• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is easy. Haven’t felt the need to use a single summon on any encounter aside from a handful of optional ones for doing side content. Every main narrative boss up though 13 so far has been very easy and one attempt fights.

The Chocobo just helps do side content faster and reach places for side content you couldn’t reach without it.

The Date does not matter.

Iirc, you have to two one minigame as cloud and two mini games total as the girls. Shouldn’t take more than 5 min.
It’s quite difficult on normal. I wouldnt call that easy. I dont want to be sweating in normal game on normal

SkylineRKR

I'd say its easier than Remake but i went in with Remake knowledge. So i ofcourse used good setups right away and i know how to utilize Tifa etc. Rebirth adds synergy which makes you even more powerful, which from junon onward became part of my approach.

There are some spikes but yet again mostly caused by forcing different parties upon you. I never like these things in RPG. And the switching of loadouts.

However, its wise to just learn all characters.

Alright, I've been pulled away by Unicorn Overlord these past two weeks but I'm back in the mix, Cosmo Canyon 100% done (fantastic region) and now on ch. 11. Game continues to amaze and delight almost 80 hours in, whatever criticisms I have pale in comparison to the grandeur of the whole, it is something special, will be hard to beat as my GOTY (Unicorn Overlord is a close second though!), let's see if my opinion changes upon a completion.

Golden Saucer is another great example of a part of the game you hear people bitch about in here and then I get there, and it's pure joy and wonderful, and hilarious and great?

Yea, real Ubisoft vibes from that part of the game... I guess people were just complaining about the horror of running around Fantasy Land Space Vegas for 20 minutes during a break in the story. Not sure how people got through that. Really challenges your mettle as a gamer.

SkylineRKR

Golden Saucer is another great example of a part of the game you hear people bitch about in here and then I get there, and it's pure joy and wonderful, and hilarious and great?

Yea, real Ubisoft vibes from that part of the game... I guess people were just complaining about the horror of running around Fantasy Land Space Vegas for 20 minutes during a break in the story. Not sure how people got through that. Really challenges your mettle as a gamer.
Remember the theme park in FFXIII? Awesome wasn't it? No downtime and nothing to do in a game without downtime and nothing to do.

Gold Saucer is fine. Its rather faithful too in that its important to the story a few times and most of it is optional.

Personally i love the chocobo races, the speed square and the G Bike. I just don't like the 3D battles because they could have been more simple with controls.

Madflavor

Bought a couple tickets to see this:

Going to the Boston show next March, which I think is their last show.

Go_Ly_Dow

Was just thinking how crazy it is again they developed and shipped this all in less than 4 years from Remake, when you have trash like Suicide Squad was reportedly in development for 9 years and released in such an awful state and then also Skull and Bones from Ubisoft fecking 11 years.....

Not only that but a full 2 years of Rebirth's development was during the worst of pandemic, lockdowns, wfh etc...

So all things considered it's very impressive what they've achieved.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Was just thinking how crazy it is again they developed and shipped this all in less than 4 years from Remake, when you have trash like Suicide Squad was reportedly in development for 9 years and released in such an awful state and then also Skull and Bones from Ubisoft fecking 11 years.....

Not only that but a full 2 years of Rebirth's development was during the worst of pandemic, lockdowns, wfh etc...

So all things considered it's very impressive what they've achieved.
And other than the lackluster performance mode, its really fucking polished too

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I stopped playing this game because Unicorn Overlord addiction got me but I close finishing the game and once I do I can finally get back to this game.

Doomtrain

I don't get your complaints with the game honestly. I clocked in 200 hours so far and I don't feel like the game is lacking. If the minigames are your issue, all you have to do is skip them? If all you want to do is follow the story and kill shit, there is plenty of that to do. If you want to exclusively just kill shit, the challenge is absolutely there even if you play on journalist level for the endgame challenges.
I think a lot of this comes down to how much an individual enjoys the minigames. If they're your jam, then this game is going to be a gift that keeps on giving. Personally, the original FFVII was already at or above my threshold, and Rebirth leans exponentially harder into that.

To some degree, I can appreciate minigames as a breather from the action or as an excuse to hang out with the characters in a more relaxed setting. One of my biggest issues with Rebirth is that it leans so far into this that I constantly felt like the ratio was inverted: like I was playing minigames (or doing things that aren't QUITE minigames, but also aren't core gameplay, like the Shinra Manor stuff) more than I was engaging with the core gameplay systems. Every time I was just starting to get into a groove, the game would pull me out of it to focus on something unrelated. Some of that stuff is skippable, but plenty of it isn't (or, in fairness, if it was, I didn't notice the option).

