• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

tidusyunaxzcs7.png
Rinoa is that you?

ViciousDS

Banned
Fayth are statues created from some ritual that they never describe in the game. If the ritual were sex, it doesn't really make too much sense... Though Yunalesca states that you must have a strong bond to become a fayth . . . Does that mean Lord Braska And Jecht OH GODs PRESERVE US.

If the sex thing is true, which I don't think it is... Those fan fictions about Jecht and Braska... Oh god :X

rJDekJm.png

Allow Final Fantasy X to die and release it from its suffering. Square Enix, is consumed by the spiral of death. To destroy - to *heal* Final Fantasy - I will become Square Enix with your help. Come with me Neogaf. Once I have become the next Square Enix, Final Fantasy will be freed again...

Narroo

Allow Final Fantasy X to die and release it from its suffering. Square Enix, is consumed by the spiral of death. To destroy - to *heal* Final Fantasy - I will become Square Enix with your help. Come with me Neogaf. Once I have become the next Square Enix, Final Fantasy will be freed again...

You got that slightly wrong; it's Square-Enix is in a death spiral, so you become the next Sin/gaming crash/Call of Duty.

EDIT: You JUST changed you avatar to Seymour as I was typing, didn't you?

Welp, I'm done. Time to start drinking.

Square-Enix, what have you wrought?

Square Enix: Consoles Die. Games Die. Even game series Perish. Only the power of death truly commands in Square Enix. Resisting its power is Futile.

Neogaf: But what of Final Fantasy XV? I am a poster. I am on a pilgrimage to stop the sequels that Square Enix brings. Are you telling me that too is futile? Square Enix I am not alone, all of the people who have opposed Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy XIII-3. Their posts, their gifs, were they all in vain?

Square Enix: Not in Vain. No matter how many posters give their opinions, Final Fantasy X-3 cannot be truly defeated. The rebirth cannot be stopped. Yet the courage of those who post, gives the people hope. Their is nothing futile in the life and death of a Neogaf poster.

Neogaf: Never Futile. But Never ending.

Fayth are statues created from some ritual that they never describe in the game. If the ritual were sex, it doesn't really make too much sense... Though Yunalesca states that you must have a strong bond to become a fayth . . . Does that mean Lord Braska And Jecht OH GODs PRESERVE US.

If the sex thing is true, which I don't think it is... Those fan fictions about Jecht and Braska... Oh god :X

Well, I'm going to write up JechtxBraska now...

...as a bromance story.

Few reasons you don't have to lose out all hope.

1) Nojima isn't the sole person who has the say on the story for XV. Others like Nomura, Akiyama and Tabata are there.

2) Even if Nojima writes a really insane scenario with questionable writing I trust Akiyama in fixing things up.

3) It is a brand new game with all new character. They can't retcon things or murder characters.

1. I think that fact does give hope. First, it's Nomura's story, not Nojima's. Nojima's acting as the mediator(Nomura rarely writes the whole thing himself). And the fact that Akiyama and Tabata's there does give me hope that the development will have some "guarding eyes" out there on patrol. Sometimes writers need to be put into to check, and not let their creativity get out of hand. You need other people to fine tune the process, trim the fat and make sure they aren't afraid to point out stuff that is too stupid or "out there". Same can be said for Masato Kato. A lot of people love his stuff, but I think his ideas for Chrono Trigger were far more grounded than the concepts he came up for Chrono Cross. He had other guys there coming up with ideas, and the game wasn't solely his to rule, so he could be put in his place and others could add their own ideals resulting in a balance of power. Chrono Cross, while I love it for it's quirkiness, graphics and music, kinda pissed on everything that made CT a well-built machine. It felt more unchained, like Kato said, "The reins are off. Time to go CRAZY with my ideas for this series!!!".

2. The strange thing is, Nojima CAN write good if he wants to. On the Way to a Smile chapters were wonderful. It's just, when he wants to write like crap, he can do that as well. He's probably the definition of "hit or miss".

