edge do big damage on a raid.

Also, trying Sephiroth BSB1 , CMD1 Despair (ignore defense) right now, hits for 9999x2 everytime. Nice 20k. I have Dark Bargain and Hailstorm on him also, but it isn't needed.

Edit: And you know actually, Seph was doing such consistent 20k dmg that I plan to build around him instead of Tidus. Tidus with EnWater was doing 7k x?? on bsb entry. Then cmd 1 only did 13k. Sapphire Shot was doing 20k, but I only have 4 uses of that.

The other big source of damage is Radiant shield. But I'm so damn close to beating Flame without nearly anything water.

Took out Sea Lion this morning in 45 seconds which is my fastest clear. I wasn't sure how well the fight would go as my only fire SBs are Terra's SSB/OSB but that combo was more than enough to take him down.

I've now completed Bismarck, Liquid Flame and Sea Lion. I'll try Fenrir tomorrow but I don't know how well I'll do. My Ice team is lacking as well with only Squalls OSB, and Papa and Lulu's en-ice SSB.

friz898

I'm still on Flame. So close ...

I had Edea in there with Ice BSB and lost a close one, so I put Tidus back into the team in replace of Edea.

Way less DPS.

So going to miss it up again.

11 pull

Curilla Ultra So this stacks with OK?
Zeid Burst

First radiant shield, tri buff and another Dark Burst to go with Kuja, Nabaat and Edea.

Still no legend materia.

Also have Prishe Burst. So maybe I can beat XI Torment whenever that drops.

11 pull

Curilla Ultra So this stacks with OK?
Zeid Burst

First radiant shield, tri buff and another Dark Burst to go with Kuja, Nabaat and Edea.

Yes, stacks with everything except Ramza USB I think. I wanted that relic but got the other disco ball instead, still no Radiant Shield. Aphmau USB seems like it will be good for future speed meta though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Whew.

After being casual for a few good months (completing events that strike my fancy, stamina left to rot rather than doing dailies)

- Cleared out Rebirths for 5* motes
- Cleared out Nemesis (sans Apex)
- Cleared out FFXV event (not a big deal, defo tuned with no synergy in mind)
- Cleared Fenrir

Let me tell you a full dived BSB Luneth with wind magicite support can wreck shit even with shitty other SBs generally.

friz898

Good to see you playing buddy.

My excitement just grew when I saw the magicite actually level the same as everything else. I hadn't done any kind of event or dungeon for the last couple of days EXCEPT for Magicite. I saw that leveled them but figured maybe that was the only way.

So today being Sunday, goodness I have FF11 characters to level and Magicite!

Took Fenrir down to 1% this morning. He'll go down today, and I'm not sure who else.

Really enjoyihng this Magicite stuff, it's almost like we just got a big (for us) expansion pack.

Xetherion

Barely managed, but cleared Fenrir! No mastery, clear time of like 1:20. Got Fenrir down to no visible health bar left, but then he started going berserk and spamming his piercing attack... luckily I had just used Yuna usb and the Last Stand just barely kept everyone alive long enough for Rinoa to finish him off. Got the Enkidu magicite too!

Only one i have left is Living Flame. I've seen some people on reddit clearing him with Ninja magic, so i'll try to do the same tomorrow.

Hydra mastered! Felled before the mighty power of Maria's BSB. It's ridiculous how beastly that thing is. He got lucky and sniped Rinoa while she was winding up an OSB cast, or else it might have been under a minute. That's 5/6 mastered. :) Golem left. :(

hNY2fZR.png

friz898

Barely managed, but cleared Fenrir! No mastery, clear time of like 1:20. Got Fenrir down to no visible health bar left, but then he started going berserk and spamming his piercing attack... luckily I had just used Yuna usb and the Last Stand just barely kept everyone alive long enough for Rinoa to finish him off. Got the Enkidu magicite too!

Only one i have left is Living Flame. I've seen some people on reddit clearing him with Ninja magic, so i'll try to do the same tomorrow.

Nice.