In the original game, the Gold Saucer was a fun one-off break from the seriousness of the main story. Rebirth wants EVERYTHING to be a Gold Saucer, and I very quickly got fatigued by it.

Just as importantly, I don't agree with the argument that you can just skip all the side content and then boom, the problem is solved. I elaborated on this much more in a previous post, but I view side content as a very important part of the RPG gameplay loop. In a good RPG, you're going to find optional dungeons, optional bosses, sometimes even optional towns or characters. These are all things that utilize and tie directly into the core gameplay loop, and discovering them is a huge part of what I love about the genre. In Rebirth, the side content skews very, very heavily towards minigames or open-world checklist activities like the Ubisoft towers. If that's what you're into, then I'm genuinely happy for you, but it didn't do anything for me. Ultimately, the lack of side content I enjoyed made the game feel much hollower than many past games in the series.

Chapter 13 just finished Gil
-gamesh island. Those battles with 2 summons at once were totally nuts!!! Especially Odin and Alexander together, that one took a while. Luckily I realised you can abuse items unlike VR summon battles.

I can't believe Gilgamesh actually says "It's morphin' time!!!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Seeing a ton of you say slow and bloated, and all i can think of is you all have ADHD.

Sit down, enjoy the heart, soul, and charm of every single region in this game.

I guess this is the internet generation, it's like people who can't just lie i the sun or watch the ocean waves crash against the shore. It's not a chore when it's beautiful and symbolic and meaningful and world building.
The game has disastrous world building and character writing that falls to bits under the slightest scrutiny, and repetitive swallow-the-spider-to-catch-the-fly game design full of inconsequential errands that neither advance the plot nor enrich the world. It's the original game stretched out to breaking point and filled with endless diversions that don't go anywhere or mean anything. It is unimaginative tedious shite wrapped in high production values and the skin of a much-loved legacy IP, with absolutely nothing of value to add to either. It is, quite frankly, dire - and as for short attention spans, this thing has already 40 hours of my life... it's not attention deficit, it's informed critique.

Brock2621

Bought a couple tickets to see this:

Going to the Boston show next March, which I think is their last show.
Bought tickets for Ohio for wife and I in Jan! The Remake concert I went to gave me chills and was so cool to see like half the audience dressed up

Brock2621

The game has disastrous world building and character writing that falls to bits under the slightest scrutiny, and repetitive swallow-the-spider-to-catch-the-fly game design full of inconsequential errands that neither advance the plot nor enrich the world. It's the original game stretched out to breaking point and filled with endless diversions that don't go anywhere or mean anything. It is unimaginative tedious shite wrapped in high production values and the skin of a much-loved legacy IP, with absolutely nothing of value to add to either. It is, quite frankly, dire - and as for short attention spans, this thing has already 40 hours of my life... it's not attention deficit, it's informed critique.
That’s… quite a take sir.

Doomtrain

FFVII was one of the most influential games ever made and a seminal moment in many people's childhood. You move one spike of Cloud's hair out of place and they can't deal with it. Square has taken a lot more liberties than that so people are gonna over react a lot
Characterizing genuine complaints about the game as “people just can’t deal with change” is pretty reductive.

The whole Barrett / Dyne part was just nonsense. I think we maybe needed some sort of explanation of how he went to falling off a 500 foot cliff presumably to his death, to being some batshit crazy lunatic killer or something also with a gun arm. And everyone hates Barrett cause he thought the Mako reactor was a good idea, but they all voted and decided on it together?

The whole Barrett / Dyne part was just nonsense. I think we maybe needed some sort of explanation of how he went to falling off a 500 foot cliff presumably to his death, to being some batshit crazy lunatic killer or something also with a gun arm. And everyone hates Barrett cause he thought the Mako reactor was a good idea, but they all voted and decided on it together?
There's much dumber stuff than that coming. Brace for impact or try to enjoy the characters interacting and playing off each other part of the story and forget about the serious dramatic narrative part cause it's gonna get pretty ridiculous

Last edited:

Power Pro

I was expecting some heated battle of Queen's Blood when
Red XIII showed up dressed as a human doing the moonwalk lol, but I kicked his ass 47-0

Psychostar

It's just dumb game design which would've been easy to fix.

