• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I like how one of the medal conditions is "win before he uses shadow flare". It might as well have just said "win", and if that's the case, why do we even need that medal condition in the first place?

I beat it after Shadow Flare. Had a Last Stand banked and popped another before the second blast. Took out before a 3rd would have landed. Thanks for the crystals sucka! Will try again for mastery Sunday after some leveling.

WarAdept

OSBs

Have x2 Blood Sword, wouldn't mind a 3rd. Expected OSB's, but I'm glad that Tidus made the list. Negative points for no Vaan OSB for it being a fantastic realm agnostic dagger.

BSBs

Have Onion Gauntlets and Excalibur (FFT). Shit hit the fan here. Paladin Force/White Materia is lol and I'd even argue Divine Ruination (I have this and I never use it because her SB that does Atk/Mag -50% is much more valueable) is a waste.

SSBs

Have x2 Platinum Sword. Generally good relics/SB's here, with Onion Slice being the questionable one.

---

So 4/15 out of all these relics. Not bad.

Rubenov

I pulled Cloud's BSB 2 from the ongoing banner, so I'm interested in getting his OSB. The higher his attack, the higher his BSB 2 damage scales up... so I'm hunting for any and all +10 ATK stat increases.

Other than that, pulling for Vessel of Fate since I still don't have it.

Anustart

with my luck I'm going 1/11 either off banner or yuna medica.

Not to mention I have 4 of those items on there, so If I don't do one of the above, I'm going 1/11 dupe.

Congrats in advance to every other player who goes 10/11 and gets everything on the banner.

One day I'll get more than 3/11. 2 years and counting.

scy

So 4/15 out of all these relics. Not bad.

Granted, I'm new but my understanding was it was the top 4 OSBs and BSBs and then the top 3 SSBs and not all 15? I'm torn since I have basically no relics at all so it's all a win more or less but some winners (Water element stat stick, Sheepsong) being absent for some really dumb things (Lightning OSB? OK SSB?) is a little hilarious. If it's actually all of them then that's slightly better at least.

I had budgeted a bonus pull with Mythril but unless my free pull is actual garbage, I'll probably just use that elsewhere.
I just jinxed myself, didn't I

Syntsui

There is still chance for Orlandu OSB, Vaan OSB/BSB on the actual paid banners, so I won't complain too much. But holy shit the mainstream community can't be trusted to choose anything. They should do a GAF choice's banner next time.

WarAdept

There is still chance for Orlandu OSB, Vaan OSB/BSB on the actual paid banners, so I won't complain too much. But holy shit the mainstream community can't be trusted to choose anything. They should do a GAF choice's banner next time.

Reckon it's more or less guaranteed Orlandu is there on the 5 standard Anniversary banners. Vaan I'm hopeful for, because every attempt at getting that stupid BSB has landed me with a pile of salt.

But yeah. Cloud Keeper rears it's ugly head again after 2 years.

Caim

First set of XV characters for JP:

01f0a6b7-5e9e-3f14-8fe0-d60551408c30.png

WarAdept

Guess it's to coincide with Episode Gladio.

Still...

At least she has a badass Technique in XV. Better be her damn BSB/OSB.

EDIT:

Granted, I'm new but my understanding was it was the top 4 OSBs and BSBs and then the top 3 SSBs and not all 15? I'm torn since I have basically no relics at all so it's all a win more or less but some winners (Water element stat stick, Sheepsong) being absent for some really dumb things (Lightning OSB? OK SSB?) is a little hilarious. If it's actually all of them then that's slightly better at least.

I had budgeted a bonus pull with Mythril but unless my free pull is actual garbage, I'll probably just use that elsewhere.
I just jinxed myself, didn't I

Yeah if it follow's Japan's Ultros Banner of 4/4/3, we'll get this as our banner:

Ragnarok
Blood Sword
Gladius
Punishment
Onion Gauntlet
Healer's Circlet
Excalibur (IV)
Wizer Rod
Excalibur (VI)
Platinum Sword
Onion Sword

Certainly not a bad banner for those still wanting to break into difficult content (4 super stat sticks, 2 healer BSB's and some universal buffs in the form of VoF/Shout). Meh if you are already doing good in Ultimates/Torment though. The Onion Sword Wallbreak is out of nowhere though, lol.

Lightning fans ruin everything

Syntsui

Iris better be good, because those sprites deserve to be used on my main team, straight up perfection. Noctis is also very well done, I'm quite surprised how they made him. Gladiolus is whatever.

Wazzy

Banned
Squall number two my boyyyyyy

Fuck everyone who didn't vote Rinoa into the top 25. Lightning at number 3 is a travesty.

Ragnarok
Blood Sword
Gladius
Punishment
Onion Gauntlet
Healer's Circlet
Excalibur (IV)
Wizer Rod
Excalibur (VI)
Platinum Sword
Onion Sword

]

Hmm
Glad this is a free pull I have
Ragnarok +
Onion gauntlet
Excalibur IV
Excalibur vi+
Platinum sword +++
Onion sword

So I'll probably go one for eleven with a Rosetta Stone. Another ragnarok or Excalibur vi would be awesome though.

Don't Have
Ragnarok
Blood Sword
Gladius
Healer's Circlet
Excalibur (IV)

Have
Punishment
Onion Gauntlet
Wizer Rod
Excalibur (VI)
Platinum Sword
Onion Sword

I won't complain about any pull I get considering it's free. However, it is very likely I'll get a dupe here, since the new relics for me are all on the rarer side of the banner. Do we know when this goes up?

evangd007

There are multiple banner fests coming as well (4 or 5 plus 3 Lucky Draws).... this is just the players' selection.

