• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Amazing New Screenshots [Xanadu, Academia and mini games]

Pranay

Play_211_BAG-small.jpg

It seems play magzine have a nice preview of the game and they quote "why its the best yet"

If anyone buys that magzine, do post the details here :)

george_us said:
Then why even fucking mention it? I hate it when people pull this "I know something you don't!" bullshit.
but she is saying something. By mentioning that, she is obviously implying that there is good stuff about the game to say, which is news to people still questioning the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
george_us said:
Then why even fucking mention it? I hate it when people pull this "I know something you don't!" bullshit.

Because I'm allowed to say there was an event? Even others have mentioned it on here... you just have to look in the right places.

Gvaz

Banned
R_thanatos said:
Maybe the game just wasn't for you ? i started numerous times ff8 but couldn't finish it ( yes boredom like you ) but instead of saying it's crap .i think that it just wasn't for me and i moved on . that didn't prevent me from trying ff9 and the others . it's well know that each FF is unique even within the same universes and i think you should keep an open mind about things ..no need for hype , just wait and see many will post their impressions on the game once it's available ..and it will not be too late to see if you're right or wrong

i know that it's hard to keep a open mind about each like /dislike but you really should. Does everything on the market is for you ? Of course not but ONE bad game is nothing
It has a unique story I think but mechanically they're all the same, with minor evolutions up until around 7 or 8 and on.

charsace said:
In the future people will dress like idiots and add a ton of buckles to everything.
Nomura.

sublimit

Banned
KiteGr said:
hey should have made it completely irrelevant to the plot of FFXIII (so people shouldn't have to go through that shit) and give it a different name, like "Final Fantasy Wild XIII" or "Final Fantasy Blue pants XIII" or even "Final Fantasy XV"...

I agree with this part.If XIII-2 wasn't so tightly connected with XIII (a game which i really hated) and had a cast of completely new characters then i would've given it a chance since it seems that they are really trying to rectify many of XIII's shortcomings.
But as it is i really can't stand to experience XIII's characters and their stories again so i've written it off.

Seik

Banned
That tomberry picture! :D

I'm hyped...but man, I'm so on the fence at the same time!! =_=' Can't wait for more infos.

Jeels

george_us said:

I know something you don't! (I was at the event as well. Met Kaga Babe. :) She is as amazing irl).

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Gvaz said:

No.

It's more like the work of: Nao Ikeda, Isamu Kamikokuryo, Yusuke Naora and Toshitaka Matsuda. Tetsuya Nomura this time just made some sketches for the faces of the new and old characters.

Sad to hear from Kagari (/Toriyama) that there is no worldmap in FFXIII-2, I think that was actually the last thing missing in FFXIII-2, or at least what I missed was the feeling of exploring a single giant world (a la FFXII) instead of separated stages. I hope the incoming news are equally exciting though.

Gvaz

Banned
It doesn't come as a surprise since they've been trying to make it as cinematic as possible for quite some time now. They don't really seem to be able to understand western script/pacing styles though.

I really want to like Final Fantasy again, but I feel like my experience with FFXIII and the entire implosion around FFXIV have soured me to the point that I don't find this appealing. The character designs look worse than ever, and, while those city shots look enticing, they bring me more to anticipate Prey 2 and a possible Samaritan game than they do Final Fantasy. I'll wait to read reviews on this one and probably for a couple price drops before I hesitantly dive back in.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Apparently there is a new novel coming:

Also announced is a 232 page book titled “FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Fragments Before.” For ¥1,470, this novel takes place immediately before the events of XIII-2. Similar to FINAL FANTASY VII’s “On the Way to a Smile,” “Fragments Before” will contain several stories revolving around characters such as Serah, Snow, Noel, and Rygdea & Bartholomew Estheim:

Serah: Memories of the year AF0.
New Bodhum: A story of the year AF3.
Snow: The story of his departure.
Rygdea & Bartholomew: The creation of a provisional government, and the secret history of the founding of the Academy.
Noel: The end of the world, a period of uncertainty.

It’s also due out on the same day as the game’s release. Written by Jun Eishima of Episode i fame, the novel is being supervised by Motomu Toriyama and Daisuke Watanabe as well.

from novacrystallis

Gibbles17

So am I right in thinking that this game follows a Chrono Trigger-esque time-travelling mechanic? Visiting several different timelines/places via portals or w/e?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the game takes place 5 years in the future but I feel like I remember reading an interview somewhere where its revealed that Hope is 24 in that incarnation. Am I making that interview up or is the pictured Hope from a separate future?

Anilusion

Meier said:
Looks wonderful. Have they said if there would be any sort of carry-over or affect from your FF13 save? I played it on 360 but am considering getting the PS3 version of 13-2.

I'm in the exact same situation.

Gibbles17 said:
So am I right in thinking that this game follows a Chrono Trigger-esque time-travelling mechanic? Visiting several different timelines/places via portals or w/e?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the game takes place 5 years in the future but I feel like I remember reading an interview somewhere where its revealed that Hope is 24 in that incarnation. Am I making that interview up or is the pictured Hope from a separate future?
Well the game seems to take the FALL ( end of ff13 ) as a starting point for the dates ..and yes you can go forward and backwards in time at the same places and yes Hope you see as recently might be further up in the timeline. I 've seen screen shots with AF 300( After Fall ) meaning that it will conver a wide area hopefully.
And yeah the chrono triger portals are called "time gates" in ff13-2

Top Bottom