"rest points you don't have to use" is a silly statement, it's a restpoint that will recover my hp/mp, of course I will use it, the sitting down animation is just dumb, they could've easily made it an item or something instant.
On this topic, I'll admit that I was also a bit surprised that the mako fountains you come across all look the same. I was excited to see different crystal formations, especially after witnessing the first one with Sephiroth in the prologue lol. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed when they all ended up looking the same. It's a small thing but yes it can throw you off a bit. I think what bothered me moreso however was that unlike the summon data collection minigame, this one remains exactly the same every time, so whilst it's an easy grab, it felt like a missed opportunity to not have changing button prompts or timing to them. They may as well have just made it a click to scan item or even simply just finding them being enough since we end up doing it so much.

I wasn't that bothered with rest stops as in real life, they tend to look the same too no? At least that's how it is in my country. The bus service has a style and it's applied to every bus stop. I did appreciate that in different sections of the game they did make some alterations. I think there are 3 types in the game in total.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is absolutely correct… and up until 40 hours it wasn’t as bad. Once you get to Corel it’s disaster city when it comes to bloat and bad pacing.
And all the mini games and bloat aside..: the worst part of the game is story. It’s nonsense. They butchered the original story ridding it of all the beautiful simplicity and subtlety. All emotional impact is gone and replaced with multiverse nonsense and noise.

The feeling of “yeah remake was good aside from that weird ending” carries over to the whole story here.
I still think this should’ve never been a new game but a normal remake. Nobody wanted new ff7. And very one wanted remade ff7. The same game.
In 2015 everyone was happy not because new ff7 was announced but because it was a remake of their fav game.

This could’ve been called ff7 versus or any other thing. It has nothing to do with being a remake. In fact it’s a spit in the face not only to those who wanted real ff7 remake but also to me. A newcomer.
Playing this as a newcomer all I feel is “wow this must’ve been impactful in 1997 in original story” while some bs emotionless multiverse moment is happening.
It’s a tragedy…. And a game itself is bloated open world.

Shame because I love some characters, graphics, music and overall game but once you question any of it, the whole thing falls apart.

Matchew

They butchered the original story ridding it of all the beautiful simplicity and subtlety. All emotional impact is gone and replaced with multiverse nonsense and noise.

100 percent this. The ending was complete dog shit. They ruined what was a great scene in the original to multiverse stuff that you have to watch videos to even understand. The more I think about this game since I finished it, the worse it gets. I don't think this game is going to age well.

Last edited:

Psychostar

This is absolutely correct… and up until 40 hours it wasn’t as bad. Once you get to Corel it’s disaster city when it comes to bloat and bad pacing.
And all the mini games and bloat aside..: the worst part of the game is story. It’s nonsense. They butchered the original story ridding it of all the beautiful simplicity and subtlety. All emotional impact is gone and replaced with multiverse nonsense and noise.

The feeling of “yeah remake was good aside from that weird ending” carries over to the whole story here.
I still think this should’ve never been a new game but a normal remake. Nobody wanted new ff7. And very one wanted remade ff7. The same game.
In 2015 everyone was happy not because new ff7 was announced but because it was a remake of their fav game.

This could’ve been called ff7 versus or any other thing. It has nothing to do with being a remake. In fact it’s a spit in the face not only to those who wanted real ff7 remake but also to me. A newcomer.
Playing this as a newcomer all I feel is “wow this must’ve been impactful in 1997 in original story” while some bs emotionless multiverse moment is happening.

Shame because I love some characters, graphics, music and overall game but once you question any of it, the whole thing falls apart.

My dude, I must be 'no one' as I absolutely wanted a continuation of the FF7 universe. Yes it's nice to get a remake but it's also nice to see the characters you love continue to grow. Would I have bought a modernized remake of FF7? Yeah without a doubt. Do I prefer what they gave us? 100%. Give me all the crazy. It adds to the universe and I'll leave it to part 3 to decide if what they expanded on in the FF7 lore was worth it or not.

When it comes to FFX, my favourite of the bunch, I hope that if we get a new installent, it's X-3 and not X-remake as I would love nothing more than to see the characters grow further. X is a masterpiece in itself and I can always go back and play that if that's what I want.

When Crisis core came out on psp, I was happy to be given more exposition, and the same applied with Dirge of Cerberus. I was also glad that Advent Children, whilst not the best movie, did it's own thing and continued upon the series rather than retold it. I would love for them to give us another movie at some point with more kickass new moments.

