• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 Official Trial Version Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Reishiki.jpg

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 TRIAL VERSION OFFICIAL THREAD

Official Site

SPECS
Size: 332MB
Firmware: 6.39 or above

Those who play the demo will be rewarded with "summer clothing" for the retail version of the game.

001.jpg

CONTROLS

ofxqF.jpg

GAME INFORMATION

Party System
Combat involves 3 party members, with the player controlling one active character supported by 2 AI characters. The active character can be swapped between the 3 members at any time by holding the L button and pressing the right directional button.

When a character is eliminated from battle, reinforcements can be called in as long as there are reverse party members. Holding the L button and pressing the up directional button will allow the player to select from available reserve units.

Lock-on System
Locking on to an enemy will focus attacks on the targeted enemy. While holding the R button, using the directional pad, the player can choose which enemies to lock on to. The left and right directional buttons will scroll between active enemies in combat, while the up directional button will select the nearest enemy, and the down directional button will select a defeated enemy.

Magic System
Offensive magic falls under 3 elemental catagories: Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder. While using offensive magic, holding the button down charges the spell, and releasing the button executes it. The longer the spell is charged, the more powerful it becomes when executed.

Aside from elemental differences, offensive spells are also divided into different combat types:
RF (Rifle) - Ranged attacks which fly towards the target.
SHG (Shotgun) - Closer range attacks which fire directly at the immediate area in front of the caster.
BOM (Bomb) - An area of effect blast with the caster as the center.
MIS (Missile) - A homing projectile which explodes on impact.
ROK (Rocket Launcher) - A manual aiming projectile which explodes on impact.

Summon System
By sacrificing the active character in combat, the player can bring the equipped Summon Creature into battle. When the Summon Creature is active, it can be controlled like any other character, with its own attacks. There is a time limit for the player to make the most of the Summon.

Fantoma System
When locked on to a defeated enemy, the target cursor will charge. When the cursor is done charging, pressing the circle button will recover Fantoma from the fallen enemy, which replenishes MP.

Kill/Break Sight
While in combat, sometimes a colored cursor will appear on the targeted enemy for very short period of time. This indicates an opening for a critical attack during the enemy's movement pattern. A yellow cursor indicates a chance for a Break attack, which deals heavy damage, while a red cursor indicates a chance for a Kill attack, which defeats the enemy in a single blow.

DOWNLOAD
Via the Official Site
PlayStation Store

pss.jpg

Takao

Banned
I'll have to wait for the official site since I can't even remember my nonsense J-PSN ID.

Dissonance said:
I want this so badly but I have no PSP. :'(

Don't worry, most of us with a PSP probably won't get to play the full game either.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Can someone give me a direct link to the site's download? It's not loading at all for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mattiewheels said:
Can someone give me a direct link to the site's download? It's not loading at all for me.

It's not up yet?

Takao

Banned
Foffy said:
Didn't Sony just update the firmware for PSP, too?

Yes, and they've literally added nothing but security. Like why even care anymore? People can run things on PSP without the need for CFW, or Hen or any of that stuff (thanks to the PS3).

Amir0x

Banned
i hope the impressions are good. it's the first interesting FF since FF12

i need fuel for my fire, so I can further torture myself with hand-wringing over its NA possibilities :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
xero273 said:
yep can't transfer on 6.39. you need latest fw update for psp to do transfer from ps3 to psp

There's a newer firmware than 6.39? o_O

Edit: Huh 6.60, shows how often I update my PSP. >_>

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Kagari said:
Read the OP, mang.
Got over-excited, lost the ability to read for a minute, ha.

Takao

Banned
lol I was making a J-PSN ID and I tried to use "Takaosucks" but someone already took that.

"Takaosmells" is now downloading the demo off of PSN.

Top Bottom