• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 Official Trial Version Thread

Teknoman said:
About to finish downloading...but so far it seems like the game would work better as a PSP remaster/Vita title? I guess this is why DS/3DS titles usually rely on predetermined angles or use the touch screen for camera control.

Honestly if the camera works similar to Monster Hunter, wont be a problem for me.

Never played MH, but I do still have the JP demo of Gods Eater Burst on my PSP. A tiny bit more challenging to control, but I got used to it in less then 5 minutes.

Takao

Banned
Aeana said:
I'm finding the combat more enjoyable as Rem than any of the others. For some reason doing the break sight thing with her is easiest for me.

I'd probably dig playing as Scythe if the camera didn't work against me (playing on a Go).

Teknoman said:
Honestly if the camera works similar to Monster Hunter, wont be a problem for me.

The camera feels a lot more tighter here than in Monster Hunter, like jittery tight.

duckroll said:
No, that's not accurate. BbS has two different settings. The 32-bit color mode does not drain more battery, but it could cause framerate drops and slowdown when there's too much going on. To offset that, there is a different setting which runs the game at 333mhz instead of 222mhz, that drains the battery faster but allows for a smoother experience when playing.
Ah, I got the two options confused. Shows how tired I am. :p

Aeana

I finished the demo finally. I got the costumes, also.
My impressions largely echo duckroll's, with the exception that I find the phantoma system somewhat addictive and know I will enjoy it in the final game, as well as the instant kill system. Also, after actually playing, and looking through the crystarium, I'm reconsidering my previous stance on it. I guess we'll find out when the final game is released.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Teknoman said:
Btw as far as RPG demos go, I think Arc the Lad Twilight of the spirits and Dragon Quest VIII had pretty good demos.
Final Fantasy VII and VIII demos were epic moments in space-time, IMO.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
I'm finding the combat more enjoyable as Rem than any of the others. For some reason doing the break sight thing with her is easiest for me.
I'll try Rem out next then.

I had lots of fun with Sice and King in training missions, but I didn't try either out in a story mission yet.

I used Queen in a story mission and I didn't like it too much. Machina was alright; he seemed the easiest to use for me.

Kyon

Banned
DeliciousDoc said:
I'm enjoying the demo from what I've played so far. The training mission allows you to collect fantoma and you can level up in it. The color of fantoma you get is based on what kind of magic you used on the enemy to kill it. Melee attacks only gives you white which seems useless. There is a quest to hand in 10 red fantoma, you get a costume for it. So far I have 3 costumes.

Anyone who wants to discuss the game instead of taking a dump on it can add me on psn. deliciousdoc
added you

...I honestly don't know what the fuck I'm doing right now, or where the hell I am. Just got attacked by some giant robot.

Is there a way to revive K.O.'d members?

Luigi87

Gettin' my ass kicked by a giant robot... spider? I dunno what it is, but I am sucking. My inability to comprehend Japanese doesn't help either.
Edit: nvm, I see what I had to do.

I am resenting Square for the no present NA plans.

jae

The camera doesn't feel any different from the Odaiba demo, so I don't think it was tweaked much, if at all. It is the big negative the game has right now.

My third time through the first mission and I still don't feel like I have any grasp on what I am doing. I did manage to clear it this time, so I guess I am getting better.

My hype level is down a little bit, but not enough to not have me there on day 1.

Ratrat

You guys weren't lying about the camera. :(
Its terrible, its hardly manageable, unlike monster hunter. The graphics are good but not significantly better than SE's other titles. The combat is like dynasty warriors or something. I skipped all the cutscenes.

from the first few minutes of play, the graphics is amazing and the battle system is quite well done on for a portable. this should have been FF 13 system and the monster spawning in real time is quite nice. I hope the western release comes to vita! it would be a real bonus for waiting over 3 years for this game to shine!

duckroll

Jigsaw said:
stupid question but where to start story missions?i've only the the tutorial in the woods

When you talk to that moogle, the first option is the tutorial, the second option is the first story mission.

daffy

Banned
the third mission is too hard. I keep having to summon and the camera is throwing its hands at me.. Too many mecha mecha. Oh well.

Gotta stop now; have to charge my PSP-200 via USB as I don't have my charger.

Finished playing the demo with Rem. Was a bit wary due to my less then stellar performance with her in the tutorial. but now that I'm used to the controls now, I found she controlled rather nicely; I didn't even die as her before shitting the demo of.

Aeana

Going through from the beginning a second time. I managed to beat the behemoth without even taking any damage this time around. Exploiting the break sight system has really improved things for me.

Takao

Banned
I'm finding that playing as King I can work the camera more to my favour. Slowly getting used to this, and starting to enjoy it.

Despera

Banned
This is something I rarely complain about, but the camera is driving me nuts. WTF!

I dig what I've tried of the battle system though, and the visuals are great. Although this game clearly needs to be ported to the Vita to escape the shit resolution cage it's in right now. It could also benefit from the second nub since the d-pad for camera control is frustrating as fuck.

Edit: Oh, that timing based battle mechanic is called Break Sight? I think it's the reason I enjoyed the combat in the demo.

The Break Sight mechanic reminds me a bit of Fatal Strikes from Tales of Vesperia.

So far, I'm managing okay with Rem and Queen. Haven't tried any of the others yet.

Aeana

This is a really full-featured demo. I'm honestly surprised that it lets you spend AP, change out abilities, and use the crystarium and stuff. Usually that sort of thing is locked down in demos.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright finally downloaded it and got it on my PSP. Meant to dl it before I went to dinner but ran out of time. Let's see how it is!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Aeana said:
This is a really full-featured demo. I'm honestly surprised that it lets you spend AP, change out abilities, and use the crystarium and stuff. Usually that sort of thing is locked down in demos.
Final Fantasy demos are usually like that if I recall correctly, allowing you to fully use the game system.

Aeana

Keiician said:
Final Fantasy demos are usually like that if I recall correctly, allowing you to fully use the game system.
Certainly not. You usually can't even get into the camp menu.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Aeana said:
Certainly not. You usually can't even get into the camp menu.
I remember FFVII/VIII demos letting you modify materia/magic and stuff like that. Well, it was a long time ago so I may not recall it correctly.

kiryogi

Banned
Camera isnt that bad honestly. The lockon is ass, it should be a constant focused lock. But if you're versed in clawing with the dpad, no real issues at all. IE: PSP and Monster Hunter

Dunan

Unknown Soldier said:
Upgrade your PSP to a 6.xx CFW. There's no reason to use a 5.xx series firmware anymore anyways. Type-O demo requires 6.39+ from what I've heard, so you can upgrade to stock 6.39 and use a CFW of 6.39. I like 6.39 PRO-B8, some people prefer 6.39 ME-8/LME-8.

I'm on 5.50GENp-D3 with a PSP-2000 model and have always ripped my newer games to ISO and then patched those. (The UMD reader is now so erratic that I do this for every single game.)

SE seems to want us to put it in PSP/GAME and not convert it into an ISO. Has anyone gone the ISO route instead? I'd rather not faff around with upgrading FW, particularly while I'm in the middle of playing VC3 just fine on the FW I've got.

Cheska

Going through the ice mission with King was a blast. I certainly see myself enjoying the game more with him, especially since the camera problems arent as bad whenever you're shooting an enemy with him.

duckroll

Cheska said:
Going through the ice mission with King was a blast. I certainly see myself enjoying the game more with him, especially since the camera problems arent as bad whenever you're shooting an enemy with him.

Yeah I just ran through the second mission with Ace and King, and it was MUCH more enjoyable than the first mission. The more open area with a straight path instead of the narrow interiors of the first mission made it quite fun to play as a full range character. The cutscene at the end of the mission was pretty interesting...

I completed the SO Mission at the end of mission 2 too. :D

Nine is fucking awesome. I'm getting used to the battle system and I'm starting to love it. you can't just button mash through the game, rather wait for the right moment and attack, it's really good.

please english localization. and port it to Vita.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Beat the demo. Got my superior summer uniform.

Rem is wonderful. I decided to take Machina and King with me to see if I liked them the most, and I really do. I'm enjoying it a little more now. The camera complaints still stand, however.

I'm okay with it now, though. I'll probably spend more time with it tomorrow and see if my opinion improves even more. I'm liking it a little more than before, especially since I've gotten more used to Kill/Break Sight with my three preferred characters.

King kicks so much ass to boot. Love him.

Aeana said:
Did they say whether your progress in the demo will transfer over to the full game or not? I haven't been keeping up.

Aeana

The SO mission system is actually a really cool risk/reward setup. Though I do think failing is pretty harsh.

Kaizer

Banned
Why do random people keep appearing in my game? I'm playing the first mission using Machina and had Sice & Ace with me, next thing I know they're gone lol. Even do I don't understand a lick of japanese, I'm really enjoying this demo and I haven't had any camera problems so far but maybe I haven't got to the area where it starts becoming troublesome.

Aeana

Kaizer said:
Why do random people keep appearing in my game? I'm playing the first mission using Machina and had Sice & Ace with me, next thing I know they're gone lol. Even do I don't understand a lick of japanese, I'm really enjoying this demo and I haven't had any camera problems so far but maybe I haven't got to the area where it starts becoming troublesome.
You have the simulated multiplayer system on. You can turn it off when you start a mission, or in the config.

Cheska

Dude what the hell is up with that third mission with the mechs? Am I missing something or is it ridiculously hard?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Dark Schala said:
Did they say whether your progress in the demo will transfer over to the full game or not? I haven't been keeping up.
When you save the game it says that you won't be able to use that save file in the full version, but you can transfer the summer costumes.

Top Bottom