Every time we got some flashy fight scenes with the turks or our loveable cast were in combat together on screen, it was such a joy to see. I loved how the last battle was handled for example.

Last edited:

Maddoxswe

Strong Ushuaia ads vibes for this one.
Makes me want to see a naked woman showering so can't take it seriously.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Man, you know what I do when I get a game and it ends up disappointing me? I let it go. I don't spent every day shitting on it in the OT, or tell people why it actually sucks and they are wrong to like it. I get on with my life. The game clearly is not for you, what is this crusade you are on for?

I am just like you, a newcomer to FF7 and the series. And I absolutely love it. Is that enough to convince you that people will have a wide array of different experiences, and that you are not the arbiter of truth on the quality of the game? There is really no harm in taking the L on a new game you thought you would like and moving on. It ended up not being your cup of tea, it happens to us all.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

We get it.....you finished the game and you hated it. I will never understand people like you that finish a game you didn't like, and then stick around the game's OT and shit on it any chance that you get. Move on.....

Oh and with an avatar like yours, i just can't take you serious when you shit over other games. Your judgement in good games is iffy at best. You're also the same person who in this very thread, blamed the game because you got your ass kicked in a battle and you hit the wrong continue option and lost progress :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FUr1Pl7.png

Last edited:

soulbait

I am one of the odd ones who has not played the original Final Fantasy VII (I was an odd Nintendo fanboy when I was a kid/teenager). Because of this, I am playing through these games with fresh eyes and I do not have nostalgia for them.

I thought Remake was good, but it got a little tedious at the end. However, the story kept me in and I looked forward to Rebirth.

So far Rebirth has been a lot of fun, but I do think the pacing is off. I am currently at Corel Prison in chapter 8. There are just so many breaks right now with the characters wanting to have fun, that the game seems to lose its urgency. This does not mean I am not having fun though. I absolutely am. I have not minded the open-world stuff or the mini-games too much.

With the open-world stuff, I find it a better way to level up your characters than grinding through a region over and over again to fight whatever enemies that spawn. I am actually going to point A from point B for a reason, and having battles along the journey. Gives you a reason to travel around, rather than just grind. I like this.

The mini games have been fun too. Some are awkward and weird, but overall they have been fun.

BUT, the characters seems to have no urgency in them, making the story seem to go more on the back burner, where it felt more front and centered in Remake.

I still think the game is great and having a bunch of fun. But I can see why some are complaining about all the mini games. I wish they would put out an updated with a 40fps option, because the camera panning in 30fps is my number one complaint about the game.

Luipadre

Im at chapter 10, did everything on the map until chapter 9, but things are getting really annoying and frustrating so i think im just gonna mainline the story now. The traversal was horrendous in gongaga, the minigames are getting more and more annoying with their shit controls ,special shoutout to the gliding game and the moggle shit in gongaga was just frustrating, the opposite of fun

After this game, I dont want to see or play another checklist huge open world game for a long time

Last edited:

Madflavor

We get it.....you finished the game and you hated it. I will never understand people like you that finish a game you didn't like, and then stick around the game's OT and shit on it any chance that you get. Move on.....

Oh and with an avatar like yours, i just can't take you serious when you shit over other games. Your judgement in good games is iffy at best. You're also the same person who in this very thread, blamed the game because you got your ass kicked in a battle and you hit the wrong continue option and lost progress :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FUr1Pl7.png

To be fair that happened to a lot of people including myself. I love Rebirth but the options for the Continue screen are badly designed.

Doomtrain

A few random points I wanna make:

One thing I'll say for Rebirth is that I really like the moment-to-moment character interactions, especially between the main cast. This is an area where I think these remakes are doing exactly what they should be doing.

It's okay to like, or not like, a game. I personally ended up feeling pretty iffy about it. There are people in here who love it and people in here who hate it and everything in-between. It's okay for people to express those opinions. I can't begin to imagine how boring this place would be if only one opinion was allowed.

"You like this other game I think is bad, so your opinion doesn't matter" is a bad take.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Man, you know what I do when I get a game and it ends up disappointing me? I let it go. I don't spent every day shitting on it in the OT, or tell people why it actually sucks and they are wrong to like it. I get on with my life. The game clearly is not for you, what is this crusade you are on for?

I am just like you, a newcomer to FF7 and the series. And I absolutely love it. Is that enough to convince you that people will have a wide array of different experiences, and that you are not the arbiter of truth on the quality of the game? There is really no harm in taking the L on a new game you thought you would like and moving on. It ended up not being your cup of tea, it happens to us all.