3. Hopefully the stakes will be greater too. Not only is it a brand new game(with a world they will establish), but it's a new MAIN LINE FF game. It has a lot to live up to, probably more than anything FFX-related, at this moment. They(Square) probably think they can fuck around with FFX stuff because, well, it's old property. Sure, people like it, but it's old and nothing is sacred(at least as far as Square is concerned). FFXV has much more to prove.

Narroo

3. Hopefully the stakes will be greater too. Not only is it a brand new game(with a world they will establish), but it's a new MAIN LINE FF game. It has a lot to live up to, probably more than anything FFX-related, at this moment. They(Square) probably think they can fuck around with FFX stuff because, well, it's old property. Sure, people like it, but it's old and nothing is sacred(at least as far as Square is concerned). FFXV has much more to prove.

Three words: Final. Fantasy. Fourteen.

They screwed around big time with that.

1. I think that fact does give hope. First, it's Nomura's story, not Nojima's. Nojima's acting as the mediator(Nomura rarely writes the whole thing himself). And the fact that Akiyama and Tabata's there does give me hope that the development will have some "guarding eyes" out there on patrol. Sometimes writers need to be put into to check, and not let their creativity get out of hand. You need other people to fine tune the process, trim the fat and make sure they aren't afraid to point out stuff that is too stupid or "out there". Same can be said for Masato Kato. A lot of people love his stuff, but I think his ideas for Chrono Trigger were far more grounded than the concepts he came up for Chrono Cross. He had other guys there coming up with ideas, and the game wasn't solely his to rule, so he could be put in his place and others could add their own ideals resulting in a balance of power. Chrono Cross, while I love it for it's quirkiness, graphics and music, kinda pissed on everything that made CT a well-built machine. It felt more unchained, like Kato said, "The reins are off. Time to go CRAZY with my ideas for this series!!!".

Kato's original ending for CT was definitely more in line with his concepts for Chrono Cross than the grounded feel they were going for:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Supporting_Material_Translation.html#Masato_Kato_Interview
Masato Kato said:
Incidentally, the idea that I had at that time was for Crono to really die, and the others would have to go back in time and enlist a version of Crono from the night before the Fair. Then after the final battle they would have to return him to that point in time and bid him farewell. But that idea was rejected (laughs). They said it had to be a happy ending, so we eventually settled on the story with the clone as it is today.

The same is true of all religions and myths. They evolve and mutate over time, which is a bit different from fan fiction. You aren't going to say that Poseidon was the fanfiction equivalent of da, or whatever predated him.

True, but there are parts of The Bible that, upon revisiting it after several mythology classes, are borderline mythology plagerism. Dat some mythological bull!

Edit: I'm joking about the plagerism part. Yes, myths evolve over time and the Bible (especially the Old Testament) is full of mix matched older myths.

Thinker: so far we have that

• Yuna somehow fixes Tidus "with pyreflies"
  • Yuna possibly turns Tidus into a Fayth
  • Yuna "controls" Tidus (rough translation maybe?

Tidus was originally technically like...
a summon, wasn't he? And Yu Yevon was the summoner. So now could he be a summon again, and Yuna's the summoner?

Thinker: so far we have that

• Yuna somehow fixes Tidus "with pyreflies"
  • Yuna possibly turns Tidus into a Fayth
  • Yuna "controls" Tidus (rough translation maybe?

Tidus was originally technically like...
a summon, wasn't he? And Yu Yevon was the summoner. So now could he be a summon again, and Yuna's the summoner?

Yup. That's exactly what is happening from what I read.

Asd202

Haha Phantom Hound proves that people will go great lengths and perform mental gymnastic to put there favorite series in good light even if all news everything concerning it are bad/shit. I'm sorry but the story in the novel is BS just like in the audio drama. If a game comes out of this it will be a obvious money grab that just needs to have some kind of story. I hate this direction the FF is taking back in the past the story of each individual game meant something now since FF XIII-2 the plot is just there and it's fucking garbage. With stupid cliffhangers and
France
. I have no doubt XV will have some kind of sequel bait.

Haha Phantom Hound proves that people will go great lengths and perform mental gymnastic to put there favorite series in good light even if all news everything concerning it are bad/shit. I'm sorry but the story in the novel is BS just like in the audio drama. If a game comes out of this it will be a obvious money grab that just needs to have some kind of story. I hate this direction the FF is taking back in the past the story of each individual game meant something now since FF XIII-2 the plot is just there and it's fucking garbage. With stupid cliffhangers and
France
. I have no doubt XV will have some kind of sequel bait.

