• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Demo Update "Dawn of a New Era" launches tomorrow at 7AM EST / 4AM PST / 1pm CET

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Do you need to download the demo again?

I'll just boot it up again to check how much they changed the visuals on performance mode.

Last edited:

saintjules

I'll just boot it up again to check how much they changed the visuals on performance mode.

It seems like you would since they mention that this is an update. And I guess that's why the initial isntall was over 40GB in size.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
is there a reward for beating this as well?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where is this junon area?

Is the plains areas?
gTaQCFL.png

This how you generate interest and excitement for a game by releasing a demo followed by extra content a week before the game's release. Personally, I loved FFVII Remake and absolutely cannot wait to play the final game next Friday but more demo content will do me very nicely in the meantime.

Fbh

Probably won't play through the new content but I think they said this update would also include improvements to the image quality in performance mode, so at very least I'll check that one out.
Hopefully it now looks like the 1440p it's running at instead of a blurry mess.

Zuzu

I just downloaded the update. I think it's about 1.6Gbs. It doesn't need to download the whole thing again.

Do people really need two demos for a game that was releasing in less than a month. Game was sold long time ago, no need to waste budget in two demos. I hope by 2030 the entire story is finished so I can finally fucking play it

Traxtech

Performance mode looks significantly less blurry for me.

EDIT: Blurry as shit after a console restart, very weird

Last edited:

keefged4

All they have done is remove the bilinear filter, now it looks significantly worse because its presenting raw pixels, still at a very low resolution. Graphics mode is the way to go unfortunately.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

4k/30fps it is.

Always preferfered a sharp IQ > 60 frames for games in which I want to appreciate the art direction. At least the 30fps appears to be rock solid going by the tech analysis.

Last edited:

Diva

Neo Member
All they have done is remove the bilinear filter, now it looks significantly worse because its presenting raw pixels, still at a very low resolution. Graphics mode is the way to go unfortunately.
Yeah, seems very much like it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Seen some saying the difficulty is quite high in the Junon demo, or at least the game seems harder than part 1?

saintjules

I didn't notice much of the blurriness in the first demo, but I'm certainly noticing it now.

Not necessarily a deal breaker for me since it's a demo, but I wonder what's going on here.

Fbh

Any comparison pics.
Shouldn't it look sharper since it was supposedly running at native 1440p?

Top Bottom