• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At least they all give stats and synergy :)
Yeah, although I don't use any of them. lol
Could be useful if I ever try those Cid missions. But it's funny how Cloud went from my all-star to someone I never use. Poor guy with his crappy Bursts and SBs...

MiTYH

I can never not pull on a lucky draw.

3/11
Yuffie's Magic Shuriken
Cloud's 1st Fusion Sword
Sephiroth's Masamune Shinuchi (dupe)

Pretty happy with that!

Dont see myself beating Dark Bahamut. At least I got the MC3. Gil farming before FFI tomorrow. Should be just over 50 mythril when FFVIII drops. Think I will go for second banner cuz I got those characters already to 80.

Weird, I got a free Mythril for having Braska's High Summoner's Staff, and yet they didn't give out a free Mythril when Zidane's OSB text was wrong.

LucaMac

Just a dupe Cid's goggles for me. I don't mind really, gives a nice boost to wind damage and I've luneths burst. All the mythril will be saved for Clouds USB now which I have in Japan. It's just too beautiful to not have.

ultra7k

did the lucky draw, and thought I went Barrett/11.

Turns out it was Reno's BSB.

Cleared the 200 torment yesterday, Divine Guardian as RW was a champ as was Celes SSB.

Now to try for the 250.

friz898

Wasn't gonna do the lucky pull but after they gave me 5 mithril or whatever today, I went ahead.

3/11 -- Tifa Oversoul, my second of those so combined it. Reno's Light Rod, had his Telescopic Baton already, and Sephiroth's burst - Masamune-Shunaki or some-such. I'm happy with that.

The rest was 3star and 1 4star -- all were dupes and used as upgrade materials.

cpp, I got over my OCD of needing to have 1 of every spell. So I shattered nearly everything except 4star/5star and a few useful 3star spells/skills. --- I had no idea shattering abilities was so expensive. I went through the 24mil remaining gil I had left over from the 28mil I built up during orbfest. Guess I have a reason to play on Wednesdays again.

Torment cm down and mastered. Will wait a bit for a 250 attempt. Still have to do the x cm and 250.

Team:
Cloud with osb and en-wind sb, draw taliate
Yuffie steal defense, theifs raid, insta cure sb double cut rm
Red entrust r1 wrath shell ssb double cut rm
Cait sith curaja magic breakdance hyperbreak ssb mako might
Aeris ultra cure r3 protecga -oops, healing wind and seal evil sbs dr move

Rw shout

Drawtaliate and wrath throughout the trash
Sl until aerith seals both fires and get breaks/mitigation on the big guy so no ohk
Climhazzard then osbs for cloud
Ssb by red then entrust twice

Good stuff, that entrust battery is potent if you can sacrifice a character slot.

For the 250 I've honed I entrust to r2
Cloud
Celebs with Indomitable blade, silencga, snowstorm strike
Ramza entrust battery. He has shout and insta cure sbs if needed
Cait as above
Eiko as she is my only bsb healer

We'll see how that goes.

evangd007

What is needed to do the U+ raid and not be a liability? I'm trying to hold on to my eggs for the FFVIII banner, but I could raise Gilgamesh (BSB) and Ramza (Shout/Medica) to 80.

ultra7k

argh only got expert on FF7 250 - everyone died except Celes who spammed Snowspell strike and Indomitable blade every chance she got. I think i missed mastery by 1 medal.

Going to have to try it again with a magic blink this time - eating Meteors is not conducive to victory.

In case anyone has considered farming MP for major orbs, I've been doing the D160 all day and I can say with some confidence that the rate is about 5%. 3/56 so far, terrible rate. Don't waste your time.

Ahnez

In case anyone has considered farming MP for major orbs, I've been doing the D160 all day and I can say with some confidence that the rate is about 5%. 3/56 so far, terrible rate. Don't waste your time.

5% is about the drop rate for 6* materials from SP Ultimate battles, no? And i believe 10% for 5*

Isn't it better to farm those instead?

5% is about the drop rate for 6* materials from SP Ultimate battles, no? And i believe 10% for 5*

Isn't it better to farm those instead?

If you're an asshole you can exit the MP battle and go into a new one without using any stamina if you don't get the drop, so it's a guaranteed 20 stamina / major orb. With the Ultimates you have to use 60 stamina no matter what, even if you get nothing.

luinKPU.png
I'm very pleased with this pull. As a result, I now have my first full relic SB character in Aerith (Healing Wind SB, Crit Up SB, Reraise Medica SSB, Medica BSB). Zack is close behind her too with 3 SBs (Rush, Helicopter Thingy, BSB).

We're getting 45 mythril leading up to the game's second anniversary. Sweet!

Anyone have an idea of what celebration is next for us? I've been hoarding mythril because I think someone mentioned there was one coming up...

Rubenov

There is too much hype coming soon that will google up all that mythril.

- Fujin hype

- Cloud USB hype

- 3x LD Anniversary hype

- Ultros banner hype

- Additional anniversary banners hype

- Orbfest (it is hype for new players!)

I can't...

Torment 250 done. That guy eats a lot of osbs, that's for damn sure. Not sure when I'm going t get back to the x cm and x 250, justo much better f a pain in the ass with my gear. Maybe in two months when I've broken a few more characters to level 99 and get lucky with some relic pulls.

I hope I didn't just permanently fuck up my account, but after beating the D200 Torment dungeon I created 2 copies of Demonsblood and shattered both of them for the crystals. YOLO bitches!

Balphon

I hope I didn't just permanently fuck up my account, but after beating the D200 Torment dungeon I created 2 copies of Demonsblood and shattered both of them for the crystals. YOLO bitches!