FUr1Pl7.png
I didn’t hate it. It’s just way overrated and I am disappointed. If I hated it I wouldn’t put 70 hours into it.
I will stand by my battles. I think of myself like someone with good taste and personal opinions formed on my own experiences. Unlike most people nowadays without a will of their own, eating influencers propaganda. People think something is good or bad when public opinion says so.

The feeling is so strong that even when they get to play the controversial game, they already have opinion set on it which will colour their review.

We see that very often recently. I will die on that hill and forspoken is a decent game. But nobody knows because lulz the memes. And look how many people hate dragons dogma 2 now? Even today in work I talked to a guy who will pirate the game because there are microtransactions. And that guy was waiting for this game!! he would love it.

Back to rebirth. It has some great aspects and bad aspects and many people here agree with me. I loved character, music, graphics and writing. Combat was fine. But open world was garbage and so was the story or rather what they did to it.
People can come here and say the game is flawless and I am disappoint this is going by unnoticed. This should have been so much better. Fans who eat the hype up are the worse crowd for consumer feedback.
We need critical thinking and outlook so devs can make good games. Xv and xvi are wholly unique games with self contained gameplay and story. Rebirth takes something good and mixes it in a blender. Shame. Especially XVI should be recognized way more for what it is. Not to mention xv. It’s special.

And I am not coming here to shit on people. The thread refreshes, I read it and write as I want. It’s not ot only for one type of discussion. I am not on a crusade. I just answered few posts.

Last edited:
I didn’t hate it. It’s just way overrated and I am disappointed. If I hated it I wouldn’t put 70 hours into it.
I will stand by my battles. I think of myself like someone with good taste and personal opinions formed on my own experiences. Unlike most people nowadays without a will of their own, eating influencers propaganda. People think something is good or bad when public opinion says so.

The feeling is so strong that even when they get to play the controversial game, they already have opinion set on it which will colour their review.

We see that very often recently. I will die on that hill and forspoken is a decent game. But nobody knows because lulz the memes. And look how many people hate dragons dogma 2 now? Even today in work I talked to a guy who will pirate the game because there are microtransactions. And that guy was waiting for this game!! he would love it.

Back to rebirth. It has some great aspects and bad aspects and many people here agree with me. I loved character, music, graphics and writing. Combat was fine. But open world was garbage and so was the story or rather what they did to it.
People can come here and say the game is flawless and I am disappoint this is going by unnoticed. This should have been so much better. Fans who eat the hype up are the worse crowd for consumer feedback.
We need critical thinking and outlook so devs can make good games. Xv and xvi are wholly unique games with self contained gameplay and story. Rebirth takes something good and mixes it in a blender. Shame. Especially XVI should be recognized way more for what it is. Not to mention xv. It’s special.

And I am not coming here to shit on people. The thread refreshes, I read it and write as I want. It’s not ot only for one type of discussion. I am not on a crusade. I just answered few posts.
If you want people to actually engage with you it really doesn't help to just call them all mindless sheep who are blinded by hype and what journalists tell them to think.

Like, how can I respond in good faith when the essence of your post is invalidating my experience with the game and saying that my enjoyment of it has been artificially manufactured?

You never even make the most obvious conceit imaginable which is that not everyone is the same, and people like different things. You instead imply some deep state conspiracy of people enjoying the game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If you want people to actually engage with you it really doesn't help to just call them all mindless sheep who are blinded by hype and what journalists tell them to think.

Like, how can I respond in good faith when the essence of your post is invalidating my experience with the game and saying that my enjoyment of it has been artificially manufactured?

You never even make the most obvious conceit imaginable which is that not everyone is the same, and people like different things. You instead imply some deep state conspiracy of people enjoying the game.
It is what it is. Guess it's not a problem with this game but with XXI century and people homogenizing over the internet.
I have a ton of empathy of course. I understand people are enjoying the game and good for them. There is a lot to enjoy.
I don't want to ruin your childhood....

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

You can call me Captain QAnon because I think this game is incredible.

