• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

LOL at Dervish, was it that bad?

It wasn't bad. It had a higher multiplier than Northern Cross when hasted (2 x 2.2 compared to NC's 2 x 2.0), but NC had the 51% chance to Stun (Stop is basically useless in the grand scheme of things when it comes to endgame content.)

Now with this buff, Dervish has the potential to be the most damaging ST skill in the game. Combined with Cloud's USB, you can probably easily get 80k+ per use on Celerity characters using this.

We'll see how this turns out. I'm glad I've hoarded all my crystals so far.

It wasn't bad. It had a higher multiplier than Northern Cross when hasted (2 x 2.2 compared to NC's 2 x 2.0), but NC had the 51% chance to Stun (Stop is basically useless in the grand scheme of things when it comes to endgame content.)

Now with this buff, Dervish has the potential to be the most damaging ST skill in the game. Combined with Cloud's USB, you can probably easily get 80k+ per use on Celerity characters using this.

We'll see how this turns out. I'm glad I've hoarded all my crystals so far.

Omega Drive is also getting both a higher multiplier and higher number of hits, so it will still be close, if not better

Pulling Noel SSB with my 100 gems just makes me more annoyed because it's one more possible dupe if I decide to pull for Cid BSB... :/

Will probably wait to see if anniversary banners are datamined with the maintenance.

scy

100 gems -> 3*; probably not worth chasing Raines BSB when missing every other possible piece of a mage meta comp.

Here's hoping for datamined info.

Syntsui

That moment you have everything but Cid BSB. Time to stop and accept I'll never have it, time to hoard again.

I have a curse with characters named Cid...

That moment you have everything but Cid BSB. Time to stop and accept I'll never have it, time to hoard again.

I have a curse with characters named Cid...

I just hate Cid Raines and everything XIII (except Vanille is my MP goddess). I'll RW him if I need it. I don't even bother with CMs usually...

Took down the Apoc MP pretty easily. I exclusively use OK/Vanille these days. Even their BSBs synergize: Vanille's Cmd1 is a 2hit attack plus -30% RES, and OK is basically Swiftspell->Swiftspell->Swiftspell...

Toss a Full Break or ProShellga on either of them, and you'll cover most victory conditions, even if your MP colleagues suck.

I have like 200 mythril and while I want to pull, I don't feel the need. I guess we'll see what the anniversary banners have.

I told myself I'd only pull 2 times, but I ended up pulling 4 times :( I think I have basically everything on the banner now. Got 2 copies of Vanille's USB, also got Noel, Hope, and Raines' BSB, and some other SSBs that I forget now.

Guess it makes up for the fact that I haven't really pulled in like a month now.

Syntsui

I told myself I'd only pull 2 times, but I ended up pulling 4 times :( I think I have basically everything on the banner now. Got 2 copies of Vanille's USB, also got Noel, Hope, and Raines' BSB, and some other SSBs that I forget now.

Guess it makes up for the fact that I haven't really pulled in like a month now.
5 here (considering the 100gem which got me Serah), everything but what I wanted. Cid curse too strong.

Man, both raids went down on the first attempt with PUGS for me, though the 200 version was a bit dicey at the end. Celes w/ indom blade was a waste unfortunately, but using banishing blade every round was vital.

Pulling 3 bursts on the 1st banner out of 12 relics means this new one is an easy pass. I like a few of the relics but really they would just be warming the bench. I have a big enough backlog on my MC3 needs as it is.

ok, that cm was super easy with: lightning, snow, sazh, vanille with bsbs and hope with his osb (didn't use, used flare r3 and meltdown r1) rw shout.

apparently ultimate drops black crystals, which seems an easy farm but for orb fest starting soon.

Rubenov

If you got all the top prizes in just 4 pulls, that's extremely lucky.

Falk

that puzzling face
This thread sure is different when we have a couple of people pulling multiple times every banner :|

remember the good old days when everyone was struggle tier and we made fun of people going beyond $1

Beat d200 raines wih 00 seconds on everyone's doom counters lol

This thread sure is different when we have a couple of people pulling multiple times every banner :|

remember the good old days when everyone was struggle tier and we made fun of people going beyond $1

Its not every banner anymore :(.

ccbfan

Any chance the anniversary banners will be known before the ffxiii banners end?

Really want

CID bssb
a ffxiii sword for rs
a a black mage bssb
a stackable faithga

And this banner has all 4 in multiple forms.

Honestly the only item i don't want is the USB and the ssb gloves.

Syntsui

If one of the anniversary banners has Orlandu OSB + Raines BSB, oh shit.

Last fest had banners with relics from very recent banners before it, so it's not that absurd.

CM seemed easier than usual, they all have really low HP. And the 60 stamina U was ridiculously easy, he only got in like 3 attacks the whole fight

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember being salty that I never pulled a Lightning relic after spending 150 mythril. I still don't really have anything useful for her. lol

friz898

My U+ Update:

100gem pull was 3star dupe trash.

d140 fight was very easy.

d160 fight gave me a lot of trouble, but eventually got it.

Was planning to break Mog with MC3, but wasn't available. Broke Relm instead. Have Firion and Minwu at 99 for our next event.

No more double greens. Sigh, I'm up to 185k, enough for my final 10k shards and one 100kmshard with 65k greens to spare. Hopefully we'll get something useful tomspend them on in a week.

friz898

No more double greens. Sigh, I'm up to 185k, enough for my final 10k shards and one 100kmshard with 65k greens to spare. Hopefully we'll get something useful tomspend them on in a week.

