• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

it looks like they forgot to turn the anti-aliasing on. The colors look less vibrant too. In the last game I never really noticed the transition form FMV to real time... but it's so apparent now.

there is only 2 fmw in this game ( start , end , menu ) so you won't see much transition

that's the price for a smaller budget and the hability to change outflits

So I just beat the game and...

To Be continued???!?!?! WTF???

also, is Valhalla the future Academia?

Has there been any story DLC yet?

Yes there is Lighning DLC to be out in May,that may explain more.

There is data on each char in the menu screen go thru that for some lightnings final moments.
one of the fragments i think Archlyte Stepp mentions abt the end and hope that lingers.

get 160 fragments to unlock secret end,which you may not like.

So I need 11 more fragments until I have them all. I need a few for the Paradox Ending, a few for the maps, and all the Captain quizdude ones. I can't even find the guy any more, its so annoying >:[ . And for my maps its telling me New Bodhum and Academia 4xx are both 99% complete, but when I look at the map I can't figure out what needs to be discovered. Also annoying >:[

So I need 11 more fragments until I have them all. I need a few for the Paradox Ending, a few for the maps, and all the Captain quizdude ones. I can't even find the guy any more, its so annoying >:[ . And for my maps its telling me New Bodhum and Academia 4xx are both 99% complete, but when I look at the map I can't figure out what needs to be discovered. Also annoying >:[

look carefully in the map,the section might be just a dot size that was left out.
chk ign site for Captain cryptic's location.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did the DLC-spree end or what :/?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Did the DLC-spree end or what :/?

I don't know what happened to Square, but apparently they decided to stop every DLC release from Gilgamesh 'till half may, when the episode of Snow will come out. Pretty dumb.

laika09

The Japanese VA had much more... moogle-ish 'kupos'. Which was probably inevitable because the word itself was written by Japanese people using Japanese phonetics, but it wasn't as jarring (at least as a native English speaker) to hear what I expect to be some sort of animal sound as it was when expressed using English phonology.

There are a couple parts in the game where they didn't use the English VA's voice for moogle sounds, like when you pick him up to throw him, and those don't sound nearly as offensive to me.

The Japanese VA had much more... moogle-ish 'kupos'. Which was probably inevitable because the word itself was written by Japanese people using Japanese phonetics, but it wasn't as jarring (at least as a native English speaker) to hear what I expect to be some sort of animal sound as it was when expressed using English phonology.

There are a couple parts in the game where they didn't use the English VA's voice for moogle sounds, like when you pick him up to throw him, and those don't sound nearly as offensive to me.

The kupo was way more berable playing the japanese version for me .. but the amount were the same...

Kupo is suppposed to help you when you travel the field ... Since it's a usefull feature it didn't bother me at all ...

JaCy

I need some help, ive been stuck the past few days. I just finished Archlyte Steppe AF??? I beat that dragon that was sucking up the flans, and went to The Void Beyond and accidently went out the portal. Now its gone and I have no idea what to do now as I cant do anything else.

if you beat the dragon in archlyte steppe , then the big flan Snow was fighting out should have gone green because it cannot regen anymore ..
Engage in the fight and win it.

After wards , use the last portail in the area to finish this story part ( and prepare yourself for the rest )

JaCy

Thanks for the help guys, but I looked at gamefaqs. I guess I forgot to go to Yaschas Massif, so I guess I know where to go now.

GorillaJu

In the Japanese version, the moogle ends every sentence with "kupo!" The (female) voice actor they used is absolutely fantastic. Ff13-2 moogle is like the cutest thing in ever made in video games.

PokéKong

I feel like I just got passed what had to be the lull of the game (too soon to say, but it just felt like it), locating all the Gravitron Cores and then going through that predictable story portion, finally being rewarded with some much appreciated explanation of the story and the changed battle music.

It's hard to believe if they intended those cores to be found without the aid of a guide book, were there some sort of clues as to their more specific locations that I didn't pick up on?

ZenaxPure

PokéKong;37734301 said:
It's hard to believe if they intended those cores to be found without the aid of a guide book, were there some sort of clues as to their more specific locations that I didn't pick up on?

Their location was the picture in their description. Though personally I found them just sort of going through the game because I explored every nook and cranny of pretty much every zone.

PokéKong;37734301 said:

Not really the description of the area and the picture, After the area you have to look for in some case is pretty small , huge in others..the fact you only need 5/7 just show that they were aware that not all have the same difficulty in finiding them.

