• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Amazing New Screenshots [Xanadu, Academia and mini games]

Kagari said:
There's some stuff I can't wait to tell you guys all about next month.
Do I parse this as "I can't wait to tell you, next month, about some stuff" or "there's some stuff happening next month that I can't wait to tell you about"?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Kagari said:
There's some stuff I can't wait to tell you guys all about next month.

Wow, you sound excited again. I guess surprises didn't end here, they're packing this sequel with everything they can...
amazing!

Thoraxes

It's either FF is dead or hype-modes are back in full-force.

Either way, I look forward to the news.

Also Academia looks hot. So cool.

JudgeN

Looks fantastic except for dat image quality, really wish they had given the game 6 more months in the oven to make it all clean like FFXIII.

Meier said:
Looks wonderful. Have they said if there would be any sort of carry-over or affect from your FF13 save? I played it on 360 but am considering getting the PS3 version of 13-2.

Too western and out of the box thinking for Square. (Boy, do I wish it was a feature)

Vamphuntr

Aeana said:
Did it need redeeming?
It's the main thing I'm interested in about the game!

I already talked about this but I have a really bad OCD where I need to get every single one of them (this is why I can't get into pokémon). I would have preferred a third party member but at least tonberry's magnificience will help me tolerate this.

suzu

Well, these look pretty awesome.

Adult Hope actually doesn't look bad (compared to the likes of Serah and Snow anyway lol).

Aeana

Vamphuntr said:
I already talked about this but I have a really bad OCD where I need to get every single one of them (this is why I can't get into pokémon). I would have preferred a third party member but at least tonberry's magnificience will help me tolerate this.
Did you try to get all of them in DQ5? (How are SMT games for you?)

zsswimmer said:
So is FF13 worth it? I've heard bad things about the linearity but I loved FFX and that was fairly linear. Plus Im sure you can find it dirt cheap nowadays.

If you like X, there's at least a decent chance you'll like XIII.

Seda

cosmicblizzard said:
If you like X, there's at least a decent chance you'll like XIII.

X is my favorite FF and XIII is probably my least favorite.

It really varies form person to person.

Seda said:
X is my favorite FF and XIII is probably my least favorite.

It really varies form person to person.

It does, but I just mean in the sense that XIII is more similar to X than any other game in the series structurally and presentation-wise.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
chri5t said:
So Academia is the futuristic city-scape drenched in rain, right?
Wait. They called the city "Academia"? I... um, I kind of think that's cute (a reference to the Platonic Academy, perhaps?).

jackdoe said:
I thought that graphics was the one area that FFXIII excelled at (barring the 360 version of course) and that that was not a point of contention among the haters (including me, who mildly dislikes the game).
Yeah, I had a lot of gripes about FFXIII but the visuals were definitely not one of them. I loved the environmental designs very much; some of them were quite breathtaking.

Aeana said:
Suikoden series: too western.
KuGsj.gif

Vamphuntr

Aeana said:
Did you try to get all of them in DQ5? (How are SMT games for you?)

I always try to get 100% compendium in SMT games :). I love the fusion system and it's fairly rewarding to mess with it. It's also possible to get a lot of demons through fusions and not through the demons conversation system (except for special cases). With the compendium it's far less annoying to do since you can summon back demons over and over again as long as you have cash and powering up demon is fun since you get to transfer their skills to the one you fused him with. In short, I find it a pretty fun thing to do.

I'm not a big fan of FFXIII battle system so I don't see myself spending a lot of time to get those crystal drops. I feel I will be extremly annoyed to see a rare monster for it to not drop it's crystal and to think how I've missed an opportunity. From what I've seen, monsters will be be disposable and unlike the SMT games you seem to lose the time invested un powering them up. AFAIK you are also stuck with a monster in the third character slot for most of the game. I really didn't enjoy crystarium either and it seems you can't transfer monsters skills so far.

I have to say that it didn't bother me at all with DQ5 since I considered the feature more a bonus. I mean some monster were extremely useful (especially those with high tier multihealing) but it's still possible to beat the game with the story party members. You can also breeze through battles in DQ5 fairly quickly if you increase the message speed so it feels less like a chore.

But yeah pokémon is my nightmare game.

Gvaz

Banned
Lakitu said:
Oh wow. Screens look amazing. Maybe just maybe it's going to be a great game.
How does graphics = good game?

There's new mechanics but you aren't really seeing much in the story/general mechanics department. Is that supposed to be a combat screen? What's even going on there?

KiteGr

I found Impossible to finish FFXIII.
I resumed it 5 times in the past year, just to shut it down a few hours later due to pure boredom.

Now for me FFXIII is officially the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played (not counting FFXIV that is actually getting remade) and I think that it's so bad, that I believe every one supported it is in denial just pretending to like it, or he is simply impressed by the graphics and thinks that they are enough to make a good game.

It appears that SE have realised how bad FFXIII was, but instead of fixing it, they are simply trying to avoid doing the same mistakes with FFXIII-2.

That doesn't change the fact however that FFXIII remains a piece of shit, and making a sequel to a piece of shit is not very wise. They should have made it completely irrelevant to the plot of FFXIII (so people shouldn't have to go through that shit) and give it a different name, like "Final Fantasy Wild XIII" or "Final Fantasy Blue pants XIII" or even "Final Fantasy XV"...

KiteGr said:
I resumed it 5 times in the past year, just to shut it down a few hours later due to pure boredom.

Now for me FFXIII is officially the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played (not counting FFXIV that is actually getting remade) and I think that it's so bad, that I believe every one supported it is in denial just pretending to like it, or he is simply impressed by the graphics and thinks that they are enough to make a good game.

It appears that SE have realised how bad FFXIII was, but instead of fixing it, they are simply trying to avoid doing the same mistakes with FFXIII-2.

That doesn't change the fact however that FFXIII remains a piece of shit, and making a sequel to a piece of shit is not very wise. They should have made it completely irrelevant to the plot of FFXIII (so people shouldn't have to go through that shit) and give it a different name, like "Final Fantasy Wild XIII" or "Final Fantasy Blue pants XIII" or even "Final Fantasy XV"...

...Really?

SomeDude

Banned
KiteGr said:

agreed. nice post.

Aeana

KiteGr said:

Well, you're going to fit right in here with that "anybody who doesn't agree with me is just lying to themselves/trolling" attitude. Keep it up.

Gvaz

Banned
KiteGr said:

On one hand, I want to agree, on the other I already posted my writeup on it here

KiteGr said:
I think that it's so bad, that I believe every one supported it is in denial just pretending to like it

Yup. 65 enjoyable hours of lying to myself.
It's like Heroes seasons 2 - 4 all over again.

Skilletor

djplaeskool said:
Yup. 65 enjoyable hours of lying to myself.
It's like Heroes seasons 2 - 4 all over again.

Did you actually watch Heroes seasons 2-4? lol.

I've tried several times to beat FF13. I can't. It's by far the worst FF ever for me.

FF13-2 looks to fix a lot of my problems, but not if I have to control Serah and a monster for most of the game.

I'm oddly excited for the Chocobo racing.

Says the guy who begrudgingly spent a week breeding a Gold Chocobo in FF VII just to get the Knights of the Round materia. :|

Skilletor

Electivirus said:

Says the guy who begrudgingly spent a week breeding a Gold Chocobo in FF VII just to get the Knights of the Round material. :|

I, too, have fond memories of chocobo breeding.

I'm hoping that Type-0 comes out over here and scratches that itch.

Gvaz

Banned
Electivirus said:

Says the guy who begrudgingly spent a week breeding a Gold Chocobo in FF VII just to get the Knights of the Round materia. :|
*loads up cheat.txt*
*gets all the materias without grinding because grinding = bullshit*

funny-Emma-Watson-Troll-Face.jpg

KiteGr said:

Maybe the game just wasn't for you ? i started numerous times ff8 but couldn't finish it ( yes boredom like you ) but instead of saying it's crap .i think that it just wasn't for me and i moved on . that didn't prevent me from trying ff9 and the others . it's well know that each FF is unique even within the same universes and i think you should keep an open mind about things ..no need for hype , just wait and see many will post their impressions on the game once it's available ..and it will not be too late to see if you're right or wrong

i know that it's hard to keep a open mind about each like /dislike but you really should. Does everything on the market is for you ? Of course not but ONE bad game is nothing

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Chocobos? Minigames? Towns?

All it's missing now is an overworld with an airship and I will become a believer.

~Kinggi~

Banned
bobbytkc said:
Chocobos? Minigames? Towns?

All it's missing now is an overworld with an airship and I will become a believer.
I think this is enough though. They are desperate so they are now going through the laundry list of top fan requests.

Top Bottom