Ya, on Fenrir, he had beat me at 0%-10% so many times with his double and triple cast Savage Winds, that I even went back and looked to see if it was something like "at low health, Fenfir will attack twice!" or some crap.

I guess it's just the haste (I try to dispell as soon as I can) against eventually getting slowed.

friz898

Hydra mastered! Felled before the mighty power of Maria's BSB. It's ridiculous how beastly that thing is. He got lucky and sniped Rinoa while she was winding up an OSB cast, or else it might have been under a minute. That's 5/6 mastered. :) Golem left. :(

Ya I wondered why nobody was talking about Hydra, so yesterday I went and looked and I was like "oooohhhh Earth Element!" anybody without Maria is going to have a tougher challenge.

All I have for Earth is Tifa BSB and Cid BSB. The Cid one is kinda new as in the last month or two. I also have Yda's good SSB, but to beat these magicite, I'm generally using 2 healers, Alphi with Radiant shield and also back up heals, and then 2 dps.

My best people are Support (Firion and Vaan) so they're not getting as much use.

Keym

5 out of 6 down! I... don't think I can beat Golem right now. Maybe I'll try Fenrir again to boost some wind damage. Looks like I'll miss out on the Holy/Dark Magicites next week. :(

Kain

And Bismarck down, not mastered, but done under 55 seconds. He killed three people at the end and died by radiant shield damage. Phew. 3/6

Living Flame I think I can do, Hydra and Sea Lion not so sure :/

Tidd

Biggest MVP in these magicite dungeons is Rosa's USB no other SB comes even close to that. Seriously if you don't have it save your mythril for the next FF IV banner in 10 days. This and Edge USB makes the banner soooo amazing.

Whale down... and I need some new lightning stuff (the element, well I guess in this case even stuff for the character would be great :D). Kain's BSB didn't age too well. The 4-hit entry is so bad. And when you run out of hones for Lightning Dive it takes a while to get back to the 4*9k hits. :/

I did Titan in the XV event twice. First time I tried two wind users (an imperil and an en). Terrible idea. I had to triple imperil just to remove elemental resist and I decided to RW wall as it hits fairly hard (but of course the hardest hit ignores def boosts). Result was 4 medals lost.

Second time with boring NE Cloud meta (Bartz and Vaan), not played great (last Vaan BSB entry missed out on Cloud power) but champion with a few close calls on health.

As for Magicicte I'm going to struggle with anything that is not Bismark. I did manged to get Hydra to about 40% on first attempt with Tifa's crap BSB and Maria's good BSB for earth damage so with some tweaking that remains a possibility. I wasn't doubling up on magic buffs and most the battle did not need two healers.

I've only taken out Bismarck thus far with the goal of getting one of his drops to level 99 potential before tackling the others. Lightning USB/osb/bsb2 with two heals and two entrust bots makes for a reliable sub 60 kill. Ramza legend Idived with USB and shout, minfilia with boostga last stand ssb, vanille bsb, yshtola bsb legend dived. Lightning procing her lm thunder twin strike for 40k damage is awesome.

I've got the potential for a level 80'bismark and level 65 bottomswell.

Rubenov

Beat Fenrir, another mid-40s clear again. Just focusing on being safe for now... maybe in a week or so I'll try to get sub-30 clears.

Didn't get Enkidu :(

Czarcasm

I've beaten all except Golem, though I did try earlier today. Problem is, I don't have much in the way of Wind Magic. I do have 2 maxed out Gusts and a Phantasm but it wasn't enough.

My current lineup of Wind SBs are:

Cloud BSB2/OSB
Luneth BSB/SSB
Zack CSB
Bartz OSB
Cid VII SSB
Zidane SSB
Fujin SSB

I also have Sephiroth BSB1

My magicite teams usually have 2 DPS, 2 Buffers (Usually Onion Knight BSB + Either Ramza or Curilla USB Depending on the Situation) and Rosa USB for Healing.

So yeah, any advice would be useful

Kain

Everybody's got Enkidu, I beat Fenrir three times and didn't get it yet. FML

I've beaten all except Golem, though I did try earlier today. Problem is, I don't have much in the way of Wind Magic. I do have 2 maxed out Gusts and a Phantasm but it wasn't enough.

