• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just got kicked XD Just started a 'boss' fight too!

Anyway, from what I've played so far I'm liking it. It's a lot more accessible and easy to start with than FFXI ever was. The battles are really fast too, which I like.

No complaints just yet!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Are people who got their PS3 download code working playing in NA? Also I thought no screenshots or videos allowed that weren't SE published, just "information" was allowed to be shared?

syko de4d

At the moment i am suprised. I started without any expectations and after 2 hours i must say i have fun.

The Pad controls are really good, i think i will buy it for PS4.

If i play it now on PC tll the PS4 release have i need to buy the game again on PS4 or even need to start a new charakter?

It runs with max graphics on my 1.2tflop 560TI, so the PS4 version should even look better when they put some work into it, or?

NDA is now lifted for everything except videos.

Not sure if there will be any more waves of invites but you can still sign up here:

GAF Servers
GAF Fresh Start: Ultros
GAF Legacy: Sargatanas (not available during first test)
JP GAF: Durandal

I was just invited this morning. Will be downloading on my PS3 once I get home.

N.A

Banned
Are people who got their PS3 download code working playing in NA? Also I thought no screenshots or videos allowed that weren't SE published, just "information" was allowed to be shared?

Screenshots are allowed. No videos though.

Posted my initial impressions in the community thread but will start posting here for the duration of the beta.

I was able to get my character created and run around for a bit but I'm stuck at work for the next 8 hours. So far I'm impressed with most of the character creation improvements from the previous betas. I'm Kuro Murakami on Ultros! Will be playing all weekend so I'm looking forward to getting some GAF groups going.

Just checked my mail and it looks like I got into the PS3 beta! Too bad I got another 7 hours of work before I can go home and play =[

BibiMaghoo

So I was in the PC beta, but yesterday they sent me a code for PC and PS3. I'm only interested in the PS3 one having already tried the PC one, so if anyone wants the PC code, PM me and I'll send it over.

LowParry

Yeah I got my toon created on Ultros as well. I'm going through an identity crisis with my character but I think for now I'll go with my Dark Elf character. Whom I need to change jobs with once servers are back up. Thank you SE for letting me save character customs!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, Uldah didn't change much. Will try Limsa when they open the Japanese servers.

Took a few screenshots:
ibggZm2WyHTSrL.png
iz28VmLOjJ3X3.png

iNvPCTDbwV7ox.png
ibwezIkPLGfuV2.png

holy shit I'm sitting here bummed out that I didn't get a beta code and then I get an email notification... hot diggity dog god damn!

ebil

Is it just me or did graphics get optimized even further from phase 2? I never drop below 60fps running the game at max and downsampled. Even in town.

Also my character's name is Yorek Spiritreaver if anyone wants to add me to the LS.
I don't think it's you. Game is even smoother than before for me, and it looks like they further improved the lighting and effects, too.

LowParry

I don't think it's you. Game is even smoother than before for me, and it looks like they further improved the lighting and effects, too.

They did something because when I entered in the populated area of Uldah, the game was still rocking 60fps. If that's the case, the rest of the world exploring is going to be glorious :D

Vlodril

Are the servers down? I installed the client. closed it to run it through steam and now i am getting an error (2146697211). Cannot load the forums very well either.

There was definitely some optimization. Also, if you're from the NA/EU and playing on Ultros you should also notice a difference in smoothness due to much better latency. Ultros is a NA/EU regional server with a local data center. The servers in the previous betas were all located in JP data centers.

N.A

Banned
Are the servers down? I installed the client. closed it to run it through steam and now i am getting an error (2146697211). Cannot load the forums very well either.

Yes. Due to go back up any minute now as long as they are no more delays.

LowParry

There was definitely some optimization. Also, if you're from the NA/EU and playing on Ultros you should also notice a difference in smoothness due to much better latency. Ultros is a NA/EU regional server with a local data center. The servers in the previous betas were all located in JP data centers.

Ah that's very true. I never did check my latency while playing. Will have to check it out when the game is back up.

It just feels like you're moving from set piece to set piece. Your character still walks. There are still pretty things and when you walk up on top of the things they direct you to walk on top of, you'll still discover the cool things that they want you to. It just feels so canned. If you don't mind that, it's still great. I just personally require more then that. I'm addicted to it, it's the feeling I've enjoyed most about MMOs. It's just that in an hour of running as far as I could, every place I could and in every direction. I didn't see any hiding spots. I didn't see anything that I though hey, maybe people haven't looked over here in awhile. From what I've seen so far, every single thing I saw is probably the same thing everyone else will see. No individual experiences.

Something I worry about as well. Will give it time and see what the new areas are like, but seems like there is a path to everything on the map that everyone who is following quests will go to with not a lot of room for extra or superfluous areas. Something that you need in a gameworld to make it feel more real and open.

Maintenance extended again as they have found a problem with the login server. No ETA yet.

Something is up with the patcher, too. The launcher won't patch for me (I got booted last night trying to d/l the client update, so I was gonna restart it....)

Foofaraw

I woke up early to play before work. Hope this comes up within the hour so I can at least make a character. Very excited.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So if we got an email with the registration code and PS3 beta code, are we also able to participate in the beta on PC? Or are we limited to PS3 only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom