• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
For people getting their beta invites, can you please state wither its PC or PS3 and if you are US or EU? Also, if you used the FF13 code in the beta registration.

No invite yet for me. I signed up for the PS3 beta, I played the game at launch (1.0) on PC, and used my FF13 PS3 code that I did not lose.

You played at launch so you are a Legacy member which means you probably have an account already. Log into your account and if it lets you in then download the client from the sub forum

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

Did they do anything to make combat more interesting than 'mash ability on cooldown'?

This is a completely different game from the first

Try this video not sure if it will confirm anything for you though

http://youtu.be/q2RghB8r4tA

Darryl

Banned
ffxi fans rejoice

rkDCAzZ.jpg

game is gorgeous. sense of exploration that i want in a final fantasy MMO? no, not at all

For people getting their beta invites, can you please state wither its PC or PS3 and if you are US or EU? Also, if you used the FF13 code in the beta registration.

No invite yet for me. I signed up for the PS3 beta, I played the game at launch (1.0) on PC, and used my FF13 PS3 code that I did not lose.

PC, US no FF13 code used.

Sorry if this question is stupid. I've been in every beta and alpha since before 1.0 even launched. how do i get a ps3 code? do I need to apply seperately?

I got a beta invite and I never signed up. Is it because a used to play it at one point or may have been in the beta years ago? It was sent by noreply@xmail.square-enix.com and has a code and a link to download a client. I just want to make sure this is not a scam or virus before I try it.

Shahadan

Oh shit I'm in ! I never get Beta access usually :eek:
PC/EU
I ndon't see where to dl the client, is it because I can't yet register on the forums? (maintenance)

nasanu

Banned
Anyone downloading the PS3 client? I am getting 30KB/s at best, it is going to take days to finish the 4.8GB.

Oh, and the forums are back up.

Qvoth

planning to go into ramuh but all jp servers not accepting new characters...
so i went ultros to join you guys!
just for beta 3 anyway since we're all getting wiped

Qvoth Solsoul is my in game name

Darryl

Banned
Played about an hour and a half, although I skipped all cutscenes and blasted through early stuff.

+ Game is absolutely gorgeous. Look at that screenshot above. I'm playing on low, I think.
+ Combat flows so smooth. Has high potential. Looks great.
- Early combat is really boring. No surprise here.
- FATEs aren't any fun yet. More frustrating then anything. Racing to score damage points on the enemy so you maximize your XP reward is not fun and I don't get the impression yet that this will change at higher levels.
- Everything I've seen so far looks as theme park as a game can get. Narrow hallways that'll make modern FPS's jealous.

I just hate the world map redesign. It was no fun to look around. I thought that by destroying the seamless maps and going into a more zoned approach, they could breath more life and exploration in the zones. Instead, it looks like they did it moreso to restrict freedom. Just horrible. I don't even care enough to play anymore right now.

Going to wait until they unlock my main character to play more.

Hedge

I was expecting more from the combat overhaul, honestly, though I'm not really sure what. It does flow (a lot) more smoothly than 1.0, but it still doesn't go beyond using your skills in the right order. Of course, as you progress this might change.

As for the exploration, it still doesn't feel quite there. It's vast and open with not much going on - at least as far as I have found.

Graphically, though, it looks absolutely amazing. Both in art-direction (as we all know) and in technology. The day-night cycling and the textures look wonderful.

Tevious

You played at launch so you are a Legacy member which means you probably have an account already. Log into your account and if it lets you in then download the client from the sub forum

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

I don't think I am Legacy, since that was for people who paid a subscription during a time period? I quit the game before they started charging the monthly fee. I was in the original early access beta just before the game launched.

I read something about there being a problem with US PS3 codes, so there is a delay I guess. Maybe I will still get a code soon, idk.

Buttons

bet1qqbe9.jpg

beta26axyw.jpg

beta3xijkl.jpg

I love the new world design. Thanalan and Uldah are gorgeous and I am enjoying exploring a lot.
Game runs smoothly, gamepad control is intuitive and just brilliant.
Loved the new opening videos, perfect FF feeling.

Really looking forward to getting my old char back.

Vlodril

Well i am getting a script error and i can't accept their terms. Apparently other people have the same problem. Hope it will be resolved soon.

Is it just me or did graphics get optimized even further from phase 2? I never drop below 60fps running the game at max and downsampled. Even in town.

Also my character's name is Yorek Spiritreaver if anyone wants to add me to the LS.

Atolm

Another on Ultros here. name is Orta Demilcol

PS3 EU user here. The game doesn't look or run as bad as I thought it would be.

Kyon

Banned
nooooooooooooooooooo I just got a US code in email and now i already linked my US PSN account to my EU SE account. noooooooooooooooooooo how do unlink it?

Daante

I would really like to know how the dungeons and raids feels in this game.
Have they talked anything about how big/small the PVE end game will be?

If i jump on a MMO again (been MMO free since Wow Cata), the PVE end game is extremely important to me.
And im all for the Wow TBC model, with atunements, gear checks, and that if you want to see the most epic content you really have to work your way to it.

ACE 1991

Played about an hour and a half, although I skipped all cutscenes and blasted through early stuff.

+ Game is absolutely gorgeous. Look at that screenshot above. I'm playing on low, I think.
+ Combat flows so smooth. Has high potential. Looks great.
- Early combat is really boring. No surprise here.
- FATEs aren't any fun yet. More frustrating then anything. Racing to score damage points on the enemy so you maximize your XP reward is not fun and I don't get the impression yet that this will change at higher levels.
- Everything I've seen so far looks as theme park as a game can get. Narrow hallways that'll make modern FPS's jealous.

I just hate the world map redesign. It was no fun to look around. I thought that by destroying the seamless maps and going into a more zoned approach, they could breath more life and exploration in the zones. Instead, it looks like they did it moreso to restrict freedom. Just horrible. I don't even care enough to play anymore right now.

Going to wait until they unlock my main character to play more.

Welp, sounds terrible. I don't understand how people have patience in 2013 for these kinds of MMOs.

Caerith

I played at launch and signed up for the beta months ago. Should I expect to get an email to get in, or are there further steps I need to take?

vazel

Banned
Now that I've upgraded my CPU to a 3570k the game is no longer a slideshow. :D

I love the gamepad controls. I didn't think anyone could do better gamepad controls for an MMO than what is in DCUO. A new standard has been set. I pray other MMOs emulate this kind of control scheme.

Does it matter which server I jump in on? FFXI locked you to a server from what I remember.

I got a beta invite for PC and PS3 in one e-mail. Can I play my character on both formats then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom