• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

News Bot

Banned
How bad was "The 3rd Birthday?" All I know is that in the Parasite Eve world, psychic mitochondria try to "Resident Evil"-fy the world cause they hate DNA. Also, something about Brea's dead sister over-powering the main villain and resurrecting herself through her D...N...A....?

Not exactly.

"Eve" is an evolved form of mitochondria that has a sentience of its own and can directly manipulate cells (due to mitochondria being the source of ATP, the most vital of cell energy).

Aya has Eve's mitochondria, but her cells are evolved to withstand them.

Maya "resurrecting" herself is basically the same as James Marcus in Resident Evil 0. It's not actually her. Just her memories. In the scene you're talking about, the "real" Eve tries to take over Aya's body. It fails because Aya was transplanted with Maya's cornea (which is where she got Eve's mitochondria) and for whatever reason, she has some sort of connection to Maya. But it isn't psychic.

Basically it relies on the concept of genetic memory, like Assassin's Creed. Even though this theory has been mostly debunked, though there's still some credibility (fears and phobias are inherited due to experiences).

The 3rd Birthday even by those standards is complete fucking garbage.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
PhantomHound will always be cooler than Perfo though, cuz he has a prison Mike avatar.

PhantomHound will always be cooler than Perfo though, cuz he has a prison Mike avatar.

Michael-Scott-What-reaction-gifrific.gif

Here is what they wrote:

There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.
This just keeps getting better and better. So much for Nojima being better than Toriyama and Watanabe. (Not that I thought he was much better beforehand.)

Dark_castle

Phantomhound, how do you think Yuna uses pyreflies in reviving Tidus? There're apparently reports out there that stated that Yuna turned Tidus into a fayth himself, and the process involves *gulp*necrophilia.

Phantomhound, how do you think Yuna uses pyreflies in reviving Tidus? There're apparently reports out there that stated that Yuna turned Tidus into a fayth himself, and the process involves *gulp*necrophilia.

This is getting better and better.

No seriously I'm loving this.

"Blitzball?" Really, he sees a ball and shouts "Blitzball!" runs up, and hits the thing, like a little kid? I can't even imagine FFX doing that, and he was in love with Blitzballs back then.

Other M had "THE BABY."

(I hope to god it's the) Final Fantasy X-3 will have "Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball!"

No wonder Yuna was crying, the Fayth revived Tidus as a six year old kid.
When I imagine the part where Tidus sees the ball and yells out "Blitzball", I can't help to imagine that awkwardly goofy "Pancakes!" part in the movie Cabin Fever.

cabin-fever-pancake-scene-o.gif

Also who is Perfo? And what exactly was he defending...

Perfo's the "white knight" to everything and anything FFXIII, everything and anything Toriyama and everything and anything Lightning related.

In all seriousness, I'm kinda wondering if they could've spent this energy and make a "Death Becomes Her" video game instead.

death-becomes-her-neck-stretch-o.gif

It sounds like the story of Yunalesca and Lord Zaon. I wonder if they're bringing that full circle... sounds pretty dark.

Hrm... I need more evidence. What reports show this, though? Haven't seen them yet... I'd be grateful if you can find me something.

Dark_castle

This just keeps getting better and better. So much for Nojima being better than Toriyama and Watanabe. (Not that I thought he was much better beforehand.)

Yuna is possibly alienating herself from Tidus because Tidus cannot be known of his state, otherwise he has to depart to farplane, thus leaving Yuna behind. Even when they've return to Spira mainland, both of them are separated by large distance, might be Yuna's decision as well. Yuna is praying for miracle to happen while Tidus continue his blitzball, albeit appeared to be weakening day by day.

Dark_castle

It sounds like the story of Yunalesca and Lord Zaon. I wonder if they're bringing that full circle... sounds pretty dark.

Hrm... I need more evidence. What reports show this, though? Haven't seen them yet... I'd be grateful if you can find me something.

http://ffx3chat.createaforum.com/general-discussion/the-novella-(ffx-2-5)-separate-amazon-release/

Not only necrophilia, if Bahamut and Anima's fayth were acquired by having the receiver having intercourse with the eventual fayth, that means X actually had incest and pedophilia.

http://ffx3chat.createaforum.com/general-discussion/the-novella-(ffx-2-5)-separate-amazon-release/

Not only necrophilia, if Bahamut and Anima's fayth were acquired by having the receiver having intercourse with the eventual fayth, that means X actually had incest and pedophilia.

Once again these look loosely translated. I'll wait for more time to pass and analysis before i rule this as complete.

However, it seems very, very dark. Yuna is a summoner, she would have the ability to do exactly what Yunalesca did. Personally, I don't like this side of the story. It's a little too depressing for my liking. If X-3 is a thing, from this summary it sounds like it will be a very dark game with an ending sadder than the original X.

Dark_castle

Once again these look loosely translated. I'll wait for more time to pass and analysis before i rule this as complete.

