• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osthyvel

This is just aaaamaaazing! Looking forward to buy the third part, then rebuying the obvious complete edt for Ps6.

Luipadre

Played 2 hours, didnt skip the beginning altho i played the demo. Loving it so far. Looks and plays great in graphics mode.

Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Driving Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

GsL9dPN.jpg

VCcKcN0.jpg

Btw, standard case is reversible, it's a plain black logo (the same like the back of the steelbook above)

Krathoon

I don't get why they still give you a standard case while you have a steelbook. That is a waste of cases.

They always do that.

shubik

Does anybody else have trouble switching the language of the game? I found the option ist the game but even if I pick English or any other language it is stuck to German by default. Very annoying as the German dub is not good

ga9oLFb.png

Just got this chunky boy with the extra steelbook from best buy!
I really wish I had gotten in time for the extra steel book. Alas.. too late.

On that note, Best Buy did deliver today. Just wish I had way more realistic updates before now and I would have waited. But "shipping by Thursday" just isn't compelling enough. I wasn't impressed with their packaging of a flimsy bubble envelope but it worked well enough and seems to be in good order so it's all good.

K5sLtWS.jpg

Krathoon

Ha. Walmart got the game to me first!

They really need to work on the quality of the steelbooks. Mine has some scratches on it from the assembly line.

I am going to have to touch it up with a grey marker.

Here are some markers if you need to touch up your steelbook.

Last edited:

Krathoon

If you want your games on time, order from Walmart or Best Buy.

They are the most reliable.

I had to free up space on the PS5 for the game. Blasted away some demos and Horizon Zero Dawn. I got that on PC now, so no need to have it on there.

Nonehxc

It's so good seeing lots of fine people being giddy and happy for a FF game again. 😊

Meanwhile, I'm happy for you but also stewing in my own sauces because my copy hasn't updated since yesterday 23:00, the carrier used IS THE FUCKING WORST (SEUR) and I'm already imagining the motherfuckers will deliver( if they do) on Monday...and I've also read reports of people ordering from the same shop moment pre-orders came online long ago that their copies came without the Steelbook. 😑

stickkidsam

Played for about 4 hours so far.

Without going into detail there is a lot to love here.
-The characters are refreshing to see together (Tifa and Aerith are adorable).
-Minu games can be goofy fun.
-The combat is solid as ever and the world is beautiful.
-A lot of great renditions of the original music that give me goosebumps too. One particularly felt so chill it was like a wave of holy nostalgia for my tired ass xD

It’s mainly the story I’m having some gripes with. The execution of some things just feels off or forced. Particularly some character interactions. Many of the new faces I’m not sold on yet either (yeah sorry Chadmeister). I also can’t help but wonder why almost every random NPC feels like they were just plopped from our world into this one. The clothes and their style just feel off. It’s like I’m walking through a FFVII Disneyworld rather than FFVII itself.

Still, I’m having a good time. Ain’t no gettin off this train we’re on now!

jorgejjvr

To make sure i get this correctly

The very beginning is some point in the future/flash forward (i guess we get there later in the game) then we go back to present day, where cloud and team are telling the story of the past (5 years ago). Did I get that right?

Also, i prob missed out a lot by not playing intergrade and crisis core huh? Any good videos that recap those?

Dont know anything other in crisis core other than I thought things didnt go well for Zack.....but hes fine? Interesting....

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Does anybody else have trouble switching the language of the game? I found the option ist the game but even if I pick English or any other language it is stuck to German by default. Very annoying as the German dub is not good

I think it states in the menu that you'll have to reset the game for language changes to apply.

Paltheos

Not sure I've said this before on GAF, but I am probably waiting for the entire remake to be released before jumping in. Persona-style rereleases like FF7R Intergrade have only cemented my position. I'm only going through it once so I'll wait for the whole package.

Everyone who's diving in now, enjoy.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm enjoying this so far. Kalm was amazing and running around the world is great... but I got some gripes.

They made some changes to the Nibelheim massacre to make it make better sense logistically, or make it more dramatic. It just ended up being stupid. Having Cloud get knocked out in the basement made sense. I just played that sequence the other day for fun and it was weird how Seph leaves the basement to go kill everyone and Cloud follows right behind him, yet the moment you get outside everyone's already dead. However, having him get injured was annoying. The slow mobility sucked. Then the crawl. Everyone is standing around Seph with guns drawn but they don't fire for a few minutes? Weird.

Also, they didn't include any quotes from Sephiroth about how he views non-Ancients as traitors. Instead, he just talks about how he's Jenova's son. I always felt the "traitor" talk was a key component of his flip. By othering non-Ancients, it allowed him to commit murders

The new Grasslands theme cuts out RIGHT before the main theme gets to my favorite part. I was PISSED.

Krathoon

Well, my game install screwed up. Trying again.

It was saying it was going to take an absurd amount of time to install.

I think something went wrong with the patch because it seems like it is patching as it is installing.

They probably overloaded the servers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Are there any general gameplay benefits for playing Queen's Blood (like Triple Triad in FF8) ?

If not, I'd just skip it like Gwent.

Top Bottom