I don't want to ruin your childhood....
Again, I have never played the original and have no nostalgia or love for Final Fantasy as a series. Once you accept the fact that someone who has never played the originals (like you) can still enjoy the game immensely (like me) it will be much easier for you to find peace.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He isn't allowed to say it's incredible unless he finished it?
I was saying it is incredible until I've reached coral or a bit after that. And by the end of the game I was frustrated and annoyed enough for it to cloud my previous enjoyment and even remake.
IT IS important.

don't get me wrong. It's still better than most gaas shite nowadays. It's a single player game with high budget and I am cherishing that.
I just have obvious problems with open world direction and a story. Especially after many many hours and later chapters.
The direction square took this whole project in is criminal. And I wouldn't mind changes since I don't have nostalgia for original.. but You see what they are doing and it's destroying any emotional impact where it should've been.

Why are you all acting like I am crazy here?
The game obviously has poor open world gameplay
And the game obviously has unpopular direction of the story. Square betrayed everyone and it's not for a good surprise

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
have you finished it ?

Not yet, nowhere near. But if the issue is added stuff that alters the original, that's basically the same complaint that Remake got. "It's super faithful but the added plot towards the conclusion may confuse or turn off some players/newcomers to VII," I mean, if your point is I can't engage in genuine discussion about the game as a whole until I finish it, well then....

I agree, hahahaha

I'm just going primarily by the small bit of story I've seen and the gameplay loop. I'm a "live in this game for a month or so," types, so the aimless checklist exploration of vast wildlands is cool with me, and I figure where I'm at, with the exception of learning new party members, I pretty much know going forward that I'll be in for more of the same, which I understand isn't a selling point for some, but again, it doesn't offend my particular tastes. I'm 24% through Main story, in the Junon region, for reference.

I'm looking forward to gaining a complete picture so I can really engage in these discussions, but disclaimer: if you didn't vibe with the game, that sucks, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Again, I have never played the original and have no nostalgia or love for Final Fantasy as a series. Once you accept the fact that someone who has never played the originals (like you) can still enjoy the game immensely (like me) it will be much easier for you to find peace.
Me neither true. I love the remake.
Maybe I sound too critical but how else should it be? I am maybe angry that the game itself overstayed it's welcome and destoryed what I loved of first 40 hours or so. idk

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Not yet, nowhere near. But if the issue is added stuff that alters the original, that's basically the same complaint that Remake got. "It's super faithful but the added plot towards the conclusion may confuse or turn off some players/newcomers to VII," I mean, if your point is I can't engage in genuine discussion about the game as a whole until I finish it, well then....

I agree, hahahaha

I'm just going primarily by the small bit of story I've seen and the gameplay loop. I'm a "live in this game for a month or so," types, so the aimless checklist exploration of vast wildlands is cool with me, and I figure where I'm at, with the exception of learning new party members, I pretty much know going forward that I'll be in for more of the same, which I understand isn't a selling point for some, but again, it doesn't offend my particular tastes. I'm 24% through Main story, in the Junon region, for reference.

I'm looking forward to gaining a complete picture so I can really engage in these discussions, but disclaimer: if you didn't vibe with the game, that sucks, but you're entitled to your own opinion.
Play the game and enjoy it man. Don't worry about it and don't hurry it up.
If You are fine with the whole "remake but for real sequel" then You will have no problem with the game for the most part.

maybe my one advice would be not to 100% every area or you might risk burning out too soon

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Me neither true. I love the remake.
Maybe I sound too critical but how else should it be? I am maybe angry that the game itself overstayed it's welcome and destoryed what I loved of first 40 hours or so. idk

It IS a radically different pacing from Remake, and I think that throws people off, as well. Remake compared to Rebirth is basically three open town areas and a bunch of dungeons. It's linear, but in such a way that you've always got a stream of content that feels overwhelming for a second, but the gameplay systems tie into themselves so much that you're finishing multiple quests at one time and it feels like you're always progressing toward a goal, main or tertiary. The Battle system also feels more fair toward the player as far as telegraphing moves or enemies being slow enough that lock on can keep up with them.

Rebirth knocks the speed of battle up, adds a bunch of systems and initially feels just...too quick. The dungeon > town > large open region formula definitely cools the pace and urgency of the game. You're not insane, my dude, some people just don't mind the things that are bothering you and decided to chime in. I'm cool with you, anyway hahaha

Why are you all acting like I am crazy here?
Well...
Square betrayed everyone
Just a tad hyperbolic, no?

I believe earlier you said they "spit in your face" by making the game the way they did?

That is kind of crazy

The game obviously has poor open world gameplay
And the game obviously has unpopular direction of the story.
These are what we call opinions, and people can have different ones. That is not 'obvious' in the least, as those are two parts of the game that are mostly very well liked. Especially the gameplay.

Top Bottom