• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

HeelPower

Even if there is a PS4 version, I doubt it would run at 4k with 16xAA :p

edit: I'm aware the PC version 'can run' at 60fps with brute force specs or a miracle stars-align configuration. You know what I mean. D:

PS4 version will likely run at 30 fps locked but it will get texture,lighting and modeling improvements at 1080p.

Stuff you can't really get with this version of the game,unless some masterful modding happens sometime in the future(unlikely)

Durante

PS4 version will likely run at 30 fps locked but it will get texture,lighting and modeling improvements at 1080p.
You really believe that? I mean, in the end even the improvements to FFX HD (beyond resolution) were fairly minor, and that took forever and was starting from PS2-level assets. Further improving upon PS3-level assets for a game as large as FF for a "remaster" isn't something I see S-E doing. And if they do, it will take a decade.

The size of that patch is probably inflated for some people because they deleted their other language files to save space and Steam is just downloading all the missing files again.

That's my guess anyway.
That could well be the reason.

HeelPower

You really believe that? I mean, in the end even the improvements to FFX HD (beyond resolution) were fairly minor, and that took forever and was starting from PS2-level assets. Further improving upon PS3-level assets for a game as large as FF for a "remaster" isn't something I see S-E doing. And if they do, it will take a decade.

Well y'know SE was having a rough patch last gen and that's why they took long.

But this time I really think they can do it!

Not happening.Will likely Take a decade.

That could well be the reason.

Yep it's gonna be a straight up port of the PC version with dual shock buttons

TheTux

Stuff you can't really get with this version of the game,unless some masterful modding happens sometime in the future(unlikely)

I doubt that, they'll just port it to PS4 and release it.

Haroon

The size of that patch is probably inflated for some people because they deleted their other language files to save space and Steam is just downloading all the missing files again.

That's my guess anyway.

I never removed any language files, but perhaps it did not download them when I was downloading the game. Sadly, I am not playing the game at the moment. What is your current filesize? Mine is at 28.7GB.

Falk

that puzzling face
The problem with those is the different skeletal rigging. Something as simple as getting lips to not clip through mustache during dialogue (lol) may necessitate manual work for every scene.

Parsnip

I never removed any language files, but perhaps it did not download them when I was downloading the game. Sadly, I am not playing the game at the moment. What is your current filesize? Mine is at 28.7GB.

28.7 here as well. Curious that it would download that much then. Though I've noticed that occasionally Steam says it needs to update x amount of data, but then it miraculously seems to rediscover the files and the "download" rushes to the end instantly. But who knows. The unlicensed DLC disabler patch from few days ago was only like 13megs I think.

Durante

I just got to the archlyte steppe, it's so much better than in FF13-1. Wow.

screenshot_2014-12-25m3krd.jpg

screenshot_2014-12-25ybj1u.jpg

screenshot_2014-12-25lqk0g.jpg

(the middle one is while trying out a freecam mod)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
love that song!!!!!

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahaha I remember seeing the Long Gui in XIII-2, saying to myself "Hey, I killed like a billion of those how hard can this one be?" and then getting my ass kicked.

artsi

I had some serious FPS drops, but as someone suggested I changed my Nvidia performance setting to maximum and it fixed everything. I always thought it didn't really matter but I guess it does sometimes.

Durante

If I remember right, this place ran pretty bad on consoles. Hopefully it isn't hard to run here
It ran at 30 FPS for me (at 4k/16xAA) like most of the game.

I can imagine that the consoles struggled a bit, it seems like some of the densest/"largest" foliage with the longest draw distance on that generation of systems. Was really surprised when I saw it, it looks great.

So apparently

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long post, but I want to make sure everyone understands.

So for those like me who are experiencing frame rate drops even with high end PCs (even on low) and/or regular game crash (game just shuts down to desktop), well I found the solution to our issues.

A lot of PCs have 2 graphic cards, one for gaming and the other one for when your are just browsing and word stuff. Well, believe it or not your computer apparently doesn't turn on the gaming card when FF13-2 starts, at least for me it didn't. To fix that you just have to "force it". If you don't have two graphic cards try this method too just in case.

To do so (if you have an Nvidia GeForce graphic card) :

- Go to "Search"
- Look for "NVIDIA Control Panel"
- Go to "Manage 3D settings"
- Click on the "Program Settings" tab
- Click on "Add" then either look for your Final Fantasy 13-2 game in the list or browse for it
- Once you found it click on" Add selected program"
- Once you have done that, FF13-2 game should appear in the list of programs on the left of the "Add" button that you have previously clicked on
- Select the game, then go to "Select preferred graphics processor for this program"
- Select "High-Performance NVIDIA processor"
- When that's done close the window and start your game from steam.

This should allow you to run your game without anymore crashes and FPS drops, I have my settings roughly on medium settings and i have a steady 60 FPS and amazingly haven't experienced any crashes since then dind't bother going on higher settings, was too busy playing!

If this worked just copy paste this on other forums so that everyone can see.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292140/discussions/0/620700960398705022/#c620700960487112707

You all can test this I guess.

Parsnip

That sounds like nvidia optimus stuff for laptops/notebook/whatever, no clue how common that thing is. Might work for anyone with that type of config.

On desktop PC's that's not a problem.

Falk

that puzzling face
That sounds -exactly- like the issue in Sonic Generations where laptop setups (Optimus, nvidia) needed to be coaxed into not using integrated intel graphics.

edit: Beaten.

If you're pushing 30+ with drops to 30, this very likely can't be the issue as integrated graphics wouldn't run the game at anything playable, much less 30.

Adaren

i wonder what the AMD equivalent is

AMD Catalyst Control Center has a similar menu that lets you select whether a program is "High Performance" or "Power Saving". However, last time I booted up FFXIII I verified that it was set to "High Performance", and I'm also pretty sure that my laptop's integrated graphics card wouldn't have been able to pull off the 30-40 FPS + downsampling that I was seeing.

In short, this is probably a good thing to check but I wouldn't expect it to solve most performance issues that people are seeing.

iosefe

I thought those were CPU settings. It's that pr my CCC is missing things. I have an APU, but I bought a dedicated card a bit back, since I uninstalled the drivers of the integrated, I'm fine right?

Durante

Someone can tell me if the mod to introduce back AC and N7 costumes works for you? Because I did it but I got only white ghosts.
That's because they patched the assets out. If you backed up your asset files before the patch you can just copy them over and they will work again.

This was taken with the latest version and the files restored:
screenshot_2014-12-263briy.jpg

Bonus shot just because:
screenshot_2014-12-25nejbj.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
That's because they patched the assets out. If you backed up your asset files before the patch you can just copy them over and they will work again.

This was taken with the latest version and the files restored:
screenshot_2014-12-263briy.jpg

Bonus shot just because:
screenshot_2014-12-25nejbj.jpg

Wait what? what patch? fucking shit i just patched this when i read about the fix for n7 just now...

iosefe

Anybody elses Dualshock 4 not work with this? (I'm using DS4Windows)

is it fidgety? i would assume the program derped and is picking up both the direct input and the xinput signals. unplug it, turn of the service. uncheck hide DS4
turn on, plug in then check. if that doesn't work, a random assortment on turing of the service and unchecking will solve it. i'm not sure of the order yet. click the contorl panel option to see if ONLY the xinput device is showing and not also something called Wireless Controller

is it fidgety? i would assume the program derped and is picking up both the direct input and the xinput signals. unplug it, turn of the service. uncheck hide DS4
turn on, plug in then check. if that doesn't work, a random assortment on turing of the service and unchecking will solve it. i'm not sure of the order yet. click the contorl panel option to see if ONLY the xinput device is showing and not also something called Wireless Controller

Hmm, I still see Wireless Controller in the Device Manager (separate from 360 controller) but the advice you gave me worked and the controller works now in FF XIII-2. Thanks!

Parsnip

It's probably something that gets automatically created when an app is created.
There's absolutely no way that they would be actually working on a VR build of any kind.

Replacing Serah with the Etro Lightning 0.5 model is pretty interesting.

Mouth/Nose animation and blinking doesn't work. Eye movement, eyebrow movement does. It's like Starfox Assault EN all over again, except way less offputting.
Serah's girly animations look really OOP, but the detail on the model (hair/suit/feather physics still work, and the head/eye environment/camera tracking functions correctly) makes up for it
Can't be engaged/surprised by enemies on the field (so the cutscene where Noel introduces Mog immediately after the beach invasion can't currently be viewed w/the model).
Thankfully, Mog clock preemptive strikes still work/animate.
Passive NPC dialogue doesn't trigger.

Also, this is gold

Falk

that puzzling face
Huh, a lot of that sounds like the attempts to replace Lightning with Serah in XIII (can't engage enemies, etc)

Anyone has any tips on how to get that 7777 fragment?

Is the only real tip to buy a lot of coins with gil and then somehow press LB with a duct tape and wait 4-5 hours?

TheTux

Anyone has any tips on how to get that 7777 fragment?

Is the only real tip to buy a lot of coins with gil and then somehow press LB with a duct tape and wait 4-5 hours?

It took only 20 minutes to me but yeah, that's the best way.

Probably one of the most stupid achievements/trophies ever.

Corpekata

Banned
I got this later so didn't follow the discussion as much. Are there any recommended tweaks? Like the rain looks awful, for some reason, which I don't think it did on consoles.

TheTux

So how much coins should I get and should I do it when the machine is "hot"?

To get the trophy you need to win 10000 coins (you'll also get a Fragment if you win 7777 if I remember correctly).

The slot machine has the best chance of winning when the attendant in front of it says "It's like a hot summer's day".

Top Bottom