• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I've got both a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (big) code and a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (small) code...

The long one is for your SE account, the small code is for downloading the client I think, there's a link to the instruction for the big code.

The bottom under the small code is the ps3 download instruction.

Kyon

Banned
So if we got an email with the registration code and PS3 beta code, are we also able to participate in the beta on PC? Or are we limited to PS3 only?

only ps3

FML the download stopped halfway. It keeps giving error is their maintenance?

ibqYat7OQp1bu0.gif

Jubern

I saw people talking about JP people going to Durandal but I don't see that server on the list?

And with Ramuh full I don't know where to start ahah...

Just got my beta e-mail on my way in to work...the same day I'm picking up The Last of Us.

Square, your timing is impeccable. I'll still download the thing though, I've got like 12 hours of class tomorrow so I can just set the beta up to download then.

How big is the PS3 client? Does it download most of it in the initial PSN download, or does it do most of that through the patcher client?

Pachimari

What is it all about actually? I'm really curious as this will be the first time I try out a MMO.

Is it were I can go to the beach, sit down and hang out with people I know? Is it text chat?

Got my invite for both PC and PS3 today as I was driving to work :) Cannot wait to check out the PS3 version, is this game going to be cross-platform?

Why did this have to come out the same day as Last Of Us?! :'(

kiyomi

How big is the ps3 client after it's all set up? The psn store download was quite small but is there more to d/l later (assuming my code ever works)? I'm getting low on space on my ps3 and still need to install Last of Us.

When you're in the client you need to download roughly 5GB.

Servers are back up? I'm going to join Ultros and start my character, then. Never played this before, so :D

Soo umm... since I was in the Alpha and Beta 1 and 2 I'm in this one too right? I just can't patch right now because of the login issues :/

Jubern

How big is the ps3 client after it's all set up? The psn store download was quite small but is there more to d/l later (assuming my code ever works)? I'm getting low on space on my ps3 and still need to install Last of Us.

My install is 5436 MB.

I didn't knew we were getting French voices and was REALLY surprised upon launching the game (no FF was ever dubbed in French, KH 1&2 only). So far so good too, the narration was perfect.

Might keep the French voices, but switch the subtitles and interface to Japanese for easier interaction with people here lol

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Jesus Christ these fucking login issues.

Kemal86

Got in. I only registered recently but I did own the original version and had the promo code from FF13 on PS3.

Excited to give it a go, sad I won't have time to for another few days.

Sophia

Soo umm... since I was in the Alpha and Beta 1 and 2 I'm in this one too right? I just can't patch right now because of the login issues :/

Yes, you're in. The patcher is having a lot of issues right now thanks to maintenance.

No kidding. It can't pull up the NA/EU World List for me.

Be lucky you can even get that far. I can't even log in. The entry boxes are gone. ;p

Credo

Be lucky you can even get that far. I can't even log in. The entry boxes are gone. ;p

Hahaha. I have the screen pulled up now with my user name and password entered. I have clicked Log In approximately 50 times now and it just sits there.

Yes, you're in. The patcher is having a lot of issues right now thanks to maintenance.

Alright thanks! Though am I supposed to get a code in my email then? Because I got none and I even had a 1.0 account :(

Jubern

Managed to register my character on Ramuh! But I can't get past the first loading screen after that, it keeps losing the connection. I suppose it's not quite ready yet.

batbeg

Everytime I try to initiate making an account and stuff the server boots me back to the beginning in a hurry :( I've never played an MMO before, I'm curious about trying this one out.

akaoni

Banned
One of the best character creators I've had the joy of dealing with. Saving presets (up to 40?), instant loading on mouse over for hairstyles etc. They nailed that to be honest. Very good presets. Job armour previews. Add that to the already existing changeable environments for lighting etc. It's great for obsessive people like me.

thumbs-up.gif

Boss Man

Got an email less than an hour ago, in the PS3 beta!

So excite. I bought the PC version and tried playing it, but I can't even express how unplayable it was on my laptop. Everything was turned literally all the way down and it looked like a PS1 game and ran at about 2 FPS. Not exaggerating at all.

I hope this gives me FFXI vibes. Will be trying it out after work. Is this stuff going to be saved or is that another phase?

Vlodril

Fantastic character creator i agree. And that music. So good. Too bad it kicked me out as soon as i finish my character creation. i hope it saved it.. Now i do not have a log in again

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Seems like it is all down. I was able to create my char on Garuda (Rad Tageous), kinda wish I could play!

Registered my beta code with Square. Now it's not letting me view the tutorial on how to install the beta on my PS3. Looks like their site is getting HAMMERED right now.

I take it I just enter the PSN voucher code, download the application, and then log into the client (once it's downloaded) using my Square Enix account that the beta code is linked to? Is there anything else I need to do to get the game running?

Please tell me I didn't do something wrong. I would hate if I accidentally wasted my beta code on the PC version, which I can't even play.

Vlodril

Well the character models are very good. Not only the character creator has a lot of options its streamlined and everything looks great. Now you know.. let us in. please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom