• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI | OT | Vana'diel Forever

Parshias7

Oh snap Rank 3 prize. Seems a waste to not take the cool looking platemail but I could really really use Odium :D

If you're still considering what to spend the prize on, I'd go with the platemail. Its so incredibly rare otherwise. Odium isn't a rare drop in comparison and can even be bought by exchanging the five key items if you don't get the drop on the run.

Plus then you can level PLD!

Kal_El

I had a LVL 75 DRK and LVL 75 PUP when I quit this game. 6 1/2 years of awesomeness. BLM, PUP, and Corsair were introduced in that new zone that would get attacked and my ps2 went to crap and barely loaded any enemies but I loved it so much. This thread is confusing because I don't know any of this new stuff but the feels have come back.

I just remember my first time getting a scorpion harness +1 and I felt like the king of the Jueno. <--- Is that still a thing? It use to be the place to be

If you're still considering what to spend the prize on, I'd go with the platemail. Its so incredibly rare otherwise. Odium isn't a rare drop in comparison and can even be bought by exchanging the five key items if you don't get the drop on the run.

Plus then you can level PLD!

I am quite torn here. I don't have any gear for plate wearers and I'm kind of broke at the moment so I can't even afford to upgrade AF/Relic on PLD. But it is really cool looking armor lol. On the other hand, I'm on THF 99% of the time and I play solo 99% of the time.

Parshias7

I had a LVL 75 DRK and LVL 75 PUP when I quit this game. 6 1/2 years of awesomeness. BLM, PUP, and Corsair were introduced in that new zone that would get attacked and my ps2 went to crap and barely loaded any enemies but I loved it so much. This thread is confusing because I don't know any of this new stuff but the feels have come back.

I just remember my first time getting a scorpion harness +1 and I felt like the king of the Jueno. <--- Is that still a thing? It use to be the place to be

Most of the people in Jeuno are just bazaaring afk. The new hang-out place is Adoulin.

ApharmdX

Banned
All you need is the one true Goddess, Apururu.

I prefer Yoran-Oran myself. He doesn't Haste but you can use Koru-Moru for that. He uses Afflatus: Solace for the cureskin so it raises your effective HP. He does not do Curaga but I usually am duo'ing as GEO + SMN or RUN + DNC so we have multiple healing options.

ZetaEpyon

I am quite torn here. I don't have any gear for plate wearers and I'm kind of broke at the moment so I can't even afford to upgrade AF/Relic on PLD. But it is really cool looking armor lol. On the other hand, I'm on THF 99% of the time and I play solo 99% of the time.

I also got rank 3 on a mule and will be taking the platemail.

Odium is nice, but it's not really all that rare, and there are multiple other daggers that will be better. As for solo attainability, I don't honestly know.

Ultimately, the choice is yours, and at least it's a good one to have!

As nice as Odium is, it's also easily beaten by other options. You wanna go get nibiru daggers at some point? I think I have to kill a unity NM to get pops, but we can duo that with trusts and then save up accolades to get pops for the escha nm if you want. Don't waste the rank3 on the Odium.

Blade25

anyone play on quetzacotl? what is the server population for sylph?

I started a brand new account after giving my 12 year old acct to my older brother who no longer plays (long story) and started on quetz because a friend wanted me in there. However this server is empty as heck and my friend flaked out on my big time.

Anyone here in quetz that can help me out?

ZetaEpyon

anyone play on quetzacotl? what is the server population for sylph?

I started a brand new account after giving my 12 year old acct to my older brother who no longer plays (long story) and started on quetz because a friend wanted me in there. However this server is empty as heck and my friend flaked out on my big time.

Anyone here in quetz that can help me out?

Sylph is definitely a low pop server (I don't know how it compares to Quetz), but there's at least usually a good handful of people in our linkshell on Sylph. If you decide to move over to or start over on Sylph, you'd be more than welcome to join us.

Lain

Finally done with Limit Breaks!
I was a bit dubious if I could manage to pass the last one on the first try, but with those old rarab tails it was easier than I expected. Only my trusty Trion bit the dust at the end. Now I'm full of Seasoning Stones I gotta throw away.

Blade25

I will definately consider a server transfer in the future. I have been playing for about a week now, maybe almost 2 weeks and already at lvl 66 geo. Even though its been a short time, and can probably re unlock everything... I don't want to go through all that again >_>

Deacon

Been thinking about transferring over myself. Wanting to try to get some of the group content done like Vagary but there's not much action on Shiva.

How's Sylph for content like that?

I guess we be Pink Wing Bros now

OCaqDre.jpg

Time to start gearing PLD :V

ZetaEpyon

Been thinking about transferring over myself. Wanting to try to get some of the group content done like Vagary but there's not much action on Shiva.

How's Sylph for content like that?

I don't know how it is for shouts these days, but we have IHOP event nights on Tuesdays where we do a variety of things. Vagary might be a possibility, but we'll need a few more people to be on consistently, and have the right jobs to make it feasible.

You have chosen... wisely.
grailknight.jpg

For real though, congrats, it's an awesome piece! Got to put mine to use last night already for tanking some Ru'Aun T1s.

ApharmdX

Banned
I'm psyched because last night I finally figured out how to consistently dual-box Vidala. Got 3 Rawhide Jerkins last night, so both the wife and I are good on them for now (I have Abnoba Kaftan, which is BiS for H2H WS'es), and I'm all done with Zi'tah T1's. Now I just need two drops from Reisenjima T1's and one drop from Ru'an T1's and my SMN is complete outside of Nirvana. My melee jobs need work still but I'm finally motivated to play again, and enjoying the game for the first time in months.

Grats! And hey, paladin isn't too hard to gear now, I think. At least, it's not too hard to get geared up to tank, though perfect sets will take a big investment (like most jobs).

Deacon

I don't know how it is for shouts these days, but we have IHOP event nights on Tuesdays where we do a variety of things. Vagary might be a possibility, but we'll need a few more people to be on consistently, and have the right jobs to make it feasible.

I'll probably hop over then. Wouldn't mind doing random stuff with people instead of soloing all the time.

Suppose I could always hop over to Asura and back if need be. Just looking around it seems like that's kinda common.

thefil

Started playing this past weekend with my girlfriend. Unfortunately not on Sylph, as it turns out one of her coworkers/friends also plays so we started on his server. So far I'm pretty confused even having done a lot of this before.

Is it still worth doing field books, or has RoE replaced them? I actually don't even know what RoE is, as I haven't done one yet. We basically just did the tutorial that takes you to level 10 and then are in the process of doing the first Windhurst mission.

Also, do trusts level or anything? When playing with my gf only one of us can summon trusts, so I don't want the other one to fall behind or something...

ApharmdX

Banned
Started playing this past weekend with my girlfriend. Unfortunately not on Sylph, as it turns out one of her coworkers/friends also plays so we started on his server. So far I'm pretty confused even having done a lot of this before.

Is it still worth doing field books, or has RoE replaced them? I actually don't even know what RoE is, as I haven't done one yet. We basically just did the tutorial that takes you to level 10 and then are in the process of doing the first Windhurst mission.

Also, do trusts level or anything? When playing with my gf only one of us can summon trusts, so I don't want the other one to fall behind or something...

RoE has supplemented field/grounds pages, or replaced them. Once you get the first chapter of Rhapsodies of Vanadiel done, you can powerlevel someone in Escha from 1-99 in 90 minutes or so.

Trusts don't level. Resummon them every couple of levels so that they benefit from your higher level.

Parshias7

Fields/Grounds of Valor are still good, to supplement your exp as you level. Although its a much smaller portion of exp gained these days with all the RoV KI bonuses to exp.

Trusts are whatever level you were when you summoned them. If you level up while they're out, you'll need to release them and re-summon for them to adjust to your new level.

Hey guys,

My wife and I decided to start over with fresh accounts to play through all the missions so I was wondering If I can get a pearl. We're on Sylph.

Edit: Info in the spreadsheet

Edit2: Thanks Zeta :)

Since posting in here at the beginning of the month, I've put 8 days worth of playtime (according to the in-game counter) into the game. I've had a really great time but definitely starting to feel less interested now that I'm working on endgame.

Parshias7

What time do events actually start Tuesdays in IHOP? I missed last night but I should be on tonight, if you need someone to tank.

They had been starting at 9 PM ET lately, but I think we're gonna move things up 30-60 minutes. Hope to see you tonight!

ZetaEpyon

I was thinking of gearing PLD a while back, but I don't know where to start.

Get some -DT gear and a Priwen? Some of the JSE pieces can actually take you pretty far.

That's pretty much what I did, and I've tanked up through Ru'Aun T2s. (Granted, not well from my own perspective, but tanked nonetheless.)

I think I might need some help clearing out the rest of Voidwatch. Just barely killed Gaunab after a lucky proc, Ocythoe destroyed my face and I'm not feeling too confident about Kalasutrax. Anybody around this weekend for some VWNM fun while the campaign is still running? If possible I'd like to get a Maddening Radiance and PW clear if there's interest.

playing through chapter 5 of SoA and chapter 3 of RoV on my second character, and im just wondering, how is it that FFXI has better animated cutscenes than FFXIV ARR

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ugh. I don't like the sound of those Mythic Upgrades. I will be really let down if Afterglow results in better stats.

I'm going to greatly miss FFXI's attention to detail in animations. I'm not sure we'll see another MMO with differing combat animations for every race AND gender. It is one of those subtle things that adds character to this game.

So satisfying.

I was really disappointed when ARR didn't manage this. Everyone plays exactly the same.

Top Bottom