My current lineup of Wind SBs are:

Cloud BSB2/OSB
Luneth BSB/SSB
Zack CSB
Bartz OSB
Cid VII SSB
Zidane SSB
Fujin SSB

I also have Sephiroth BSB1

My magicite teams usually have 2 DPS, 2 Buffers (Usually Onion Knight BSB + Either Ramza or Curilla USB Depending on the Situation) and Rosa USB for Healing.

So yeah, any advice would be useful

You could go Luneth, Cloud, Ramzabot, Zack/Bartz and a healer. Looks doable. I did it with less stuff but had radiant shield.

I have no idea how I'll do Hydra for example. I have 0 earth relics. Guess I'll try with some non-elemental stuff and radiant shield.

friz898

Cool seeing all this about the Magicite. I should have 2 or three more done, for a total of 5 down, by bedtime.

For you relic-puller-banner-advice-givers...

Edit: Deleted the ramble and made it concise.

I have enough mythril for one pull and can't hold on to it till fest.

Pull on FF11 where I have zero relics?
Or pull on 4/5/6? For those 3 realms I have gear/synergy in all three. But only Lenna USB in 5, Relm BSB in 6, Edge LS-Blink in 4.

Balphon

Faris 1 is probably the best non-fest banner pound for pound due out anytime soon.

If you have literally nothing for FFXI then Zeid/Aphmau 2 is as good an option as you're ever likely to have.

Xetherion

Cool seeing all this about the Magicite. I should have 2 or three more done, for a total of 5 down, by bedtime.

For you relic-puller-banner-advice-givers...

Edit: Deleted the ramble and made it concise.

I have enough mythril for one pull and can't hold on to it till fest.

Pull on FF11 where I have zero relics?
Or pull on 4/5/6? For those 3 realms I have gear/synergy in all three. But only Lenna USB in 5, Relm BSB in 6, Edge LS-Blink in 4.

This is where spending your mythril willy-nilly like you have been is going to hurt you.

FF11 still has not had another event in JP, so you're looking at 6+ months minimum before you get another opportunity to pull for synergy. And an XI Torment is coming.

And 4/5/6 are all amazing banners, and it sounds like you don't have much synergy in any of those realms, so all would be great for you. However, since you don't have a medica in 4 i would suggest you pull on that banner.

Tidd

Let me phrase it like this: Do you think that 3 Major Orbs and 2 Crystals are worth 50 mythril? If you answer this question with a yes then pull on an XI banner.

friz898

This is where spending your mythril willy-nilly like you have been is going to hurt you.

FF11 still has not had another event in JP, so you're looking at 6+ months minimum before you get another opportunity to pull for synergy. And an XI Torment is coming.

And 4/5/6 are all amazing banners, and it sounds like you don't have much synergy in any of those realms, so all would be great for you. However, since you don't have a medica in 4 i would suggest you pull on that banner.

Not being able to save is a sin I'm fine with, it's a nice feeling to satisfy that burning money in my pocket in this game, when I'm extremely budget-conscious and a long-term thinker with my checkbook in real life.

As long as I can keep up with the rest of you, and thus far I have been!

So it sounds like 11 is good if I plan to CM 11 Torment, but overall you recommend FF4?

Sounds like I can eliminate 6 from the equation.

I forgot some relics.. here is notable stuff that I have for 4 and 5.

FFIV :

Pecil SSB and BSB
Decil BSB
Rosa SSB
Edge SSB (LS/Blink)

FFV:

Gilg BSB and SSB
Bartz SSB and another SB
Faris Rev Wall SB
Lenna USB and SSB

Edit: haha nice Tidd. I usually don't ask for blanket pull advice, I usually, if i even ask, I'll say which banner of the fest is best you guys think or which FFXI banner should I pull on.

Nice way to phrase it, that eliminates FFXI.

Let me phrase it like this: Do you think that 3 Major Orbs and 2 Crystals are worth 50 mythril? If you answer this question with a yes then pull on an XI banner.

My Curilla with tri-buff and shield says it'll net me more than that.

