• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter which server I jump in on? FFXI locked you to a server from what I remember.

I got a beta invite for PC and PS3 in one e-mail. Can I play my character on both formats then?

?#1 Server will matter on Phase 4, I'm not entirely sure server swapping is in at launch.

?#2 You can, same passwords, etc.

Darryl

Banned
Not liking what I'm hearing about there being no exploration :(

It just feels like you're moving from set piece to set piece. Your character still walks. There are still pretty things and when you walk up on top of the things they direct you to walk on top of, you'll still discover the cool things that they want you to. It just feels so canned. If you don't mind that, it's still great. I just personally require more then that. I'm addicted to it, it's the feeling I've enjoyed most about MMOs. It's just that in an hour of running as far as I could, every place I could and in every direction. I didn't see any hiding spots. I didn't see anything that I though hey, maybe people haven't looked over here in awhile. From what I've seen so far, every single thing I saw is probably the same thing everyone else will see. No individual experiences.

Registered the PS3 code on my PC and everything seemed fine...tried to log in after the download was done on PS3 and it wanted the code again and of course said it was already registered. The Square account management system is telling me "code registration is currently unavailable," so is this just maintenance related or did I just screw it up?

Druz

I have Beta key but I don't know if it's because I signed up or because I have a legacy account-- eventhough there is no real evidence that I own a legacy account since everything is so fractured and vague in account details

rocK`

Banned
I have Beta key but I don't know if it's because I signed up or because I have a legacy account-- eventhough there is no real evidence that I own a legacy account since everything is so fractured and vague in account details

Did you get it via email? Been a legacy member and did phase 1,2. Dont see an email for a beta key

N.A

Banned
So beautiful!
FiGcczE.jpg

wrowa

I just spent 15 minutes figuring out my SE ID and password. When I failed I spent an even longer time figuring out my secret question + answer... Somehow I totally forget my account data in the last three months. I'm finally good to go, though. Now I just need to download the game again... :p

EllisD

The beta code I received for the Playstation 3 isn't working on my North American PSN account. It says it's not valid or has already been used. Do I need a Europe account or something?

I just spent 15 minutes figuring out my SE ID and password. When I failed I spent an even longer time figuring out my secret question + answer... Somehow I totally forget my account data in the last three months. I'm finally good to go, though. Now I just need to download the game again... :p

The fact it doesn't tell you which secret question you picked annoyed the hell of out me. Of course mine ended up being the last one I tried answering :p

WarMacheen

I think it's amazing that the email I used when I registered my 1.0 copy, on the day of release, still hasn't gotten an invite, but an email address I used to sign up two weeks ago...get's an invite

either way, I'll be DL'ing today.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Registered the PS3 code on my PC and everything seemed fine...tried to log in after the download was done on PS3 and it wanted the code again and of course said it was already registered. The Square account management system is telling me "code registration is currently unavailable," so is this just maintenance related or did I just screw it up?

Yeah, I can't download it either. http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/38534-PS3-Beta-Registration-Errors

Might just be something wrong with some US codes at the moment? Not sure.

Cmagus

It just feels like you're moving from set piece to set piece. Your character still walks. There are still pretty things and when you walk up on top of the things they direct you to walk on top of, you'll still discover the cool things that they want you to. It just feels so canned. If you don't mind that, it's still great. I just personally require more then that. I'm addicted to it, it's the feeling I've enjoyed most about MMOs. It's just that in an hour of running as far as I could, every place I could and in every direction. I didn't see any hiding spots. I didn't see anything that I though hey, maybe people haven't looked over here in awhile. From what I've seen so far, every single thing I saw is probably the same thing everyone else will see. No individual experiences.

There is plenty of exploration. At first you will be guided to learn the ropes but there are plenty of places to explore (achievements for certain areas), monster hunting logs to do, and later missions if it is anything like 1.0 will have you visiting many areas of each area. I am the same way i like exploring and I can tell you that even in Phase 2 I was still finding little things in Gridania right till the end of it.

People will see later on that at first this game will be by the books but this game will also be about the end game content which there will be plenty of. You'll also find tasks such as acquiring the Relic weapons will keep you busy.

So I haven't had the chance to play yet, but I got my invite yesterday and prepped the client for tonight when I am home from work.

Is controller support in the beta? If so, anyone playing with a controller (on PC, that is)? How does it work? I don't mind using M+K, especially since I have one of those Razer Nostromo pads, but controller support sounds nifty.

Buttons

Arcanist is not playable in beta yet but if anyone wants to see Carbuncle, go to the Arcanist guild in Limsa Lominsa. :D

carbieb5u57.jpg

daveo42

Banned
1.0 players are still waiting to get in. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I got my beta key last night at some point before midnight. Sadly, I won't be in until later this afternoon due to things like responsibilities and having to work[/].

What servers are people on and any word on if we'll keep our levels or are we getting a wipe at the end?

kierwynn

Woke up this morning to a beta invite! It's for the PS3 version and while I would have preferred the pc version (as that is what I plan to play on when it releases), I'm still happy to get to try it out! My brother has been in beta since the beginning- I don't have to be jealous of him anymore. lol

Woke up this morning to a beta invite! It's for the PS3 version and while I would have preferred the pc version (as that is what I plan to play on when it releases), I'm still happy to get to try it out! My brother has been in beta since the beginning- I don't have to be jealous of him anymore. lol

You can download the PC client and it should work.

I thought I had a PS3 code only but it's for both. The PS3 downlaod code is a separate thing.

I got a PS3 invite just now at 8:55 eastern time so they are still sending them out, apparently.

I signed up for this back in February or something and forgot all about it. So it's a nice surprise. Between this and The Last of Us, my PS3 would be getting a workout this weekend. I say "would" because about zero time for video games this weekend. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom