• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 Official Trial Version Thread

Dunan

Netto-kun said:
You can skip the firmware update if you download the demo from the official website or with Media Go.

You can skip 6.60 but I think you still have to be at 6.39 or above.

A bit earlier I was griping about that, but I might just go ahead and make the jump to 6.39 from 5.50 because this is the next UMD game I'll be buying
for the equivalent of ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS
and I really want to play it.

Astery

Shikoro said:
Can someone capture screenshots? I want to see what's so crisp and beautiful in this game since I can't see it on my own. :'(

here you go, if you want other areas I'll capture some later, the ice area seems to be the most impressive and others not so much, so I didn't bother.

201108101810_001.jpg

201108101820_001.jpg

201108101816_001.jpg

201108101815_002.jpg

201108101812_001.jpg

cut scene:
201108101811_001.jpg

world map:
201108101810_002.jpg

RpgN

The last mission is pretty difficult so far, everyone gets killed with one hit. Is it possible to finish it between levels 8-12?

The camera has some issues but I'm really enjoying the game and having a blast. The characters are fun to control and are quite different from each other, the presentation is top notch of course and I'm just glad to see it being all ambitous. Also that it gets me nostalgic with the crystal and victory theme whenever you level up.

I've noticed Ace and King are the easiest to use. Ace feels a bit too powerful compared to the rest but that's maybe because some of these missions work well for ranged characters, and he's very weak when he gets hit.

The game has some slowdowns when there are too many enemies on screen, it happened once or twice. I'm not sure if others noticed it as well? The 3 Robots in particular.

Okay, I'm definitely hope that there's a Vita version now because a second analogue stick would aliviate my 2 biggest problems, general camera control and switching between lock on targets.

1 mission done I'm liking the combat so far, definitely feels like biding your time and attacking at the best moments will get you farther than mashing away. So far I've tried Rem, Nine and Machina. Probably liked Nine the most out of them, even though he felt the least 'standard'.

Astery

RpgN said:
The last mission is pretty difficult so far, everyone gets killed with one hit. Is it possible to finish it between levels 8-12?
sure, I don't notice much difference when I'm lv 15 in that mission anyway, you get killed within 2 hits max by the big mechs, most are still 1 hit kills. lure and take out the smaller mechs first and then clear some of the big mechs 1 by 1.

Dunan

Astery, were you playing online with other people? Who are Sayako Hirata and Hitomi Watanabe, the names in your fourth screenshot?

(They sound just suspiciously generic enough that they could be "fake" multiplayer partners.)

Aeana

Dunan said:
Astery, were you playing online with other people? Who are Sayako Hirata and Hitomi Watanabe, the names in your fourth screenshot?

(They sound just suspiciously generic enough that they could be "fake" multiplayer partners.)
They are. The game has simulated multiplayer where AI people come in to join you instead of real players.

Am I out of luck with my PSP running CFW? I think I have 6.xx release but I haven't played my PSP in ages. Would really like to check out this demo.

Netto-kun said:
You can skip the firmware update if you download the demo from the official website or with Media Go.

Oh... thanks lol. Forgot about the direct download from the website and was too lazy to search for my JP login data for Media Go... I have two 5 year olds running around here :D Thanks again, I'm downloading it now.

mikespit1200 said:
Am I out of luck with my PSP running CFW? I think I have 6.xx release but I haven't played my PSP in ages. Would really like to check out this demo.

If you're running 6.39 CFW you're good to go. I updated from 6.35 PRO-B4 to 6.39 PRO-B8 just for this demo.

Zafir

mikespit1200 said:
There's a patched version on the net. I'm just downloading it myself since I'm still on 5.00M3-6.

What cfw are you on?

Zafir said:
There's a patched version on the net. I'm just downloading it myself since I'm still on 5.00M3-6.

What cfw are you on?

I honestly don't remember. I think it's 6.xx but it very well could still be an M-33 release. I want to say it has PRO in the title, though. I'll look at it once I get home. I'll have to look around for the patched version.

Astery

Dunan said:

Aeana said:
They are. The game has simulated multiplayer where AI people come in to join you instead of real players.

yea they are just bots. They are referred as 'support by the school' when choosing the playing mode lol. You can choose not to have the bots if you don't like them kill stealing and runing the minor quests. I wonder how can I play with others tho, given that ad-hoc mode is greyed out even if i turn my WLAN switch on, and I have a psp 2000. May be it's disabled for the demo I'm not sure.