The only thing that REALLY annoy me in the fragment on the bottom of augusta tower that is pretty much impossible to find without a faq..and the quiz questions based on luck ..
what the hell ??

This game really needs a weapon or accessory that puts a handicap on the characters strength. I wish they would put that as DLC. I really need to figure out a good forced challenge for this game...it's way too easy.

Almost to the end of this game with 158 fragments. The captain cryptic and brainblast stuff was really frustrating.
Heads or tails....red or blue....WTF?!
I had to end up using my phone to read a FAQ to finish it off though. Don't feel bad one bit considering some of the questions. There was a surprising amount of interesting lore hidden throughout the questions.

So now all I have left is the bestiary quest. I am glad I saved that one for last because it looks like the most fun. And then its off to the coliseum to do all that DLC I bought and never played.

Aru

GAF, I need your help please !

I've beaten the game once and I did a time reversal on New Bodhum 003 AF, so basically all the areas after and including this one are closed. Now I've just beaten the
giant Flan
in
Sunleth 300 AF
, went back to the void beyond and then the gate for
Academia 400 AF
appears but I can't select it.
I read on GameFaqs that I must have the gate seal. Problem is, the gate seal is in
Oerba 300 AF
. I can't access this area for those reasons:
- I have no access to
Augusta Tower 200 AF
since I have to open the first gate in
Academia 400 AF
- I never unlocked
Oerba 300 AF
in my first playthrough, so I never went there.

EDIT:
Nevermind. I thought I had to pass through every gate again but I found that I can restore the gates if I press the reversal button on the map I activated it.

laika09

I saw this thread today and checked the price on Amazon. It's on sale for $33. I finished the first, but wasn't that happy about it...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6JIVE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anybody think this is a good price for the game? Has the DLC for it come out yet and is it any good? Just looking for some impressions from fellow gaffers.

I liked it a lot. Other people hated it. It's GAF.

The last DLC drops tomorrow. So far it's been overpriced costumes, (arguably) overpriced coliseum fights (no story/field gameplay), and some card games. The Snow/Lightning stories tomorrow are supposedly more substantive story-wise but still $4-6.

If you're secure enough in your sexuality to deal with promises and miracles and so forth then you can't go wrong. HD towns.

I saw this thread today and checked the price on Amazon. It's on sale for $33. I finished the first, but wasn't that happy about it...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6JIVE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anybody think this is a good price for the game? Has the DLC for it come out yet and is it any good? Just looking for some impressions from fellow gaffers.

I paid $15 for at from Best Buy a few months back. I thought it was well worth the $15. Looking back, I'd happily pay $30 for it. I got my money's worth.

0-3 so far against Snow.

Bleh....

Edit: FUCK YEA! FINALLY!

Edit #2: The stupid horse after Snow is weak as fuck.

Edit #3: Oh... wow the stupid horse levels up if you go back and fight him again. >.< (let see how many total forms does he have....)'

Edit #4: LVL 99 HORSEY is defeated! Now I gotta build Snow, the stupid horse and then build the other version of lighting and I'm finally done with this game!

burgerdog

0-3 so far against Snow.

Bleh....

Edit: FUCK YEA! FINALLY!

Edit #2: The stupid horse after Snow is weak as fuck.

Edit #3: Oh... wow the stupid horse levels up if you go back and fight him again. >.< (let see how many total forms does he have....)'

Edit #4: LVL 99 HORSEY is defeated! Now I gotta build Snow, the stupid horse and then build the other version of lighting and I'm finally done with this game!

Could you post your lightning build once you do it?

Could you post your lightning build once you do it?

I saw a SS of her, but I myself haven't got her yet. Still trying to figure out how... maybe you're suppose to 5-star her story. i don't know anyone know?

Edit: Yep just got her. =) You have to 5 star the battle. I will post my strategies in a spoiler soon. Time to farm them Vit, Mana, and Power crystals!!!!!!!

Lighting DLC

You basically fight Caius 1v1. You start off at level 1 if you beat him (you probably won't) you get CP, if you lose (you probably will) you get CP. The CP go towards Lighting. She can go up to a maximum of level 10 (lol troll level. She has 99999 HP, 9999 STR, 9999 Magic at level 10). Any who you start off with 4 roles. Paladin = Commando, Shaman = Ravager who attacks add wound damage, Mage = Ravagers, and Knight = Sent. At level 3 you get the SYN role and at level 5/6 (sorry forgot) you get the SAB role (completely useless)

How to approach the battle level 3 and under.

Just like Lighting Caius has roles so it's very important to pay attention to what role he is in. If he is in Commando unleash a full ATB bar on him, and then go into Sent (or Knight as it's called) wait for him to snap his fingers and then cast immortality. Rotate between the three attack roles because sometimes his chain gauge will just deplete super fast so you want the commando to keep it stable. You also might want to use Shaman to add some wound damage so he can't completely heal. SAVE YOUR FERAL LINK! There is no point in using your feral link when he's stagger because stagger goes away very fast. You want to save the feral link for when you're in SENT and all of a sudden out of nowhere his chain gauge starts depleting. With the feral link you can attack while in sent and stabilize the chain gauge. If Caius is in his Ravager role then attack him with 1 or two atb bar then switch to SENT take the hit and repeat. He attacks very fast in this role so you're only going to get 1-2 atb gauge off in time. Don't be greedy get your two hits in then go to SENT. If he's in his Med role than just attack the mother fucker lol. I think it's doable to kill him at level 1 but don't bet on it. You're going to have to play a flawless game. Did I mention you don't have a healing role? Oh and they give you 5 potions and 1 elixir so yea good luck!

Level 4 or higher you should be able to beat him if you have half a brain. As you can tell that I stated earlier to capture Lighting you must 5-star the battle. Which is probably easiest at level 9 since level 10 is a troll level and the target time is probably something stupid.

At level 6 or higher after you defeat Caius he turns into
Chaos Bahamut

^ that guy isn't too hard same strategies as above oh and remember battle goes much faster if you use haste!

Snow + Valfordr DLC

Snow

Snow battle is pretty much a race against time. He start by powering up 200%, 300%, then eventually max power. If you see max power then you lose. You can't survive his feral link. Yes even when it says "missed" or "block" you still fucking die (LOL). Don't matter how much HP you have, how much buff you have, your paradigm it doesn't fucking matter. Kill him before he gets there. I personally used

Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftain
Chichu

Why? Because of Goblin and Cloud I don't need to waste time in SYN. I can get all my buffs via feral link. Try to heal as little as possible since it wastes time. And if you have to just use a god damn elixir.

Valfordr

After you defeat snow he shows up at level 1. Pretty easy battle you take care of him easily. After that the game sends you back into the coliseum. You can now choose him on the DLC battle list. So do that and you should fight his 2nd form I think it's level 15. Once again easy battle. Fight his 3rd form, then his 4th and last his 5th form (level 99). This one is a bitch, thankfully he is not Snow level bitch because he doesn't have a stupid 1 hit kill your entire team bitch move. You can approach this battle like any hard boss in the game (ex. Nabatt or Gilgamesh). A lot of hp, you're going to have to stagger him a few times, fight his minions (which is a bunch of damn chichu!). I personally used

Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftan
Gilgamesh

I replace Chichu for Gilgamesh because Gilga has more HP. Kill slower but that's better than dieing. Hopefully you have enough phoenix blood or elixir for this battle. If not get ready to use a lot of phoenix down or raise. I would just farm phoenix blood or elixir though.

Anyways that's about it. Lighting is a COMMANDO, Snow is a SENT, and Valfordr is a RAV.

Lighting monster crystal has 3 red lock

- Uncapped Damage (max damage for her is 999,999)
- Immovable Max
- Enhanced Commando

Basically you have 7 free slots. So yea just put whatever you need. I decided to go with Strength +35%, Role Resonance, Stagger Maint II, Chain Bonus II (you can replace this with something else since not necessary for a commando), Siphon II, ATB charge II, and Quick Stagger (once again you can replace this).

I left out HP because she already has 8944 HP (I went full Power crystals). So yea if you go like Potent she would have even more so I don't feel the need to add HP. So yea I left out HP, Resilience 40%, and rapid recovery. So if you want to replace any of those you can get rid of quick stagger and chain bonus II.

any one could make sense of the story in Lightning DLC?

the story confirmed what we knew from the datalog already ..
at the exception that all is not lost ( bring in hope )

Yep the story still make sense to me .. and i have a pretty solid timeline of the events now..

the question is : what happens after light wakes up ? what can she do ?..and we'll see in ff13-3.

[HIDDEN ALL FRAGMENTS SCENE]
Caius say that his victory was inevitable as all posibilities lead to it and prepare his plan to free Yeul will from The chaos of valhala.
[START OF THE GAME]
Light & caius are fighting in valhala ( a place where time doesn't flow like the rest )..
Light fights to prevent the existence of the dying world, caius because he is f**king tired of seeing yeul die over and over again.

