• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

That Jump Start was not even fair. The old man got so bored that he fell asleep.

EkylZQK.png

How strong are OSBs in Magi fights without an EnElement to go with them? I only 3 OSBs so far: Orlandeau, Squall and Gilgamesh. Gilga is rarely used and NE, but would the Old Man and Squall still be useful for Entrust parties with no EnHoly, EnLightning or EnIce?

Orlandeau / Squall
Entrust Wrath Bot Shouting Ramza
Entrust Wrath Bot 2
Healer 1
Healer 2

I can use USB Relm, USB/BSB Aerith or BSB Vanille for the healers.

I also have Imperilers, but are they better than an Entruster for these fights? I could use SSB Laguna for Ice, BSB Laguna for Lightning and BSB Beatrix BSB for Holy.

Negator

Yesterday I also did what Falk did and nuked almost my entire backlog of things I have not done yet.

List of things done Yesterday
3 Dungeon updates (Half stamina lets you run them infinitely)
All Rebirth dungeons
Two FFXII Torments (CM)
The five latest Nightmare bosses

Today
XI Event
XI Jumpstart
Killed Sealion
FFXII Torment Jumpstart (CM)

All this record keeping took many many hours, lol

How strong are OSBs in Magi fights without an EnElement to go with them? I only 3 OSBs so far: Orlandeau, Squall and Gilgamesh. Gilga is rarely used and NE, but would the Old Man and Squall still be useful for Entrust parties with no EnHoly, EnLightning or EnIce?

Orlandeau / Squall
Entrust Wrath Bot Shouting Ramza
Entrust Wrath Bot 2
Healer 1
Healer 2

I can use USB Relm, USB/BSB Aerith or BSB Vanille for the healers.

I also have Imperilers, but are they better than an Entruster for these fights? I could use SSB Laguna for Ice, BSB Laguna for Lightning and BSB Beatrix BSB for Holy.

They're not that great without enElement. Of course try yourself to see. If you have a shield that'd be great. Bosses do a lot of damage.

VIII Torment is Tuesday. I think I can pull off a 3-man CM for the first time: Edea, Laguna, Irvine or Squall if Spellblade motes.

Anyone know what the Skill Motes are? Please be Spellblade. Eh. I guess it's Ninja. Guess I could just LifeSiph Squall...eh. Doesnt help for Jump Start though.

OK
Curilla
Edea
Irvine
Squall or Laguna.

Throw OK and Curilla on heals with ProShell. Just might work.

Spirit 5 star for clear and Bravery for CM.

Xetherion

Beat Liquid Flame with Yuffie bsb as my only water sb! Cleared with my slowest time yet, 1:26, with two people dead (counter Fira started hitting for 9999 after wall ran out since i didn't bring shellga), yet somehow that was still enough for mastery because i didn't lose any medals for damage taken.

As Keym said, no Holy/Dark magicites yet :(

friz898

After completing the event and JS I was able to finally unlock Tyro's Legend Grid.

The awesome thing was, I had so many 5star motes waiting for my next Legend toon that I was able to fully complete Tyro's grid in 5 seconds.

So that makes Firion, Vaan, Relm, and Tyro as fully legend dived.

Balphon

Finally beat Liquid Flame in about 1:05. Amusingly I had more success using Vaan BSB and Noctis BSB than I did with actual water characters. Edge has my only water soul break worth a damn, it seems; Tidus BSB is just too old.

ZangBa

So I mastered Fenrir in 58 seconds with no ice relics. I was fortunate enough to Endiku my first time. I know there's an app to see drops but it doesn't work seem to work for me plus it seems like cheating anyway so meh. Here's my party if anyone wants Endiku but is as ice starved as me, though my team has strong relics in general so it's not an easy setup to copy.

Alphinaud R2 Valimagra(sp? lol)/R3 Chain Blizzard - Mako Might/Deployment Tactics

Cloud R5 Lifesiphon/R3 Hailstorm - Truthseeker/BSB2

Vaan R5 Lifesiphon/R3 Thief's Revenge - Dagger damage RM/BSB

Ramza R2 Affliction Break/R5 Phantasm - Mako Might/Shout

Y'shtola R4 Ultra Cure/R2 Protectga - Ace Striker/BSB

Sealion magicite - it was marginally useful.