Labadal

I finally got to play the demo. I completely understand the camera complaints, but I felt like I got used to it after the first mission. Could use some improvements for the full version, but it won't kill my enthusiasm for the game. I have enjoyed PSP games with similar camera problems. Graphics and design are great and I love the music. too bad i don't understand a word in the game. (still managing to continue forward.) I am skipping all cutscenes, because I want to save them for the final release. This getting a PSVita release would probably make this as good as it gets, because of another analog stick.

Don

The fourth mission is pretty hard. I think my whole party got wiped out without killing a single enemy.

I went back and played the first mission again with Ace and turned off the fake multiplayer stuff and found it much better. Being able to instantly switch between the 3 active party members is great, and this time I managed to get through without anyone dying and got a B ranking overall.

The Phantoma system seems pretty cool although I wish that dead enemies wouldn't disappear so quickly because I usually end up missing a few. I also started purchasing a bunch of abilities but have no idea what any of them do yet.

Well that was a demo or something. Didn't really understand what was going on and camera kind of sucked. Combat was kind of boring though. Just feel pretty meh all around. Maybe in English it will be better. I guess the game looks good, characters look and sound annoying though.

xxczx

Anyone worried about playing this on CFW, it's fully playable on 6.20/6.35 PRO.
Why people updated? Dunno.

Anyway, demos good, get localizing it Square Enix ):

Heh totally forgot about this. Gotta DL this tonight.

Not too worried about costume unlocks though as I won't be playing this unless it gets localized for the US, which I guess means never.

Jeels

I wish there were artwork for all the summer outfits and not just the two...

Edit: Going through this, I'm surprised at how meaty this demo is. It's somewhat non linear as well, usually a demo is just focused on a single area.

Aeana

Mailenstein said:
What about peeps running on CFW? Any news on that?
It works fine on 6.39 CFWs if you download it from the website or use MediaGo. You just can't transfer from a PS3. For lower versions, there's supposedly some way to get it working on those too, but I've just been playing it on 6.39 PRO-B8 with a MediaGo installed version.

Skilletor

Mailenstein said:
What about peeps running on CFW? Any news on that?

I'm on 6.39 ProB8. Working fine.

I am kind of pissed that I, apparently, won't be able to just transfer BoF4 to my psp when I purchase it next week. :(

Minor inconvenience. I'm sure there will be a new CFW soon, haha.

Zafir

Aeana said:
It works fine on 6.39 CFWs if you download it from the website or use MediaGo. You just can't transfer from a PS3. For lower versions, there's supposedly some way to get it working on those too, but I've just been playing it on 6.39 PRO-B8 with a MediaGo installed version.
Apparently it works on certain other 6.00 cfws without a patch too. However for anything else, there's a patched version out. You can either google it for an already patched version or try doing it yourself with the yoshiro decrypter.

Aeana said:
Skilletor said:

I am kind of pissed that I, apparently, won't be able to just transfer BoF4 to my psp when I purchase it next week. :(

Thank you for the quick reply, guys. I'm on 5.50 Prome-4, so I guess patching the EBOOT will do it.

Btw, would you recommend updating from Prome-4 to 6.39 ProB8? I'm asking especially because of popsloader PSX related stuff. Thanks!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
One thing I did like about the game was how you snatch things from bodies by lifting them up, and then crushing them. Something about that was very satisfying.

Aeana

Skilletor said:

I think you should be able to transfer it with MediaGo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aeana said:

I'm not surprised. BB:CS2 comes with a warning about PSP-1000's dropping frames in adhoc mode compared to 2000/3000's.

Also the game is pretty and seems the graphics are better than PE3 to me. But it has a FAR WORSE camera for me. Probably because I can't read Japanese and get into the nitty-gritty of the system, but dodge enemy attacks and then suddenly the enemy is off camera and you have to fumble with the camera while hoping to dodge attacks to stay alive.