Light sees Noel and send him back to serah ( because serah is one of the key to prevent this disater or at lest she thinks (she probably doesn't have the same level of knowledge about how fucked up you are when messing up with time )

Noel arrives in 003 unknowing as a protector of serah ( just like caius is a protector of yeul ) He would have slowly realised this fact if he hadn't all those headaches ... and is fully aware of it at the end of the flashback[chapter5].
----
DLC
Light is still fighting caius, however serah & noel changed the timeline many times already and lightning sees serah dying .. and loses to caius.
Lightning is trapped in chaos
Withing chaos , she battles caius ( again ) over and over untill she manage to communicate with serah will ( a strong will as seen in the regular game fragments ) where lightning realise her mistake and say "sorry to her sister " and serah replying that it's ok , that the journey was worth it because she was sick of seeing fragments of the future and just wanted to meet her sister again ..

now lightning knows that messing with the timeline will lead to another problem/because it's unpredictable and caius is freaking strong choose to "leave it to hope" ( not the character) , since she lost already. She sits on Etro throne and waits

[CHAPTER 6 FINAL BOSS]
NOel & serah are trapped within Caius chaos, where they are helped by lightning " it's up to you to keep Hope alive"..

Final battle , caius loses , noel kill him ( wilingly or not ) , unleashing chaos upon the world
Serah dies after seeing the timeline again and her will join the many Yeul already dead within the timeline.
Noel learns the sorrow of being a protector and seeing a seeress die( again maybe)[he wasn't the protector of Yeul in 700AF yet ]

[DLC After the credits]
Lightning wakes up in the dying world

----
END CHAPTER 5
Lightning talks to serah & noel ..knowing what will happen , tell them that it's "a world she failed to save " and then goes to do something .. ( what ? we don't know yet ).

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
And let's not forget the two letters left by Serah and Noel in the future, the first one lost in darkness (KH time!) and the second out for a mission. It's pretty fun to see how many little hints are scattered in this game without realizing the importance of them at start.

Yep noel is out there to save serah ( or another serah ) from her fate and light and snow are busy finding "Hope" to break the cycle.. Serah letter just confirm her current location and her current fate

Lightning

Banned
I am in 2 minds with Lightning's Commando character. Level up to level 13 or and lose 2 ability slots or level up level 11? She is so freakin strong, fast, great abilities and is basically a god mode character. Just wondering whether to level her fully or not... you don't lose that much stat wise by not levelling her fully and gain 2 ability slots.

I am in 2 minds with Lightning's Commando character. Level up to level 13 or and lose 2 ability slots or level up level 11? She is so freakin strong, fast, great abilities and is basically a god mode character. Just wondering whether to level her fully or not... you don't lose that much stat wise by not levelling her fully and gain 2 ability slots.

It's not even a question for me. 13 is the easy choice.
UNCAPPED DAMAGE!

jiggle

does the game have any outfits to be found in-game?
or are all of them through DLC?

edit: oh, and are there any missables in the game?

desu

does the game have any outfits to be found in-game?
or are all of them through DLC?

edit: oh, and are there any missables in the game?

No in game outfits, but you can get at least one for free (the one for Serah I think).

Nothing missable in the game.

Pakkidis

I just started the game (no dlc)

Is there anything I should know before I begin? Any miss able achievements?

I'm a bit confused how the crystarium works this time around? On every node I get to choose to upgrade between my 3 roles, and a large nodes gives me more abilities in the role I choose?

I just started the game (no dlc)

Is there anything I should know before I begin? Any miss able achievements?

I'm a bit confused how the crystarium works this time around? On every node I get to choose to upgrade between my 3 roles, and a large nodes gives me more abilities in the role I choose?

Anything you 'miss' you can go back and get. So, nothing is miss-able.

jiggle

about the DLCs
if u get those colosseum ones
are they even winnable mid game or are they more like end game contents?

On every node I get to choose to upgrade between my 3 roles, and a large nodes gives me more abilities in the role I choose?

bonus stats from large nodes depending on what role you choose also

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The DLC battles are end-game content. They are all probably doable at low levels, but they'll just take forever.

The first time I beat Lightning before I finished the game, it took me 40 minutes. I didn't know that she had such a low drop rate at the time, since I assumed that if you paid for her, they'd let you get her crystal easily. :/

Top Bottom