Relm's burst is amazing. Paying money for it was a good decision. So much I could not beat since last fest without it.

Also Frizz is mistaken thinking Relm's bsb is on the VI banners. Her USB is.

Balphon

It's not like synergy is the only reason to pull. There are top-tier relics on both FFXI banners: Aphmau USB, Ayame BSB, & Lion BSB are all excellent. Moreover, every other BSB/USB available is in the above average range at worst.

These banners mostly suffer for being so proximate to the big highlights in the upcoming FF5/4/6 series (poor Meliadoul).

Kenai

It's not like synergy is the only reason to pull. There are top-tier relics on both FFXI banners: Aphmau USB, Ayame BSB, & Lion BSB are all excellent. Moreover, every other BSB/USB available is in the above average range at worst.

These banners mostly suffer for being so proximate to the big highlights in the upcoming FF5/4/6 series (poor Meliadoul).

I got Aphmau's LM from my dollar pull and Zeid's a dark copy of Luneth's (which I love) *and* I played FFXI for 5 years. Not pulling has been hard. I might be too weak to last.

Xetherion

I forgot some relics.. here is notable stuff that I have for 4 and 5.

FFIV :

Pecil SSB and BSB
Decil BSB
Rosa SSB
Edge SSB (LS/Blink)

FFV:

Gilg BSB and SSB
Bartz SSB and another SB
Faris Rev Wall SB
Lenna USB and SSB

Edit: haha nice Tidd. I usually don't ask for blanket pull advice, I usually, if i even ask, I'll say which banner of the fest is best you guys think or which FFXI banner should I pull on.

Nice way to phrase it, that eliminates FFXI.

Looks like you have a medica in 4 after all (Rosa ssb). So in that case i think this comes down to what element do you think you need most to help with magicites? Water=4, Dark=6, Earth/Wind=5. If you have all elements covered, i don't know what to tell you. Pull for your favorite character i guess?

Balphon

I got Aphmau's LM from my dollar pull and Zeid's a dark copy of Luneth's (which I love) *and* I played FFXI for 5 years. Not pulling has been hard. I might be too weak to last.

I played FFXI for a few years myself, though the only character available in FFRK I have any particular affection for is Ayame (I started in Bastok and never changed allegiance).

Bismarck and Fenrir mastered so far. I can KO Bismarck in under a minute, but Fenrir still takes awhile since I'm mainly turtling again him. I'll keep doing that now until I get Enkidu to drop then I'll probably try Sealion next.

Kenai

I played FFXI for a few years myself, though the only character available in FFRK I have any particular affection for is Ayame (I started in Bastok and never changed allegiance).

I started in Bastok and never switched as well (cause why would ya?!?!) so I do like Ayame, but don't actually remember seeing her very often after like...Mission 4? And until I re-read the story I literally had no idea who Curilla was lol.

Meanwhile, both the Shadowlord (who Zeld was a big part of) and the ToAU expansion (which Aphmau was a big part of) remain some of my favorite MMO memories. I imagine old-school WoW players felt the same about Burning Crusade (jank and all).

If they release Zazarg/Luzaf as well I might pull on said banner regardless of dupes.

This felt like an unusually easy event. Maybe they're giving us a break because of the rare synergy.

180 CM. I have to admit, whaling for Shantotto in the last FF11 event paid off handsomely here (as well as a couple lucky pulls on the current event).

Apoc+. Not too much to say on this one, just load up with Holy stuff and bust him up.

MO, again not much to it. Bring Raines, melt boss.

On to Jump Start when my stam recharges.

friz898

Looks like you have a medica in 4 after all (Rosa ssb). So in that case i think this comes down to what element do you think you need most to help with magicites? Water=4, Dark=6, Earth/Wind=5. If you have all elements covered, i don't know what to tell you. Pull for your favorite character i guess?

Thanks for follow up. My weakest elements are Water with Tidus BSB/CSB only. For Earth, All I have is Tifa BSB and Cid BSB.

lol still looks like 4 or 5. I will go look at the relic banners. I am leaning towards 4.

Top Bottom