I did one 100k stam shard earlier this month. I think I have around 100k right now, but I dont know that I will spend it on a stam shard. At 180 0/0 Stam right now, so seems no point to buy one unless i'm at like 3/5 or 4/5 shards.

pulling was a mistake

hSjmK7Q.png

I did one 100k stam shard earlier this month. I think I have around 100k right now, but I dont know that I will spend it on a stam shard. At 180 0/0 Stam right now, so seems no point to buy one unless i'm at like 3/5 or 4/5 shards.
Dungeon updates (DU) these days always seem to contain 10 shards (and if you've not purchased any with greens you will end with 4/5) so there is basically no point buying any more shards ion the long term when you've got all from DU and are at 0/5.

Pejo

Yesssss, beat the FFVII U++ and got another MC3. This one went right to Luneth. All I need now is

- Zack
- Y'sh
- Warrior of Light

and I'm set with my "mains". Hopefully we get a free MC3 in the Orbfest login stuff, and I have a ton of FFXIII synergy, so hopefully I can knock this one out too.

Yeah I've been using a few here and there on dungeon updates to power through them.

pulling was a mistake

That fist is one of the only reasons I considered pulling this banner. I have snows bsb but in realm his best weapon I have is the 4+++ fist.

friz898

Well tried my first Nightmare fight since the release of Ultima Buster.

I finished Ultima Buster when it came out, but I spent 25 mythril doing it and said never again on Nightmares.

So tried today, what, a year later? Lol, I was doing pretty good I thought, and every hit was doing 9999's, and was doing the gimick..

But then two died, followed by a Demon-Wall Crush wipe.

He was at 40%, so ya, I'll try nightmares again when the level cap is 150. :D

I'll just focus on cleared the rest of the nightmare battles minus the final fight to get some orbs I'm missing.

Syntsui

I finished Ultima Buster when it came out, but I spent 25 mythril doing it and said never again on Nightmares.

So tried today, what, a year later? Lol, I was doing pretty good I thought, and every hit was doing 9999's, and was doing the gimick..

I'll just focus on cleared the rest of the nightmare battles minus the final fight to get some orbs I'm missing.
I don't understand, you spent 25 mithril on a 1 stamina fight?

Honestly you don't need to be 150, or even 99, for any of these fights. All you need is hones. If you had an insta-wipe it's because you didn't kill one of the mana spheres.

friz898

Honestly you don't need to be 150, or even 99, for any of these fights. All you need is hones. If you had an insta-wipe it's because you didn't kill one of the mana spheres.

I get frustrated fast when battles have "lots of rules".

My undersatnding is the 3 who are in the zone need to do enough dmg to avoid the crush, which once I lost two, I failed at.

The other two not in the zone need to spread out dmg between the arms correct?

I had

Pecil, Cloud, WoL, and Bartz all at 99.
Had Echo as my lone healer and Protectga (also at 99).

Used SG as my RW.

Edit: My hones are all maxed on R4 abilities. Only r1 and r2 on 5star abilities.

I get frustrated fast when battles have "lots of rules".

My undersatnding is the 3 who are in the zone need to do enough dmg to avoid the crush, which once I lost two, I failed at.

The other two not in the zone need to spread out dmg between the arms correct?

I had

Pecil, Cloud, WoL, and Bartz all at 99.
Had Echo as my lone healer and Protectga (also at 99).

Used SG as my RW.

Edit: My hones are all maxed on R4 abilities. Only r1 and r2 on 5star abilities.

The other two need to not do damage at all. Ultimately, your team arrangement needs to be a certain way for this fight to be easiest.

Healer/Support
DPS
DPS
DPS
Healer/Support

This way, regardless of where the cone goes, you have at least two people doing damage to the wall, which should be more than enough. You get through the first phase quickly, second phase is the cone, and third phase is just DPS frenzy.

friz898

The other two need to not do damage at all. Ultimately, your team arrangement needs to be a certain way for this fight to be easiest.

Healer/Support
DPS
DPS
DPS
Healer/Support

This way, regardless of where the cone goes, you have at least two people doing damage to the wall, which should be more than enough. You get through the first phase quickly, second phase is the cone, and third phase is just DPS frenzy.

I didn't think about having the group setup that way. I had Echo in the middle, as I generally have my healer the 2nd slot (ala FFIV) or in the middle if only one caster.

But that makes a ton of sense and would have helped.

200 Cid Raines is a tough fight. Did like 8 battles where we got him really close to dead but just didn't have the deeps to finish it before the timer reached zero.

Then, got into a group where someone's Onion Knight was put to sleep right at the beginning of the fight, and someone else kept casting Asylum so he couldn't be woken up. So we were down one man for essentially the entire fight. And that's when we finally beat him, go figure.

200 Cid Raines is a tough fight. Did like 8 battles where we got him really close to dead but just didn't have the deeps to finish it before the timer reached zero.

Then, got into a group where someone's Onion Knight was put to sleep right at the beginning of the fight, and someone else kept casting Asylum so he couldn't be woken up. So we were down one man for essentially the entire fight. And that's when we finally beat him, go figure.

I literally killd him with 00 left on the clock. It didn't look like we were going to make it because he had probably 20k of health left, but my Agrias got her Holy Knight Charge off right when the timer hit 00 and it did like 4k / hit x 7. Everyone in the group was spamming Nice! over and over, lol

Top Bottom