• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

Espada

The massive boobs are Lulu's. Nothing new, there!

Oh, good good. Something firm and familiar to grap in this storm of terrifying developments washing over us.

Have you seen titan Fa... Tifa? Boobs in FF is nothing new. Also... why are big boobs a bad thing?

Nothing wrong with big boobs, but I don't remember any boob envy in any FF. That's something I associate with Tales or Suikoden.

Shinta

Banned
I guess that's way of justifying this upcoming game's existence.

I'll wait to see the game before I make any judgments, but I liked the first two.

And yeah, in general I'd rather people try something new instead of just redo the same thing; especially a series like FF. FFX and X-2 are still there to play if anyone wants to play the older games. Might as well do something original if you're putting resources into it.

I'll wait to see the game before I make any judgments, but I liked the first two.

And yeah, in general I'd rather people try something new instead of just redo the same thing; especially a series like FF. FFX and X-2 are still there to play if anyone wants to play the older games. Might as well do something original if you're putting resources into it.

californian.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

While I agree with the sentiment that a sequel that does something new can be great in theory, the term sequel in this industry means that it takes what was done before and tries to do it again with different things. At its core the two games are the same.

I appreciate the notion that sequels are different but it means you're creating a schism between an installed base. Plus you risk the chance of it being a complete bomb.

Squire

Banned
Inorigo, people defended All the Bravest.

why wouldn't they defend this?

*sigh* You speak the truth, Mecca.

Honestly, the main point I wonder is, why do you even care? People have different opinions about all kinds of things.

You guys never rest until you try to make sure everyone feels the exact same way as you do.

Who cares if people are defending it? It's a new story in FFX's universe, added as a bonus for the HD collection. I think you'll probably see a lot of people who like it, if you don't shame them into silence first.

Oh, don't worry. When it comes to FFXIII diehards, I'm done trying.

Because they're going to eat this up with a spoon. I won't beat around the bush here.

kayos90

While I don't fear for XV because much of the core story has been completed years ago, I fear for its sequels for sure.

Erigu

That's it. Square Enix needs to go down.
Well, the novel's "kick the bomb!" thingy isn't really worse than the same guy's earlier "Remember the Final Fantasy VII ending? How the beautiful light of the lifestream appeared and saved the planet from the Meteor? How Aerith's face briefly flashed, as if to say "yay, she activated the White Materia and saved us from the great beyond"? ... Turns out the light gave people magic cancer."
Dude.
I don't know if Nojima does it all out of sheer clumsiness or if he misguidedly believes that's bold, edgy storytelling, but holy crap, is he good at ruining emotional endings years after the fact.

Well, it's not really worse than the same guy's earlier "Remember the Final Fantasy VII ending? How the beautiful light of the lifestream appeared and saved the planet from the Meteor? How Aerith's face briefly flashed, as if to say "yay, she activated the White Materia and saved us from the great beyond"? ... Turns out the light gave people magic cancer."
Dude.
I don't know if Nojima does it all out of sheer clumsiness or if he misguidedly believes that's bold, edgy storytelling, but holy crap, is he good at ruining emotional endings years after the fact.

I honestly hope that FFXV's story will be safe considering like FFX and FF7 it will be the first entry in the FFXV world.

kayos90

The latter shouldn't really matter to those who enjoy what a company is offering.

It definitely should. I'm not sure why you would believe otherwise. It's what keeps people coming back and builds loyalty and what not.

Tiu Neo

Ok, I was trying to be positive about it, but after the newest update... I just can't. And now I'm having my doubts about FFXV too. Fuck you, Square Enix.

There's only one hope left...

FN7WYoF.png

(Too bad he is busy making iOS games now :( )

antitrop

Well, the novel's "kick the bomb!" thingy isn't really worse than the same guy's earlier "Remember the Final Fantasy VII ending? How the beautiful light of the lifestream appeared and saved the planet from the Meteor? How Aerith's face briefly flashed, as if to say "yay, she activated the White Materia and saved us from the great beyond"? ... Turns out the light gave people magic cancer."

GOD DAMNIT ADVENT CHILDREN

Esura

Banned
It definitely should. I'm not sure why you would believe otherwise. It's what keeps people coming back and builds loyalty and what not.

I don't think what other people thinks about a company and it's product should affect what someone else thinks about it. Only thing brand perception should matter to is the company themselves.

Squire

Banned

When the brand becomes garbage, people stop playing.

When the perception that the brand is garbage becomes prominent, new people don't even bother.

FF is slowly becoming another mediocre, niche series that panders to otakus. Nothing about that is good and anyone who thinks it is is sorely mistaken.

kayos90

I don't think what other people thinks about a company and it's product should affect what someone else thinks about it. Only thing brand perception should matter to is the company themselves.

What the consumer thinks about a company's products should 100% affect the company. I have no idea why you misread what I was saying or trying to spin it the way you were.

Vamphuntr

While I don't fear for XV because much of the core story has been completed years ago, I fear for its sequels for sure.

You make it seems like SE never wrote bad stories before the FFXIII trilogy. FFVIII had a mediocre convoluted plot that no people understood. It was so poorly woven together that obsessed fans came up with insane theories to try give it a meaning.

FFX also had very far-fetched twists that brought down the game.
Auron being already dead and Tidus/Jecht/Auron being dreams of the sleeping fayths was also quite the ridiculous plot twist.

XII stopped having a decent plot after you went to prove that Ashe was the real princess of Damlasca.You can say all you want about Matsuno's departure but they still decided to release the game in that state. It started as a political intrigue and eventually changed to a generic go there and kill this.

FFIV even had you going on the moon in a giant whale spaceship.

I see no reason to automatically expect greatness for the plot of XV.

Esura

Banned
When the brand becomes garbage, people stop playing.

When the perception that the brand is garbage becomes prominent, new people don't even bother.

FF is slowly becoming another mediocre, niche series that panders to otakus. Nothing about that is good and anyone who thinks it is is sorely mistaken.

It's nowhere near there yet, although it still wouldn't affect me if it did.

Esura

Banned
What the consumer thinks about a company's products should 100% affect the company. I have no idea why you misread what I was saying or trying to spin it the way you were.

I didn't try to purposely spin it. I have a feeling I either misread what you posted or I'm not explaining myself properly.

kayos90

You make it seems like SE never wrote bad stories before the FFXIII trilogy. FFVIII had a mediocre convoluted plot that no people understood. It was so poorly woven together that obsessed fans came up with insane theories to try give it a meaning.

I'm very familiar with SE/SS's narrative track record. It's not that I'm surprised they are writing bad stories. I'm more surprised at the frequency of bad stories.

antitrop

Ok, I was trying to be positive about it, but after the newest update... I just can't. And now I'm having my doubts about FFXV too. Fuck you, Square Enix.

There's only one hope left...

FN7WYoF.png

The Gooch coming in to return SquareSoft to former glory is actually a better plot for a game than anything Final Fantasy has had in the last decade.

On the bright side Barkley 2 comes out in February

COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

xIo7uZM.jpg

FFX also had very far-fetched twists that brought down the game.
Auron being already dead and Tidus/Jecht/Auron being dreams of the sleeping fayths was also quite the ridiculous plot twist.

XII stopped having a decent plot after you went to prove that Ashe was the real princess of Damlasca.You can say all you want about Matsuno's departure but they still decided to release the game in that state. It started as a political intrigue and eventually changed to a generic go there and kill this.

FFIV even had you going on the moon in a giant whale spaceship.

I see no reason to automatically expect greatness for the plot of XV.

So Final Fantasy hasn't changed... we just got older?

Top Bottom