ER.. Hi. Not really, I'm kinda more interested in talking plot of what can happen in X-3 Than saying an unreleased game will suck. I don't like the novel or audio drama either... Just trying to make sense of a product that will happen.

I don't think its a money pool either. VII would be a money pool ^^

Asd202

ER.. Hi. Not really, I'm kinda more interested in talking plot of what can happen in X-3 Than saying an unreleased game will suck. I don't like the novel or audio drama either... Just trying to make sense of a product that will happen.

I don't think its a money pool either. VII would be a money pool ^^

Well I've not read all your post just some from pages back :p and I'm not saying the possible game will suck. The gameplay may be good who knows at this point but I have no doubt that the story will suck and everything that came out regarding is terrible.

Well I've not read all your post just some from pages back :p and I'm not saying the possible game will suck. The gameplay may be good who knows at this point but I have no doubt that the story will suck and everything that came out regarding is terrible.

I have no idea if either gameplay or story will be good. I haven't read the novel, so I can't say for certain if it is written poorly.

But yes, most of what has come out about the story so far doesn't look too good. But hey, we can only speculate.

Fehyd

Banned
What am I reading?

Meanwhile FFXIV ARR continues being one of the best FF games in decades.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think the new MMO crew should do a FF, but that'd take them away from the game.

Kato's original ending for CT was definitely more in line with his concepts for Chrono Cross than the grounded feel they were going for:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Supporting_Material_Translation.html#Masato_Kato_Interview
I know how it feels to go crazy with ideas. When I was in high school, my friends and I would collab on stories and many at times, either I or my friends would come up with something that just would've been "too much". This usually warranted a "Dude, dial it back a bit!". You need that structure. Not every idea is a good one, sometimes alternative ideas are just better suited. When you're high on creativity, sometimes it's hard to see where you go wrong. When you have other writers there acting as the buffer between you and "going over the edge", it really keeps everything tight.

What am I reading?

Meanwhile FFXIV ARR continues being one of the best FF games in decades.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think the new MMO crew should do a FF, but that'd take them away from the game.
An offline game, sure! I think Yoshida might be capable of doing that. He's already shown a great respect and love for the series in general. I'd be interested to see him head an offline FF(maybe, for the first time, an offline HD medieval FF world, with Black/White Mages, and the such, kinda like, "What if FFI-V's world been brought into PS4/XBONE HD gaming... but was single-player?).

Oddly enough, before FFXIV's announcement(way back yonder), I always felt that, if Square should even venture off into making another MMORPG FF game, it should've been a more sci-fi-ish world. FFXI already did the medieval one, the next one should've been "Sci-Fi Final Fantasy... the MMORPG experience!", taking world ideas from FFVII, FFVIII and FFX(maybe even some sci-fi look from FFXIII). It would've mixed things up a bit.

frostshade

Neo Member
So, Yoko Taro somehow joined the team then. Some of this stuff sounds like something he'd like imo. :/
Bring on the insanity, Square Enix. Not fazed at all yet.

In Yoshida we trust. ^ ^

Wazzy

Banned
Okay the bomb thing is amazing.

Tidus: Let's cherish eachother Yuna.
Yuna: *push* you didn't disappear.
Tidus: You're right!

Things are good.

*2 days later*

Tidus: LOOK A BLITZBALL LET'S KICK IT

*BOOM*

Rinoa is that you?
I actually thought that too. The redesign is nice but I prefer Yuna's short hair since now her artwork looks too much like Rinoa.

Mexi

Banned
Well, that's it, i refuse to support Square-Enix anymore, i have a lot of fonds memories of Final Fantasy X and this is just.. just unbelievable.

I pity the stupid ones who still support this company

At least we still have Atlus right?

Wazzy

Banned
I also don't understand why people think Tidus hasn't matured at all. X is his journey while X-2 is Yuna's.

And I'm pretty sure he has aged since his redesign looks older.

Top Bottom