I know. I'm just laughing at how everyone on reddit thought that the Ultros banner would be some godlike banner worth pulling 10 times on. Instead we somehow get 4 whammies on a banner without unique SBs.

I might have this feeling because I don't like OSBs in general. They don't seem worth the bar you spend unless you have max buffs, max debuffs on the target, realm synergy, an elemental weakness, imperil on top of it, and an en-element to cap it off. After all that setup you might hit damage cap, but if you have all that setup you've probably already won.

Beat the d250 last night. Three main differences from my first failed attempts:

1) Used Luneth instead of Galuf, this way I could have Orlandeau OSB every single turn until thunder gigas was dead, since I could use Luneth to hit poison weakness

2) fully buffing on round 6. Not having to waste time with buffs allowed me to start hitting debuffs immediately

3) stacked lightning and ice resistance accessories

Wasn't too bad with this, although i did get low on hones later on

People keep saying free stuff, but just to be clear, aren't these just items that are on the banner? I mean are we actually getting free items or do we have to pull for them?

scy

People keep saying free stuff, but just to be clear, aren't these just items that are on the banner? I mean are we actually getting free items or do we have to pull for them?

The JP version was a free 11 pull and then normal price after that. The assumption is global will be the same but who knows!

So basically a potential free 1/11 OK SSB, please be excited.

Syntsui

The second part of the new XIII banner is very very tempting... That Vanille USB is said to be a must have for future content and there is the Raines BSB again.
On the banner, there will be 1 free pull and then unlimited paid pulls.
The abilities will be free I guess.

MrDaravon

Yeah if it follow's Japan's Ultros Banner of 4/4/3, we'll get this as our banner:

Ragnarok
Blood Sword
Gladius
Punishment
Onion Gauntlet
Healer's Circlet
Excalibur (IV)
Wizer Rod
Excalibur (VI)
Platinum Sword
Onion Sword

Certainly not a bad banner for those still wanting to break into difficult content (4 super stat sticks, 2 healer BSB's and some universal buffs in the form of VoF/Shout). Meh if you are already doing good in Ultimates/Torment though. The Onion Sword Wallbreak is out of nowhere though, lol.

This actually is a pretty decent list for me; I only have 3/11, the Blood Sword and both OK relics. My only healer BSB is meh (Lenna) and I would love to have either of the healer BSBs on here period as I have no medica at all for FF7 and only Y'shtola's original Medica for FF14. Celes' SSB would also be nice as she's still my #2 waifu and I have no relics for her and also neither of the Runic relics so that's some good utility. I also don't have anything for Cecil and while I don't really need Sheepsong/Shout per se since I have OK'S BSB they would still be nifty to have for potential full-on phys/magic teams and/or CM purposes.

So of course I'm going to get like 3/11 and have them all be OK BSB dupes :(. Depending on what the anniversary banners look like though and what I get on the first pull I could see pulling on this one again though for me personally with the specific gaps I have in general and what's on this banner, most especially for Ysh/Aerith BSBs which would help out where I'm lacking specifically. End of the month can't get here fast enough, I should have somewhere around ~240 mythril by the time it starts and that's not including anything they give us once it actually starts proper.

Good. Free Bahamut/Full Break.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrbs.

Man, is there any reason you wouldn't break those down if you already have them? Full Break is probably not a big deal for most folks (especially if you also have Multi-break and other additional options), but I'm trying to think if there's any sort of potential edge case for keeping the second Bahamut to hone?

Balphon

The second part of the new XIII banner is very very tempting... That Vanille USB is said to be a must have for future content and there is the Raines BSB again.

It's a really solid banner with a nice spread of stuff. Astra/status blink is obviously good but we should be getting other stuff with it besides Vanille's USB soon enough if that's your main goal.

Rubenov

Did two 11x pulls:

First pull got me Sazh's BSB and second pull got me Vanille's BSB.

OMG I've never got everything I wanted back-to-back like that.

Other honorable mentions are Fang's Armguards, Sazh's SSB, and Lightning SSB.

scy

100 gem pull -> 4*

Decided to just 11 pull -> 5/11. Sazh SSB x2, Fang SSB (Spear) x3. I'll take it but ... man, really? This isn't how I expected to be getting all my dupes.

Well, with native Firion BSB, Maria BSB and Minwu Instant Medica + Wall RW, the CM for Torment II was very easy as I thought after I experimented without wall. This thing must be incredibly terrible for people lacking the right relics...

Now I wonder if I try the CM for 5 now that I got a Medica for Lenna with RES+ and Valigarmanda to spam with Krile using Indomitable Blade RW. Won't be able to stack much MAG+ on her, Faith and that's about it... Would also have to manually cast Haste. Seems hard!

Rubenov

Well, with native Firion BSB, Maria BSB and Minwu Instant Medica + Wall RW, the CM for Torment II was very easy as I thought after I experimented without wall. This thing must be incredibly terrible for people lacking the right relics...

Now I wonder if I try the CM for 5 now that I got a Medica for Lenna with RES+ and Valigarmanda to spam with Krile using Indomitable Blade RW. Won't be able to stack much MAG+ on her, Faith and that's about it... Would also have to manually cast Haste. Seems hard!

I'm not bothering with V until I pull some relics for it. Only thing I have is Gilgamesh's Masamune.

Top Bottom