Got to the first boss in the story mode, and because I can't read Japanese to know what's going on I got stuck there due to the boss leaving the play area to spam bullets at me with no way other than using the Gaia GF to throw bullets at him but lose my character in the process. :/

won't be able to just transfer BoF4 to my psp when I purchase it next week. :(

Buy on MediaGo. Use ZingaBurga's POPstation to remove drm. ???? PROFIT!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Okay, so basically, you only get Fantoma of a specific color when you kill something aligned to that color, but if you're facing more than 2 things, it's not worth it, because bodies disappear while you're fighting?

That is the single dumbest idea I've ever heard for an RPG. it makes farming fantoma infinitely more frustrating.

Aeana

TheSeks said:
I'm not surprised. BB:CS2 comes with a warning about PSP-1000's dropping frames in adhoc mode compared to 2000/3000's.

Also the game is pretty and seems the graphics are better than PE3 to me. But it has a FAR WORSE camera for me. Probably because I can't read Japanese and get into the nitty-gritty of the system, but dodge enemy attacks and then suddenly the enemy is off camera and you have to fumble with the camera while hoping to dodge attacks to stay alive.

Got to the first boss in the story mode, and because I can't read Japanese to know what's going on I got stuck there due to the boss leaving the play area to spam bullets at me with no way other than using the Gaia GF to throw bullets at him but lose my character in the process. :/

Buy on MediaGo. Use ZingaBurga's POPstation to remove drm. ???? PROFIT!
There's a door in one of the buildings you're supposed to go through.

Skilletor

Aeana said:
I think you should be able to transfer it with MediaGo.

Yeah, it's just a minor annoyance. I purchase legit stuff and I'm being punished because of others.

And MediaGo is annoying. It's tied to my account, right? So when I purchase on MediaGo, I can DL it to my ps3 as well? I constantly play back and forth.

Andrew.

Banned
Figure this is the right place to ask. I just fired up FFX again after a stint of about 7 years....can anyone please tell me the best spots to grind out my characters. right now im at the high road....i can kinda grind here but its not fun. any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

thetrin

Aconn1283 said:
Figure this is the right place to ask. I just fired up FFX again after a stint of about 7 years....can anyone please tell me the best spots to grind out my characters. right now im at the high road....i can kinda grind here but its not fun. any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
This...is actually not a good place to ask.

Aeana

Skilletor said:
Yeah, it's just a minor annoyance. I purchase legit stuff and I'm being punished because of others.

And MediaGo is annoying. It's tied to my account, right? So when I purchase on MediaGo, I can DL it to my ps3 as well? I constantly play back and forth.
Yes. You could just purchase it on your PS3, then download it via MediaGo after you log into your PSN account on it.

Astery

thetrin said:
Okay, so basically, you only get Fantoma of a specific color when you kill something aligned to that color, but if you're facing more than 2 things, it's not worth it, because bodies disappear while you're fighting?

That is the single dumbest idea I've ever heard for an RPG. it makes farming fantoma infinitely more frustrating.

you can target a corpse by switching targets with up/ down on the d-pad instead of left/ right. But yeah they still disappear too fast, and hard to do when you're in a tight spot.

The more I play with different characters the more i hate the god damn camera. I prefer it like monster hunter than this as I'm constantly fighting it until I get killed by a missile that I was trying to dodge, and the auto camera correction just led me right into it instead.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
One more clarification about the costumes:
エイトの夏服:
1. In mission 2, only kill the leader mecha in the last section of the mission.
2. grab the keys from the surrendered mechs
3. open the door close by.
It's the end of mission 3, not 2.

Yeah, only the NPC one from 4 and the one for clearing mission 4 left!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ah, finished the demo at last and got all the costumes.
Man, that 4th mission was broken beyond belief - because of the mist, trees and the terrible camera I didn't know what was killing me 90% of the time.
The easiest way to clear it is to get rid of the 2 small mecha first, take on the 3 big ones next and take care of the soldiers last (keep the distance, their melee attack is deadly). This way I was able to do it with King only without dying.
Oh, using a full party will only get the other 2 killed so I strongly advise you to go solo on this one and switch members only after dying.

Kagari, how about putting the Astery's costume guide in the OP?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Kyon said:
I switched off online in config and the Guests keep showing up wth
Select the bottom option before the mission, it asks you if you want to play with "other people".

@RPGCrazied
Nope.

Top Bottom