• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 Official Trial Version Thread

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This is a button masher and not turn based?

I think I'll give it a try since outside of VII no other normal FF games did anything for me! My JP account is dead so I gotta wait until the demos on the site huh?

xero273 said:
yep can't transfer on 6.39. you need latest fw update for psp to do transfer from ps3 to psp

So the latest PS3 firmware *does* have a new feature after all!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kagari said:
Can't pause cutscenes >< Hope that's fixed for the full version.
Pressing X during a cutscene and then cancelling the "skip cutscene" text out seems to be the alternative so far...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lindsay said:
This is a button masher and not turn based?

I think I'll give it a try since outside of VII no other normal FF games did anything for me!

It's always been an action RPG.

Luigi87

Transferring to PSP now.
...Along with some other Japanese PSP game demos I intended to grab but never did before...

Aeana

Kagari said:
It's always been an action RPG.
Weeelll... sorta. The battle system has definitely changed a lot over development, though. It used to be more in tune with its ATB roots, and old battle screenshots will show that. It was disappointing to me. :/

Synless

This was up yesterday!?!? Why wasn't I informed?

N/M it just went up, iPad says yesterday instead of time and I didn't realize it was midnight.

Cheska

Skilletor said:
Holy shit @ these graphics.

Seriously! I think this is one of the prettiest games I've played so far on the PSP.

How far is everyone? I think I'm doing sme sort of battle tutorial from the moogle.

SOLDIER

I use 635 PRO-B, and it says I need version 6.39 to play it. Is there a way around this? Does PRO-B have a 6.39 update?

Alright so here are the conclusions I've drawn so far:

- This game better fucking be localized

That is all. Alright more specifically, the graphics are really really great for PSP, and the gameplay is actually quite fun, pretty smooth. Considering I don't actually know Japanese and I've managed to make it this fun, it's probably even better when you fully know what you're doing.

Jeels

The graphics would lend themselves well to the Vita screen...

And this game would only benefit from a second analog stick.

Wish I knew what was going on but loving it. Poor chocobo. Interesting to see blood in a Final Fantasy game.

cj_iwakura

Is this better looking than 3rd Birthday? Because that game was stellar(looking, anyway), and this looks like T3B's engine.

Aeana

ivVeN.jpg

Yay. Got it going on CFW, after a nightmarish MediaGo experience. I'll see about getting some translations going with screenshots.

Pooya

cj_iwakura said:
Is this better looking than 3rd Birthday? Because that game was stellar(looking, anyway), and this looks like T3B's engine.
It's same I say, it feels very like that actually.
I just beat the demo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Downloaded straight from the PSP store. Just about the start playing....

Don

Really enjoying the combat.

Fighting that enemy that crawls up the side of buildings was pretty cool, then it keep attacking you once you enter one of the buildings.

Still not really sure how the AI teammates stuff is working. It seems like they just randomly jump in and out of battle.

Skilletor

This game is so sick.

The battle system is everything Crisis Core wished it was and more.

LOL @ Roller Skating Shiva.

I think it's shiva, anyway.

Nix

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUU-GO PS3 UPDATE GOOOOO!!!!!

Damn, I can't wait to try it out. Although, what happened to jump? I can't jump?

And why is triangle regular attack? I'm in bizzaro land aren't I.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The camera while controlling the summons is a bit annoying, however, when controlling normal characters it's fine.

Aeana

I love the aesthetic of the game. It's really great.

First impression of gameplay: they were not kidding about the camera. Yikes. Later on I'll try RemoteJoy and see if that makes it more tolerable. I'm sure it will, since I'll be able to bind it to the right stick.

DMPrice, just tap R.

SOLDIER

kiryogi

Banned
miladesn said:
It's same I say, it feels very like that actually.
I just beat the demo.
I was wondering this. I don't think ill be personally that wowed about the visuals. Don't get me wrong, T3B looks amazing. But im getting the impression that a lot of folks here didn't play T3B. Guess its more like its neat but not first time amazing kinda wow I'm seeing here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The camera is awful. Oh my. It would benefit from a right stick. Tapping R makes it a little better, but another stick would be great.

Sice feels great to use for me. Loving the battle system at the moment.

Famassu

Bwahhahhahhahhah, first mission results:

D (Time 15:03)
D (number of kills? 9)
E (number of deaths? 6)
D (overall?)

I suck at playing this game ;___;

Top Bottom