All but Alipinaud are fully dived. Basically Radiant Shield puts out enough damage combined with Vaan and Cloud. Vali-whatever was honestly a bad spell to take, it's better to take probably just Blizzaja because I ran out of hones at the tail end. I used him for magicite and recasting wall just to prolong his hones lol. I used Vaan's quick BSB commands to get rid of blinks so there weren't too many missed actions. Vaan is seriously a beast even if breaks are useless on these fights. Biggest issue is honestly the slow, it's pretty bullshit even with Affliction Break.

rCQxPcKl.png

1- Fuck greenpeace, first magicite done.
2- Now I need a tutorial to know what the hell I'm doing with the magicite.
3- I have to stop hoarding mythril and pull a little more, expand my elements/en-elements SB because these fights are no joke.

Cut 15 seconds off Sea Lion. Now at 41. Wasnt trying too hard. Will take out Garnet for an Entruster, Irvine, next time. Give back up heals to OK.

Picked up first Wendigo!

Snow is next Record Dive. Should complete it on the button, zero spirit to spare, after clearing VIII JS as I think we get 80?

Balphon

Managed a Liquid Flame strategy that reliably gets a 0:55 or so clear.

Still no Mom Bomb, through, so I'll have to wait to move onto Sealion.

friz898

This whole magicite system is really cool and appears well thought out. Nice to see all be effort put into an older phone game.

Czarcasm

Wasn't able to kill Golem today, so I decided to try later with maxed out ATK+, MAG+, and Wind+ Magicites.

In other news, I'm trying to decide who to use my MC3 on. At the moment, I'm split between 3 choices:

Snow (BSB1, Physical Last Stand and additional member to Ice team to Join Reynn and Shantoto)

Gladiolus (BSB, Knight with a lot of hit potential)

Curilla (USB, Stackable buff with Radiant Shield, Can Heal if needed. Also have LMR)

I also have some Healer BSBs (Arc, Lenna, Selphie) but I'm good on healers for now

Kenai

Wasn't able to kill Golem today, so I decided to try later with maxed out ATK+, MAG+, and Wind+ Magicites.

In other news, I'm trying to decide who to use my MC3 on. At the moment, I'm split between 3 choices:

Snow (BSB1, Physical Last Stand and additional member to Ice team to Join Reynn and Shantoto)

Gladiolus (BSB, Knight with a lot of hit potential)

Curilla (USB, Stackable buff with Radiant Shield, Can Heal if needed. Also have LMR)

I also have some Healer BSBs (Arc, Lenna, Selphie) but I'm good on healers for now

I use Gladiolus a lot but I also have his Last Stand (I spammed that in a winning Nemesis pt a few days ago). The BSB entry dmg is kind of weak on it's own vs bosses since it is AoE and +earth equipment is a bit hard to come by, but his Record Dives are good or above average and the BSB commands hit pretty hard.

I will probably be biased against Snow since he's my least favorite character in any FF so no comment.

Curilla's USB seems really, really strong but I am debating her sustainability for longer fights with no BSB commands if you don't have it.

Czarcasm

I use Gladiolus a lot but I also have his Last Stand (I spammed that in a winning Nemesis pt a few days ago). The BSB entry dmg is kind of weak on it's own vs bosses since it is AoE and +earth equipment is a bit hard to come by, but his Record Dives are good or above average and the BSB commands hit pretty hard.

I will probably be biased against Snow since he's my least favorite character in any FF so no comment.

Curilla's USB seems really, really strong but I am debating her sustainability for longer fights with no BSB commands if you don't have it.

I basically have everything of Curilla's except the BSB. I also have Ramza's USB so Curilla isn't my only source of that buff

Okay. I cannot even make a dent in Magicite dungeons. I thought a Fire team (Terra OSB, OK, Locke/Balthier for imperils, Relm BSB for healing) could make a dent in Sealion. Nope. I did maybe 10-20% worth of damage.

Can't do a damn thing against Fenrir either, even with Lulu and double healers.

I realize -- in theory -- how one's supposed to beat these things, but I cannot put it into practice.

Help?

(I feel like so many things are relic-checks now, and every character has to be "fully dived" even though motes are sparse.)

Okay. I cannot even make a dent in Magicite dungeons. I thought a Fire team (Terra OSB, OK, Locke/Balthier for imperils, Relm BSB for healing) could make a dent in Sealion. Nope. I did maybe 10-20% worth of damage.

I realize -- in theory -- how one's supposed to beat these things, but I cannot put it into practice.

Help?

(I feel like so many things are relic-checks now, and every character has to be "fully dived" even though motes are sparse.)

I tried bringing imperil against Sealion as well, and got nowhere with it.

For me, what's been reliable so far is two elemental damage dealers (preferably magical), Rikku USB, Yuna BSB2 (for another party MAG buff), and a second dedicated healer. Elemental resist accessories and +Element weapons and armor are also a must.