However, it seems very, very dark. Yuna is a summoner, she would have the ability to do exactly what Yunalesca did. Personally, I don't like this side of the story. It's a little too depressing for my liking. If X-3 is a thing, from this summary it sounds like it will be a very dark game with an ending sadder than the original X.

I don't know man.

As I posted earlier, looking pass some questionable writing and some ridiculous events, the setup for X-3 is actually pretty interesting.

huggles

Neo Member
"Blitzball?" Really, he sees a ball and shouts "Blitzball!" runs up, and hits the thing, like a little kid? I can't even imagine FFX doing that, and he was in love with Blitzballs back then.

Other M had "THE BABY."

(I hope to god it's the) Final Fantasy X-3 will have "Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball! Blitzball!"

No wonder Yuna was crying, the Fayth revived Tidus as a six year old kid.

I think...in a badly written way, they were trying to solidify the notion that for Tidus, not much as changed but for Yuna, so many things passed along with the grief she had for him for so long. She grew up while he is stagnant.

When I think about it, I don't think it's too far off from what Tidus was like in game and ironically, it was sorta his naivety that encouraged everyone to keep on believing that there was a way to defeat sin without sacrificing Yuna.

This. People make fun of the audio drama and the Novel because they don't remember these things. Reading this stuff without replaying the two games make it seem stupid. However, there are so many unanswered questions. The real ending for X and X-2 are just both really depressing.

Also, one of the commercials for the HD remaster keeps up the theme of everyone eventually has to part with the ones they love, so cherish them now. If they keep this theme through to X-3, nevermind the insanely stupid shit they'll add to get to the end of the story, could potentially end the entire X story on that same sad note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9H8U7-DeI

About the Tidus thing in the novel, I think I get what they're going for, of how people can lose someone at any time and possibly in the most pointless way. The blitz bomb thing does cover how naive Tidus can be and the tragedies of life. But I'm still LOLing on how they thought it was a good writing, ON PAPER, and that this was the best method to illustrate that.

Now if you look back on the perfect ending in X-2, the scene ends on just Yuna looking over the cliff. It really seems like now that despite getting what she wanted, the doubts are there and she is still alone.

Esura

Banned
Wait, wait wait. My memory of FFX and X-2 is a bit blurry but I don't remember anything about having sex with the person one is turning into a Fayth in order to become a Fayth. Is this something new from the novels? Cause if so, poor Seymour.

Dark_castle

Wait, wait wait. My memory of FFX and X-2 is a bit blurry but I don't remember anything about having sex with the person one is turning into a Fayth in order to become a Fayth. Is this something new from the novels? Cause if so, poor Seymour.

No concrete evidence yet. I also can't remember a lot about what happen in X, let alone X-2, so..

Panthers

Well I would LOVE a FFX-3 but only if the game is a lot like 10. FFX-2 was the fist FF that I hated. I was excited for that too but damn it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Well GREAT now I'm imagining a scenario where Yuna accepted Lulu's offer to become the Fayth for her final aeon.

I think it's quite clear the perfect/good ending of FFX-2 was bolted on, almost after the fact, as it doesn't gel at all well with the normal ending FMV and contradicts the point of the story. It was pure fan service, plain and simple. But not only that, it completely undermined the point of the first game. FFX-2 is a great game and has a serviceable story, but ONLY if you stick to the enhanced normal ending, where you meet Tidus' spirit in the farplane. Everything after that is tacked on guff.

Esura

Banned
No concrete evidence yet. I also can't remember a lot about what happen in X, let alone X-2, so..

Back then my mind would latch on to any sexual innuendo or any implied sex in a video game even if I forget anything else about the game, which is why I got confused at first.

All these spoilers are weird as hell.

Well GREAT now I'm imagining a scenario where Yuna accepted Lulu's offer to become the Fayth for her final aeon.

I like the way you think. :p

About the Tidus thing in the novel, I think I get what they're going for, of how people can lose someone at any time and possibly in the most pointless way. The blitz bomb thing does cover how naive Tidus can be and the tragedies of life. But I'm still LOLing on how they thought it was a good writing, ON PAPER, and that this was the best method to illustrate that.

Now if you look back on the perfect ending in X-2, the scene ends on just Yuna looking over the cliff. It really seems like now that despite getting what she wanted, the doubts are there and she is still alone.

I agree. Tidus never really grows up. In the "good ending" of Final Fantasy X-2 Tidus remarks that Yuna has changed a lot, and Tidus really never did change. If anything X-3 might be Tidus's journey to grow up... Or Yunas to accept Tidus's fate. Either way I'll probably end up reliving my childhood and cry either way. Lol.

Flandy

LOL.

This is a glorious trainwreck. I think I found some scans of the novel pages. Tidus' uh...unfortunate fate 2 days after being revived by Yuna?

The reviewer's weren't kidding about the gore. Tidus sees a ball roughly the size of a blitz ball, and comes to the conclusion that that's what it exactly is. So he proceeds to run and kick it... explodes. It was a bomb. Yuna gets thrown back by the explosion.... along with Tidus' head which promptly lands by Yuna with his expression frozen with surprise. She promptly passes out.

Yuna resurrects him using pyreflies, however it seems that if Tidus realizes what he is, he'll disappear (whether that means off to the Farplane, or from existence I'm not sure). It seems overall this explaination wasn't explained too well so it could be off the mark. This could explain though why she's seeming cold towards him in the audio drama.

I kinda want X-3 now just to see how far Square will go in their insanity.

A lot of the Japanese readers seem more upset that it was such an opposite tone to what the perfect ending in X-2 was, and the aformentioned gore and sexuality present.

I want an X-3 now just to see where they go with this.
I'd also like to revisit Spira to see how much the world has changed since X-2. That's part of the reason I enjoyed X-2. I liked seeing how much had changed since X

I'm very okay with this

Fayth are statues created from some ritual that they never describe in the game. If the ritual were sex, it doesn't really make too much sense... Though Yunalesca states that you must have a strong bond to become a fayth . . . Does that mean Lord Braska And Jecht OH GODs PRESERVE US.

If the sex thing is true, which I don't think it is... Those fan fictions about Jecht and Braska... Oh god :X

Beth Cyra

I think it's quite clear the perfect/good ending of FFX-2 was bolted on, almost after the fact, as it doesn't gel at all well with the normal ending FMV and contradicts the point of the story. It was pure fan service, plain and simple. But not only that, it completely undermined the point of the first game. FFX-2 is a great game and has a serviceable story, but ONLY if you stick to the enhanced normal ending, where you meet Tidus' spirit in the farplane. Everything after that is tacked on guff.

Don't agree with this at all. If anything, Tidus on the Farplane goes against him swimming in ocean at the very end of X. It was always strongly hinted he came back, the only thing that could be said to be Bolted on, would be the Perfect Ending where he comes back and now it could lead to him leaving yet again.

I want an X-3 now just to see where they go with this.
I'd also like to revisit Spira to see how much the world has changed since X-2. That's part of the reason I enjoyed X-2. I liked seeing how much had changed since X

From what I read out of the Japanese reviews on amazon japan, they're upset that it's a sad story. Now some reviewers mentioned some sex things, others say its blown out of proportion. We have different accounts, maybe some trolls... Who knows. But I'm excited for X-3... I think... I hope it is not terribly sad...

Don't agree with this at all. If anything, Tidus on the Farplane goes against him swimming in ocean at the very end of X. It was always strongly hinted he came back, the only thing that could be said to be Bolted on, would be the Perfect Ending where he comes back and now it could lead to him leaving yet again.

That ending lines up with the "Good" ending of X-2. The perfect ending theoretically takes place after the good ending. But still... even in the good ending Yuna asks Tidus "Are you real?"

SO many questions!!!

Esura

Banned
Fayth are statues created from some ritual that they never describe in the game. If the ritual were sex, it doesn't really make too much sense... Though Yunalesca states that you must have a strong bond to become a fayth . . . Does that mean Lord Braska And Jecht OH GODs PRESERVE US.

If the sex thing is true, which I don't think it is... Those fan fictions about Jecht and Braska... Oh god
:X

Dat thuggin' love.

Beth Cyra

That ending lines up with the "Good" ending of X-2. The perfect ending theoretically takes place after the good ending. But still... even in the good ending Yuna asks Tidus "Are you real?"

SO many questions!!!

That was asked in a surprised way, the fact she couldn't believe he was actually there. Not a true are you real kinda way.

Completely different the tone and feeling added in the Perfect Ending and now with X 2.5

If the sex thing is true, which I don't think it is... Those fan fictions about Jecht and Braska... Oh god :X

Brokeback Spira.

Also, one of the commercials for the HD remaster keeps up the theme of everyone eventually has to part with the ones they love, so cherish them now. If they keep this theme through to X-3, nevermind the insanely stupid shit they'll add to get to the end of the story, could potentially end the entire X story on that same sad note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9H8U7-DeI

kurt_hummel_don__t_cry_gif_by_eirinip5-d3be1mj.gif

Holy shit... That was emotional. I'm gonna go call my girlfriend...

Never mind not sad anymore from previous comment... Now i can't stop fucking laughing... THIS Made my day!

Dark_castle

Well, my hope for XV's story just went down the shitter.
Few reasons you don't have to lose out all hope.

1) Nojima isn't the sole person who has the say on the story for XV. Others like Nomura, Akiyama and Tabata are there.

2) Even if Nojima writes a really insane scenario with questionable writing I trust Akiyama in fixing things up.

3) It is a brand new game with all new character. They can't retcon things or murder characters.

Top Bottom