Demonsblood is only really useful if you want to use retaliate in a fight you don't expect will last that long.

Moreover, there are only 9 characters presently capable of going to 6* samurai and the game has given out more than enough motes to unlock it on all of them. Even if you don't have the ones from five dooms you're fine.

How did you create two copies?

Rank 2 of the record sphere for the 6* abilities gives you a copy of the ability. You can theoretically make one for each character capable of going to 6*.

How did you create two copies?

You get 30 motes from doing the D200. You only need 15 to create the ability. The other 15 you can either use to fully dive that sphere on one character, or you can put those 15 toward another copy of the ability with a different character, or you can use it to unlock the ability to use 6* Samurai on 3 other characters. So I dove Gilgamesh and Orlandeau to R2, each one getting me an R1 copy of the ability.

Demonsblood is only really useful if you want to use retaliate in a fight you don't expect will last that long.

Moreover, there are only 9 characters presently capable of going to 6* samurai and the game has given out more than enough motes to unlock it on all of them. Even if you don't have the ones from five dooms you're fine.

I guess the real question is whether Samurai motes will ever come back again. Because if they don't, I'll never be able to create another copy of the ability.

LucaMac

Nah. That's just common sense. One copy is more than enough and a lot of those abilities are best shattered to be able to hone the better ones. I still haven't used Demonsblood in global or Japan yet and it's taking up space.

Nah. That's just common sense. One copy is more than enough and a lot of those abilities are best shattered to be able to hone the better ones. I still haven't used Demonsblood in global or Japan yet and it's taking up space.

That's the thing, I shattered both copies, lol. But if like you said it's still taking up space in JP, I guess I'm not too worried for now.

Balphon

Most of the 6* abilities from motes are fairly niche and not even close to essential.

Mug Bloodlust and Snowspell Strike are the only ones that are close to something you might want to use frequently and/or for difficult content.

Aegis Strike, Sky High, and Lifebane are all okay, but are awkward enough that you'll likely only want to use them in certain situations when you have a really powerful knight, dragoon, or monk, if at all.

Demonsblood and Stitch in Time are even more awkward and limited.

Penalty Snipe is bad.

Allegro con Moto is bad and unreleased.

Xetherion

I got Garland's Soulrender sword for my 100 gems! Not only is it my first 5* for the realm, it boosts dark damage which my Leon will love to go with his burst!

Rank 2 of the record sphere for the 6* abilities gives you a copy of the ability. You can theoretically make one for each character capable of going to 6*.

You get 30 motes from doing the D200. You only need 15 to create the ability. The other 15 you can either use to fully dive that sphere on one character, or you can put those 15 toward another copy of the ability with a different character, or you can use it to unlock the ability to use 6* Samurai on 3 other characters. So I dove Gilgamesh and Orlandeau to R2, each one getting me an R1 copy of the ability.

I guess the real question is whether Samurai motes will ever come back again. Because if they don't, I'll never be able to create another copy of the ability.

Oh I just fully ranked Orlandeu not even thinking of giving access to another character. Oh well, i may as well smash it for the crystals as I see little use of it.

Did an 11 pull and got Garland's Dark Plate, Wol's Blank Blade, and Master's Steel Gloves. Really happy about getting Master's BSB, and Wol's SSB looks cool too.

I want Sarah's BSB so much but I won't pull anymore for it now. It comes back on another good banner, so I'll be patient.

B.K.

I did the VII Lucky Draw since we're getting 45 free mythril in the next few weeks. I went 2/11. Organics and Yuffie's SSB. Both dupes.

Syntsui

JUST UNLOCKED MATOYA, MY FAVORITE FF CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!11!!1!!

I just love how this game has fan favorites characters like Matoya for us to play, I just can't imagine having a legit FF experience without Matoya, Matoya is so good. Matoya.

I did exactly the same thing with Snowspell Strike / Celes last time, until someone told me about this :)

I did the same with my Celes but I do not regret it really.

I just love how this game has fan favorites characters like Matoya for us to play, I just can't imagine having a legit FF experience without Matoya, Matoya is so good. Matoya.

But Matoya gives you the Jolt tonic so you can give it to the sleeping Elf prince and when he wakes up you get the mystic key! From there you can get things like dynamite to blast your way through a wall to get to Melmond! From there you fight a vampire, Lich, can get a Floating Stone early in the ice cave and then fight Marilith or just go directly to Crescent Lake and get the canoe to fight Marilith! There is MORE but none of this would be possible if Matoya did not give you that Jolt Tonic.

Just something to think about!

Syntsui

I did the same with my Celes but I do not regret it really.

But Matoya gives you the Jolt tonic so you can give it to the sleeping Elf prince and when he wakes up you get the mystic key! From there you can get things like dynamite to blast your way through a wall to get to Melmond! From there you fight a vampire, Lich, can get a Floating Stone early in the ice cave and then fight Marilith or just go directly to Crescent Lake and get the canoe to fight Marilith! There is MORE but none of this would be possible if Matoya did not give you that Jolt Tonic.

Just something to think about!

BEST FF CHARACTER OF ALL TIME.

I thought Orlandeau was your favorite @.@

On an unrelated note, mastered my first D250 torment tonight, brought a tear to my eye

Kain

Man, doing 250 torments seems like such a chore.... Maybe I try this one as once I figured up the optimal team it was an easy ride.

Isn't Matoya a character you basically meet for like 2 minutes in a cave and they tell you where to go?

The music sure gets repetitive for FF1 battles. It would have been nice for them to consider some of the arrangements they added for bosses in the PS1/GBA versions.

Top Bottom