Rubenov

Help?

What has worked for me is entrusting an OSB character using two supporters, wrathing and entrusting. I make it a point to use those OSBs I either have an enelement for, or a relic materia that gives me the "start the round with the power of... "

Also, once you finish one, just repeat the same dungeon since you know you can beat it, to get more magicites and break their level caps. It all starts to snowball after you can clear 1, due to getting the magicites. Just try your best enelemented OSB!

What has worked for me is entrusting an OSB character using two supporters, wrathing and entrusting. I make it a point to use those OSBs I either have an enelement for, or a relic materia that gives me the "start the round with the power of... "

Also, once you finish one, just repeat the same dungeon since you know you can beat it, to get more magicites and break their level caps. It all starts to snowball after you can clear 1, due to getting the magicites. Just try your best enelemented OSB!

Huh. My OSBs are...

Terra (no en-Fire)
Bartz (no en-anything)
Agrias (the OG waifu, she's got an en-Holy AND a Holy imperil)
Noctis (nope for en-element)
Gladiolus (same)
Greg (same...)
Rinoa (nope, no en-anything)
Edgar (does en-poison exist?)

For BSBs...

Pecil (en-Holy...)
Refia (en-Fire)
Minfilia (en-Holy........)
Cloud (en-Wind)
Luneth (en-Wind)
Steiner (en-Fire)
Gladiolous (en-Earth)
Auron (en-Fire)
Garland (en-Dark...?)
Cid-FF7 (en-Wind)
Vivi (en-Fire)
Yuffie (en-Water)
Alphinaud (en-Wind)

As you can see, there isn't any overlap among en-element BSBs and OSBs, save for Holy.

What are the RMs that are "start the round with the power of...?" In theory, I SHOULD be able to melt Holy. My Holy team is stacked, as is my physical Wind team, but there's no Holy yet.

Rubenov

Huh. My OSBs are...

Terra (no en-Fire)
Bartz (no en-anything)
Agrias (the OG waifu, she's got an en-Holy AND a Holy imperil)
Noctis (nope for en-element)
Gladiolus (same)
Greg (same...)
Rinoa (nope, no en-anything)
Edgar (does en-poison exist?)

For BSBs...

Pecil (en-Holy...)
Refia (en-Fire)
Minfilia (en-Holy........)
Cloud (en-Wind)
Luneth (en-Wind)
Steiner (en-Fire)
Gladiolous (en-Earth)
Auron (en-Fire)
Garland (en-Dark...?)
Cid-FF7 (en-Wind)
Vivi (en-Fire)
Yuffie (en-Water)
Alphinaud (en-Wind)

As you can see, there isn't any overlap among en-element BSBs and OSBs, save for Holy.

What are the RMs that are "start the round with the power of...?" In theory, I SHOULD be able to melt Holy. My Holy team is stacked, as is my physical Wind team, but there's no Holy yet.

You can build a decent fire team off of these, maybe you should focus first on beating the ice magicite. Refia's BSB is a source of many clears judging by gamers' feedback. Get her as high as you can (99 + motes), equip fire-boosting equipment if you have it, +damage RM (Scholar's Boon or Vivi's RM4--"deal much more fire damage"). The Steiner if using Shout, or Vivi if you have hybrid buffs. Make the rest of the party boosters / healers. No need for entrusting if you're just lifesiphoning to BSB.

That should work in a little over a minute.

WarAdept

All Magicites done! My times are terrible

Started off with Sealion (as Fire is my strongest element) and made my way around.

Hydra and Living Flame gave me the most grief. Trying to find a way around Hydras extreme Imperil Lightning spam and Living Flame in general (I ended up brute forcing it with Cloud/Noct) was hours of tweaking and hilarious fails.

I didn't get mastery for a lot of them as the only EnElement to OSB combos I have is for Fire. Living Flame I got a surprising Mastery from.

I need more OSB/USBs in general. Got too many SSB and BSBs aren't too crash hot for speed meta.

c2qY9s3l.jpg
wlxGVVWl.png
RxhJgTFl.png
5jPRxigl.png
n87TbB7l.png
GpeOjoSl.png

Help?

Since breaks are meaningless buff yourself. Had Garnet back up healing with RES buff for Sea Lion. You should have at least 1 or 2 buffers on your team.

Kain

All the extra battles of the XI event done, the JS in particular was a breeze and now I finally got Ysh LD.

I think I can do Living flame and the other one weak to earth, I realized I have Bartz's OSB so I'll try a Ramzabot strategy. I'm going to pull on the V banner anyway, I could do with some new stuff.

Falk

that puzzling face
Breaks aren't exactly meaningless, but on the flipside they've lost so much potency it's more of if your abilities has some sort of stat debuff attached it's a bonus, rather than having to plan to slot Full Break/Breakdown on a character like almost always.

It adds up to ~5-10% more damage and ~5-10% less incoming, and on fights as tightly tuned as these are they're p good when you've already stacked all other available options.

e.g. if you have Tyro's BSB and are using him as an Entrust bot, while also popping the BSB for a Magic Blink, you might as well smack the boss with DEF/RES debuff for ~5% (I think?) more damage if your damage dealer is good on gauges and you're a little ahead on wrath turns.

I've been blowing through Dungeons (5 Dungeon Updates in the past four days... yeah) thanks to Luneth dive. It may not be the most useful for cutting edge content but it sure is some sick QoL shit. Lifesiphon every wave before anyone does anything, unload Cloud USB RW and then two BSBs in a row for like ~300k damage before the boss has a chance to do anything, because interrupts.

0XjTpqp.png

Of course, it also leads to stuff like this because I'm dum and forget Elite dungeons have more star reqs but thankfully dungeons don't cost all that much stam

don't ask how i failed the water check

friz898

I've taken Flame and Fenrir both to 0% but have been super busy last couple of days.

Still only have Sealion and Bismarck done. But have been collecting stones!

Will get them soon, gotta catch back up to you guys! Man this is fun.

Btw, I think I'm going to make a "Tier" list. If you guys know what I mean, its like in an mmo how hard content is, and where the jumps are. Say d140 to d220, or Torments and Mote dungeons etc.

I know this is nerdy and time consuming, but I love making lists (and excel) almost as much as I love playing this game, and I'm off work today!

Also slightly related is how games like WoW and Everquest kept rankings/charts showing which uber guild had cleared which content. So it's like, when I ask who here has cleared all 6, that currently puts those people ahead as the fartherest in the content (assuming everything else already done).

Keym

I think the ones that should be at the top of the tier list are those who can do every single torment CM mission, no matter what realm they are.

friz898

Fenrir is a frustrating fight, down to the RNG of his blink timing. Either everything goes smoothly... or he blinks Celes' BSB2 entry three times in a row. :(

I've thought I had Fenrir twice, but then out of nowhere it seems like he attacks 3 Savage Winds in a row, Overcomming res's, and heals that are banked, and last stand.

I know I'll get him, as I've had him at 0%, but man!

Kain

After some frustrating LF tries I went to Sealion... Mastery on the first try with only two DPS and with a good time too. Mage meta for the win, what the hell. Only Ace's Ultra and Krile's crappy BSB. Three different faithgas so the softcap was destroyed, but still.

Xetherion

I think the ones that should be at the top of the tier list are those who can do every single torment CM mission, no matter what realm they are.

That would be whales, which is why i don't think player tier lists are a worthwhile idea. Whales will always be at the top.

The only tier lists i would be interested in are character dps rankings. There were some on gamefaqs but it doesn't look like they've been updated in awhile, and they were also just general dps. I'd like to see separate dps rankings per element.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean really it boils down to "does this character have an OSB and an element attach"

if yes, S tier

if only OSB, A tier

if only BSB with a good secondary effect, B tier

Almost everything else depends on what kind of party setup you're stacking - chains, imperils, multiple layers of offensive boost, etc

ultra7k

Man, Fenrir is killing me. I can't do enough DPS to take it down.

Ice soul breaks:
Serah BSB
Snow BSB
Squall's Unique SB for 4 ice hits.

Snow just doesn't do enough DPS which is unfortunate. Fenrir might have to wait until I can get some more or something.

I also tried turtling with Alphinaud (suprisingly does decent damage with his BSB) and Radiant Shield, but at about 1:20:00 Fenrir goes crazy and does that AOE attack like 3 times in a row lol.

All the extra battles of the XI event done, the JS in particular was a breeze and now I finally got Ysh LD.
I got to try out old forgotten toys here of Edward BSB and Orlandu SSB. The latter impressed me. Two turns CT0 is great in these fights. CT0 while Cloud USB is active, sure why not? Plus Lich was nice with the AI patterns not slowing Edward or putting Orlandu to sleep.

Balphon

Four Liquid Flame later, still no Mom Bomb drop.

How annoying. Really don't want to resort to one of those packet inspecting tools for this but I may have to.

Top Bottom